GGT 225 doesn't want ActionKazimer to buy the WIIU he found on CraigsList

[quote name='j-cart']But that is Planetside 2, this is lightsabers...
[/QUOTE]
Yes, and Planetside 2 lets me drive Starcraft-style siege tanks.

I'm going to Fanime for sure, Anime Expo is really likely, but I think I'm going to end up skipping New York Comic Con this year, maybe next year I'll do that trip or maybe actually try for San Diego Comic Con. I kind of feel like NYCC would be too much for this year since I'm going to a wedding with my sister at a resort in Cancun (that will be my first trip to Mexico) this summer, which should still be a total blast, although I'm kind of worried it's going to be insanely hot and I'll have to lather up with sun screen the entire time, haha.

[quote name='j-cart']That is because they can't relate to you on why you like FF13.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know why he liked FF13. But I liked it too. Enough to spend 100+ hours and grinding those giant dinosaur bastards a bit to get the platinum.

[quote name='Luxuria']
I'm the same way. I mean, I do have like 3 or so games on my achievement list that were clearly for whoring. My friends and I refuse to do Avatar or Hannah Montana though. They aren't even fun.

I feel like getting all the achievements is one of the best ways to know I've done everything there is to do in the game. Well, some at least. Final Fantasy XIII's achievement list is a great example of this. Some lists are pretty fun, too. Fighters do tend to have annoying lists that include challenge modes or whatever, but not playing the game because of that? That's ridiculous.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much. It's funny, there are steam games I play but I'm not as focused on the achievements there (see: Hotline Miami, Super House of Dead Ninjas)... we'll see how that works when I transition to a gaming PC later this year.

I dunno, they add enjoyment for me. And that's what matters, I guess.

Hahhahahaha, holy shit. I go out for after-work drinks and come back to my own thread. Good call on waiting. I'ma chill until it inevitably gets cheaper. Thanks, bros.

[quote name='panzerfaust']nothing is on Wii U yet, right? you'll find a better deal on it later when there's actually a library for the thing.[/QUOTE]Very disappointing right now (I even own one). I expect it to eventually be good though.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Mixed impressions? It's the best 2D platformer since Super Mario World and SMB3, IMO. It's worth $20 easily. I've bought the game 3 4 times already. It's fucking good. GET IT.

Problem solved.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the gift, Frosty. I'll be sure to share my impressions when I get back from vacation.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Very disappointing right now (I even own one). I expect it to eventually be good though.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't played Monster Hunter Tri and are willing to sink a bunch of time into a game (think I put about 180 hours into Tri on the Wii and I didn't finish the final monster of online mode, I was really close though) and have a friend or two to play with online the Monster Hunter on WiiU would be a good investment since you already have the console, but yeah outside of that there isn't much.

[quote name='icebeast']I'm going to Fanime for sure, Anime Expo is really likely, but I think I'm going to end up skipping New York Comic Con this year, maybe next year I'll do that trip or maybe actually try for San Diego Comic Con. I kind of feel like NYCC would be too much for this year since I'm going to a wedding with my sister at a resort in Cancun (that will be my first trip to Mexico) this summer, which should still be a total blast, although I'm kind of worried it's going to be insanely hot and I'll have to lather up with sun screen the entire time, haha.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of going to Comic-Con next year as well. I'll have to see. The con I'm going to right now is sort of last minute honestly.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Cancun. Just don't get food poisoning!

If anyone is going to Blizzcon this year, I might be attending that. Should meet up and geek out over Blizz's new MMO. :cool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm probably the only person on Earth that likes FF12 but dislikes FF13.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked FF12. The gambit system was well done and I love the 'MMO' like aspect of the game. Pamela

I only care for acheivments/trophies on games I like. Gives me a reason/goal to continue playing after I beat the game. But I never really try for the harder stuff. I have zero platinum trophies (my closest to one is that Sega Genesis collection...got them all but the Mean Bean Machine one).

I've grown to really like FF13. But FF13-2? Not as much. I'm looking forward to Lightning Returns.

[quote name='icebeast']If you haven't played Monster Hunter Tri and are willing to sink a bunch of time into a game (think I put about 180 hours into Tri on the Wii and I didn't finish the final monster of online mode, I was really close though) and have a friend or two to play with online the Monster Hunter on WiiU would be a good investment since you already have the console, but yeah outside of that there isn't much.[/QUOTE]I don't even like Monster Hunter games. I tried hard to like them but they don't fit me.

[quote name='icebeast']I'm going to Fanime for sure, Anime Expo is really likely, but I think I'm going to end up skipping New York Comic Con this year, maybe next year I'll do that trip or maybe actually try for San Diego Comic Con. I kind of feel like NYCC would be too much for this year since I'm going to a wedding with my sister at a resort in Cancun (that will be my first trip to Mexico) this summer, which should still be a total blast, although I'm kind of worried it's going to be insanely hot and I'll have to lather up with sun screen the entire time, haha.[/QUOTE]I'm REALLY considering Anime Expo and NYCC this year. AX I'm off, but the travel would be pricey and I'd have to cancel a few other cons. Also, might buy a house and won't have time to go. NYCC is more likely since I live just 3 hours away.

These are the following cons I still plan to go to:
Zenkaikon (next week, Lancaster, PA)
NipponCon (week after, in Westminister, MD)
TMODE (Rockville, MD in mid April, still possible)
Animazement (Raleigh, NC, Memorial Day weekend).
Anime Next (Somerset, NJ, early June)
Anime Mid-Atlantic (Chesapeake, VA, mid June)
Otakon (Baltimore, MD, mid August)
AnimeUSA (Washington, DC, mid September)
NekoCon (Hampton, VA, early Nov.)
TigerCon (Towson, MD, early Dec.)

I already went to MAGFest, IchibanCon, and Katsucon.

[quote name='whoknows']Need to start charging a membership fee.[/QUOTE]
With GGT+ you can make fun of Jamal with your favorite Classic GGTers (the best of us) in Skype.

[quote name='Krymner']I only care for acheivments/trophies on games I like. Gives me a reason/goal to continue playing after I beat the game. But I never really try for the harder stuff. I have zero platinum trophies (my closest to one is that Sega Genesis collection...got them all but the Mean Bean Machine one).

I've grown to really like FF13. But FF13-2? Not as much. I'm looking forward to Lightning Returns.[/QUOTE]

I thought I didn't like 13-2 at first, but the more time I gave it the more I ended up liking it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']With GGT+ you can make fun of Jamal with your favorite Classic GGTers (the best of us) in Skype.[/QUOTE]

I already do that on Twitter...but he keeps blocking all my accounts. :cry:

What a jerk.

[quote name='whoknows']
I already do that on Twitter...but he keeps blocking all my accounts. :cry:

What a jerk.[/QUOTE]
Of course you do, but you're a classic member, so you don't get anything by paying for it.

[quote name='GUNNM']Ayame is pretty fun to use in NG RE. I'll rent it just to play with her[/QUOTE]

Gross.

Also her name isn't Ayame.

[quote name='GUNNM']Ayame is pretty fun to use in NG RE. I'll rent it just to play with her[/QUOTE]
Her name is Ayane. Please stop spelling things wrong.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Her name is Ayane. Please stop spelling things wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet his ability to spell is related to your penchant for poetry slams. ;)

[quote name='whoknows']Gross.

Also her name isn't Ayame.[/QUOTE]
I even googled it to make sure I was right and this was the first thing I got but I guess its the wrong person I didn't even click the link I just went out to eat before posting that but I stand corrected
http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Ayame

[quote name='GUNNM']I didn't click the link broshep ;x until now
I fuckED UP[/QUOTE]

At least you own it.
I finished Rising R-01 and R-02 today with S rank.
fuck that Grad fight at the end of 2, man. What a bunch of shit.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']I only do it for the hipster snaps[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to be a jerk... I was merely suggesting it was his "thing". ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm willing to bet his ability to spell is related to your penchant for poetry slams. ;)[/QUOTE]
I only do it for the hipster snaps

...alright guys, go ahead.

BFb4_7yCMAE-mrO.jpg:large
BFb65M4CYAE0z5G.jpg:large

[quote name='corrosivefrost']At least you own it.
I finished Rising R-01 and R-02 today with S rank.
fuck that Grad fight at the end of 2, man. What a bunch of shit.

[/QUOTE]
hrm I don't recall a GRAD in file 02

Funny, I was just telling Hank we needed Timesplitters HD...

A dedicated group of TimeSplitters fans have taken it upon themselves to create a new, free game for like-minded folks: TimeSplitters Rewind. Developed with permission from CryTek and using assets from actual TimeSplitters games as reference material, Rewind is being constructed in CryEngine 3 and will focus primarily on multiplayer.

Also, this is pretty fuckin' cool in my book. Makes me even more excited for my gaming PC:
re6pcxl4d2ellis05bmpjpgcopy.jpg

You got your L4D2 in my RE6:Mercenaries!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Wait, what'd she have done?[/QUOTE]

Two black/redish dots on her neck for vampire bites.

Can't really tell cuz they're bleeding or something.

[quote name='GUNNM']Oh ok youtubed it. Yup very hard part easily hardest part in the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GUNNM']hrm I don't recall a GRAD in file 02[/QUOTE]

Doing that shit on revengeance wasn't terrible... but doing that shit on revengeance with no damage was ridiculous. The boss properties Grad is a total dick. I could continually manage to evade and take out the Grad buddy with Ripper mode... but then I'd get a cheap shot from the boss Grad... the other problem is it kept running away and taking cheapshots at me. PAIN IN MY ASS... the VR 018 trick doesn't work either, because of his boss properties. :wall:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Doing that shit on revengeance wasn't terrible... but doing that shit on revengeance with no damage was ridiculous. The boss properties Grad is a total dick. I could continually manage to evade and take out the Grad buddy with Ripper mode... but then I'd get a cheap shot from the boss Grad... the other problem is it kept running away and taking cheapshots at me. PAIN IN MY ASS... the VR 018 trick doesn't work either, because of his boss properties. :wall:[/QUOTE]
I don't know if you know this but parrying on bosses on Revegnancnence mode does crazy retarded dmg. If you parry any boss in that mode they're almost instantly killed but then again I can only think of two bosses you could really parry Sam and that GRAD

If you parried the GRAD when he rushed you with that shield attack it would have dropped him to around 40%.

Or maybe parrying Sam always did a lot of dmg. I tried on very hard but I gave up after three tries I'm a little MGR'd out.

[quote name='GUNNM']I don't know if you know this but parrying on bosses on Revegnancnence mode does crazy retarded dmg. If you parry any boss in that mode they're almost instantly killed but then again I can only think of two bosses you could really parry Sam and that GRAD

If you parried the GRAD when he rushed you with that shield attack it would have dropped him to around 40%.[/QUOTE]

It works on Mistral and Blade Wolf too, but getting it on that Grad's initial rush is ... iffy.
I managed to hit Mistral with one on the second part of that fight earlier today, dropped her ass to 14% or so immediately. On the run I managed to close out the Grad fight in 02, I manged to get a parry on the boss after he retreated and then turned and immediately killed the other one with ripper mode... after that it as just trying to cause insane damage as fast as possible on the boss and keeping him close. Not easy at all though.

I wonder if it works on Sundowner...

Oh btw for me when fighting sundowner I had to wait for him in his second form when you destroy his shield to earn enough points when you destroy his shield you have to wait for him to jump to the side and two cyborg soldiers will drop you'll need at least one zandatsu or you'll end up with an A

I don't think he has any parryable moves I've tried when you parry him with his shield he'll instantly raise his shield

And for sam you'll need to destroy two wooden crates to get the repair nanopaste to be converted to BP points to earn enough points for an S ranking.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't think you should be giving tips about things when you can't spell Ayane's name correctly.[/QUOTE]

Rome wasn't built before taking a step.

[quote name='GUNNM']

Rome wasn't built before taking a step.[/QUOTE]

Rome wasn't built by spelling Ayane's name wrong either.

bread's done
Back