GGT 230 thinks J-Cart and Frost are whiny babies

[quote name='j-cart']
To be fair, Lucas Arts hasn't been a relevant developer since Republic Commando. That game was released like 8 years ago. If 1313 were to live up to its initial showcase, it would most likely be a top tier 60 million dollar single player game. Lucas Arts did not and never had the ability to pull off an Uncharted/Tomb Raider like quality of a game.

Their closure was much needed.[/QUOTE]

I do understand that money is a big factor in the closure, but in saying they haven't been Relevant since RC, wasn't Force Unleashed the best selling Star Wars game? That shows that they had some success since then at least, I know I own a large majority of their Star Wars games (good or bad, but I'm a big fan) and was able to get some enjoyment out of most of them. It's just kind of sad to see that Disney didn't want to put some of there huge amount of money into the company to see if a big AAA Star Wars game could be successful or not, they could have let it come out around the same time as Episode 7 on the next gen consoles to test it out since that probably could have given it a sales boost.

[quote name='whoknows']I'll never understand people who won't buy from a company because they're "evil" due to trying to make money.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this, those people who won't buy a game because it says a certain company (such as EA) on the box aren't really helping out, I understand that people are upset with some of the choices they make but it hurts some good developers as well who don't always get as much of a choice as to who wants to publish their game.

[quote name='whoknows']I'll never understand people who won't buy from a company because they're "evil" due to trying to make money.[/QUOTE]

I've boycotted a company and purchased games used instead of new because I didn't like their strategy, but never because they were "evil". :p

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I've boycotted a company and purchased games used instead of new because I didn't like their strategy, but never because they were "evil". :p[/QUOTE]

I never bought used due to that.

If it's cheaper or whatever I'll buy used, but not because I'm holding back money from them. If I care enough to get the game at all it shows I like what they put out so buying used for a reason like that makes no sense to me.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I've boycotted a company and purchased games used instead of new because I didn't like their strategy, but never because they were "evil". :p[/QUOTE]
How you gonna play co-op on dat dead space 3 if you don't have the super cool online pass dawg?

[quote name='whoknows']I never bought used due to that.

If it's cheaper or whatever I'll buy used, but not because I'm holding back money from them. If I care enough to get the game at all it shows I like what they put out so buying used for a reason like that makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Sense or no, it makes me feel better when I feel like a company is ripping me off to make sure they get no portion of the sale.

There's only 2 games so far that I can remember doing this for or wishing I'd done it. :rofl:
It's not a common occurrence.

[quote name='GUNNM']How you gonna play co-op on dat dead space 3 if you don't have the super cool online pass dawg?[/QUOTE]

Dude, I bought Dead Space 3 new. Gotta support Visceral.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Sense or no, it makes me feel better when I feel like a company is ripping me off to make sure they get no portion of the sale.

There's only 2 games so far that I can remember doing this for or wishing I'd done it. :rofl:
It's not a common occurrence.[/QUOTE]

As long as you know it makes no sense I can understand :p

I think 1313 and First Assault must not have impressed the new Disney bosses since they were both cancelled and not given to another 3rd-party to finish.

So, what dev studio would you like to see tackle Star Wars now?

[quote name='MoCiWe']I do understand that money is a big factor in the closure, but in saying they haven't been Relevant since RC, wasn't Force Unleashed the best selling Star Wars game? That shows that they had some success since then at least, I know I own a large majority of their Star Wars games (good or bad, but I'm a big fan) and was able to get some enjoyment out of most of them. It's just kind of sad to see that Disney didn't want to put some of there huge amount of money into the company to see if a big AAA Star Wars game could be successful or not, they could have let it come out around the same time as Episode 7 on the next gen consoles to test it out since that probably could have given it a sales boost.[/QUOTE]

Force Unleash 2 was so poorly done, that the whole development team was not "let go" but fired before the game was even released. Not to mention the last game Lucas Arts did was Star Wars Kinect. They were dying development house long before this closure.

1313 and First Assault are top tier games that would have required a very talented team to actually properly put it together. With the recent Lucas Arts history, I wouldn't even let them baby sit Joel's phantom child, highly doubt Disney would want to give them any money to complete those games.

Why make two video games with the potential to have a bad return, when you can fund another Avengers or super hero movie and at least guarantee to break even?

/edit: Give First Assault to Infinity Ward/Sledge Hammer Games. 1313 should be completed by Naughty Dog. Might as well have the leader in that genre do what they do best.

Then they should totally get Platinum Games to make a game about a female bounty hunter going through the end of the Mandalorian Wars. I just jizzed in my pants on this last idea, so much potential and room for Platinum Games to play around with this idea. Holy shit, I am totally gonna write up this idea somewhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Krymner']I think 1313 and First Assault must not have impressed the new Disney bosses since they were both cancelled and not given to another 3rd-party to finish.

So, what dev studio would you like to see tackle Star Wars now?[/QUOTE]

Ninja Theory.

A brief conversation between lead designers from Obsidian, 343, and Bioware Montreal:

pCNHczz.png

[quote name='MoCiWe']
The games gonna have too many Batman characters in it (and stages), but yeah if you liked the Teen Titans cartoon the characters from that in the game are a very different style then people may expect.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's going to have too many Batman characters. I mean, there's 5 related characters when there could be a lot, lot more. We are supposed to get Robin DLC, though.

[quote name='distgfx']I liked injustice and Batman is broken in the demo. Now all I need is some netcode impressions.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad you liked it! Bet the netcode's gonna be decent. MK9 is pretty aiight.

[quote name='Krymner']I think 1313 and First Assault must not have impressed the new Disney bosses since they were both cancelled and not given to another 3rd-party to finish.

So, what dev studio would you like to see tackle Star Wars now?[/QUOTE]
I'm brokenhearted over 1313 and First Assault being cancelled, but I can't say that I wasn't expecting it. I want Visceral to get their hands on the Star Wars IP. I think they could get something really great made.

[quote name='Luxuria']They could have been better.

So, for those who have played Soldner X-2 - is it worth buying?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Buy it, it's good shit.
[quote name='distgfx']I liked injustice and Batman is broken in the demo. Now all I need is some netcode impressions.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much.
[quote name='Indignate']I'm too lazy to quote, but 'Shut Up Hank' pretty much sums everything up.[/QUOTE]
Soccer-dive-hand.gif

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

Dude, I bought Dead Space 3 new. Gotta support Visceral.[/QUOTE]

I buy all my Capcom games new.

Gotta support Capcom.

[quote name='j-cart']SWTOR is the biggest fail with the Star Wars brand. I wish I could slap the fools that fucked up that game's launch. Besides what it was initially, it is has shaped up into a great game. The future looks bright too, just needs more people to get past the whole evil EA thing, there is a quality game underneath it all.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcod8IS214

swtor is a sexist game with gay planets

[quote name='whoknows']I buy all my Capcom games new.

Gotta support Capcom.[/QUOTE]

But... you hate Capcom (fighters)...

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']truegamers gotta eat bro[/QUOTE]

FatLee indeed.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm down.[/QUOTE]

As I said earlier, on AIM with Hank, there should be some UMvC3 or Darkstalkers (or even MK9). ;)

(03:59:14 PM) corrosivefrost: one of these nights we should marvel or darkstalkers
(03:59:31 PM) HankmeDewme: We should.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']playin NG3: RE with the badass demon costume for Ryu. Dual Katanas baby! Who gonna co-op wit me yo[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, Dragon Claw & Tiger Fang...
Ask GUNNM. I'm sure he will play if he can be Ayame.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i guess nobody is counting empire at war after republic commando?
they didn't develop it I guess
but im sure it was their idea[/QUOTE]

An RTS with star wars? What a novel concept!

Was there an easter/spring Steam sale this year?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']As I said earlier, on AIM with Hank, there should be some UMvC3 or Darkstalkers (or even MK9). ;)

(03:59:14 PM) corrosivefrost: one of these nights we should marvel or darkstalkers
(03:59:31 PM) HankmeDewme: We should.[/QUOTE]
I'm down for UMvC3. Haven't played that in a long time.

bread's done
Back