GGT 232 Gets Drunk All Weekend and Doesn't Bother to Post in Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueScrote']Those of you with Vitas, what do you consider to be the must have games for it? [/QUOTE]

Persona 4 Golden.
Troy Baker.
Persona 4 Golden.
Laura Bailey.
Persona 4 Golden

Edit: What Hank said works as well. You get Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Wipeout, and a few other games with it.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Just maxed Sleeping Dogs (original game only), had a lot of fun with it. Time to start up Nightmare in North Point!

Wii U only here, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is easily my favorite game on the system. Mario and Lego City are both great as well, along with Zombi U. NintendoLand is a really fun game for local multi so if she'd play that with you that's a plus, since it has a lot of easier fun little mini games in it. Scribblenauts is a short game but those are usually pretty enjoyable as well, plus the Wii U version has some exclusive stuff in it (2 player mode and Nintendo characters).[/QUOTE]

Vita is awesome for fighters on the go and as a pocket PSone if you've got the digital library to back it up.

As far as newer titles go, my recommendations are pretty much just my libraries.

Vita:
LittleBigPlanet
MGSHD Collection
Mortal Kombat
Ragnarok Odyssey
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Persona 4 Golden
Gravity Rush
PS Allstars
Stranger's Wrath HD
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Any fighters on the list are the same thing as their sources. So far they're all just great ports that I enjoy having access to.

Far as the Wii U goes, my list stops at:

New Super Mario Bros 2
ZombiU
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

My Wii U was bought as more of an anticipation. I know there will be games that I want coming out for it. As for what you'll be spending vs. what you can play today, I agree that the Vita is currently the better purchase.

Didn't mean to quote Mo, but I'm on my tablet and too lazy to fix it.

[quote name='Indignate']By that logic you should just ditch the Vita and play XIII-2 & Catherine.

No. Seriously. Do that.[/QUOTE]

But Persona 4 > Catherine.

Though Catherine is a fucking amazing game, so play it if you haven't done so!

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Vita is awesome for fighters on the go and as a pocket PSone if you've got the digital library to back it up.

As far as newer titles go, my recommendations are pretty much just my libraries.

Vita:
LittleBigPlanet
MGSHD Collection
Mortal Kombat
Ragnarok Odyssey
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Persona 4 Golden
Gravity Rush
PS Allstars
Stranger's Wrath HD
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Any fighters on the list are the same thing as their sources. So far they're all just great ports that I enjoy having access to. [/QUOTE]

This. Soul Sacrifice is being released later this month, which got great reviews in Japan.

[quote name='Luxuria']But Persona 4 > Catherine.

Though Catherine is a fucking amazing game, so play it if you haven't done so!

This. Soul Sacrifice is also being released later this month, which got great reviews in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both counts. Catherine is great, and I really really wish it had a Vita counterpart. SS looks sick. I'll prolly grab the upoming Muramasa too just for DAT ART.

[quote name='Luxuria']Persona 4 Golden.
Troy Baker.
Persona 4 Golden.
Laura Bailey.
Persona 4 Golden

Edit: What Hank said works as well. You get Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Wipeout, and a few other games with it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ActionKazimer']
Didn't mean to quote Mo, but I'm on my tablet and too lazy to fix it.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I was thinking what does that have to do with what I said? But yeah, I agree with the rest of what you said in that the Wii U will definitely be getting some big hitters on it eventually but the library isn't exactly huge right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosivefrost
No -- the "character", and I use that term loosely, doesn't deserve my respect. He's basically the result of taking a group of 8 year old boys, throwing them in a room with a pile of sugar and then asking them "if you had super hero powers, what would they be?" and getting about every result imaginable. (I know he wasn't created like this, but he might have well as been).

Right, but his creation was before almost every other superhero existed, so it was actually really fresh and novel at the time. The only reason he's perceived that way now is because so many other characters have come out that are rip-offs of him.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm not following how Superman clones (Supergirl, Superboy, etc?) change the perception of Superman to be overpowered with almost no weaknesses?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say anything about those characters, I mean all superheroes. The reason we think of flying, super strength, super speed and the ability to fire projectiles as stereotypical or generic powers is because Superman was the first.

He is THE superhero.

[quote name='Indignate']You guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys. I need to interview 5 people about their stance on gay marriage and their reasoning behind said stance.

Help me.[/QUOTE]

Shoot me a PM or text, I'd be happy to help.

[quote name='whoknows']Are you looking for only Vita exclusive games or just Vita games worth playing in general?

Vita >>>> Wii U

IMO anyway.[/QUOTE]

Either, really.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']If you have a Vita, just get PS+. Then you'll have like, half the library for free.[/QUOTE]

I already have PS+ with those "purchased" since I figure at some point I will get a Vita.

Started Rayman Origins. Controls are taking a bit getting used to. The "talking" noises are really annoying.

[quote name='Indignate']By that logic you should just ditch the Vita and play XIII-2 & Catherine.

No. Seriously. Do that.[/QUOTE]
is catherine difficult? from the gameplay i saw on youtube it looks like a puzzle game.

[quote name='YBX87']is catherine difficult? from the gameplay i saw on youtube it looks like a puzzle game.[/QUOTE]
It can be difficult and yes it's a puzzle game.

If you want it for the story you'll be disappointed. It's like 80% block puzzles which I found disappointing.

[quote name='YBX87']is catherine difficult? from the gameplay i saw on youtube it looks like a puzzle game.[/QUOTE]

It's got some rough spots on normal, but nothing that had me tossing controllers or anything. I understand that hard lives up to the title though.

[quote name='GUNNM']You're willing to do anything for laura bailey. Even play a crappy game like catherine[/QUOTE]

Take it back, please.

[quote name='Indignate']Laura Bailey is in Defiance. [/QUOTE]

Don't lie to me.

i am debating on picking up resistance 2 from the gamestop used-game clearance sale, is it good? the gameplay looks pretty crappy from the youtube videos. also does it have the same silly install bug like resistance 3?

[quote name='distgfx']Yo, Jimbo, when you get Injustice give me some gameplay and netcode impressions. Preferably netcode impressions.[/QUOTE]
I could do that tooooo :cry:

[quote name='YBX87']i am debating on picking up resistance 2 from the gamestop used-game clearance sale, is it good? the gameplay looks pretty crappy from the youtube videos. also does it have the same silly install bug like resistance 3?[/QUOTE]
I hear it's okay. I think it's easily worth the price and no install bug that I'm aware of. Haven't booted it up yet, though.

[quote name='panzerfaust']shooters don't get much more unappealing than a Resistance game. or was it Killzone. i haven't heard good things about either.[/QUOTE]
Killzone 3 is pretty boss. Very enjoyable campaign. Played some Resistance 1 awhile back, but did not enjoy very much. Going to give it a second try after liking Rayman, though. Frosty likes them, I think.

[quote name='distgfx']Yo, Jimbo, when you get Injustice give me some gameplay and netcode impressions. Preferably netcode impressions.[/QUOTE]

Mu-12.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I could do that tooooo :cry:[/QUOTE]

I like having multiple opinions. That and Jimbo's impressions of netcode are usually similar to my own.
KoFXIII

[quote name='Luxuria']Mu-12.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Those of you with Vitas, what do you consider to be the must have games for it?
[/QUOTE]

Vita propaganda:

Hmmm, I'll keep it to exclusives in the first list (these I've played):
Gravity Rush
Uncharted
WipEout 2048 (which if you have the PS3 WipEout HD+Fury gets you an insane amount of DLC)
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Dokuro (PSN)
Unit 13
Super Stardust Delta (PSN)
Lumines
escapeVektor (PSN)
Touch My Katamari (nothing ground breaking, but it's fun and it's Katamari on the go... neat tricks incorporated via trouch screen for squishing the ball in various ways)
Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (free! Plays like Bejewled, sorta.)

Part of why I like the system though is because it offers quality ports of PS3 titles I like and I can play them without needing a TV. Here's a list of other games with notes:

Mutant Blobs Attack (on Steam, but intended for Vita originally. Phenomenal.)
Rayman: Origins (console perfect, pretty much)
Sound Shapes (cross-buy on PS3, but developed for Vita originally; interesting music driven platformer... not a must buy for everyone, but it's worth if it you find it on sale)
Blazblue:CS2Ex (pretty much console perfect)
UMvC3 (again, 60fps, pretty much console perfect)
MK9 (gameplay is console perfect, all kontent, extra challenge tower with Vita gimmicks, character models and textures took a hit)
Sine Mora (pretty much the silky 60fps of the consoles/Steam; awesome game, great to have it portable)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ (it's okay if you're the kind of person who can deal with 30fps action games... some off-putting design choices regarding bow aiming, but a solid fix for action games on the go if you can handle the lower fps)
Zen Pinball 2 (cross-buy, solid arcade-y pinball title with lots of tables to choose from)
Urban Trial Freestyle (pretty competent Trials game on the go)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (pretty much same as the PSN/Steam/XBLA but portable)
Sony Smash (if you own the game, it's pretty much the same thing and you already own it via cross-buy)
Motorstorm RC (if you liked the old Off-Road games, this is great, cross-buy with PS3)
Guacamelee! (phenomenal Metroidvania brawler -- I've put like 13 hours into it over the past two days and can't put it down. Cross buy with PS3)
Metal Gear Solid HD (transfarring if you own them on PS3 they play and look amazing)

Honorable mentions that aren't exactly "my" recommendations:
Hot Shots Golf (if you like the game, it's supposed to be wonderful)
P4G (the definitive version of Persona 4)
DoA5+ (if you like DoA5, it's supposed to be good)

Add in a bunch of PSP titles you can buy off PSN and PSOne games on the go.
Also, apparently Sony is making it an Indie machine, so it's getting a fuck ton of the indie games you'd see on Steam or something like that. There's a bunch on it with a bunch more coming. Nun Attack, Jetpack Joyride, Plants vs. Zombies, etc. Coming soon: Terraria, Frozen Synapse, Binding of Isaac remake, and a bunch of other shit I'm forgetting.

Another thing worth noting is that if you ever plan to pick up a PS4, all native games to PS4 are supposed to have remote play on this thing, making it like a WiiU gamepad for the PS4. Anything that's doesn't require Move or whatever, at least.

Also, if you have a PS+ sub, you get another 1gb of cloud storage for your Vita, auto-uploads, and of course, the IGC for Vita in addition to what you're already getting for PS3. Someone else already mentioned it, I think, but it's currently Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Tekken 6 PSP, Disgaea 3 Vita, and something else (or two) that I'm forgetting.

You got it dude.

Also, anyone care to offer up some DS game suggestions (regular, not 3DS). Busted mine out of a drawer after about 4 years of not seeing the light of day.

I've played the Castlevanias and Mario Kart, and a few other games here and there, but would love some suggestions.

[quote name='panzerfaust']shooters don't get much more unappealing than a Resistance game. or was it Killzone. i haven't heard good things about either.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the person.

I've played Killzone 2 and 3 as well as Resistance 1-3 and Burning Skies on Vita.

The multi in Resistance 1-2 was competent. The multi in the two Killzone games was fantastic.

The campaigns in all of them leave something to be desired, but I actually really liked Resistance. First game I bought with my PS3 and I played the Hell out of it... platinum'ed it probably, if that were a thing, but I didn't do it for the trophies. I did it cause I liked it since trophies weren't even invented yet.

I'd rank every single one of these games above the games I've played from the Halo series (Halo 3, Halo: Reach) and I'd rather play anyone of them over a Halo game.

[quote name='YBX87']i am debating on picking up resistance 2 from the gamestop used-game clearance sale, is it good? the gameplay looks pretty crappy from the youtube videos. also does it have the same silly install bug like resistance 3?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up... September 2011? When GS had it for like $7 bucks. The campaign was average but probably the worst in the series... it's really janky and buggy. But where Resistance 2 shines is the multiplayer co-op. That mode was really fun. I had no problem playing the game enough that I ended up with all the co-op achievements in addition to the single player achievements. By this time, I had lost all desire to play TDM of any sort in shooters, so I skipped that mode entirely. I'm not sure how active the co-op is on that game these days, but considering it was a couple years old by the time I played it and I had no real problems finding a game -- it may still be kicking.

[quote name='Indignate'] [/QUOTE]

Okay, it sounds like her. It can be someone else doe.

Litchi is cool and all but naw, dawg.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Vita propaganda:

Gravity Rush
Uncharted
WipEout 2048 (which if you have the PS3 WipEout HD+Fury gets you an insane amount of DLC)
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Dokuro (PSN)
Unit 13
Lumines
escapeVektor (PSN)
Touch My Katamari (nothing ground breaking, but it's fun and it's Katamari on the go... neat tricks incorporated via trouch screen for squishing the ball in various ways)

Part of why I like the system though is because it offers quality ports of PS3 titles I like and I can play them without needing a TV. Here's a list of other games with notes:

Sound Shapes (cross-buy on PS3, but developed for Vita originally; interesting music driven platformer... not a must buy for everyone, but it's worth if it you find it on sale)
MK9 (gameplay is console perfect, all kontent, extra challenge tower with Vita gimmicks, character models and textures took a hit)
Sine Mora (pretty much the silky 60fps of the consoles/Steam; awesome game, great to have it portable)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ (it's okay if you're the kind of person who can deal with 30fps action games... some off-putting design choices regarding bow aiming, but a solid fix for action games on the go if you can handle the lower fps)
Zen Pinball 2 (cross-buy, solid arcade-y pinball title with lots of tables to choose from)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (pretty much same as the PSN/Steam/XBLA but portable)
Sony Smash (if you own the game, it's pretty much the same thing and you already own it via cross-buy)
Motorstorm RC (if you liked the old Off-Road games, this is great, cross-buy with PS3)
Guacamelee! (phenomenal Metroidvania brawler -- I've put like 13 hours into it over the past two days and can't put it down. Cross buy with PS3)
Metal Gear Solid HD (transfarring if you own them on PS3 they play and look amazing)

Also, apparently Sony is making it an Indie machine, so it's getting a fuck ton of the indie games you'd see on Steam or something like that. There's a bunch on it with a bunch more coming. Nun Attack, Jetpack Joyride, Plants vs. Zombies, etc. Coming soon: Terraria, Frozen Synapse, Binding of Isaac remake, and a bunch of other shit I'm forgetting.

Another thing worth noting is that if you ever plan to pick up a PS4, all native games to PS4 are supposed to have remote play on this thing, making it like a WiiU gamepad for the PS4. Anything that's doesn't require Move or whatever, at least.

Also, if you have a PS+ sub, you get another 1gb of cloud storage for your Vita, auto-uploads, and of course, the IGC for Vita in addition to what you're already getting for PS3. Someone else already mentioned it, I think, but it's currently Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Tekken 6 PSP, Disgaea 3 Vita, and something else (or two) that I'm forgetting.
[/QUOTE]

I'll read this later today. I actually want to see your recommendations.

Btw, are you picking up Soul Sacrifice? ^_^

[quote name='Luxuria']
I'll read this later today. I actually want to see your recommendations.

Btw, are you picking up Soul Sacrifice? ^_^[/QUOTE]

Yes. Soul Sacrifice looks amazing. It's supposed to be good via single player or multi -- and I love the whole entire concept and premise. Yes, it's a little bit Monster Hunter in that there are big bosses you can use multiplayer teams to take down, but the combat looks so much better than a MH game to me... faster paced, more variety in attacks, almost looks like a "souls" game to me. And as I said, I'm a sucker for magic and such and the idea of doing crazy shit like ripping out your own spine to pull off an attack called excalibur? The monster designs? The sacrifice/saving leveling (and unlock) mechanic... all look right up my alley. If anyone in here has a Vita and is going to get it, add me. I will be happy to play with you.

I'll probably buy it digitally day 1 with the money Sony owes me from the spent $50 get $10 promo.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Also, anyone care to offer up some DS game suggestions (regular, not 3DS). Busted mine out of a drawer after about 4 years of not seeing the light of day.

I've played the Castlevanias and Mario Kart, and a few other games here and there, but would love some suggestions.[/QUOTE]

MegaMan Zero Collection
Bleach Dark Souls (anime, but it's a fighter made by Treasure, it's good)
Phoenix Wright series

That's all I can think of at the moment.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Also, anyone care to offer up some DS game suggestions (regular, not 3DS). Busted mine out of a drawer after about 4 years of not seeing the light of day.

I've played the Castlevanias and Mario Kart, and a few other games here and there, but would love some suggestions.[/QUOTE]

999, The World Ends With You, SMT: Devil Survivor, and the Prof. Layton games.

Get Chrono Trigger, even if you've played through it before, if you haven't played it before, then even more reason to get it!

[quote name='The Crotch']Hey, c'mon.

I posted a .gif of it in the RPG thread. What more do you want?[/QUOTE]

Me? Go into the RPG thread? Yeah fuckin' right. :rofl:

I was wondering if any new info had been released and if this was still potentially coming this year... looks balls out amazing. :bouncy:

Hopefully it will release late Fall after I can procure my gaming PC.

[quote name='distgfx']I figured everybody has already seen it.[/QUOTE]

Who are you again? ;)
I've had a pretty terrible week thus far and haven't managed to check out the gaming news sites since Tuesday... so I missed it. :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Vita propaganda:

Gravity Rush
Uncharted
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Dokuro (PSN)
Unit 13
Lumines
escapeVektor (PSN)

[/QUOTE]

I knew you would come through with a vita list. I didn't know about the PS4 or the extra cloud storage.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Me? Go into the RPG thread? Yeah fuckin' right. :rofl:

I was wondering if any new info had been released and if this was still potentially coming this year... looks balls out amazing. :bouncy:

Hopefully it will release late Fall after I can procure my gaming PC.
[/QUOTE]

I would assume like Dark Souls the PC Port will be delayed compared to the consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back