GGT #32, plain and simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's not even close to what I had in mind.[/QUOTE]
Ew, nobody wants to play a game about shining gay men balls. Freak.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm more excited about SF3:TS:OE personally.

BUT....... I have a sneaky suspicion that Backbone Entertainment is making it. The butchers of HDR and MvC2.[/QUOTE]

What? My only problem with HDR was the fact that quickmatch never worked... otherwise it was great.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Nice to see Nancy incorporated into the game... after watching the gameplay I can say my worries are crushed. Good show.[/QUOTE]

Nancy? The giant robot from Tekken 6? I must have missed that?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What? My only problem with HDR was the fact that quickmatch never worked... otherwise it was great.

Nancy? The giant robot from Tekken 6? I must have missed that?[/QUOTE]

Nah, they fucked both up badly, they were buggy as fuck. Hell, they both still need patching to this day, but we know that's not going to happen.

Nancy was broken down behind you and far off into the background, you could see another one of the bastards terrorizing the city.

I opened up my Xbox 360 copy of Lips today. I ended up purchasing music right away I wanted (4 songs, will buy a 5th). I had some fun singing Ugly Kid Joe "Everything About You" and Rhinna feat. Jay-Z "Umbrella". I prefer the way the pitch works in SingStar, but Lips is still fun.

On PS3, I now have 999 trophies.

Now that I have a Droid, I plan to start playing some more cell phone games.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What? My only problem with HDR was the fact that quickmatch never worked... otherwise it was great.

Nancy? The giant robot from Tekken 6? I must have missed that?[/QUOTE]

Well, MvC2 on 360 and PS3 almost always froze until the first patch. It made it basically impossible to play online.

HDR was and is still plagued with issues on PS3 that they refuse to fix despite being the platform of choice for almost all major tournaments.

Also, the achievements/trophies in both are complete garbage. 50 1-character victories in MvC2 in Ranked!? SERIOUSLY? That's nearly impossible.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, MvC2 on 360 and PS3 almost always froze until the first patch. It made it basically impossible to play online.[/QUOTE]

I actually think HeavyD still has problems with MvC2 online glitching up on him. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me. I mean, this is BACKBONE we're talking about. They're like the MadCatz (Pre TE sticks) of video game development. Big name, messed up products. They've messed up badly on so many products (not just fighting games mind you) that it's a mystery as to why companies still use them.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, MvC2 on 360 and PS3 almost always froze until the first patch. It made it basically impossible to play online.

HDR was and is still plagued with issues on PS3 that they refuse to fix despite being the platform of choice for almost all major tournaments.

Also, the achievements/trophies in both are complete garbage. 50 1-character victories in MvC2 in Ranked!? SERIOUSLY? That's nearly impossible.[/QUOTE]

I played MvC2 on 360 nightly when it came out with a group of CAGs and never had it really lag/drop/freeze or anything.

The achievements are indeed garbage.

I have them both on both 360 and PS3, but have only played MvC2 on both. I never took MvC2 PS3 online though.

Sadly, once I learned PS3 HDR had no trophies, I haven't really turned it on yet. Still waiting to get my x360 TE fightstick dual modded.

I need to do that as well. I just need to find someone and acquire the proper funds. I also need the joystick part reinforced with an extra spring I think.

[quote name='KingBroly']Also, the achievements/trophies in both are complete garbage. 50 1-character victories in MvC2 in Ranked!? SERIOUSLY? That's nearly impossible.[/QUOTE]
Most of the online-required trophies are garbage, but the rest are easy. The snapbacks one and the wins one in general aren't tough. But 50 OCVs? Never gonna happen in my lifetime. I think I've got one under my belt, and that was probably luck.

Ha, the gameplay vid of SF x Tekken was good.

Ono quote:
Ono joked that the Namco Bandai team would be none-the-wiser if the Capcom designers made Nina appear in the game naked, and likewise for Chun-Li in the other version.
sigh

:lol:

GoW II so far is MUCH better than the first. I'm actually interested in the story. I've always loved the Titans, and this seemed like a pretty nice progression of the story from the 1st.

I would shake the hand of anybody that got all of the trophies in Trash Panic. I think I may be only able to get the "play for 24 hours" trophy and that would still require a bit of time investment.

SFvTekken looks too much like SF4.

Ultra animations are too long too. They're already annoying in SF4 - here they're like rival schools style tag ones. Even worse.

Maybe I'll still play it. Had our monthly SSF4/Tekken 6/TvC tournament downtown today - about 40 showed up, our best yet. Also had some of the chicago crowd travel up to play.

well when they show me a new version in 6 months that doesn't just use SF4 models, SF4 moves, and SF4 mechanics I'll change my tone.

I guess I was just hoping for something more original the way Capcom vs SNK turned out. Maybe it will be, but what they showed wasn't that.

I have all the achievements in HDR and I'm just missing the OCV one in MvC2 (I think I have about 20). They aren't THAT bad.

SFxTekken though looks great. GET HYPE.

3s online will be great too, can't wait to lay the smackdown on all of you.

[quote name='jer7583']well when they show me a new version in 6 months that doesn't just use SF4 models, SF4 moves, and SF4 mechanics I'll change my tone.

I guess I was just hoping for something more original the way Capcom vs SNK turned out. Maybe it will be, but what they showed wasn't that.[/QUOTE]

It's using the SFIV engine, you're probably not going to get the radical change you hope for.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']3s online will be great too, can't wait to lay the smackdown on all of you.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me?

It's going to be Super Street Fighter IV Tag Tournament + Tekken peeps edition.

I want to see how the other game turns out. Will be interesting how the SF characters play Tekken style.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Make sure you pick up the 360 version and you'll see ;)[/QUOTE]

How about you get the PS3 version so you can supposedly kick my butt. I might be selling my 360 soon, no games I want other than Hydro Thunder. =X

[quote name='distgfx']How about you get the PS3 version so you can supposedly kick my butt. I might be selling my 360 soon, no games I want other than Hydro Thunder. =X[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I always think about selling my PS3 but every time I come to the conclusion that it really isn't worth it. Never get nearly ANYTHING close to what you paid. But to each his own.

I might pick it up on PSN but my TE is for 360. Don't get too butt-hurt though. I'm mostly just messing around. I did win the CAG tournament awhile back. I'm not saying I'm great but get ready for some Genei-Jin (or Megaton Press / Shinku-Hadoken if the online isn't stable enough for Yun combos).

Looking forward to the release.

------

Starting Red Dead tonight after finishing up God of War 3. Really enjoyed GoW3 except for
the end fight with Zeus. If there are two things I hate in games, it is bosses that regenerate health and bosses that make clones of themselves. Loved the ending though, and how they potentially kept it open for a sequel. I thought it was pretty cool how they didn't pull any punches with Kratos' mercilessness. He pretty much killed every single god and destroyed the whole world.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Ya know, I always think about selling my PS3 but every time I come to the conclusion that it really isn't worth it. Never get nearly ANYTHING close to what you paid. But to each his own.

I might pick it up on PSN but my TE is for 360. Don't get too butt-hurt though. I'm mostly just messing around. I did win the CAG tournament awhile back. I'm not saying I'm great but get ready for some Genei-Jin (or Megaton Press / Shinku-Hadoken if the online isn't stable enough for Yun combos).

Looking forward to the release.[/QUOTE]

Still, even though I wouldn't get much for it, it's more money for games like SFxT! Get butthurt over what anyway, the challenge? I'm just playing along dude. :lol:

[quote name='distgfx']Still, even though I wouldn't get much for it, it's more money for games like SFxT! Get butthurt over what anyway, the challenge? I'm just playing along dude. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Good good. I hear ya though. Well I hope you are happy with whatever ya decide.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Good good. I hear ya though. Well I hope you are happy with whatever ya decide.[/QUOTE]

Depends on what happens at TGS, by some miracle MS might show me something I really want.

[quote name='distgfx']Depends on what happens at TGS, by some miracle MS might show me something I really want.[/QUOTE]

Slim chance of that happening.

It's over, Microsoft is finished.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Is the Tales Team seriously shutting down[/QUOTE]
That is the first I have heard of it.

[quote name='distgfx']I actually think HeavyD still has problems with MvC2 online glitching up on him. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ragequits != online glitches

My trick for the ocv achievement, pick mag/cable/sentinel! If you get the first hit in you basically win, provided you don't drop your combos or they kill your mixup.

If you can't trijump just do. cable/x/commando. Probably wanna put sentinel in x for the drones assist, learn to guard break into ahvbx3, and you'll be there in about a day.

Just got a Sony 55HX701 :)

It's awesome, just need to find some calibration settings. However, the standard doesn't look terrible, something I'm not used to.

Just started SC: Conviction last night and I like it. It's the first time I've had fun with a Splinter Cell game since Chaos Theory came out. I did find one thing weird, though, whenever I went into the Extras menu before I'd started the game I had a ton of stuff listed as "Available" that I could unlock and I don't know how I got it. Was that stuff always there or did I download stuff I forgot about?

[quote name='jer7583']well when they show me a new version in 6 months that doesn't just use SF4 models, SF4 moves, and SF4 mechanics I'll change my tone.

I guess I was just hoping for something more original the way Capcom vs SNK turned out. Maybe it will be, but what they showed wasn't that.[/QUOTE]

If you actually watch the fight demo, there seems to be alot of new stuff going on. Rolls, dashing through projectiles, mule kick, chain combos, and ACTUAL JUGGLES. That's alot of gameplay change for only being in development for 2 months.

herp derp, what's a proof of concept video of a game that's 2 years away

[quote name='pete5883']I think that's the free stuff Ubisoft put up every week since release.[/QUOTE]
Oooh, Sweet! I never knew they did that.

I just finished that game and got both ending achievements. Good game, wayyyyy too short, though.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yay, got Cheapy to mention Kissfuldreamer on the air. And plug her voting page on the Tester. Now she better get in![/QUOTE]

I was wondering why he visited my page lol. Oh man Bear, your a genius!! Thank you so much :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back