GGT 259: Girls, Girls Girls, but where dem boys at Skullgirls?!

MGR for $15.

Eww.

I cancelled my Dragon's Crown pre-order. I'm not going to get to it with Xillia being released the same day. 

Persona Arena > Every fighter.

is sony planning to release any more new ps3  games after this year ends? seeing as the next gen console releases this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
MGR for $15.

Eww.

I cancelled my Dragon's Crown pre-order. I'm not going to get to it with Xillia being released the same day.

the gs employee didn't make a fuss about cancelling a preoder. lol

Online co-op isn't unclocked till a few hours into the game, no?

Too many hours.

I know them pretty well and they couldn't care less.
the campaign/story is short, probably like 5 hours. it is basically like diablo. you progress through each difficulty, from normal to hell.

MGR for $15.

Eww.

MGR for $15 is a fuckin' steal.

As for P4A, I'm actually really interested in it now after having put this much time in P4G.

Dragon's Crown is on my wait for $25 or under for Vita list, at the moment.

is sony planning to release any more new ps3 games after this year ends? seeing as the next gen console releases this year.
Hopefully not. I don't need my backlog to get any bigger.
Do you mean first party only? That's iffy, but we'll see, I guess.

Lux was right. I do like Parasoul.

Cuz default red hair.

Cuz some of her palettes have her wearing glasses.

And cuz of all the panty shots.

You play on PS3?

I should've grabbed it when it was on sale for $20 digital a few weeks back.
Yeah, I've mentined it several times.

Two of those times was me correcting you on that.

Don't you pay attention to my post?

Or do you only look if there's a pic of Leda?

I wouldn't be mad if that was the case.

Yeah, I've mentined it several times.

Two of those times was me correcting you on that.

Don't you pay attention to my post?

Or do you only look if there's a pic of Leda?

I wouldn't be mad if that was the case.
I'm just confirming with you, indigbro. I don't want to pick it up and then be like "oh shit, I have nobody to play with".

I know we've played 3S together... but you play UMvC3 and BBCSE on 360 I think, so I tend to get confused. :lol:

Nobody here better be dumping on AH3. That game is awesome as hell, just anime as fuck.
All I know is that there's 23 female characters on the roster and that's it. :p
So when MoCiWe decided to call the diversity police on Skullgirls for starting out with a roster of 8 girls (and finishing with a roster of 2 guys, 11 girls), I merely pointed out there was a game with 0 male characters and more than twice the roster size.

I'm just confirming with you, indigbro. I don't want to pick it up and then be like "oh shit, I have nobody to play with".

I know we've played 3S together... but you play UMvC3 and BBCSE on 360 I think, so I tend to get confused. :lol:
It's cool dawg. BFFs Still.

You should pick it up sometime. Lux and I still play it everyonce in a while or something akin to that but not really.

I know Uraizen didn't like it much and I didn't at first either, but I got into it after I spent some more time with it. It ain't all bad. I mean, it's a holdover until BBCP comes out for sure, but it's a pretty good holdover.

MGR for $15 is a fuckin' steal.

Dragon's Crown is on my wait for $25 or under for Vita list, at the moment.
Hey I agree with Frost on these! MGR is easily worth $15 and I'll probably wait for Dragon's Crown to get cheaper :p

Nope. Looks pretty crappy.

Well yeah, but you're not a super Batfan, so that makes sense, mang. :D

I meant to play games today, but I just read comics again. Oops.
I have a Bat Signal poster on my ceiling, that's good enough! Even if there was a lot of extra content though being able to stick to the system I have the series on is more important to me I guess, I would rather have the controls I know/like :p

All I know is that there's 23 female characters on the roster and that's it. :p

So when MoCiWe decided to call the diversity police on Skullgirls for starting out with a roster of 8 girls (and finishing with a roster of 2 guys, 11 girls), I merely pointed out there was a game with 0 male characters and more than twice the roster size.
I'll play as female characters, it's not like I'm against it or anything, I just like having more choices, nothing against the core gameplay mechanics or anything.

I just like having more choices, nothing against the core gameplay mechanics or anything.
I say this about every game that only has a male character.

Like Crackdown, which I started playing cuz it went free.

Let me be a female agent motherfucker.

Actually, I'm fine with one choice if that choice is female.

I'd be fine with that.

Sega has not been dicks yet with the people they've boughten so far. Plus, they did the smart thing a while back and went third party unlike Nintendo.

I say this about every game that only has a male character.

Like Crackdown, which I started playing cuz it went free.

Let me be a female agent motherfucker.

Actually, I'm fine with one choice if that choice is female.

I'd be fine with that.

Sega has not been dicks yet with the people they've boughten so far. Plus, they did the smart thing a while back and went third party unlike Nintendo.
Outside the one choice if female part, I agree, in games with multiple characters/where you can create a character you should always have Male/Female options, in single player games with stories I understand having the one main character, but for these types of games it shouldn't be how it works.

Sega could do fine with Atlus, they did make Phantasy Star and Shining Force so they do have some awesome RPGs!

I still think it would make too much sense for Sony to lock up Atlus and the rights to Persona games for their platform, but they're not going to make that move.  Sega should be okay, as they tend to make (mostly) rational decisions and treat most of the platforms with parity.

I'll grab P4A if I can find it for $20 or less for sure -- I'm a Persona convert now.

As far as game characters go, I always used to try to make someone who sort of resembled me... or at least was something akin to a Matrix-esque residual self image.

But as far as things go these days, I tend to make females for some reason.  Now that I think back on it, ME2 and Femshep may have started it all.  I think it was also partially attributable to finding out that some games, like Demon's Souls, had garb ONLY females could wear.  I know when I played Oblivion on PS3, I made a self-likeness, but after converting to Femshep when I ran through ME2 on PS3 (I had a regular Shep on x360), I think the only male character I may have made was in Dark Souls.  

Sega also hasn't released or even announced Yakuza 5 for the US yet.

I hate them.
:lol: I dunno, they brought Dead Souls over and that tanked, didn't it? But Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4 probably did okay?

I never tried Yakuza 4 after getting burnt out playing through 3.

They never released PSO2 in the US.

Those losers.

But they are releasing Hatsune MIku so I forgive them.

That's probably not going to happen. I know a lot of people would love it, the GAF Vita thread was buzzing about it for awhile, but since it's F2P, and the US market for it is probably small, they don't gain much from the localization and porting costs.

As far as game characters go, I always used to try to make someone who sort of resembled me... or at least was something akin to a Matrix-esque residual self image.

But as far as things go these days, I tend to make females for some reason. Now that I think back on it, ME2 and Femshep may have started it all. I think it was also partially attributable to finding out that some games, like Demon's Souls, had garb ONLY females could wear. I know when I played Oblivion on PS3, I made a self-likeness, but after converting to Femshep when I ran through ME2 on PS3 (I had a regular Shep on x360), I think the only male character I may have made was in Dark Souls.
I guess I used to try and do that, but let's be honest, it's sometimes ridiculously hard to make anything resembling a real person, unless you're using mods or something to get more options. It was more like a 'which of these characteristics that they give me do I like the best/or I would rock if I lived in this world' type deal.

So I ditched the 'creating someone who looked like me' thing and went with creating characters that I thought just looked cool or decent or whatever.

And then I ditched a whole gender after that because making/dressing up female characters is just more fun. There's probably some type of psychological thing there though.

I still rocked male characters in my second playthoughs of Dragon Age and Mass Effect though, and I generally do that with most games. It helps when they're romance options that are exclusive to each gender. Like, I would definitly play a Persona game as a male character first, but you do get some choice in how you handle certain situations personalty wise in those games so maybe that's a reason for it too as it helps to make you feel like you are that character a little more, not to mention that type of game is based in realism.

In other news, I hate playing six button fighters on a controller.

I need to get a fight stick.

I usually play male characters on PT1, but after that I play as a female. The lone exception being a sexy woman with a white pixie cut in DA2.

MIKU_zpse5cbc093.gif

Finished up Uncharted 2 last night. Pretty sweet game. It was a little weird going from The Last of Us to that though. I really dug the ending. Not sure what to play next on the console. Maybe I should go ahead and finish up Sly 2 as I'm near the end. 

It's nice to see people actually beating games haha my backlog gets getting to me and I play some of a game, then some of a different game, etc etc etc, so it usually takes me awhile to beat one!

I've been on a game recently thank you very much, you guys and your watching me and knowing what I'm doing all the time gosh.

Nice grab! Grabbed it new when it was 10 bucks a few months back at Gamestop. The characters are great and the game looks great. There are some minor inconsistencies and cliches with the story, but it's nothing too terrible. Hope you enjoy it, man.

Do you get review codes for these games or do you just drop mad cash?
I wonder that about a couple of the posters here too. I know Mociwe drops mad cash on games. Although I suppose for a lot of hardcore gamers gaming is really their only target of their disposable income.

I wonder that about a couple of the posters here too.  I know Mociwe drops mad cash  on games.  Although I suppose for a lot of hardcore gamers gaming is really their only target of their disposable income.

i mostly trade in games i finish, to get other games.

bread's done
Back