GGT 232 Gets Drunk All Weekend and Doesn't Bother to Post in Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of things to say to you guys regarding what's been said in this thread, but this is the most important...

[quote name='j-cart']Friday Conflict: Metric, Japandroids and Alt-J. [/QUOTE]

See Metric, moron.

[quote name='Indignate'] See Metric, moron.[/QUOTE]

That's four votes for Metric (GUNNM counts as two).

GUNNM, we should play Metal Gear Online.

Oh wait.

._.

We missed out on it.

We suck.

MGS.

K.

it's just personal taste, lol. i don't get those cheesy 2 inch wide eye-mask covers, i don't get the spandex, i don't get the horrible eye for color design or the need to dress up that way in the first place. yeah it's symbolic, batman is afraid of bats and shit, faced his fear, fights crime dressed as a bat. i get why people dig it, but whenever that dude comes on screen i just want to leave the theater because he looks ridiculous. the city's ridiculous, the cops are retarded, it's all just outrageous to me because it somehow takes itself seriously.

i havent read comic books but i'd be willing to bet that they come across a lot better in stylized panels than they are in all of this hollywood and videogame bullshit that's been going on. because all that one liner dialogue is the fucking worst when you use it outside of drawings, and all the costumes are complete cheese. it works for stuff like MvC, but for narrative driven games/movies i just don't understand how anyone can take it seriously. dude wears royal blue clashed with bright red boots and cape, has a giant 'S' on chest, and they're making a dark movie about his origins? wut

and these hero concepts are just products of kids' brainstorming during recess. like oh shit, what if he could shoot lasers out his eyes! dayyyum, what about this? -- CLAWS GROW OUT OF HIS KNUCKLES!! Wait, backstory! We need backstory...well he's a geek of course, and gets picked on! yeah, but one day a mutant spider bites him and now he becomes strong and attractive, jizzes webs from his wrists, beats up bullies and gets the girl! "with great power comes great responsibility" wahh, deep development!

self-serving nerd fantasy bullshit, the kind that any kid could come up with in his sleep, but happened to be drawn by very talented artists.

this is all very ignorant and unfair of me to say, and i'll eat my balls for saying it, but that's just a prejudice i have. i don't get that shit at all. on my list of "things i need to accept and undertand," superheroes are down there with the My Little Pony tv show.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']DC does have more universes, but they still handle it better. Granted after New 52 I'm still not sure how many survived.

I think Jimbo was referring more to your comment about respect. While it's easy to not consider Superman anything special today, without him there wouldn't be superheroes.[/QUOTE]

I think DC does better self contained alternate universe stories. Basically the entire elseworlds brand.
[quote name='MSUHitman']Boob window is gone from New 52 outfit.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's coming back (World's Finest #12)

MMAR130188.JPG

[quote name='Luxuria']That's four votes for Metric (GUNNM counts as two).

GUNNM, we should play Metal Gear Online.

Oh wait.

._.

We missed out on it.

We suck.

MGS.

K.[/QUOTE]J-cart should go see An-j or whatever the fuck they're called to embrace that hispter vibe at cochella and go against what the norm dictates what he should do .

I heard it was a pretty active game online too. Its a shame we never got to play MGO together dawg

btw not a fan of the new paramore album not that many rock songs its mostly lovey dovey shit or songs about how you need to be strong or something

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Gotta ask, which publisher is worse with the alternates? DC or Marvel? Which one has more drastic differences between the alternate realities/timelines?[/QUOTE]

Went to sleep for a bit before I saw this, looks like everyone basically covered it in the same way I would have though.

[quote name='j-cart']
Friday Conflict: Metric, Japandroids and Alt-J.
[/QUOTE]

I also vote for Metric on this day, granted....looking over the setlist I really don't know a majority of these bands, I'm probably going to this myself though: http://www.rockusaoshkosh.com/

[quote name='panzerfaust']
this is all very ignorant and unfair of me to say, and i'll eat my balls for saying it, but that's just a prejudice i have. i don't get that shit at all. on my list of "things i need to accept and undertand," superheroes are down there with the My Little Pony tv show.[/QUOTE]

I read through what you all said and personally while I love super hero stuff I got nothing against seeing why someone doesn't like it, but seeing it next to MLP does make me kinda sad :(

[quote name='Indignate']Did you add me on PSN yet?[/QUOTE]
No I sent my PS3 back today found one cheaper at AWD and re-ordered that GOW 3 PS3 so I'll add you tomorrow when I get it.

Well worth playing both of them for that price. The former has absolutely no replay value whatsoever. It's fun though. Super Mario 64, however, is tons of fun.

The multiplayer, although simplistic, was pretty fun, too. ^_^

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah I'm pretty happy with mario 64. I get to play as the best character in the mario world -- Waluigi.[/QUOTE]

No you don't.

Those are some good pickups GUNNM, saw you on there earlier when you bought them. There's been a lot of good stuff coming up at good prices in the Amazon Warehouse, I've been eyeing a couple of things myself.

I tend to buy more new stuff myself, but when it comes to older games Amazon usually has games that come in good enough condition if you get them used.

You guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys. I need to interview 5 people about their stance on gay marriage and their reasoning behind said stance.

Help me.

[quote name='Indignate']You guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys. I need to interview 5 people about their stance on gay marriage and their reasoning behind said stance.

Help me.[/QUOTE]
Straight people already ruined marriage why do gay people want such a ruined sanctity? Why didn't they invent their own little thing?

[quote name='GUNNM']is sanctity the right word? I wish crotch was here to help me with those big american words[/QUOTE]
Think you're looking for "institution".

[quote name='The Crotch']Think you're looking for "institution".[/QUOTE]
ah thanks
[quote name='Indignate']Play roulette for items. Level up items. Mod items.[/QUOTE]
If you don't play the game why do you need good items

Loved SM64 on the N64.
Did not care for it on the DS.
And Phantom Hourglass? If I could go back in time, I'd tell myself to save time and go play a game that I'd enjoy. That might have been the last Zelda game I'll ever play, sadly. :(

OoT on the 3ds is great.

Twilight princess is the only game I ever bought for the wii and last time I turned it on is when I beat it.

[quote name='Indignate']You guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys. I need to interview 5 people about their stance on gay marriage and their reasoning behind said stance.

Help me.[/QUOTE]

Gay marriage is gay.

[quote name='Indignate']I like to get on Happy Wars for my daily free coins but not to ever actually play the game.

zillafell-detail_25701_cached_thumb_-928107ac47da4bc345a3edd84ac43cf3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I always thought that looked like Godzilla anywaaays.

Those of you with Vitas, what do you consider to be the must have games for it?

Those of you with Wii U's same question?

The lady friend is really pushing to get me something notable for my birthday this year. The only two games for Wii U that really jump out to me now are New Super Mario Bros and the Lego game. For Vita, I'm even more at a loss (Gravity Rush? Sly? Wipeout?).

Just maxed Sleeping Dogs (original game only), had a lot of fun with it. Time to start up Nightmare in North Point!

[quote name='BlueScrote']Those of you with Vitas, what do you consider to be the must have games for it?

Those of you with Wii U's same question?

The lady friend is really pushing to get me something notable for my birthday this year. The only two games for Wii U that really jump out to me now are New Super Mario Bros and the Lego game. For Vita, I'm even more at a loss (Gravity Rush? Sly? Wipeout?).[/QUOTE]

Wii U only here, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is easily my favorite game on the system. Mario and Lego City are both great as well, along with Zombi U. NintendoLand is a really fun game for local multi so if she'd play that with you that's a plus, since it has a lot of easier fun little mini games in it. Scribblenauts is a short game but those are usually pretty enjoyable as well, plus the Wii U version has some exclusive stuff in it (2 player mode and Nintendo characters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back