GGT #32, plain and simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Dandeschain']If you actually watch the fight demo, there seems to be alot of new stuff going on. Rolls, dashing through projectiles, mule kick, chain combos, and ACTUAL JUGGLES. That's alot of gameplay change for only being in development for 2 months.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seanr1221']Leave it to the internet to bitch about SF x Tekken. Game looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

Kazuya seemed to have all his standard tekken Mischima style moves. All the throws, all the combos, etc. Even the F-D-DF crouch dash that moved him under the hadoken. The only thing he didn't do was sidestep using the tap up/tap down.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Kazuya seemed to have all his standard tekken Mischima style moves. All the throws, all the combos, etc. Even the F-D-DF crouch dash that moved him under the hadoken. The only thing he didn't do was sidestep using the tap up/tap down.[/QUOTE]

:lol: finally some grammar error I notice.

[quote name='heavyd853']Ragequits != online glitches [/QUOTE]

Oy, I thought you said it was still freezing and hard to get into a game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Can someone explain to me what the fuck a fal'Cie, l'Cie and pulse l'Cie is?[/QUOTE]

I posted this exact post in the ggt before. No one could help.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']10 hours later I still don't understand, I just know Hope is a $$$$$$.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm at the beginning of chapter 3 and can see how people want to kill Vanille and Hope.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Vanille=Australian=Hot[/QUOTE]

Her voice actress waivers in and out of the accent too much... she's wicked inconsistent.

--

So were there any good deals on BB:CS?

a Fal'Cie is like a demi-god, and each has a certain task in running things (the Fal'Cies in Cocoon for example, cater to the human's needs (shelter,food,government) -- while a l'cie is a human branded by a Fal'Cie, fated to complete a specific task.

what task the main characters have to complete is the main question of the plot.

edit: and a Pulse l'cie is merely a human branded by a Fal'Cie that came from Pulse (the world below Cocoon). All of the characters were branded by a Pulse Fal'Cie at the start of the game. Pulse nearly destroyed Cocoon in the past, hence the huge scar on Cocoon. These are all things explained so far, based on your progress -- at least I'm pretty sure.

[quote name='panzerfaust']a Fal'Cie is like a demi-god, and each has a certain task in running things (the Fal'Cies in Cocoon for example, cater to the human's needs (shelter,food,government) -- while a l'cie is a human branded by a Fal'Cie, fated to complete a specific task.

what task the main characters have to complete is the main question of the plot.

edit: and a Pulse l'cie is merely a human branded by a Fal'Cie that came from Pulse (the world below Cocoon). All of the characters were branded by a Pulse Fal'Cie at the start of the game. Pulse nearly destroyed Cocoon in the past, hence the huge scar on Cocoon. These are all things explained so far, based on your progress -- at least I'm pretty sure.[/QUOTE]

I haven't taken the time to read the datalog entires -- and the characters don't really do a good job explaining it. By the end of chapter 2, I figured out that there was cocoon above pulse, and that fal'Cie seemed to be some sort of higher/ancient powers... fal'Cie brands humans, they become l'Cie, like Serah. Serah completed her focus, she became crystal. Others don't... they become Cie'th zombies/monsters.

Like at the beginning of chapter 3, I still have no idea why they were purging the people chosen... just that they were being sent to live on Pulse for some reason and didn't want to go, hence NORA and the resistance.

Seemingly, fal'Cie grant magic powers, as now that everyone is branded, we have paradigm shifts and such. hopefully the game gets better now.

I'm really hoping there's none of this "avoid chests x, 13, and b. that way you can get the zodiac spear" bullshit.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I haven't taken the time to read the datalog entires -- and the characters don't really do a good job explaining it. By the end of chapter 2, I figured out that there was cocoon above pulse, and that fal'Cie seemed to be some sort of higher/ancient powers... fal'Cie brands humans, they become l'Cie, like Serah. Serah completed her focus, she became crystal. Others don't... they become Cie'th zombies/monsters.

Like at the beginning of chapter 3, I still have no idea why they were purging the people chosen... just that they were being sent to live on Pulse for some reason and didn't want to go, hence NORA and the resistance.

Seemingly, fal'Cie grant magic powers, as now that everyone is branded, we have paradigm shifts and such. hopefully the game gets better now.

I'm really hoping there's none of this "avoid chests x, 13, and b. that way you can get the zodiac spear" bullshit.[/QUOTE]

ultima weapons are achieved through some expensive upgrading, so open all the chests you want =D

but that was indeed the most ridiculous part of FFXII...

fal'cie = Gods
l'cie = Humans with partial God powers with a self-destruction sequence activated

Also, Hope becomes a good character later on in the game, but Vanille still sucks throughout the game, but she isn't the worst character in the game.
Fang is.
Everything's her fault

I'm enjoying DQIX a lot, though I'm surprised that they let a high profile DS game like this get out with all of these spelling and grammar issues.

[quote name='KingBroly']fal'cie = Gods
l'cie = Humans with partial God powers with a self-destruction sequence activated

Also, Hope becomes a good character later on in the game, but Vanille still sucks throughout the game, but she isn't the worst character in the game.
Fang is.
Everything's her fault
[/QUOTE]

Well at least the characters make you feel something :lol:

[quote name='dallow']Nintendo did the translation this time no?
Is it more than just the British spellings?[/QUOTE]
British spelling and grammar all throughout the game that makes it seem like they just released the UK version over here without any changes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']British spelling and grammar all throughout the game that makes it seem like they just released the UK version over here without any changes.[/QUOTE]

Having recently played Dragon Quest V, I can tell you that it's the same with IX. Unnecessary U's and E's as far as the eye can see.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']British spelling and grammar all throughout the game that makes it seem like they just released the UK version over here without any changes.[/QUOTE]

That's the Dragon Quest translation style. It was like that in DQ8 and I'm pretty sure any of the DS games.

The King's English is good enough for kings, man. Why isn't it good enough for you? :p

(Personally, I prefer a lot of British spelling, though I'm not British...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fal'Cies

50615FoamFalsies.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That's the Dragon Quest translation style. It was like that in DQ8 and I'm pretty sure any of the DS games.

The King's English is good enough for kings, man. Why isn't it good enough for you? :p

(Personally, I prefer a lot of British spelling, though I'm not British...)[/QUOTE]
Because we fought for our independence from the oppressive spelling and grammar rules of the king.

Stupid WoW pet from the SCII CE is bound to the CD key. Guess I can't sell it separately now.

LOL at all the sold ones on ebay though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Does GGT think Carmine should live or die?[/QUOTE]

I dunno who Carmine is, but there's this restaurant in Chicago called Carmine's (possibly owned by Carmine?), and that place is mad good. Prices aren't especially unreasonable, either.

Oh joy, my SCII CE is "Shipping Soon"! I may continue with FFXIII tonight, I dunno. I've been trying to catch up on TV and movies...tonight is a new episode of "Closer" which I enjoy, and I've been watching Smallville.

My SC2 CE shipped from Amazon, so I am pleased. I hope I like it, because I haven't really played the original SC, and haven't paid any attention to SC2.

Im going to wait until that shit goes on sale (SC2)

Going to try to pick up blazblu CS - hopefully the training mode helps me understand it and having locals to play always helps.

Singularity's multiplayer is fun - they just need to fix so people aren't stuttering around everywhere. Using that little ticker guy to posess people is great.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Does GGT think Carmine should live or die?[/QUOTE]

Die.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Gears of War sucks.[/QUOTE]

It's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back