GGT #32, plain and simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jer7583']On tangientially-activision related good things - I love how you can enter your old starcraft/diablo/wc3 cd keys into battle.net and download the games without paying anything.

Imagine, rewarding your customers instead of gauging them for every penny they have.[/QUOTE]

I do like that. Hmm, maybe I should buy it just to support that business model.

I'll get SC2 once all the single player campaigns are out and they get bundled into a battle chest. I don't really care about playing it online.

Did you guys see Section 8 for 5 dollars on Amazon? (PS3 version)

Anyone else in the GGT interested in picking it up? I know it is supposedly mediocre, but that is a price that no one can really complain about and might be a nice game for all of us to get and play together. Just a thought.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Did you guys see Section 8 for 5 dollars on Amazon? (PS3 version)

Anyone else in the GGT interested in picking it up? I know it is supposedly mediocre, but that is a price that no one can really complain about and might be a nice game for all of us to get and play together. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Would be a nice price if it weren't sold out, lol.

A cheap mediocre shooter?
Let's just play Gears or MW2 online together.

/smug

Nah, but a Gears 2 GGT night would be nice, I still have mine.

i got rid of my gears 2 copy but i have my cousins copy since his 360 is broken and he isnt planning on getting a new one anytime soon

i have all fronts

also if anyone still has re5 i just picked up the gold edition(360) so im up for some co op

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i got rid of my gears 2 copy but i have my cousins copy since his 360 is broken and he isnt planning on getting a new one anytime soon

i have all fronts

also if anyone still has re5 i just picked up the gold edition(360) so im up for some co op[/QUOTE]

Did you get it for $20? I wish I could've gotten in on that deal.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Did you get it for $20? I wish I could've gotten in on that deal.[/QUOTE]

yep!
it seems its the sale price all around the bay area and i got last copy at the target i went to :D

[quote name='DarkNessBear']heyyyyyyyyyyyy

wow I drank a lot tonight...[/QUOTE]

Same here... had some amazing korean food I never knew existed at a friends house then had 6 beers and wisky... and on top of that I'm doing ebay listings for a friend while he's mixing music in his bachelor pad... pretty awesome. anyone want a 12" chewbacca?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Did you guys see Section 8 for 5 dollars on Amazon? (PS3 version)

Anyone else in the GGT interested in picking it up? I know it is supposedly mediocre, but that is a price that no one can really complain about and might be a nice game for all of us to get and play together. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

I have $10 amazon credit but I was planning to use it on Valk Chronicles on PSP

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Same here... had some amazing korean food I never knew existed at a friends house then had 6 beers and wisky... and on top of that I'm doing ebay listings for a friend while he's mixing music in his bachelor pad... pretty awesome. anyone want a 12" chewbacca?[/QUOTE]

Yeaaaa Tuesdayyy! You are a multitasking drinker... The only thing I can do is lay on the floor.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yeaaaa Tuesdayyy! You are a multitasking drinker... The only thing I can do is lay on the floor.[/QUOTE]

I want to do that but the guy i'm doing it for got me drunk... started the night talking about spiritual handjobs and then off to ebay while having a sore throat >_<

I want to sleep but this is a good gig...

So long story short: I spent most of last night deleting games, installing a new hard drive, installing StarCraft 2, and updating video card drivers. Guess what I didn't get to play!

Today, though...

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I did, it's currently on it's way over to mi casa.[/QUOTE]

I want it, but I just dropped $20 on FF13 so I don't really have $30 to drop on BB:CS.

[quote name='dallow']Never play SC1 ninja?

It's pretty much a perfect game to start with (and end with), and you learn how to play right away, first few missions teach you really well.
It's not like other esoteric PC games that have you scratching your head for a long time as you learn to play.

EDIT: Multiplayer is fun with people you know, but I strongly prefer the SP campaign.
I won't ever play with random people.[/QUOTE]

I played the campaign for an evening once, made it through some chapters. It was okay, but not really anything I'm compelled to play. RTS just isn't for me.

and if everyone wants a cheap ass shooter to play, UT3 for the PS3 is about $4 used at EB/GS right now. It's probably much better than Section 8. If people were into it, I'd snag a copy to play. No headset though :(

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I did, it's currently on it's way over to mi casa.[/QUOTE]

cool, i just picked it up. exchanged Tekken 6 (sorry chac!)

[quote name='ninja dog']I played the campaign for an evening once, made it through some chapters. It was okay, but not really anything I'm compelled to play. RTS just isn't for me.

and if everyone wants a cheap ass shooter to play, UT3 for the PS3 is about $4 used at EB/GS right now. It's probably much better than Section 8. If people were into it, I'd snag a copy to play. No headset though :(

cool, i just picked it up. exchanged Tekken 6 (sorry chac!)[/QUOTE]

Wow, Tekken 6 still sells at GS for $40?

I picked up UT3, it's a great shooter. I've played it a few times, much, MUCH better than Section 8.

Edit: Rumored full list of MvC3 looks AWESOME!

[quote name='ninja dog']anyone get BBCS for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

According to the tracking mine is coming tomorrow. :)

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I may pick up UT3, I think it has trophy support doesn't it?

Also, go vote GGTers http://casting.thetester.com/Cheska19[/QUOTE]

It does now. There use to be a cag night for it. We might start it up again since a few people want to play it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I picked up UT3, it's a great shooter. I've played it a few times, much, MUCH better than Section 8.

Edit: Rumored full list of MvC3 looks AWESOME![/QUOTE]

Which one -- there's been rumours since day one.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow, Tekken 6 still sells at GS for $40?[/QUOTE]

$26 used, so i had to pay the diff

I'm seeing a lot of support for UT3 here. I'll probably pick up a copy tomorrow or friday...

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I picked up UT3, it's a great shooter. I've played it a few times, much, MUCH better than Section 8.

Edit: Rumored full list of MvC3 looks AWESOME![/QUOTE]

I've had UT3 since it came out. Most people hated it,but I use to play it a lot and really enjoyed it. I would say its worth 4.49 at gamestop easy. I bought Section 8 since it was cheap. I still haven't played it yet.

Just out of curiosity does no one play Uncharted 2 online? I'll pick up UT3 if everyone wants to play, but I'm not a big fan of FPS, and I'm not as good at them as TPS.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Just out of curiosity does no one play Uncharted 2 online? I'll pick up UT3 if everyone wants to play, but I'm not a big fan of FPS, and I'm not as good at them as TPS.[/QUOTE]

I still do at random times. I played it last night for about 2 hours. You wasn't around. Then I saw you playing it when I started downloading Section 8. ;)

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Just out of curiosity does no one play Uncharted 2 online? I'll pick up UT3 if everyone wants to play, but I'm not a big fan of FPS, and I'm not as good at them as TPS.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

i don't have money to drop on Uncharted.

pretty much only offering UT3 because it's $4. :lol: but I might also get a copy of RE5 Gold for very cheap-- i've never played Versus mode in that before.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']It's true, I always liked Gears more than Halo.[/QUOTE]

I always have too. I was never a Halo person. I like Halo way better than the Call Of Duty games,but that isn't saying much. To be honest Gears 3 is the reason I still have my 360. I've played Resident Evil 5 VS mode. It isn't to great its basically the same as mercenaries except its 2 vs 2 and you can kill the other team.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']It's true, I always liked Gears more than Halo.[/QUOTE]

Not laughing at the assertion. I've always liked gears more than halo... and probably about on par with call of duty, but only for the MW games. Gears was better than w@w, from my perspective.

I was laughing at your apparent serious request for people playing Uncharted 2 MP TDM. I tried both betas and the finished product... and I thought it was a gigantic waste of development's time. The coop type horde mode was okay, but the regular deathmatch? If I want a 3rd person cover shooter, I'll bust out an xbox 360 with gears, even with all the glitches and host advantage and everything bad anyone's said about it before I'd settle for Uncharted 2's TDM. :lol:

UT3 for $4.50 is pretty good. Too bad its the ps3 version. I hate playing both shooters and online games on ps3.

[quote name='jer7583']UT3 for $4.50 is pretty good. Too bad its the ps3 version. I hate playing both shooters and online games on ps3.[/QUOTE]

If Sony would just redesign those sticks, people like you and I may come around (keyword: may.) I mean ergonomically, they leave much to be desired and they haven't changed (as far as I can tell) since they were introduced on the PS1. What's up with that?!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Uncharted 2 MP was fun, if you are not a douche you'll find some fun in it.

And where the hell is that rumored list of MVC3?[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm a douche then, unless you count the one round I played where everyone had Rocket Launchers with infinte ammo on the snow map. That was kind of fun.

I think he means this list:

amaterasu
ryu
chun
bison
volnutt
roll
zero
chris
wesker
dante
trish
morrigan
felicia
joe (via silhouettes and t-shirt)
frank
frankalt_chuck
mike
arthur
wolverine
storm
cyclops
magneto
spider
venom
hulk
iron
ironalt_war
america
thor
doom
skrull
strange
dormammu (via t-shirt and 3:05 he blatantly appears in this extended trailer.)
deadpool
marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back