GGT 249 welcomes everyone

I don't think I'd buy anything in that list except maybe Revengence which I still have on PS3 and need to do the DLC for.  Maybe I'll do that this week, actually.  I just finished AC3:L on Vita, so I'm looking for the next thing to jump into.  Maybe I'll mix in FFXIII-2 too.

This thread got really stupid again.

Fixing.

BN3T1ntCIAANCnJ.jpg
BNzxmhFCIAAImLr.jpg
BNuFU-LCUAA92tA.jpg
BNwfAIZCIAA2hoK.jpg
BNuCNcPCYAA-SjT.jpg
BNuBjANCYAAmqk_.jpg
BNuFZojCYAATRH9.jpg
BNyoBOWCUAAkYqj.jpg
BNuDKdZCAAAGufD.jpg

That XBL sale might get pretty crazy, especially since I've still got a good amount of points from that MS Store thing.

I'll be looking out for Tomb Raider and FC3 the most, I just got all these games from Gamefly so I kind of don't want more then that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to GS and none of them had any colors besides the Red and Blue 3DS XL. Disappoint. 

I thought the LE Project x Zone was rare or something. Each one had a bunch of copies left.

MLG Anaheim starts today. Whoo!

Went to GS and none of them had any colors besides the Red and Blue 3DS XL. Disappoint.

I thought the LE Project x Zone was rare or something. Each one had a bunch of copies left.

MLG Anaheim starts today. Whoo!
Other than bundles like the one for Animal Crossing and the one with Pikachu yellow, I think you're pretty much left to get blue or red unless you want pink.

At least the blue on the 3DS XL is much better than the original "blue" of the 3DS.

I'm done investing in 360.  Will just play the stuff I already have.  I played Forza 4 most recently.  I forgot how much I dislike Forza 4 compared to 3.  Seems like the AI in Forza 4 is more ridiculous and I don't have as much fun compared to 3.  The last game I picked up for 360 was Pink Sweets region-free import.

Other than bundles like the one for Animal Crossing and the one with Pikachu yellow, I think you're pretty much left to get blue or red unless you want pink.
I actually did want the pink one. My DS Lite is pink. Women loved the pink.

Real talk doe, I regret not getting one earlier. Missing out on the Animal Crossing and Pikachu one totally sucked.

I'm done investing in 360. Will just play the stuff I already have. I played Forza 4 most recently. I forgot how much I dislike Forza 4 compared to 3. Seems like the AI in Forza 4 is more ridiculous and I don't have as much fun compared to 3. The last game I picked up for 360 was Pink Sweets region-free import.
You need to buy Minecraft. And again. And again.

Minecraft #1 game on the 360.

There are also some places that sell skins for the 3ds/3dsxl for pretty cheap.  So you can always go that route if you don't like the colors.

I like the Blue XL personally.

It's not that the blue ones looks bad it's just... I dunno. :l

Thanks for recommendations by the way, everyone. Is Animal Crossing really that fun? I personally didn't like the GC one.

I might just pick up PxZ, SM3DL, and pre-order SMT IV. How is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy?

There are also some places that sell skins for the 3ds/3dsxl for pretty cheap. So you can always go that route if you don't like the colors.

I like the Blue XL personally.
Blue is the best of a bad situation. It's acceptable, but I'd rather have full black, or even the limited Zelda one.

I'm done investing in 360. Will just play the stuff I already have. I played Forza 4 most recently. I forgot how much I dislike Forza 4 compared to 3. Seems like the AI in Forza 4 is more ridiculous and I don't have as much fun compared to 3. The last game I picked up for 360 was Pink Sweets region-free import.
Yup. Last game I bought was borderlands 2. I picked up RB3 and Gears 3 before that. I sometimes buy things on sale, XBLA titles that are exclusive, but I tend not to even bother with that anymore either. I'm still trying to sell these 3 1600 points cards I have.

Real talk doe, I regret not getting one earlier. Missing out on the Animal Crossing and Pikachu one totally sucked.

Real Talk: Terraria > Minecraft ;)

I wouldn't choose the pink/white personally, but it's probably a more niche color. The New Leaf 3DS XL should still be available, I think?

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-with-animal-crossing-a-new-leaf/109156

I used to have the pink coral DS Lite. I loved that thing.

Just played some Tekken Revolution at the urgings of Uraizen. I like a lot of the visual changes (like fast moves add speed lines and other cool little things), but the F2P model bit seems weird. Especially since I don't get anything special to bring back to my copy of Tekken Tag 2.

I have a zelda protection armor thingy over mine so the color doesn't matter, looks pretty boss.

Crystal-Armor.jpg
I have both this one and the Epona one.

I have a zelda protection armor thingy over mine so the color doesn't matter, looks pretty boss.

Crystal-Armor.jpg
I have the mega man X one but haven't opened it plus I have an XL. Next month capcom is selling an XL mega man aluminum case I'm buying that.

Thanks for recommendations by the way, everyone. Is Animal Crossing really that fun? I personally didn't like the GC one.
It's certainly a series that people tend to have a wide range of opinions on. As someone who loves the series, New Leaf seems far and away the best one based on a few weeks of play. But if you don't like the core concept of incrementally customizing your house and outfits, talking to villagers (and making them say questionable things), beautifying the town, and collecting different things for the museum, then this one won't change anything. It might be worth a try at least if you're marginally interested though, because this one does have a ton of things to do every day (especially as you unlock more shops/activities).

I might just pick up PxZ, SM3DL, and pre-order SMT IV. How is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy?
Its pretty cool if you remember all of the music. I only remembered the FF7 shit cause its pretty much the only FF I played.

PxZ is pretty cool too its like fire emblem with capcom characters and combos.

Man, that Ultimate Sale Live is supposed to have made me super depressed. I think I may try to pick up some cheap points and get a couple of things even though I can't download anything right now.
I have like 90% of what's in that sale......so there's really not a lot that caught my eye, I MAY pick something up if it's cheap enough.

There's still a couple of 360 games I'm looking forward too getting, Saints Row 4, the new DBZ game, the new EDF....most of the rest are also coming out on next gen as well

Terraria is far better than Minecraft, I just have a black normal 3DS, I prefer it over the XL.

Thanks for recommendations by the way, everyone. Is Animal Crossing really that fun? I personally didn't like the GC one.

Project X Zone and SM3DL are both really fun, I enjoyed Theatrhythm quite a bit but it depends on how much you like rhythm games and FF music in general, if you like both you will have a lot of fun with it.

Crystal-Armor.jpg
I just have a plain red cover that I got from China for really cheap lol, it's been on since the launch of the normal 3DS since I bought it at launch and it still works great, but the bottom half is one of the extended batteries instead of a case.

Blue is the best of a bad situation. It's acceptable, but I'd rather have full black, or even the limited Zelda one.

Yup. Last game I bought was borderlands 2. I picked up RB3 and Gears 3 before that. I sometimes buy things on sale, XBLA titles that are exclusive, but I tend not to even bother with that anymore either. I'm still trying to sell these 3 1600 points cards I have.

Real Talk: Terraria > Minecraft ;)

I wouldn't choose the pink/white personally, but it's probably a more niche color. The New Leaf 3DS XL should still be available, I think?

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-with-animal-crossing-a-new-leaf/109156
Woooo Terraria! I really don't like any of these special edition 3DS' that are coming out, the only one that looks nice is the MH one

I used to have the pink coral DS Lite. I loved that thing.

Just played some Tekken Revolution at the urgings of Uraizen. I like a lot of the visual changes (like fast moves add speed lines and other cool little things), but the F2P model bit seems weird. Especially since I don't get anything special to bring back to my copy of Tekken Tag 2.

I have both this one and the Epona one.
I had the Epona one but I'm pretty rough on them I guess it got to the point where it was unrecognizable. My current one is fairy well worn too. Doesn't matter much in terms of protection but still...

It's certainly a series that people tend to have a wide range of opinions on. As someone who loves the series, New Leaf seems far and away the best one based on a few weeks of play. But if you don't like the core concept of incrementally customizing your house and outfits, talking to villagers (and making them say questionable things), beautifying the town, and collecting different things for the museum, then this one won't change anything. It might be worth a try at least if you're marginally interested though, because this one does have a ton of things to do every day (especially as you unlock more shops/activities).
It's the first one I've played and I'm hooked. I got it the day of came out and have nearly 50 hours in it.

It's addictive collecting things, figuring out how to set up the town and rooms in your house, getting money and medals to buy new things etc.

I game mainly to veg out and relax though and this type of game is ideal for that. There's no challenge or frustration. Just load up and veg out doing various tasks and hope to find new things for the museum and house etc.

I'm not really getting too into AC currently, Project X Zone is taking more of my time now and I'm having more fun with that, may be because I've played all of the Animal Crossings before so I'm a little worn out on it, but I also didn't get too into the DS one, the GameCube and Wii one's I put a lot of time in, I think I prefer it on the console over a handheld which is a little odd since it seems like a perfect portable game, I'll still continue to play it though and do recommend people give it a try.

I can't even really call Animal Crossing fun. It's like most Nintendo games where on paper, the ideas probably don't sound that great, but in practice they're ultimate time sinks and usually a blast. I work all day then come to play a game about being in perpetual debt, and I've been doing it for t least two hours a night since the game came out.

I can't even really call Animal Crossing fun. It's like most Nintendo games where on paper, the ideas probably don't sound that great, but in practice they're ultimate time sinks and usually a blast. I work all day then come to play a game about being in perpetual debt, and I've been doing it for t least two hours a night since the game came out.
Do you still need that Apple, I'm playing now so was just wondering if you did and wanted to come get one.

Picked up AC New Leaf today.

I also got a used copy of Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for $8, so I shall see if it is worth the price, since it has been recomended.

But first, gotta make Tom Nook my bitch.

I got Ghost Recon for $40 when it came out and it was well worth the money. I stayed up way too late playing that game.

Picked up AC New Leaf today.

I also got a used copy of Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for $8, so I shall see if it is worth the price, since it has been recomended.

But first, gotta make Tom Nook my bitch.

Unfortunately, it's the other way around. Seriously, that dude is a pimp and a slumlord...all he wants is your bells. I always feel like a teenage runaway when I walk into his "real estate office".

Well, they're both very overrated for one.

TLOU is a bit long and glitchy at some points, and has bad ai. I don't recall Uncharted being like this.

To be honest, I think i disliked this game more than i liked it. There are some parts that are very frustrating. I was kinda disappointed with the ending so that didn't help it's case either.

I don't know. The game just didn't click with me. :( Worth a rent i guess.
The reason I dont even wanna touch this game is it looks like Uncharted without the "Unchartedness". They took what worked with the franchise and shoehorned it into an entirely different game with dumber characters and zombies.

Yeah, I just hit a spot where I kept dying over and over and over again. It was so bad, the damn game told me to set "lock" for auto targeting in the options (it's bad when a game tells you to cheat to get past a section), but I was already playing on "Easy" at that point. Da fuq??

Yeah, this game. Overhype 110%.

With Uncharted, it's light-hearted, humorous, has high action and adventure, and doesn't take itself too seriously, so I could forgive any faults. But TLoU has the same faults and then some (why the fuck can't Joel jump anywhere?? He can take a beating from a zombie, but he can't fucking climb a pipe, jump a few feet, or dodge roll? You can't dodge or evade in the post-apocalyptic future??) and the somber tone just makes all these problems come to the surface so much more intensely.

If I ever finish this game, there's no way I'm going to do New Game Plus or any of that trophy chasing shit. To platinum this game, you have to finish it on the highest difficulty which, thus far, I've heard is painful and not too fun.
I agree on the light heartedness. Drake acts like a Nathan Fillion character. Like Mal in Firefly (apologies if yall dont like Firefly)

Hes a smartass and tries to be tough but hes a softie for his crew. Uncharted at first seemed like a stupid movie wannabe game like the others but it really has a ton of charm and character despite the stupid gameplay most of the time.

Theatrhythm is getting hard to find outside of Best Buy if you're going retail so keep that in mind. Animal Crossing cart availability is also still hit and miss.

Once Project X Zone LE are gone that's it. GS that are getting resupplied are getting the vanilla version and ALL of the NewEgg copies were vanilla also. Sure same thing will apply to Target, Walmart, and BB. If the soundtrack, artbook, and poster don't matter to you (it should if you're going to get the game) the download is $5 cheaper. Also, Amazon is sold out of PxZ right now (only third party sellers over MSRP available.)

I'm also interested in checking out the Castlevania game when it drops in price.
Try the demo but I would skip it. It runs like molasses and seems like it would be better on Vita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfnmMjhRqM

I dunno if the demo was really representative of the whole game, but yeah, I didn't care for Lords of Shadow 3DS.  I didn't like the timing of the inputs, and it did feel slow/clumsy.  Too bad, as it is a nice-looking game.

You should ask Whoknows about it. I'm pretty sure he's one of the only people who bought it.

That and Remember Me.

And Deadpool.

bread's done
Back