GGT 243's Dawg Died Because of CAG 3.0

Well isn't it kinda assumed if you can trade used games its assumed you can play them?
You might think so, but you could be wrong.

XBone is basically a digital platform. The discs are just a method to get the game -- don't want to download 40gb on the day of release? Drive to Best Buy and get a physical disc. Get home, pop it in, associate it to your account. Now the disc is useless. Nobody else can use it to install, your game is on the cloud and associated with your account. So if the system DRM policies are set to make the disc useless after the initial install so you can't just give it to all your friends for free. So unless the game can magically be reverted to "new" status in the Xbox database of games and licenses, which a retailer like GameStop would need to verify before giving you any credit, there is no way to play used games.

Here, think of it this way. You can't use GF with the XBone the way the new DRM policies are stated -- the first person to rent it would permanently own the game. Then what? You send the disc back to gamefly and nobody else can use it. So unless, as I stated above, there's a way to revert the game's status to "new" when you trade it into a "participating retailer", used games aren't likely.

If the above is true, I'd guess the trade in/selling would work like gamersgate -- where you can somehow trade in your license and disassociate it from your account to Microsoft (or maybe GS online or something if properly integrated) which will get you credit you can then use to purchase a different license. The question, again, is can the license be restored to a particular disc after it has been associated with an account, and if so, how do these participating retailers verify it so they can accept the trade in. It all depends on that for the XBone.

this is a hideous fucking website
Even with the dark theme it's pretty hard to read now. Visually it looks like there's too much going on.
I actually think I like it better than the old version -- it's cleaner to me... I find it easier to read now that my retinas aren't burning out of my eyeballs. I just wish I could fix my posts per page now.

At last testing, ignored posters are very understated and I had to try very hard to find any evidence of a post existing... it's very well done, IMO. I'm digging it. :shrug:
So who would you say you've ignored? I only use the feature on GAF because the amount of entitled idiots makes my brain hurt.

Well isn't it kinda assumed if you can trade used games its assumed you can play them?
You might think so, but you could be wrong.

XBone is basically a digital platform. The discs are just a method to get the game -- don't want to download 40gb on the day of release? Drive to Best Buy and get a physical disc. Get home, pop it in, associate it to your account. Now the disc is useless. Nobody else can use it to install, your game is on the cloud and associated with your account. So if the system DRM policies are set to make the disc useless after the initial install so you can't just give it to all your friends for free. So unless the game can magically be reverted to "new" status in the Xbox database of games and licenses, which a retailer like GameStop would need to verify before giving you any credit, there is no way to play used games.

Here, think of it this way. You can't use GF with the XBone the way the new DRM policies are stated -- the first person to rent it would permanently own the game. Then what? You send the disc back to gamefly and nobody else can use it. So unless, as I stated above, there's a way to revert the game's status to "new" when you trade it into a "participating retailer", used games aren't likely.

If the above is true, I'd guess the trade in/selling would work like gamersgate -- where you can somehow trade in your license and disassociate it from your account to Microsoft (or maybe GS online or something if properly integrated) which will get you credit you can then use to purchase a different license. The question, again, is can the license be restored to a particular disc after it has been associated with an account, and if so, how do these participating retailers verify it so they can accept the trade in. It all depends on that for the XBone.

Even with the dark theme it's pretty hard to read now. Visually it looks like there's too much going on.
I actually think I like it better than the old version -- it's cleaner to me... I find it easier to read now that my retinas aren't burning out of my eyeballs. I just wish I could fix my posts per page now.

At last testing, ignored posters are very understated and I had to try very hard to find any evidence of a post existing... it's very well done, IMO. I'm digging it. :shrug:
I wonder how badly M$ wanted to go full digital? If the disc is useless after the install what's the point of even having the disc.

PS4!!!

Eh fuck microsoft. Keep your tvsportscalladuty. I will buy a wii u. Maybe a ps4 when a compelling game strikes my fancy.

dAmn I want animal crossing 3ds.

My ideal games are things like Uncharted (and presumably last of us)
While I won't say I don't think you'll enjoy The Last of Us, I do think it's worth pointing out that general impressions so far have been pointing towards The Last of Us being more survival horror and less Uncharted. The Giant Bomb review for instance said "The Last of Us plays like Naughty Dog internalized the biggest design criticisms leveled against its last franchise and set out to make the anti-Uncharted." Personally, that's what I was hoping, but not expecting, to hear. I like a game where you actually have to conserve ammo and choose your fights wisely.
I smell a pacifist run for you.

What age will she reget those tattoos? I got 22
Bingo.

Bingo x2.

There's too much empty space everywhere, or something. Everything seems too big.
Just like your mom's vag.

How are you doing, JSP? ^__^.

Eh fuck microsoft. Keep your tvsportscalladuty. I will buy a wii u. Maybe a ps4 when a compelling game strikes my fancy.

dAmn I want animal crossing 3ds.
SOOO TEMPTED. It would be perfect to play while I'm watching E3 stuff next week and I have completely cleared my 3DS backlog so I've got nothing til project X-Zone hits in about 3 weeks.

bread's done
Back