GGT 213 is now known as GgT, made by Ninja Theory, and is much improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I always preferred the Iaito to the Washing Pole, but lightning was the way to go. The alternate attack not being the standard thrust of the uchigatana/washing pole was the deciding factor.[/QUOTE]
I might make a iatio chaos blade.

Also I looked up that miracle you mentioned they dropped the prerequisite for that one miracle you're talking about by half. I just need to offer the soul of Gwyn for that one last miracle though...

Lightning was OP when the game dropped, but they did some patch updates to nerf the OPness that was lightning based weapons.

Chaos weapons are awesome, but heavily rely on humanity.

[quote name='gunm']I love cutscenes. :cool:

Also, I picked up Far Cry 3 through Amazon DoTD + FC.

Wwwwhhhhyyyyyyyy????[/QUOTE]
Because it's a fantastic game.

You gonna get tatau'd out, bro.

Get ready for that sick bass drop in the Skrillex mission.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Skrillex mission?

What?![/QUOTE]
There's a totally random Skrillex mission in Far Cry 3. It's one of the most hilarious things I've ever experienced this gen.

That is because Cashcom knows how to price their titles...

/edit: I might bite @ $30 for relaunch, but $50 is basically a cry for cash gouging.

[quote name='The Crotch']Losing oxygen, commander![/QUOTE]

I've always wanted to ride the express train to take over an enemy ship U-571 style.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow... RE:Revelations is a $50 title?

I'll grab it eventually, but not for $50. More like sub $20.[/QUOTE]

$7.50 on Steam, same price I'll pay for RE6. :bouncy:

[quote name='j-cart']If you have never been a subscriber and just leveling up a toon, then yes the game is free. But if you at level 50 then no the game really isn't free. I help out you free to play people all the time, Crotch just hates cutscene driven stories :D

The brand alone is enough to garner hype, however those that are Skyrim fans most likely will not enojoy the MMO setting. Either way, for gaming companies to survive now, they NEED a MMO.[/QUOTE]

Name one MMO in the past 5 years that has not gone free to play.

[quote name='The Crotch']Intentionally not watching the new trailer. And also not too sure what the ZvT metagame is in HotS, as very few terran players are actually playing the beta. But mutas and ultras have received crazy-huge buffs, so I wouldn't be surprised if they figure in pretty heavily.

And nobody needs an MMO, dammit. They just think they do because Blizzard.[/QUOTE]

This.

MMOs require a huge Technical investment that most companies aren't capable of handling. Bethesda might be able to do so, but I still don't see why I should care about it as an MMO.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Name one MMO in the past 5 years that has not gone free to play.
[/QUOTE]

First, a game can be successful when it is F2P. In some instances it has brought in more subscriptions.

To answer your question, EVE Online.

[quote name='BlueScrote']MMOs require a huge Technical investment that most companies aren't capable of handling. Bethesda might be able to do so, but I still don't see why I should care about it as an MMO.[/QUOTE]

We shouldn't care. It will be the same old WoW themepark MMO, which is not what an Elder Scrolls game is about.

How much profit did TOR actually make?
Considering it cost 200 million to get out the door,
and 6 years of development.

Granted,
TOR was definitely the most interesting MMO I've played since Warcraft
But I also never paid for anything outside of my included month.

I'm not sure why these companies get into these MMOs.
It doesn't seem like their made from demand,
but a desire to crack into WoW's oodles of cash.
I have friends from high school who still play WoW, 8 years since launch.
Why?

Lol remember when Schilling wanted to make an Amalur MMO?

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']How much profit did TOR actually make?
Considering it cost 200 million to get out the door,
and 6 years of development.

Granted,
TOR was definitely the most interesting MMO I've played since Warcraft
But I also never paid for anything outside of my included month.[/QUOTE]

If you look at EA earnings the past year, the have been barely above even. Their stock price dropping had to do with SWTOR not getting WoW numbers and ME3 not breaking 5 million total at launch (somewhere in their reports they had ME3 costing $100+ million including marketing).

Come 1/30 EA will have their first investors call since SWTOR has gone F2P. I for one can tell you that they will reflect SWTOR in very good light. Those cartel packs have been a goldmine.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Lol remember when Schilling wanted to make an Amalur MMO?[/QUOTE]

I believe it would have done extremely well if it had been launched properly. Huge EQ guy that had a grand idea on how to create a new direction for MMOs by showcasing the possibilities with the Amalur SP game. Too bad his ego was too large and a Mayor's pockets had to be filled.

[quote name='gunm']Do I play ME2 tonight....sigh...[/QUOTE]

No point since it is just a filler for the disappointment that is ME3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueScrote']Name one MMO in the past 5 years that has not gone free to play.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='j-cart']
To answer your question, EVE Online.[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_Online
Eve Online (stylised EVE Online) is a video game by CCP Games. It is a player-driven, persistent-world MMORPG set in a science fiction space setting. Characters pilot customizable ships through a galaxy of over 7,500 star systems.[1][2] Most star systems are connected to one or more other star systems by means of stargates. The star systems can contain moons, planets, stations, wormholes, asteroid belts and complexes.
Players of Eve Online can participate in a number of in-game professions and activities, including mining, piracy, manufacturing, trading, exploration, and combat (both player versus environment and player versus player). The character advancement system is based upon training skills in real time, even while not logged into the game.[3]
Eve Online was released in North America and Europe in May 2003. It was published from May to December 2003 by Simon & Schuster Interactive,[4] after which CCP purchased the rights and began to self-publish via a digital distribution scheme.[5] On January 22, 2008, it was announced that Eve Online would be distributed via Steam.[6] On March 10, 2009, the game was again made available in boxed form in stores, released by Atari.[7] The current version of Eve Online is Retribution, released December 4, 2012.[8] In March 2012, EVE Online reached over 400,000 subscribers.[9]

My point stands that basically only WoW and Eve have been able to keep a monthly sub and they released in 2004 and 2003 respectively.

I realize my tone is coming off kind of dickish, I just mean to say I don't think the old MMO Monthly subscription is a viable business model, even for TES.

BBA_ezmCQAA69Lz.jpg
BBBDkwgCMAADmi3.jpg
BBBN5cGCAAQKLbd.jpg
BBGD6F5CQAEVX2Q.jpg
BBFQXUXCQAE2uTi.jpg

That 55" plasma I got a couple weeks back started buzzing loudly on bright scenes and driving me nuts. Also started noticing some image retention (just temporary though).

Had Panasonic send a tech out to see if they could fix the buzzing. Replaced a bunch of screws with new ones (apparently the original ones tended to come loose), but it didn't help at all.

That, combined with the IR, was more than I could tolerate so I opted to send it back to Amazon and exchange for an LED set. I'll give up the better blacks and less motion blur to get rid of the buzz (I'm just super sensitive and easily annoyed by buzzing electronics) and not having to worry about IR if I want to leave ESPN on all day or game for hours. Will also be nice to be able to watch during the day without shutting all the blinds and losing my view--the plasma had a glossy glass screen and was super reflective of light and really got the picture washed out in sunlight.

Opted for this 55" Panasonic model.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-...&sr=8-1&keywords=panasonic+55"+led+four+pairs

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, a bunch of Wii U games got announced today that I'm really excited for.

- New Xeno game
- SMT x Fire Emblem
- Yoshi yarn game like the Kirby one
- New 3D Mario from the Galaxy team
- Wind Waker HD

[quote name='dmaul1114']That 55" plasma I got a couple weeks back started buzzing loudly on bright scenes and driving me nuts. Also started noticing some image retention (just temporary though).

Had Panasonic send a tech out to see if they could fix the buzzing. Replaced a bunch of screws with new ones (apparently the original ones tended to come loose), but it didn't help at all.

That, combined with the IR, was more than I could tolerate so I opted to send it back to Amazon and exchange for an LED set. I'll give up the better blacks and less motion blur to get rid of the buzz (I'm just super sensitive and easily annoyed by buzzing electronics) and not having to worry about IR if I want to leave ESPN on all day or game for hours. Will also be nice to be able to watch during the day without shutting all the blinds and losing my view--the plasma had a glossy glass screen and was super reflective of light and really got the picture washed out in sunlight.

Opted for this 55" Panasonic model.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-...&sr=8-1&keywords=panasonic+55"+led+four+pairs[/QUOTE]

Damn, that sucks. Be sure to share impressions of the LED vs the plasma when you get it.

[quote name='ihadFG']Wow, a bunch of Wii U games got announced today that I'm really excited for.

- New Xeno game
- SMT x Fire Emblem
- Wind Waker HD[/QUOTE]

I have NEVER wanted to own a Nintendo console before.

Good game, Nintendo. You win.

[quote name='ihadFG']Wow, a bunch of Wii U games got announced today that I'm really excited for.

- New Xeno game
- SMT x Fire Emblem
- Wind Waker HD[/QUOTE]

How I feel about those games:

-Don't care
-Don't care
-Don't care
-Don't care
-Don't care

[quote name='whoknows']How I feel about those games:

-Don't care
-Don't care
-Don't care
-Don't care
-Don't care[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right, still only care about Bayonetta 2.

- New Xeno game
- SMT x Fire Emblem
- Wind Waker HD[/QUOTE]
... and thus, I am conquered.

Hah, Patrice made a round-about back to Ubisoft. Maybe he'll fix the Assassin's Creed series.

Koch Media did buy Volition and Saint's Row and also Metro. Whatever, as long as they keep Volition with SR, I don't care.

Sega did get Relic and CoH.

Crytek bought Homefront for some reason.

And nobody bought Vigil.

$500k Homefront (Crytek)
$26M for Relic (Sega)
$2.5M for THQ Montreal (Ubisoft)
$3.2M for South Park (Ubisoft)
$11M for Evolve (Take-Two)
$22.3M for Volition (Koch Media)
$5.8M for Metro (Koch Media)

[quote name='whoknows']How I feel about those games:

-Don't care
-Don't care
-Don't care
-Don't care
-Don't care[/QUOTE]
Agreed. 10 years ago and I would've cared. Now? Don't give a shit, die in a fire, Nintendo.

And speaking of dying in fires, finished Sleeping Dogs Nightmare At North Point. It was an amusing distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back