GGT 286 bids adieu to the Last-Gen (except gunnm)

Thanks for supporting capcom.

Walked into best buy with two xboxs and games walked out with $486 in amazon cards. Made a total of $586 during this bestbuy promo. :)

I'm really enjoying NBA2K14, but there are still problems with the MyPlayer career system.  You start out gimped with stats and VC is a little too difficult/slow to come by so the game becomes kind of a grind.  They tie your own performance directly to your teams' so if you aren't playing at "A" level consistently, your team is pretty much guaranteed to lose.  Some of the goals seem unattainable unless your player rating is high.  For example, my guy is rated 79 out of 100 and my rookie keeps getting put into situations where I can't meet the goal (like, "hey the team is down by 20 points, get us to within 10 or take the lead").  It sounds easy enough, but then one single mistake or missed opportunity on offense completely fucks up the momentum and the opposing team just drains everything or matches you point for point.  I haven't won a single game yet and my player averages around a B rating.  I can get 20+ points and 5 or more assists a game for my backup point guard role and the team still loses.  It's kind of unrealistic and demoralizing.  Also, the presentation seems to have cut corners from previous games.  No cheerleaders or mascots, only a stat rundown during halftime, and the music gets repetitive very quickly.  The trade off is that Doris Burke does sideline interviews.  But since my team is always losing, she only interviews the other side which I could give two shits about.

The one big plus is that they actually say my name (or try to).  It's just amazing that the game can read my last name and try to assign some vocal track to it.  It's not exact, but it's very close to how caucasians would likely try to pronounce it.  I was blown away by that.

The throwing blades in DmC are some of my most favorite weapons in a game ever. I just wish they were in a better game...
You could throw the rebellion in DMC. Does that count? I bought secret invasion at half price books was going to buy a book called the greatest batman stories ever told but I didn't. So yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a pro marvel player and know all of the move names. we're the casual assholes here

got it

That's what it's been called since the original DMC.

I'm a pro Capcom player, I guess.

Not some casual who didn't buy Remember Me.

Thanks for supporting capcom.

Walked into best buy with two xboxs and games walked out with $486 in amazon cards. Made a total of $586 during this bestbuy promo. :)
now you can get a xbone, LOL

after tax, you might just have enough for one game.

Yeah 2 working one not. I've been checking on amazon for a 250gb xbox. I keep hesitating I saw a $115 250 and a $99 250gb slim yesterday but I didn't buy em I guess I'm kinda hoping for a gears of war xbox to pop up

Weird, I contacted Amazon yesterday about the price difference on Dead Rising 3 and they refunded me the $11.50, now today they refunded me $11.50 again, so for some reason I got like $23 back, not bad Amazon

This monster hunter game is pretty fun its my first MH game and it reminds me of demons souls. Even has the item burden going on but with me getting zelda today I don't know when I'll ever play it again :(
Yeah! I love Monster Hunter, nice to see another person here who does. But yeah, when a new Zelda comes out, the system it is out on won't be seeing other games for a while haha.

Weird, I contacted Amazon yesterday about the price difference on Dead Rising 3 and they refunded me the $11.50, now today they refunded me $11.50 again, so for some reason I got like $23 back, not bad Amazon

Yeah! I love Monster Hunter, nice to see another person here who does. But yeah, when a new Zelda comes out, the system it is out on won't be seeing other games for a while haha.
Stop abusing amazon.

I felt bad having to murder this fucking goat who wasn't doing anything but eating grass. Yeah just came back from gamestop an hour ago going to install oracle and then play some zelda and then study for my maths :(

Stop abusing amazon.

I felt bad having to murder this fucking goat who wasn't doing anything but eating grass. Yeah just came back from gamestop an hour ago going to install oracle and then play some zelda and then study for my maths :(
I didn't haha, I contacted them yesterday about it, so I got the difference. And today they did an auto-refund on top of the manual one, not my fault!

You don't know all the evil things that goat did in the past man

Its cool logging onto the 3DS store and seeing mega man on the front page :>

I didn't haha, I contacted them yesterday about it, so I got the difference. And today they did an auto-refund on top of the manual one, not my fault!

You don't know all the evil things that goat did in the past man
I'm going to google this but I have no idea how to change weapons.

Legit forgot this was a thing. Glad I saved my receipt.
Haha, yeah I got it at Best Buy and they gave you an Oracle game as well, I already had it because I bought it on day one though. So I gave it to one of my friends, still a cool little extra though.

hrm cool I didn't use my fire emblem code from before now I just need another 270 coins for those posters. Does that idle walking shit that gives coins still work?

Did you turn on the hair? So good.
Yes. It goes very well with the shivering. ;)

I just got the bow and killed a deer. I stopped there after starting to hunt the collectible things in the trees.

How much was the whole setup?
Hard to say, exactly, I've been building it so long.

A sizeable chunk -- the GTX 770 was $335 and the most expensive... between mobo/cpu/gfx, it was like $600 or so.

The GTX770, however, was subsidized by selling off the 3 games that came with it (I guess Arkham Origins will have to wait a bit)... All told, I think I got about $75 for them. so I paid about $250 or so for the 770.

Legit forgot this was a thing. Glad I saved my receipt.
Best Buy owes me a code still... but I already own it.

Super Mario 64 is a lot more free form than Sunshine/Galaxy. In sunshine the shine hints basically told you exactly what to do. In 64 it can be pretty damn vague at times. The controls and camera have come a long since then too. Still fun to play the birth of 3D platformers.

You could throw the rebellion in DMC. Does that count? I bought secret invasion at half price books was going to buy a book called the greatest batman stories ever told but I didn't. So yeah.
Nope! I specifically like spinny knives. It's basically the same as the Boomerang from Darksiders, I just like the stuff I can do with them in DmC more.

Damn. Why'd you dump all your 360 stuff? It'd be funny if MS decided to ban the One you get.

Nope! I specifically like spinny knives. It's basically the same as the Boomerang from Darksiders, I just like the stuff I can do with them in DmC more.

Damn. Why'd you dump all your 360 stuff? It'd be funny if MS decided to ban the One you get.
Well my RE xbox was on its last legs the disk tray took a long time to open, I traded in the $20 arcade I got from amazon and I traded in a broken xbox. I still want a 250gb xbox doe I still don't want a One anytime soon

Well my RE xbox was on its last legs the disk tray took a long time to open, I traded in the $20 arcade I got from amazon and I traded in a broken xbox. I still want a 250gb xbox doe I still don't want a One anytime soon
Okay, I understand, then bro. You should get a PS4.

or you can get a brand new xbox 360 from amazon for $200 during their black friday lightning speed deals extravaganza

But dat Killer Instinct doe, its like the best fighting game and its gonna be at evo and everyone is gonna be like oh shit son.

Dat luck based winning.

Just came back from the Con. A good 13 hours there. x.x Soooo tired. They surprisingly had a bunch of Godzilla figures (I haven't seen them in the other cons I went to). Met the voice actress for Lilith from BL2 and she was pretty cool. Small, but fun nonetheless. Got some more Miku stuff. ^^

OH! I also got to try out Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma and it felt really nice. Kagura was fun. Didn't have a chance to test out the other new characters. 

I tried dat Killer Instinct for XBO @ da Microsoft store this afternoon.  It looks nice, but I can't play for shit on dat damn gamepad.  Dey have XBO compatible sticks yet?

I tried dat Killer Instinct for XBO @ da Microsoft store this afternoon. It looks nice, but I can't play for shit on dat damn gamepad. Dey have XBO compatible sticks yet?
I've been playing it for a bit, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Use a pad myself, I have some sticks but the 360 ones don't work on the one, although I usually play better with a gamepad anyways. But there will be this one for the One: http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Killer-Instinct-Arcade-FightStick/dp/B00FYJ0I6S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385276004&sr=8-1&keywords=killer+instinct+fightstick

Beat DmC just now. The Vergil/Dante writing was funny, but man, 90% of this game was shitty as fuck. What the fuck was up with Dante having the worst voice actor in existence? His Aaaaaaaaaah! during the Mundus boss battle was one of the most hilariously awful things I have ever heard. Oh well, at least the last boss battle was fun. Been a while since I had such a one-sided fight in a game.

Yeah, DmC wasn't exactly a fantastic game. The only thing I found to be pretty fun was the combat. IMO it wasn't bad and it was pretty fun. 

bread's done
Back