GGT 230 thinks J-Cart and Frost are whiny babies

Which one of those answers is for the new TMNT game?

I've never seen hayley with pink hair she looks so kawaii =^___^=

Whichever you'd like it to be.

Though after watching that trailer, I personally would go with "sure."

Or no. Whatevs.

[quote name='j-cart']Ahhhh yea... More people getting let go.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/02/layoffs-square-enix-los-angeles/

Not the mention that SE LA literally, literally does like who knows what lol.

/edit: Oh man, it just gets even better!

http://kotaku.com/activision-lays-off-high-moon-studios-deadpool-team-466330803[/QUOTE]

Sucks to hear that. I really enjoyed High Moon's Transformer games.

Injustice: Gods Among us demo is okay. I'll probably pick it up if the netcode turns out to be good.

I've been so Eh on Haley and Paramore in general ever since Brand New Eyes. Not that it was a bad album, just their whole 'reputation' I guess, is pretty eh. Also she had nudes.

The shooting in Sleeping Dogs is kind of boring. Vault, Slow Motion, Kill Everything.

On Topic.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']u actually listen to Paramore?[/QUOTE]

Not on a regular basis, but if they come up in a random play, I tend to not skip them every time.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']about to (finally) cop dat Retro City Rampage[/QUOTE]

Steam version or vita one is are the best ones. Xbox don't got that new update Rom City Rampage

Reading the first comment of that video I like dat guy and I had no idea they released a new cd. I'm going to have to ''buy'' it

[quote name='Luxuria']Thank you, Sensei.

So which of the Pixeljunk games is worth buying? Feel like just buying PSN games. ~_o[/QUOTE]

Pixeljunk Shooter 2
Pixeljunk Sidescroller

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't have any fighters on 360 aside from MvC2 (which I don't have downloaded right now). Everything I've got is on PS3. :/[/QUOTE]

cant play anything on ps3 now, downloading a patch for Defiance. :/

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Steam version or vita one is are the best ones. Xbox don't got that new update Rom City Rampage[/QUOTE]

This is oxymoronic.
I don't think this game can have a "best" version.
Even the campy retro references can't save it.

[quote name='Luxuria']Thank you, Sensei.

So which of the Pixeljunk games is worth buying? Feel like just buying PSN games. ~_o[/QUOTE]

Sidescroller is the only one I truly like.

I only like the Shooter games in the PixelJunk series. Sidescroller was okay, but man, that game just feels lazily put together at some points. It's like they just took Shooter and turned it on its side. Most of the enemies are the same from Shooter and since you can't rotate your ship to shoot directly at them it makes some enemies a total fucking pain. The secret end boss is pretty fun to fight, though.

Here's my experience with Defiance so far, watched the opening cutscene and went to create my guy and then I get booted to the main menu, servers are down for maintenance -_-

[quote name='whoknows']I played the one where you're going underground.

Was fun but I forget which one it was.[/QUOTE]
Either Shooter 1 or 2.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Here's my experience with Defiance so far, watched the opening cutscene and went to create my guy and then I get booted to the main menu, servers are down for maintenance -_-[/QUOTE]
Never buy an MMO the first week it's out. Biggest mistake I made with DCUO.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I only like the Shooter games in the PixelJunk series. Sidescroller was okay, but man, that game just feels lazily put together at some points. It's like they just took Shooter and turned it on its side. Most of the enemies are the same from Shooter and since you can't rotate your ship to shoot directly at them it makes some enemies a total fucking pain. The secret end boss is pretty fun to fight, though.[/QUOTE]

I think your age is showing, Joel. Or mine is. :cool:
I liked games like Gradius and Life Force. This is like those games, but a little more basic. It's a lot of fun for how simple it is. Things are supposed to be hard in shmups. ;)

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Here's my experience with Defiance so far, watched the opening cutscene and went to create my guy and then I get booted to the main menu, servers are down for maintenance -_-[/QUOTE]

Mistake 1: Playing Defiance.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Either Shooter 1 or 2.

Never buy an MMO.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you. :)

[quote name='GUNNM']Buy dark souls for $15 at amazon dawg[/QUOTE]

Sorry I like games that are actually fun and aren't putting me in danger of a heart attack. :)

[quote name='icebeast']I got KoA on PC through Origin for $15 at some point a while ago (I think it was that price or cheaper during the last Origin sale (where I got DA2 for $6)); game isn't really worth even $15 in my opinion though unless you want to play a fairly easy game with tons and tons of pointless MMO style quests.[/QUOTE]

Yeah PC is always a different animal on price than console. We'll agree to disagree as that was one of my favorite games of 2012, easily in my top 10. I gave it best graphic design of the year on my podcast.

After playing Defiance for a good chunk of time with my friends earlier I finally got around to trying Injustice, I'm having a lot of fun with the demo so far. Out of the characters in the demo I think I'm liking Lex the most but they all seem good.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
Never buy an MMO the first week it's out. Biggest mistake I made with DCUO.[/QUOTE]

If you play in the later hours like I tend to it's usually not that bad, I love MMOs though and have done many different launches in the past, Defiances is actually pretty good compared to some of the others.

I didn't have a single problem getting on when I played, there were a few glitches here and there but nothing groundbreaking that ruined the experience for me. I enjoyed what I played in the beta and from what I've seen so far it seems like there's a lot of small changes they made that help make the game that much better.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think your age is showing, Joel. Or mine is. :cool:
I liked games like Gradius and Life Force. This is like those games, but a little more basic. It's a lot of fun for how simple it is. Things are supposed to be hard in shmups. ;)
[/QUOTE]
I like Gradius (and most shmups), just really didn't like Sidescroller for how copy and paste it was. I'm fine with the game being difficult, but pretty much all of those enemies from Shooter have their EXACT same attacks and after you've played two other games where you're destroying these enemies pretty easily and feeling that the gameplay is tailored to how you fight them it's pretty jarring to move to Sidescroller where the gameplay doesn't really fit some of the enemies. I still can't decide if using the same enemies was them being lazy or actually making a good choice because it presents such a challenge.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I like Gradius (and most shmups), just really didn't like Sidescroller for how copy and paste it was. I'm fine with the game being difficult, but pretty much all of those enemies from Shooter have their EXACT same attacks and after you've played two other games where you're destroying these enemies pretty easily and feeling that the gameplay is tailored to how you fight them it's pretty jarring to move to Sidescroller where the gameplay doesn't really fit some of the enemies. I still can't decide if using the same enemies was them being lazy or actually making a good choice because it presents such a challenge.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

[quote name='MoCiWe']After playing Defiance for a good chunk of time with my friends earlier I finally got around to trying Injustice, I'm having a lot of fun with the demo so far. Out of the characters in the demo I think I'm liking Lex the most but they all seem good.[/QUOTE]

Did not like the demo at all, personally.
Played through as Batman... wanted to quit and delete it after the first fight, but stuck with it through all 4 fights somehow in an effort to give it a fair shake. The extra 3 battles didn't make me like it anymore, although there are a few things they did that I thought were good. After beating Doomsday, I immediately quit to XMB and deleted it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Played through as Batman... wanted to quit and delete it after the first fight, but stuck with it through all 4 fights somehow in an effort to give it a fair shake. The extra 3 battles didn't make me like it anymore, although there are a few things they did that I thought were good. After beating Doomsday, I immediately quit to XMB and deleted it.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that I kept getting messed up on was what the B button did (so O on PS3), I kept using it to attack and would just use shields/stance switches, can't change the controls in the demo either so I couldn't get a good setup for my fight stick. At least you gave the demo a shot, that's what they are good for, now you know not to get it at launch if you didn't like it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Dynasty Warriors 8 release date announced![/QUOTE]

Nice, just looked it up, it sucked that 7 Xtreme never came out on 360 but at least they announced this one will again, I love that series.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Played through as Batman... wanted to quit and delete it after the first fight, but stuck with it through all 4 fights somehow in an effort to give it a fair shake. The extra 3 battles didn't make me like it anymore, although there are a few things they did that I thought were good. After beating Doomsday, I immediately quit to XMB and deleted it.[/QUOTE]
Aww! Oh well, it's not for everyone, I suppose.

[quote name='MoCiWe']The only thing that I kept getting messed up on was what the B button did (so O on PS3), I kept using it to attack and would just use shields/stance switches, can't change the controls in the demo either so I couldn't get a good setup for my fight stick. At least you gave the demo a shot, that's what they are good for, now you know not to get it at launch if you didn't like it. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured after whoknows tried it and kept telling me to try it and uraizen said he had positive impressions about it, I'd give it a shot... it's definitely not for me though.

I feel kind of like whoknows thought he would feel. Maybe if they hadn't made MK9 and used that engine as a base? I don't know. But I had a long list of negatives and a very very short list of positives.

Maybe I could overlook more of my complaints if I were a DC comic fan. I don't think it's a bad fighter, per se, just ... it doesn't live up to the bar MK9 set for me when dealing with Netherrealm fighters. Even as a huge Batman guy, I didn't like him in this game... the Arkham games definitely do more for me in the realm of being a huge fan of the IP.

Granted, I didn't even bother with Wonder Woman or Lex Luthor, but based on what they seemed like as opponents and my dislike of the characters in general, I didn't think they warranted a try... and I don't think that actually trying them would change my opinion on the demo/game, as most of my problems had to do with gameplay feel.

I'm sure being a big comic/DC fan does help out as well, whenever I get the chance to play a game as the Flash that's always fun in my eyes, but to me the game play is good as well. But comparing it to MK9 is definitely fair and I can see why you wouldn't like this based off of that game.

I actually enjoyed the demo and found very few negatives with Injustice so far. I really like using Lex "Bruce Willis" Luthor. He's slow and a purely defensive character, but I found some nifty combos with him. I also absolutely love the stage dynamics and transitions. Awesome stuff. The button layout (played on the 360) does a bit of getting used too, but I found it to be enjoyable.

As for Batman and Wonder Woman, they're OK. I found Batman to be kinda generic as compared Lex and WW, but that is to be expected since that is kinda who Batman is as a fighter. My only real complaint about the demo is a lack of training mode. Can't wait for the game to launch.

Also, Lex Luthor's victory scene is pretty fucking awesome.

[quote name='Luxuria']So which of the Pixeljunk games is worth buying? Feel like just buying PSN games. ~_o[/QUOTE]

I liked Eden a lot.

Also, Luxuria I'm SO excited about the Sejauni rework for LoL, her armor fits so much better with where she's from now, and they finally reworked her so she actually has abilities that make her seem like a tank. I don't like Bristle as much now though, I think his less serious design was coller. I'm really looking forward to when they release her redesign.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah PC is always a different animal on price than console. We'll agree to disagree as that was one of my favorite games of 2012, easily in my top 10. I gave it best graphic design of the year on my podcast.[/QUOTE]

Graphically I didn't have any issues with the game, it was certainly pretty, and the armor and weapons looked cool. It's just the gameplay which was lacking, since combat was just alright but not particularly challenging or engaging (maybe it was just the weapon I was using since with the chakrams you basically just kited all day while spamming the attack button to kill everything, occasionally I'd screw with my mage skills, but I really didn't have to), and it felt like the game was padded the entire way through with hundreds of banal quests. But like you say to each their own.

--

I downloaded the Injustice demo last night but haven't given it a try yet, might play through it tonight with Wonder Woman and see what I think.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I'm sure being a big comic/DC fan does help out as well, whenever I get the chance to play a game as the Flash that's always fun in my eyes, but to me the game play is good as well. But comparing it to MK9 is definitely fair and I can see why you wouldn't like this based off of that game.[/QUOTE]

I like a lot of Marvel characters, but the DC characters, save the Batman personas don't really work for me... I did like Teen Titans (the cartoon), but that doesn't really translate to this kind of game as a benefit.

[quote name='GhostShark']I actually enjoyed the demo and found very few negatives with Injustice so far. I really like using Lex "Bruce Willis" Luthor. He's slow and a purely defensive character, but I found some nifty combos with him. I also absolutely love the stage dynamics and transitions. Awesome stuff. The button layout (played on the 360) does a bit of getting used too, but I found it to be enjoyable.

As for Batman and Wonder Woman, they're OK. I found Batman to be kinda generic as compared Lex and WW, but that is to be expected since that is kinda who Batman is as a fighter. My only real complaint about the demo is a lack of training mode. Can't wait for the game to launch.

Also, Lex Luthor's victory scene is pretty fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

I did like how the stages had 2 parts and you could start on either of them for variety... it sort of doubles the stages in a way. However, I hate transitions and the "interactive" stuff as well as the clash betting thing. It's just gimmicky to me and reminds me of the freefall type stuff in MKvDC or something. Plus there's a bunch of little nits I have based on stage design and super choices and lack of improvements to the engine. They're nothing game breaking, just annoyances.

The addition of cross ups is nice though.
And the frame data in the moves list is good.
There's a bunch of nice touches, but I just didn't like the core gameplay enough to be interested in it. It might be cool to watch on a stream or something once people start putting together combos to see what the engine is capable of.

I just knew Disney would eventually close LucasArts. I hate when I'm right. The last game they released that I really liked was Gladius. IMHO, they totally failed this gen. They should have taken my advice and done a new X-wing vs Tie Fighter. Well, now someone else can try doing a non-Lego Star Wars game, and hopefully won't suck.

J-cart will come in singing the praises of TOR in 5.....4......3.....2......

Just saw that on here in another thread, that's just the worst. Not only is an awesome studio gone but two games I was really looking forward to are as well :/ That just really sucks and if Disney doesn't want to go with big budget games for the Star Wars franchise I'm afraid to see what they will release.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I like a lot of Marvel characters, but the DC characters, save the Batman personas don't really work for me... I did like Teen Titans (the cartoon), but that doesn't really translate to this kind of game as a benefit.
[/QUOTE]

The games gonna have too many Batman characters in it (and stages), but yeah if you liked the Teen Titans cartoon the characters from that in the game are a very different style then people may expect.

[quote name='icebeast']I liked Eden a lot.

Graphically I didn't have any issues with the game, it was certainly pretty, and the armor and weapons looked cool. It's just the gameplay which was lacking, since combat was just alright but not particularly challenging or engaging (maybe it was just the weapon I was using since with the chakrams you basically just kited all day while spamming the attack button to kill everything, occasionally I'd screw with my mage skills, but I really didn't have to), and it felt like the game was padded the entire way through with hundreds of banal quests. But like you say to each their own.

--

I downloaded the Injustice demo last night but haven't given it a try yet, might play through it tonight with Wonder Woman and see what I think.[/QUOTE]

Eden was kind of cool... not totally my cup of tea, but solid.
I loved the KoA demo... can't wait to try it on PC once I get mine built later this year.
Hopefully you'll like Wonder Woman even though she looks like a mongoloid in the demo. Apparently 2 more years of working in that engine hasn't helped them when it comes to modeling women's faces. :lol:

[quote name='Krymner']I just knew Disney would eventually close LucasArts. I hate when I'm right. The last game they released that I really liked was Gladius. IMHO, they totally failed this gen. They should have taken my advice and done a new X-wing vs Tie Fighter. Well, now someone else can try doing a non-Lego Star Wars game, and hopefully won't suck.

J-cart will come in singing the praises of TOR in 5.....4......3.....2......[/QUOTE]

SWTOR is the biggest fail with the Star Wars brand. I wish I could slap the fools that fucked up that game's launch. Besides what it was initially, it is has shaped up into a great game. The future looks bright too, just needs more people to get past the whole evil EA thing, there is a quality game underneath it all.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Just saw that on here in another thread, that's just the worst. Not only is an awesome studio gone but two games I was really looking forward to are as well :/ That just really sucks and if Disney doesn't want to go with big budget games for the Star Wars franchise I'm afraid to see what they will release.
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Lucas Arts hasn't been a relevant developer since Republic Commando. That game was released like 8 years ago. If 1313 were to live up to its initial showcase, it would most likely be a top tier 60 million dollar single player game. Lucas Arts did not and never had the ability to pull off an Uncharted/Tomb Raider like quality of a game.

Their closure was much needed.

[quote name='j-cart']SWTOR is the biggest fail with the Star Wars brand. I wish I could slap the fools that fucked up that game's launch. Besides what it was initially, it is has shaped up into a great game. The future looks bright too, just needs more people to get past the whole evil EA thing, there is a quality game underneath it all.[/QUOTE]

I'll never understand people who won't buy from a company because they're "evil" due to trying to make money.

bread's done
Back