GGT 301 is a Skype party

Why? It looks fine so far, they still have a while to go for announcements anyways

I really liked Bravely Default but I guess it depends on how much you like the classic FF games, other stuff like Kirby or Yoshis New Island don't interest you?
I liked some of the older FF games. Off the top of my head I beat FF1, FFIV (3 on SNES), VII and X. Got to the final boss in VIII but was under leveled and didn't feel like grinding. The difference is those games were easier than the BD demo, and had simple leveling systems compared to the array of jobs you can mix and match in BD.

As for other games, yeah, I may get those if I keep the 3DS. I'm just getting a bit burnt out on platformers having played Rayman Origins over the summer, NSMBU recently, Mario 3D World currently, and have Rayman Legends for Wii U on the shelf. So Wii U has my platformer fix pretty much covered. And I can play on the gamepad when my fiancee is using the TV just as easily as I can play on the 3DS.

I'll probably hold on to it for a while though, at least see what gets announced for it through E3. If its still looking stale for me at that point (i.e. no Metroid, 2nd Zelda etc. announced) I may sell/trade it and grab a Vita and start playing some of these PS+ Vita games I've been nabbing in case I ever got one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I think Gears basically revitalized the Third Person Shooter genre. Sure there was that other TPS the gen before (Killswitch?), but it basically defined cover based shooters this generation.
It was definitely the first cover based shooter I played. I can't recall playing a game prior that had snap to cover built in etc.

I definitely loved the series. Late nights of "Gears and beers" with my best friend are probably my best gaming memories of the past generation. Gears 1 and 2 are also the only games I've beaten on the hardest difficulty that I can recall. We never got a chance to do the 3rd one on Insane.

I never cared for the multiplayer though, other than hoard mode. Played the shit out of that in the 2nd one. Less so the third as that Live account hacking debacle happened a few weeks after I got the game and few of my friends where still playing it 3+ months later when I got that sorted out.

I liked some of the older FF games. Off the top of my head I beat FF1, FFIV (3 on SNES), VII and X. Got to the final boss in VIII but was under leveled and didn't feel like grinding. The difference is those games were easier than the BD demo, and had simple leveling systems compared to the array of jobs you can mix and match in BD.

As for other games, yeah, I may get those if I keep the 3DS. I'm just getting a bit burnt out on platformers having played Rayman Origins over the summer, NSMBU recently, Mario 3D World currently, and have Rayman Legends for Wii U on the shelf. So Wii U has my platformer fix pretty much covered. And I can play on the gamepad when my fiancee is using the TV just as easily as I can play on the 3DS.

I'll probably hold on to it for a while though, at least see what gets announced for it through E3. If its still looking stale for me at that point (i.e. no Metroid, 2nd Zelda etc. announced) I may sell/trade it and grab a Vita and start playing some of these PS+ Vita games I've been nabbing in case I ever got one.
Both fair points, I think with Bravely Default since you can change the encounter rate/difficulty and all the jobs, it can be easier or harder depending on how you play. But if you don't really want to invest time into figuring out all of the different jobs then I can definitely understand that since trying to beat the game without getting into that stuff probably wouldn't be that fun.

I'm just a huge fan of both Kirby and the originally Yoshis Island so those both look like games that I will really enjoy, but holding onto it until like E3 should definitely let you know if there's more stuff that would be more up your alley or not coming out.

Both fair points, I think with Bravely Default since you can change the encounter rate/difficulty and all the jobs, it can be easier or harder depending on how you play. But if you don't really want to invest time into figuring out all of the different jobs then I can definitely understand that since trying to beat the game without getting into that stuff probably wouldn't be that fun.

I'm just a huge fan of both Kirby and the originally Yoshis Island so those both look like games that I will really enjoy, but holding onto it until like E3 should definitely let you know if there's more stuff that would be more up your alley or not coming out.
Yeah, the graphics in BD were off putting to me as well. Just didn't seem like my cup of tea.

I do really like Yoshi's Island, so I'll probably end up getting that I guess. Kirby I've been more mixed on. I've played, and liked, several of the games. But I'm otherwise pretty indifferent on the franchise.

Anyway, I got back to Pokemon Y yesterday and played a ton of that, like 6 hours. Got the 3rd badge, but just spent a lot of time battling trainers and catching new Pokemon. I'm over 20 hours in now and think the game has finally grabbed me so I'll probably finish it. Though I'll keep taking my time catching pokemon and fighting everyone just to stay over powered.

After that the only 3DS game in the backlog is Starfox 64 3D, and some VC games--need to try and finish up Zelda Oracle of Seasons and move on to Ages. Need a Zelda break after playing OoT and ALBW recently though. Think the only other one on there that I'll give a shot is the original Zelda that I've never beaten. Other stuff is just things like Suduko, Mario Golf (GBC) that's just pick up and play stuff I don't care to beat.

If you were under leveled in FF8, the final boss (as with all other enemies) should have been easier, since they were scaled to your level. You were probably underpowered due to not using junctioning to your advantage.

About to "turn up" for my birthday today

Be56gfcIMAAg4gl.jpg

If you were under leveled in FF8, the final boss (as with all other enemies) should have been easier, since they were scaled to your level. You were probably underpowered due to not using junctioning to your advantage.
Probably. Been ages since I played it since it was back at launch. In any case, I was underpowered for sure and just couldn't beat it no matter what strategies I looked up and tried and decided it wasn't worth the hassle as I wasn't' that interested in the story/ending.

It was the game that mostly soured me on JRPGs, though I did play and enjoy FFX. It was around that time that they seemed to start getting more involved and complicated with the leveling options, combat systems etc. Or I guess it was probably the popular ones started getting that way, I'm sure the more niche ones were always more hardcore.

Just not my cup of tea as someone who's more of an "experiencer" than a "gamer" and just wants to mostly veg out and enjoy the world, story etc. and not have to put a lot of thought into it, or practice and try things over and over etc.

Probably. Been ages since I played it since it was back at launch. In any case, I was underpowered for sure and just couldn't beat it no matter what strategies I looked up and tried and decided it wasn't worth the hassle as I wasn't' that interested in the story/ending.

It was the game that mostly soured me on JRPGs, though I did play and enjoy FFX. It was around that time that they seemed to start getting more involved and complicated with the leveling options, combat systems etc. Or I guess it was probably the popular ones started getting that way, I'm sure the more niche ones were always more hardcore.

Just not my cup of tea as someone who's more of an "experiencer" than a "gamer" and just wants to mostly veg out and enjoy the world, story etc. and not have to put a lot of thought into it, or practice and try things over and over etc.
Equip Diablos' no encounter ability, run around the islands of Heaven and Hell a time or two and collect all of the overworld draw points, and voila! Game broken.

dhhddfdfh
3 is the best one IMO. 1 I loved so much I would play that with my friends so much from sun up to sun down took me 23k kills to unlock seriously which is a 10k kill achievement.

2's MP was garbage total lag fest and dependent on host and judgment MSRP of $60 was a fucking joke

I don't think there's a single brofist in all of Gears.
oh no I think there is

I get it.

You're taking that thing I say about you and turning it on it's head.

You're so clever.

Must have been all that I, Frankenstein you watched.

Finished DmC today and started Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Brothers has some dark shit in it.
I found it very predictable and forced -- slogging through the "innovative" controls for their attempt at telling a story by not telling a story... it definitely didn't live up to the hype; not to mention some of the poor technical design decisions in some sections (late game spoilers):
hang glider and giant's castle come to mind
. To this day, it is the only game on Steam that I've cared enough to review negatively.

Did you take a girl's virginity with your cousin's set of Playskool plastic tools, the ones he would never let you use because he was so much bigger and stronger than you until you guys were in the sixth grade and he finally got the case of pneumonia he had been asking for for years?

I found it very predictable and forced -- slogging through the "innovative" controls for their attempt at telling a story by not telling a story... it definitely didn't live up to the hype; not to mention some of the poor technical design decisions in some sections (late game spoilers):
hang glider and giant's castle come to mind
. To this day, it is the only game on Steam that I've cared enough to review negatively.
I'm on chapter 6 and so far I can't say I'm really impressed. I mean it's not bad for free and for an artsy game. I had to restart a chapter once and a checkpoint once because of glitches where events wouldn't trigger correctly.

Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa Toki towa

The Pokemon polls are pretty interesting, seeing the internet gaming fanbase go from older people with the capabilities/desires to get on the internet in the 90s to kids and people who were kids then, radiated by the unyielding rays of the pokemon sun

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9CALKOvAI[/youtube]

Throwback Monday.

Or Sunday. 

Or just K-pop.

I'm on chapter 6 and so far I can't say I'm really impressed. I mean it's not bad for free and for an artsy game. I had to restart a chapter once and a checkpoint once because of glitches where events wouldn't trigger correctly.
I was really irritated by the following, which I think you've passed:

(1) The lighted torch section was all sorts of irritating and a chore because of the controls.

(2) The hang glider section was terrible -- they make it seem like you're going down fast and you won't make landfall... so I carefully tried to land on the first section of land available. Only to find that it wasn't allowed, counted as a death, and it spawned me back at the start of the section. Repeated attempts were rife with random collisions on the walls and such.

(3) Once landed, you get to do the forced "we have a rope tied to us so you should swing mechanic" even though a lot of the pegs/handholds look to be spaced about the same width/distance apart as they ever were.

I have more complaints too, but I think you've only just begun the last section, so I'll wait til you finish it before I type up the rest. :)

Dang I just downloaded brothers.  I heard it was annoying, but I was going to give a shot.

Meh, I don't have time for dat bs, so buh bye delete.

Dang I just downloaded brothers. I heard it was annoying, but I was going to give a shot.

Meh, I don't have time for dat bs, so buh bye delete.
I've heard so many mixed things of that game, some people absolutely loved it and praised it, then some people absolutely hated it (like the people in the thread haha), I'm sure I'll give it a go sometime, haven't played it yet myself

The B2G1 is working on BB again for PS3 and 360 preorders and all of the games are back up!!!! DBZ, Castlevania 2, Dark Souls 2 wooooooo! Fable Anniversary, FFX HD, EDF woooooooooo

I've been playing AC4 pretty much all weekend. It's good. I love killing Whales.
Dude even for a video game I felt bad for doing that.

I hate waking up early before class cause now what if I go back to bed and I wake up late?

I was really irritated by the following, which I think you've passed:
(1) The lighted torch section was all sorts of irritating and a chore because of the controls.
(2) The hang glider section was terrible -- they make it seem like you're going down fast and you won't make landfall... so I carefully tried to land on the first section of land available. Only to find that it wasn't allowed, counted as a death, and it spawned me back at the start of the section. Repeated attempts were rife with random collisions on the walls and such.
(3) Once landed, you get to do the forced "we have a rope tied to us so you should swing mechanic" even though a lot of the pegs/handholds look to be spaced about the same width/distance apart as they ever were.

I have more complaints too, but I think you've only just begun the last section, so I'll wait til you finish it before I type up the rest. :)
I didn't have much of a problem with the
torch section, except I died the first time you see a wolf since I figured they'd automatically move away from the torch. I did the exact same thing on the glider and it really irritated me.

bread's done
Back