GGT 225 doesn't want ActionKazimer to buy the WIIU he found on CraigsList

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Oh snap thanks for the heads up, should be good now.[/QUOTE]

Yo, 0:34, you blocked him despite being in the start-up of your attack. Can you feint that move?

whoa. holy scheisse!
Apparently the Darkstalkers games have an option in game settings to change the turbo speed a la the SF2T SNES games (and I'm sure others, but this is where I remember it from).

If you go into "game settings" you can change darkstalkers 2 and 3 "default speeds" to be normal or turboX... I think darkstalkers 3 starts at turbo 3 and darkstalkers 2 starts at turbo 2. I turned darkstalkers 2 up to turbo 6... TOO fuckING FAST. I have it set to 3 for now.

[quote name='distgfx']Yo, 0:34, you blocked him despite being in the start-up of your attack. Can you feint that move?[/QUOTE]

Nah, what happens (and you can't tell because the youtube upload tends to skip frames here and there) is that I did the LK version which shoots me straight down and then I start blocking as soon as I hit the ground.

Will probably post up another video later, although I finally got Rising so I've been hooked on that. Any must buy skills? I am on Case 3 (I think? The one that starts off
with you fighting a bunch of cops after Raiden's car gets blown up
).

I purchased the Pole Arm and some upgrades for it but I didn't like it, I like the default heavy sword attacks better. Am I crazy?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I purchased the Pole Arm and some upgrades for it but I didn't like it, I like the default heavy sword attacks better. Am I crazy?[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Nah, what happens (and you can't tell because the youtube upload tends to skip frames here and there) is that I did the LK version which shoots me straight down and then I start blocking as soon as I hit the ground.

Will probably post up another video later, although I finally got Rising so I've been hooked on that. Any must buy skills? I am on Case 3 (I think? The one that starts off
).

I purchased the Pole Arm and some upgrades for it but I didn't like it, I like the default heavy sword attacks better. Am I crazy?[/QUOTE]
Offensive/defensive maneuver I think its called and air parry were the only ones I used.

Not really going to post spoilers but the unique weapons you unlock aren't that good the best weapon is one you get in file 07 or fox blade if you don't care about points.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Nah, what happens (and you can't tell because the youtube upload tends to skip frames here and there) is that I did the LK version which shoots me straight down and then I start blocking as soon as I hit the ground.

).

I purchased the Pole Arm and some upgrades for it but I didn't like it, I like the default heavy sword attacks better. Am I crazy?[/QUOTE]

Maybe? I usually keep the pole arm equipped, it's fucking ridiculous in terms of range, combo boosting, and general crown control (it's damage isn't so great).

Other unique weapons, if you care about spoilers:
The sai is good, when you get it, particularly against UGs since it can act as a free EM Grenande, and allows you to pull yourself across the screen to enemies (including flying jackholes).

Bloodlust is probably the most niche of all the 3 unique weapons, as it's soooo fucking slow. But it has some super armor on the charge attacks and does great damage.

Most of the time I have one of them equipped. Usually the pole arm or the first one in the spoiler tag.

Must buy skills? I don't think there are any for the Sai... but you should definitely buy all the regular sword skills... especially if you're not using a secondary weapon... see below.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I felt the same way.[/QUOTE]

Bad! Bad! I'm going to spray you with water!!

[quote name='GUNNM']Offensive/defensive maneuver I think its called and air parry were the only ones I used.

Not really going to post spoilers but the unique weapons you unlock aren't that good the best weapon is one you get in file 07 or fox blade if you don't care about points.[/QUOTE]

(1) A lot of people don't have access to the fox blade (yo). Didn't you trade for a code here? (you got a ridiculous steal). I think uraizen told me he only got the fox blade because his was a birthday present so someone else got it for him at GS (which he normally avoids).

(2) Yes. Offensive/Defensive [dodge] is the first thing you should buy... followed by air parry [block, basically]. There's three moves I don't recall the name of, but they're worthwhile beyond a doubt and that's the stinger (f.f.Heavy), the launcher (f.f.Light) and the thunder palm (b.f.Light). Also the dive kick, but that's not quite as useful as the other 3.

The stinger lets you close distances quickly and is useful even with the sai equipped; only not useful if you have the pole arm on. The launcher is ridiculous and allows you to catch even bosses and toss them up in the air for extra combo damage (I've heard of a method for launching sundowner and pulling a DmC on him using the Sai, I plan to try it on s-rank run when I get that far). The thunder palm is useful for heavy cyborgs and some crowd control... it causes knockdown on almost all normal enemies... get them in your face, see them about to do something you can't dodge? THUNDER PALM! The dive kick isn't always diving down either, so that's a great move if you want to keep just the sword equipped (no unique arms) and need some of that sai type action for dealing with the flying things.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

(1) A lot of people don't have access to the fox blade (yo). Didn't you trade for a code here? (you got a ridiculous steal). I think uraizen told me he only got the fox blade because his was a birthday present so someone else got it for him at GS (which he normally avoids).

[/QUOTE]
I was just saying the strongest weapon in this game if you don't have fox blade is the one you get in file 07.

Fox blade is too retarded its not even fun to use it just kills every non boss in a couple of hits and yes I got extremely lucky for only $3

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Frost, you still want that PSABR code?[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- I'd love it if you're not going to use it!

Did you finish Ascension? I'm seeing decent reviews across the board, but nothing that claims it eclipses any of the previous games.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah -- I'd love it if you're not going to use it!

Did you finish Ascension? I'm seeing decent reviews across the board, but nothing that claims it eclipses any of the previous games.[/QUOTE]
Ok, I'll PM it to you at some point today. I'm probably never going to play the game.

I finished it. I liked it overall. The first half of the game I wasn't feeling it too much, but the second half is a lot better. While I don't really play GoW games for their story, at the same time I do find it kind of interesting to see what happens to Kratos. With this one, the story is as barebones as possible. Kratos is also practically a mute and a subdued Kratos is not really what I want from the franchise. The game just felt really mediocre and by the numbers. It's better than the PSP games, but definitely the worst of the console ones.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Ok, I'll PM it to you at some point today. I'm probably never going to play the game.

I finished it. I liked it overall. The first half of the game I wasn't feeling it too much, but the second half is a lot better. While I don't really play GoW games for their story, at the same time I do find it kind of interesting to see what happens to Kratos. With this one, the story is as barebones as possible. Kratos is also practically a mute and a subdued Kratos is not really what I want from the franchise. The game just felt really mediocre and by the numbers. It's better than the PSP games, but definitely the worst of the console ones.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I should just redbox it when I have some time then.

And thank you! :bouncy:

Just got the
Sai
but haven't had the chance to use it yet. Thanks for the info, Frost. Right now I have purchased the air parry, offense defense (the sidestep move), the juggle move (F,F + L), the sweep and the dive kick. I've been pumping my BP into upgrades mostly, although I did buy the
Sai
to see if I'd like it. Haven't got to try it yet.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Just got the
Sai
but haven't had the chance to use it yet. Thanks for the info, Frost. Right now I have purchased the air parry, offense defense (the sidestep move), the juggle move (F,F + L), the sweep and the dive kick. I've been pumping my BP into upgrades mostly, although I did buy the
Sai
to see if I'd like it. Haven't got to try it yet.[/QUOTE]

Even without the damage upgrade, any time there's something in the air (hammerheads, etc.) or you get something like a GRAD... you can stun lock them with that weapon. Just don't attack with Heavy for a bit and it will glow purple like an EM grenade pulse... toss it at someone with Heavy to stun them. if you don't want to pull toward them, start a combo immediately after the heavy attack with lights and you can cancel out of the pull animation so you basically stun something so you can concentrate on other enemies.

It's also very useful against it's previous owner. go figure. instead of an em grenade to stop his shenanigans, just hit him with his own weapon. done and done.

[quote name='GUNNM']Don't forget he has to charge it first which is automatic doe[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure my text covered that. :p

[quote name='corrosivefrost']you can stun lock them with that weapon. Just don't attack with Heavy for a bit and it will glow purple like an EM grenade pulse... toss it at someone with Heavy to stun them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indignate']Guys, I found Hank.

Turns out he was drunk.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty drunk from Friday evening to Sunday morning. That's just how I roll. :cool: Woke up at 6:30 AM on my friend's kitchen floor, went out for breakfast. Hardcore.

Also no amount of vodka can make Doom a good movie.

[quote name='GUNNM']Did the solid snake sword come with the VR DLC or is that a its own DLC?[/QUOTE]

It didn't come out in the US or EU at all.

I watched Walking Tall right before that, and that is a legit entertaining movie. I like it.

Doom though? Ugh.

Rundown is the best Rock movie, then Fast 5.

bread's done
Back