GGT 276 Thinks That Legos Need To Be Real

Yeah, Enter Electro's What If? mode was great. Not as funny as SM1, but still pretty great. It had a nice selection of Easter Eggs involving the X-Men, too. I don't think it was as bad as you're making it out to be! I mean, you can fight clay Samurai! THAT IS SO COOL!

Pretty sure it failed to live up to the classic for everyone. I liked the costumes and a couple of the moments, but it just wasn't good enough. Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty perfect. Best Spider-man game ever besides Spider-Man 1.
I just remember Enter Electro being really buggy. There was one level you had to swing to the top of something and I kept getting knocked down or glitched out...I did play through it though. What If? mode has me intrigued though I'll admit.

I'm a little behind with my Spidey games though too. I played all the last gen ones. I played Shattered Dimensions, and Edge Of Time, but never finished Spider-Man 3 or start Web of Shadows or The Amazing Spider-Man. I might just get Amazing for Vita when that comes out even though I own it already. I played the 3DS amazing which was average. The GBA and DS ones had some great games. Ultimate being one of them as well. I also need to go back to that 2D spider-man game for PSP I was almost done with it and my save overwrote itself....someday I'll go back. It was also a buggy mess but sort of fun.

nba live is gonna fail as always gunm.  If Lego Marvel was a real game and actually a Marvel Ultimate Alliance sequel, i'd be all over dat.

I just remember Enter Electro being really buggy. There was one level you had to swing to the top of something and I kept getting knocked down or glitched out...I did play through it though. What If? mode has me intrigued though I'll admit.

I'm a little behind with my Spidey games though too. I played all the last gen ones. I played Shattered Dimensions, and Edge Of Time, but never finished Spider-Man 3 or start Web of Shadows or The Amazing Spider-Man. I might just get Amazing for Vita when that comes out even though I own it already. I played the 3DS amazing which was average. The GBA and DS ones had some great games. Ultimate being one of them as well. I also need to go back to that 2D spider-man game for PSP I was almost done with it and my save overwrote itself....someday I'll go back. It was also a buggy mess but sort of fun.
Don't go back to play Spider-Man 3. That thing is hot garbage. You should really play Web of Shadows, though. Best Spidey game this gen. TASM is good for some things that it tries with some photography sidequests that play out sort of like the Riddler riddles in Arkham Asylum, but that's pretty much the only part I liked about it besides the costumes. The weirdest part of TASM is that they try really hard to give the villains a scary vibe like Rocksteady did successfully with Batman's in AA and AC, but Spider-Man villains are just a little too corny for that so it doesn't work. I mean, who's going to be scared of an old guy dressed as a bird stealing hot dog carts? Or a living pool of sand or water for that matter?

Superior is worth getting back onto the scene for. It's really a good book. Though, there are some people that get incredibly angry for no reason about it. I have one friend that literally just buys issues of it to read and then rip up because he thinks Spidey-Ock is a tool.
I guess I could check out an issue or two but I just feel like with Spider-Man in general having missed out on years of the comic they went from like 4 books of the same character to an explosion of different paths. I never even read the original ultimate comic which I heard was good as well.

Don't go back to play Spider-Man 3. That thing is hot garbage. You should really play Web of Shadows, though. Best Spidey game this gen. TASM is good for some things that it tries with some photography sidequests that play out sort of like the Riddler riddles in Arkham Asylum, but that's pretty much the only part I liked about it besides the costumes. The weirdest part of TASM is that they try really hard to give the villains a scary vibe like Rocksteady did successfully with Batman's in AA and AC, but Spider-Man villains are just a little too corny for that so it doesn't work. I mean, who's going to be scared of an old guy dressed as a bird stealing hot dog carts? Or a living pool of sand or water for that matter?
I already played some of Spider-Man 3 but yeah it was hard to get into. I remember the boss fights taking forever. Not because they were hard because the hit\power ratio was way off. If it's that bad maybe I'll just stay away. Yeah I heard Web Of Shadows is really good, I have it waiting. TASM will probably be played on the Vita at this point since I seem to have more handheld time these days anyway. Having that comparison though to the Batman games I wouldn't mind Rocksteady giving spidey a shot...too bad that probably wouldn't happen. I agree though about the source material. Might work with Venom and Carnage though.

That sounds absolutely terrifying
Hot dog carts are pretty freaky.

I guess I could check out an issue or two but I just feel like with Spider-Man in general having missed out on years of the comic they went from like 4 books of the same character to an explosion of different paths. I never even read the original ultimate comic which I heard was good as well.
Ultimate Spider-man is one of my most favorite books of all time. I actually just finished re-reading the entire series up to the death of Peter Parker a couple of months ago and have to admit that it still holds up super well. Only problem with the book is that way, wayyyy too much shit happens in what is supposed to be a 6 month time span. I'm amazed that you're a Spidey fan and haven't read it. If you decide to check out Superior stick around for a few issues. Ock does some really interesting things as Spidey and it's fun to see a different way of tackling the issues that Peter always struggled with. I say that mainly because Otto is very obsessive over problems like I am, so it's nice to see someone in a comic I can really relate to.

Ultimate Spider-man is one of my most favorite books of all time. I actually just finished re-reading the entire series up to the death of Peter Parker a couple of months ago and have to admit that it still holds up super well. Only problem with the book is that way, wayyyy too much shit happens in what is supposed to be a 6 month time span. I'm amazed that you're a Spidey fan and haven't read it. If you decide to check out Superior stick around for a few issues. Ock does some really interesting things as Spidey and it's fun to see a different way of tackling the issues that Peter always struggled with. I say that mainly because Otto is very obsessive over problems like I am, so it's nice to see someone in a comic I can really relate to.
Yeah like I said I fell out of reading comics a long time ago. It just sort of happened. I need to get around to it at some point (reading Ultimate) but at 100+ issues it's more of a time consumption thing at this point. It might be easier to just read superior at this point. Is there a lot of crossover into other books or is it self-contained? That was another thing that always got annoying.

Wow, that is some salt. And you're 2 billion percent wrong.

Miles is a badass character and he's covering shit in his book that no Spider-Man has ever covered. Plus, he didn't want to be Spider-Man, he just keeps having the role forced on him.

No ways. You just said exactly why he is a ripoff...exact same "adjusting to the role he never asked for" theme. So I'm the opposite of 2 billion percent wrong, which BTW, I don't think is a real percent of anything so you are wrong either way.

Anyways, dawg, I just said Miles is one Casual lazy-ass writer away from being badass. Not that he isn't per se. Gawd, so much salt....

Last edited by a moderator:
Come to think of it, I never asked for this either.

Also, I bet Leda's feet smell weird.

mechamadness.jpg

I think it's actually GT. Not sure how much the other G is needed at this point. As for games I started on Kisuke's story of Muramasa. Not sure I'll be doing level 99 of each character but I own it digitally so never say never. Anyway fun game overall.

Need to figure out what's next after God Of War III on the console side. I feel like I should go back to The Walking Dead and finish it up. Only on Chapter 2.

nba live is gonna fail as always gunm. If Lego Marvel was a real game and actually a Marvel Ultimate Alliance sequel, i'd be all over dat.
For once, I wished that NBA Live did well. Not because I want to play, but because I want 2K to get off of their asses and add some new stuff to their NBA games

No ways. You just said exactly why he is a ripoff...exact same "adjusting to the role he never asked for" theme. So I'm the opposite of 2 billion percent wrong, which BTW, I don't think is a real percent of anything so you are wrong either way.

Anyways, dawg, I just said Miles is one Casual lazy-ass writer away from being badass. Not that he isn't per se. Gawd, so much salt....
Bendis may be a casual writer, but his Ultimate stuff is great with the exception of a couple of arcs here and there. And how do you get that he's a ripoff by being forced into the role? Isn't that something that pretty much everyone deals with whenever it comes to responsibility?

I guess I can understand what you mean since it has become a bit of a trope, though.

Aaaanyways, I can't figure out what to play this weekend. Maybe some Darkness 2 or something... Not sure, since I don't want to get too deep into anything with Batman coming next week.

Get yourself banned lux and lets test this theory

Darkness 2 was awesome, I'd recommend going through that!
It was alright it was really short the 1st was great

Aaaanyways, I can't figure out what to play this weekend. Maybe some Darkness 2 or something... Not sure, since I don't want to get too deep into anything with Batman coming next week.
Practice your lego marvel combos dawg I don't need no casuals co-oping with me

When jackie visits his grandpa that was an awesome scene. I always imagined hell to be like that repeating shit over and over I mean if hell existed

You can kill Darkness 2 really fast, but I absolutely think it's worth playing. Few really cool combat situations. Rocking guns and demon arms at the same time was pretty sick and actually worked quite well. I definitely recommend.

Nice to see a bunch of you played Darkness (1 & 2), those games did definitely have some cool moments in them

So Need For Speed is indistinguishable from PS4 to PC according to something on GAF.

I feel bad for all you PC elitists.
The new NFS looks pretty sweet as well, looking forward to giving it a go

How come you guys aren't talking about the Stanley Parable yet?

I wish I wasn't banned from GAF, I'm sure that's the current indie darling right now until like tomorrow.

Nice to see a bunch of you played Darkness (1 & 2), those games did definitely have some cool moments in them

The new NFS looks pretty sweet as well, looking forward to giving it a go
I played the Darkness day one.

Yeah, I got it at release. Not a big deal. Just supporting great developers.

How come you guys aren't talking about the Stanley Parable yet?

I wish I wasn't banned from GAF, I'm sure that's the current indie darling right now until like tomorrow.
Crazy, I was just listening to a Podtoid from March 2012 and they were discussing Stanley Parable. I know literally nothing about it though, because Jim Sterling.

Superior is worth getting back onto the scene for. It's really a good book. Though, there are some people that get incredibly angry for no reason about it. I have one friend that literally just buys issues of it to read and then rip up because he thinks Spidey-Ock is a tool.
Haha, those are my favorite kind of comics fans.

Ultimate Peter Parker's story was so good. I see they have a couple of omnibuses out now, I should pick those out.

C is for casuals who do stuff together (Indig and himself)

A is for asual + the C before the a

S is for simply casual

U is for u are a casual

A is for the thrill of the causalness

L is for lolcasual

bread's done
Back