GGT 249 welcomes everyone

I am back to piss and moan about TLoU again. Godamn game can be really frustrating when you know what you need to do to escape an encounter (i.e. get through a window, back of the truck, etc etc) and the damn game doesn't respond to your input and you have do all this fucking rigamarole just to free yourself to a point where you have enough time to hunt for the right spot to get the input to accept.

Or you just die because the game is stupidly frustrating.

I bought Castlevania on 3DS and actually thought it was a pretty good game, if you are unsure  definitely give the demo a try but they probably could have made a better demo.

D&D Mystara demo is not bad.  It's still the same classic fun, but I can't help but think this would've been much better as a Vita game.

WIth the graphics not really being "HD Mastered" it kind of looks bad.  Perhaps shrunk down to a smaller screen it wouldn't look quite so shitty.

As requested I will now write a post about Spartacus Legends, it's the free game that recently came out on both the Xbox 360 and PS3. It's a fighting game where you get gladiators that start as lowly slaves and work their way up the ranks, and you do that by winning battles against other gladiators and gaining experience. You have an overall level and each of your gladiators also has their own individual rank determined by what they are equipped with. You have a boost slot (gain 10% more crowd favor for 5 fights etc.), a weapon slot, a shield slot, and helmet, chest armor, leg armor slots. Then you can also have a perk, you get perks from winning certain fights and you can only have one equipped, also, you want to make sure you pick one you like since it costs gold (which is real money, but you can still get it in game) in order to remove the perk you equipped. Each gladiator has a specific weapon type they use and you can't change that once you buy them, so you have to choose to purchase warriors that have weapons you think you will like, what I've seen so far are sword and shield, dual swords, dual daggers, unarmed, and tridents, but I'm pretty sure there are more. 

The fights themselves are rather simple with only a small amount of combos, and you have a light attack, heavy attack, pankration (defense breaker), and grab. Then you can also guard and roll/dodge attacks by ducking and jumping (rolling and dodging are done with the same button, you roll if you hold in a direction  when you press it). If you win the battle with a full crows meter (it fills if the crowd likes what you are doing) you can do a finishing move, the only one I have seen so far is one where you chop of the front of the opponents face. So far I've only fought bots but there is also a quick match online mode, I couldn't find a private game mode so I'm not sure if there is an easy way to play against friends. 

Since the game is free, you can choose to otherwise buy gold with real money (you also earn a small amount of gold each time you level) or earn silver in game by fighting to purchase the items. Using gold you can buy items that are higher level than you right away but with silver you must be the required level. Since the game is so focused on single player it doesn't really seem pay to win but you could say it's pretty grind heavy. Once you fight a certain battle there's also a timer before you can do it again so you can't just keep repeating the same fight, and once you beat bigger/boss enemies you can't find them again from what I've seen. In the options they have filters for gore (it's not really that bad in the game though), vibration, and nudity (which I have seen none yet so I'm not sure what's all in the game). 

Overall, I really haven't watched any of the TV series so I don't know any of the characters and such, but I'm a fan of gladiators in general and would recommend at least giving the game a try since it's free and actually pretty enjoyable imo.

EDIT: I should add that it has froze a few times on me and the game is completely server based which means if their servers go down you can't play, which happened once briefly for like a minute before when I was on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the demo but I would skip it. It runs like molasses and seems like it would be better on Vita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfnmMjhRqM
Everything is better on Vita. ;)

--

Yanked this from SD for the 3DS people up in here:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D [amazon.com] - $28.72

Animal Crossing: New Leaf [amazon.com] - $30.25

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon [amazon.com] - $30.85

Super Mario 3D Land [amazon.com] - $29.65

Mario Kart 7 [amazon.com] - $30.12

Paper Mario: Sticker Star [amazon.com] - $29.34

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS [amazon.com] - $32.86
Try to pricematch Walmart.com at $27.25 - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS [walmart.com]

New Super Mario Bros 2 [amazon.com] - $29.78

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time [amazon.com] - $29.96

I dunno if the demo was really representative of the whole game, but yeah, I didn't care for Lords of Shadow 3DS. I didn't like the timing of the inputs, and it did feel slow/clumsy. Too bad, as it is a nice-looking game.
Yeah, I didn't care for the feel of the game based on the demo. Or the crazy amount of hits it took to kill an enemy (which works in some games for me, but not this one). I also didn't care for the original Lords of Shadow either though. I want a new Sorrow game. (although any classic Metroidvania style one will do)

The ship stuff in AC The Third is pretty boss. I really like the the feel of the controls and it looks great to boot. Makes me sort of excited to see if ACIV can expand on this stuff and I still generally enjoy the regular gameplay so whatevs, I'll buy it when it's $10.

I also like the way the player controls, mainly because you can serpentine like a motherfucker. It makes running in general a lot better, although for the most part chases are still stupid (except the ones where you can just shoot the dude, those are fun).

MoCiWe went into more depth than anybody should for that Spartacus game, but I'll probably download it to bum some achievements idontknow

Everything is better on Vita. ;)

--

Yanked this from SD for the 3DS people up in here:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D [amazon.com] - $28.72

Animal Crossing: New Leaf [amazon.com] - $30.25

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon [amazon.com] - $30.85

Super Mario 3D Land [amazon.com] - $29.65

Mario Kart 7 [amazon.com] - $30.12

Paper Mario: Sticker Star [amazon.com] - $29.34

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS [amazon.com] - $32.86
Try to pricematch Walmart.com at $27.25 - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS [walmart.com]

New Super Mario Bros 2 [amazon.com] - $29.78

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time [amazon.com] - $29.96
Damn, nintendo games never come down in price.

Seriously. I recently got a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and it was still roughly $50 (had to send it back for a replacement, though, which I'm still waiting on -_-).

This is also why I buy main-series Pokemon games either at or shortly after launch now; no point in waiting for price drops that aren't going to happen, or sales that rarely do.

The best gladiator game is still Gladius. Thats all I will say.

Lot of visiting family today, so ample time for slaving away for Masta Nook. Ol Masta Nook gonna whupps me if I's don't fetch him some bells.

$10 off is still $10 cheaper than normal. :)

Yeah, I didn't care for the feel of the game based on the demo. Or the crazy amount of hits it took to kill an enemy (which works in some games for me, but not this one). I also didn't care for the original Lords of Shadow either though. I want a new Sorrow game. (although any classic Metroidvania style one will do)
I dunno if I want them to touch the Sorrow games. Both were so fucking fantastic that I don't want them to make a 3rd and have it be mediocre or worse. I thought the follow up games (PoR and OoE) were okay, but nothing compared to the games that preceeded them (though they were better than HoD).

I think you played Guacamelee on PS3 (I played mostly on Vita), but that was a great Metroidvania style game.

Started  playing Vanquish last night. It was free from Playstation Plus a few months ago.

I know I'm not supposed to take the game that seriously, but the level of technology is all wrong.

America is a space fairing nation with a massive space Navy but there's only one of these prototype exo-skeleton suits? There's no ground defense against an orbitial attack?

Controls are a little difficult too. (At least at 12:30 after being up since 7am)  Aiming and firing while in the slow motion mode takes three simultaneous button presses.

Started playing Vanquish last night. It was free from Playstation Plus a few months ago.

I know I'm not supposed to take the game that seriously, but the level of technology is all wrong.

America is a space fairing nation with a massive space Navy but there's only one of these prototype exo-skeleton suits? There's no ground defense against an orbitial attack?

Controls are a little difficult too. (At least at 12:30 after being up since 7am) Aiming and firing while in the slow motion mode takes three simultaneous button presses.
You're taking a game seriously that you shouldn't take seriously. The game is awesome.

Also, just got Zero and X in Project X Zone. Thank you, based maverick god.

I was going to say something about Hitman but I decided to stop caring. That game is alright for what it's worth.

Dishonered is a stealth game too, right? I think I'm going to wait until I finish the former so that I don't end up playing two stealth games at the same time and have one be better than the other.

That would just be awkward.

Man, I'm close to just saying fuck it with Super Mario 3D Land.  Gets hard as balls in special world 7--I hate the fucking levels with the shadow of yourself chasing you--especially with trying to get the 3 coins.

Whether I finish it or not, I'm definitely done with platforms.  I think the years of heavy drinking wrecked my reflexes/hand-eye coordination I had for platformers as a kid.   :D Between this and getting uber pissed repeatedly at Rayman Orgins, it's clear it's just a genre I don't enjoy anymore as I just end up pissed off and in a shitty mood when playing when I get to the harder levels.

Edit:  Just listed it for sale on Amazon.  Life's to short to waste getting frustrated at a game I've already gotten plenty of enjoyment/playtime out of.

You're taking a game seriously that you shouldn't take seriously. The game is awesome.

Also, just got Zero and X in Project X Zone. Thank you, based maverick god.
How far am I from meeting them? I'm at the part where you run into arthur/lady

Man, I'm close to just saying fuck it with Super Mario 3D Land. Gets hard as balls in special world 7--I hate the fucking levels with the shadow of yourself chasing you--especially with trying to get the 3 coins.

Whether I finish it or not, I'm definitely done with platforms. I think the years of heavy drinking wrecked my reflexes/hand-eye coordination I had for platformers as a kid. :D Between this and getting uber pissed repeatedly at Rayman Orgins, it's clear it's just a genre I don't enjoy anymore as I just end up pissed off and in a shitty mood when playing when I get to the harder levels.

Edit: Just listed it for sale on Amazon. Life's to short to waste getting frustrated at a game I've already gotten plenty of enjoyment/playtime out of.
Sorry to hear that, Platformers are a genre I still love, ever since SMW came bundled in my SNES with Super Mario All-Stars.

Picked up Animal Crossing from the amazon sale. Lets see what all the hubbub is about.

I was bored today, so I went to Goodwill. Didn't expect to find anything, but ended up finding and picking up a mint Buzz bundle for PS2! After discount card (when the fuck did Goodwill become GS?) I got it for $3.60. Not bad considering that I got a new copy of the PS3 game for .89 a while back! Tested everything just to make absolutely sure that it worked and it all checks out, so I'm going to play with my siblings tonight! So happy to finally have buzzers!

Edit: You really had that much trouble with it dmaul? I thought 3DLand was crazy easy. Even with the Special Worlds.

How did you double post?

I must investigate.

No, seriously though, how does this work?

Is it based on a timer?

Maybe if I do this.

Whatever

MoCiWe went into more depth than anybody should for that Spartacus game, but I'll probably download it to bum some achievements idontknow
I did it just for you! If you do give it a download we should try and see if we can get a multi match going on just for fun, still have yet to try it. Had my graduation party today so I'm just getting on my computer now :p

I've been balls deep in Project X Zone and finding out that I have an uncanny infatuation with Ellen Page.
Yeah I always liked ellen page and PXZ. I played that shit today like 5 hours straight while watching CEO.

I'm at chapter 17 or 18 just defeated Astaroth. I'm not sure what button I pressed or maybe I wasn't paying attention but I think I skipped a super animation.

Yeah I always liked ellen page and PXZ. I played that shit today like 5 hours straight while watching CEO.

I'm at chapter 17 or 18 just defeated Astaroth. I'm not sure what button I pressed or maybe I wasn't paying attention but I think I skipped a super animation.
I'm only on like chapter 10 or so of PXZ but I am also really liking it a lot, definitely gonna keep me occupied for a while.

I have three words for Spartacus Legends.

Holy Crap The Frame Rate.
I didn't notice it that much, granted usually when people complain about framerates it never really bothers me :/

Yeah, I believe if you hold B or press it, it will skip the the super animations. I only watch the Sakura Wars characters ones because of dat music. Also, you are close to getting those Mega Man bros.

Yeah, I believe if you hold B or press it, it will skip the the super animations. I only watch the Sakura Wars characters ones because of dat music. Also, you are close to getting those Mega Man bros.
I've watched every super animation probably why my eyes are burning right now. I went on wikipedia to find out what shitty games these characters are in so I can match them together. People like Bahn and Batsu are lone characters from their games. ;(

You figure out criticals and press start to attack mass groups yet? I can land most supports with criticals tron bonne I usually always get.

Yeah. I don't use mass groups all that much unless I need clear a bunch of weak shit out of the way. I don't like that it costs 100% when most of the time you need that meter to kill a boss quickly.

bread's done
Back