GGT #32, plain and simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jman619']It varies. I really thought I was host sometimes when it was so smooth,but I wasn't.[/QUOTE]

It certainly plays a lot better than it did. I just wish they didn't add more range to the shotty. I just wish this was the game they shipped on day one.

UPS can't get here fast enough... want to install and play SC2 already...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Bandai picked up the Tales of Abyss anime and Turn A Gundam? Those are 2 of the last things I expected anyone to ever bring over here. Maybe I should finally finish up ToA the game...[/QUOTE]

OMG, that makes my day. Also, all of the Gundam shows were going to come out here eventually. I mean, come on, it's Gundam.

On a sadder note, no more Michael Jackson zombies :whistle2:( Some people pointed out in the comments on that Joystiq post that 1) MJ might've been fine with it if he was alive, since he loved video games, and 2) PopCap should've claimed parody. Agreed with both points.

The worst thing about the new PvZ update is that it crashes during the initial load. I wanted to get the new achievements, but it's unplayable. My Steam copy of PvZ still had the MJ zombie when I played it for four hours yesterday.

I picked up Super 7 from the app store, which is free right now. It's a great arcade-style game where you're merging numbered blocks together to make 7s as it throws negative numbers, multipliers and divisors, and +/- blocks to make it harder to keep going.

:whistle2:( @ the left trigger on my main Xbox 360 controller that is now kind of squeaking and having a bit of abnormal resistance when pushing it down.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That guy is a douche.[/QUOTE]

i hated jinpachi, but I at least felt like I was playing against Tekken character in a game called "Tekken." Azazel is like "hope you enjoyed Tekken, but now you're playing 'fuck You: The Official Game of the Movie'"

[quote name='Chacrana']But we gotta play online, awesome possum :(
[/QUOTE]

SSFIV is so much better though.

and I wanna exchange Tekken for BBCS, since that's also better.

Jinpachi is stupid easy. Probably the one character I got most perfects against.

Azazel just should've never existed. Nancy is a better boss.

Azazel is also easy as fuck, just cheap. Just keep LP-ing him quick. it interupts pretty much everything he does.

[quote name='blueshinra']UPS can't get here fast enough... want to install and play SC2 already...

[quote name='Chacrana']I got my SC2 CE. I haven't opened the Amazon box yet, though.[/QUOTE]

What are your Blizzard account usernames? When I actually get a chance to create everything I'll add you both as friends

hmm... the USB drive that comes in the Starcraft II CE is pretty nifty. And it's nice that it took like 30 seconds to install both Starcraft 1 and its expansion. Minimal fuss ^_^

Still haven't played either game, but uh... tonight. Unless Tekken 6 distracts me.

Here's an idea for a last boss: a character. No stupid ass game-changing stuff that forces you to continue a million times while you find an exploit to get the crap over with. How about something fun instead? Oh right, this is namco.

[quote name='Chacrana']I got my SC2 CE. I haven't opened the Amazon box yet, though.[/QUOTE]
Now, finally, in this same situation myself. Wish UPS hadn't taken so long, but still... it's kinda awesome :whee:

[quote name='BlueScrote']What are your Blizzard account usernames? When I actually get a chance to create everything I'll add you both as friends[/QUOTE]
Cool beans. Once I register a Bnet name for SC2, I'll post it for you :)

[quote name='whoknows']Am I the only one who didn't buy SC2?[/QUOTE]

I didn't either. I'm only interested in the single player, so I'll wait for a price drop.

[quote name='ihadFG']I didn't either. I'm only interested in the single player, so I'll wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in single and multi...I just don't want to pay $60 for it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I didn't. RTSes are lame and computer games are lame.[/QUOTE]

See, guys? You should all go buy SC2!

[quote name='BlueScrote']Is anyone using raptr? Getting it set up now. Kind of a neat idea.[/QUOTE]

Too much effort.

If I have to update my shit manually every time I decide to play a game, no sale.

If it somehow knew what I was playing on PSN or 360 by using my gamertag? Maybe.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Well, judging by the TU6 update, the host picking is better.

"Improved host selection using bandwidth testing and previous hosting data has been added."

It should have been like that in the first place...[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that. I haven't come across a game that was unplayable after they did that.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It certainly plays a lot better than it did. I just wish they didn't add more range to the shotty. I just wish this was the game they shipped on day one.[/QUOTE]

As much as I loved Gears 2 anyway I would have played it non stop if it was like this day one.

Accomplished something meaningful today: fixed my computer chair. The back part of it wasn't quite in place and was wobbling a bit... it's amazing how getting that part taken care of is the difference between complete comfort and backbreaker.

Also finally got my undergrad's registrar's office to quit trying to fuck me over. They sent my law school a transcript that showed me having not earned a degree, and that didn't go over too well. Made sure those morons had that shit straightened out, had both my majors listed, and had one of my grades fixed that was inaccurate... all of which were problems. Hopefully that's everything.

[quote name='whoknows']Am I the only one who didn't buy SC2?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not interested in it at all.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I still see SC2 as Soul Calibur 2[/QUOTE]

You too?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Too much effort.

If I have to update my shit manually every time I decide to play a game, no sale.

If it somehow knew what I was playing on PSN or 360 by using my gamertag? Maybe.[/QUOTE]

I think it does. It definitely does for pc games, looks like it for xbox, but Haven't been able to figure it out for PS3, since it doesn't want to connect using my psn credentials.

No Starcraft 2 for me either, I'm just so terrible at RTS games that I can't have any fun playing them except for the single player and then everybody makes fun of you for not ever playing multiplayer... plus I also suck at single player.

[quote name='icebeast']No Starcraft 2 for me either, I'm just so terrible at RTS games that I can't have any fun playing them except for the single player and then everybody makes fun of you for not ever playing multiplayer... plus I also suck at single player.[/QUOTE]

If Starcraft 2 had all 3 campaigns on 1 disc, I might be interested in it for $40 or so.

But all Terran single player and nobody I played the original with still plays... so what's the point?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not interested in Starcraft 2 because I'm not a fan of RTSs and battle.net was broken in the first game when I got the battle chest.[/QUOTE]

Should of played on iCCup lol, no competitive players actually use battle.net anymore.

iCCup has thousands on at a time though. We should totally get GGT in on some Brood War games :bouncy:

So far I'm hearing mixed reactions on the campaign. I hear it's incredibly cheesy, but there's a lot of variety in the mission objectives (plus Medics

Well to be fair I'm sure there are some pro players who might just blow through the campaign without ever losing; so it is possible that a normal human being would actually take longer, and someone like me would only stand a chance with cheats... also if they have difficulties maybe they played it on easy.

Seems starcraft 2 isn't as popular in here as I thought it would be. I figured it would be like FFXIII where everybody was going ape shit.

[quote name='icebeast']Well to be fair I'm sure there are some pro players who might just blow through the campaign without ever losing; so it is possible that a normal human being would actually take longer, and someone like me would only stand a chance with cheats... also if they have difficulties maybe they played it on easy.[/QUOTE]

I doubt most pros touch the campaign =p

In all seriousness though, Starcraft is fundamentally a cookie-cutter RTS, and SC2 has been made to be even more accessible. You mine minerals and build units that look cool. All the deep strategies, micro, macro, and mind games are for competitive players to worry about.

Just play campaign and whatever custom game under the sun those people create.

[quote name='distgfx']Seems starcraft 2 isn't as popular in here as I thought it would be. I figured it would be like FFXIII where everybody was going ape shit.[/QUOTE]

I drove from Chicago to California just to get a beta key and shake the hands of some pro players at Blizzcon. Played the hell out of the beta and was ultimately let down.

Still a fine game in every aspect, but I think it's missing some of the magic that probably would of caused world peace by now at its release.

[quote name='distgfx']Seems starcraft 2 isn't as popular in here as I thought it would be. I figured it would be like FFXIII where everybody was going ape shit.[/QUOTE]

weirdly enough, i'd rather torture myself with FFXIII than try to learn an RTS.

I'm gonna hold off a couple weeks until I pick up SC2 and keep an eye out for a deal. In the meantime, I started playing thru the SC1 campaign. Halfway thru the Terran campaign already.

Never play SC1 ninja?

It's pretty much a perfect game to start with (and end with), and you learn how to play right away, first few missions teach you really well.
It's not like other esoteric PC games that have you scratching your head for a long time as you learn to play.

EDIT: Multiplayer is fun with people you know, but I strongly prefer the SP campaign.
I won't ever play with random people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never finished SC1 either. Only played multiplayer back then. I won't buy 2 until I finish 1.

On tangientially-activision related good things - I love how you can enter your old starcraft/diablo/wc3 cd keys into battle.net and download the games without paying anything.

Imagine, rewarding your customers instead of gauging them for every penny they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back