GGT 346 Left Konami to Work at Imageepoch

CAvhmeuVEAAIn3X.png

Miku destroying lives.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1015756

Alright, where to begin...

Back in September 2012 I discovered the then-new game Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f for the Vita. I was already somewhat into rhythm games, and after trying out the demo I instantly fell in love with the game, and imported it on the very next day. Since then I've also got the PS3 version, and then imported the sequel on both platforms the following year, and then quadruple-dipped the game when it got localized, without hesitation. I even became a Hatsune Miku fan in the process, now owning several related merchandise and stuff. Hell, even my current avatar is proof of it.

I always played the game very casually, never pushing myself and never caring about scores. I didn't want to frustrate myself, so I only very rarely played the highest difficulty, and I never took the time to train myself on how to play on a high level. I participated in threads where people were posting their crazy achievements and it didn't affect me at all. I simply didn't care! I was having fun, and that's all that matters, doesn't it?

And then this past January, something happened. I'm not going to go into any detail about exactly what it is, because I don't want to blame anyone but myself for my problem. Anyway, all that matters is that it changed my mindset, in a dramatic way.

I suddenly became self-conscious about my skill level.

It drove me into a nervous breakdown. After more than two years of not caring about skill, I suddenly realized how little progress I had made after all this time. I felt like total, utter shit. I'm already struggling with self-esteem issues on a regular basis, and this sudden realization just crushed me from the inside.

So after picking myself up, I told myself "let's git gud, then", rolled up my sleeves, and started working on it.

Did I make any progress? Yes, I did. But it's never enough. I feel like I have two years of work to catch up on, which is completely unrealistic and pushes me to frustration and exhaustion, but I can't stop obsessing about it.

Over the past three months, playing the game has been nothing but an unpleasant chore to me. I've screamed and cursed at the screen countless times, like an angry 12 year old playing Call of Duty. I even went as far as throwing my PS3 controller a few times, which is something that had previously never happened to me as an adult. (My controller somehow still works fine, BTW. Good job Sony.)

I know I should stop playing the game. But I can't. I just can't give up, because then I would only consider myself a loser who has given up, and further destroy my self-confidence. Yeah, I know, it's just a stupid video game so why should it matter so much? But it does. I'm just too emotionally invested so far. I tried taking breaks multiple times, but I always break down after a few days and start playing again, because I can't stop thinking about it.

This past weekend I gave myself the goal of clearing this particularly difficult song that I had yet to beat. I obsessively played the game for almost the entire weekend, discarding everything else. But in the end I didn't even succeed. I came close a bunch of times but never quite reached the passing score, which was soul crushing. This morning I just called sick, because I feel so messed up about it that I can't go to work today.

I should probably seek psychiatric help. But I feel extremely embarrassed talking about it. I haven't mentioned it to any family member yet because I fear that they would not understand. I briefly talked about it to some of my friends but I didn't want to annoy them with it so I didn't push too much. They told me to stop worrying about it, which is of course what I should do, but I wouldn't be going through all this if I could.

I don't really know what to do now.

I like how so many people in that thread just tell him to uninstall the game. The game isn't the problem. That guy has a serious problem with his self esteem (and is probably obsessive compulsive) and they're just focusing on their insecurities in the game instead of working on them in all the other places that they present themselves. The big event they left out was probably that they were cheated on or left for someone they felt were superior to them and as such now feel an unhealthy compulsion to better themselves, but fear of everything makes it seem like Miku is the safest way to go about bettering themselves. They should really try to get help, because if they seriously just called out sick because of the way the game made them feel then they're probably not far off from one of those crazy play until you're so exhausted you die deaths that happen from time to time.

Lets talk about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hwEGjnl3aiU

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloodborne's looking pretty swank.
I know, right?

Shame Amazon's release day delivery isn't really release day delivery.

What is it with the games I consider system-sellers being cursed when I actually try to buy and play them?

It happened with MGS4... and now it's happening with Bloodborne.

Damn it.

Wow that new DMC 4 trailer. Trish,lady and vergil will be playable. Also sounds like they re-recorded dialogue lines with each specific character

I'm going to platinum THE fuck out of DMC4SE.

S-rank all missions on all difficulties? Turbo mode: ACTIVATED

I ain't even gonna cry if they don't fix the proud soul mechanic or orb finding. ALL WORK IS EASY WORK

DMC4SE is looking pretty sweet.  I need a PS4. I think I may buy one on June 12, cause that's when I bought my first PS3 (back in 2008) and it'll be like a reunion because now I'm reading old GGTs from 7 years ago and feeling nostalgic about getting a PS3 and playing in HD for the first time and so I'm "liking" posts from GGT #42 loves Miku! which was just a few months before I got my PS3 and now I've noticed there's a "guest" who is also viewing the same 7-year old thread and I'm getting nervous and thinking maybe I've drank one too many Rockstar energy drinks tonight or maybe the ghost of Inufaye is haunting the same old GGT and damn I need to stop but if I got a PS4 its not as big a deal as going from SD to HD so I'm worried I won't get those same feels but not that I'm really care its just I don't know I think I should be getting as interested in playing DMC4 again but that shit's 7 years old and that makes me feel old but who cares I'm gonna keep drinking Rockstars and playing crappy games and oh well back to "liking" 7-year old posts but yeah GGT still loves Miku right?

Remember when I used to go back to GGTs a year ago and post all the best post that were made on that day.

Good times remembering Good times.

Remember when you used to post those videos about that girl whatshername?

Good times.
Like, I even remember that and I wasn't in the GGT most of the time back then.

Every time I would check a GGT, half the thread would be that nonsense, so...

Dare I say her name?

Argh, hope I haven't jinxed myself and will be compelled to leave again.

She reminded me of Magibon tho. Not saying if that's good/bad/whatever but I'd never know about her and other things if the GGT didn't inform me on that stuff which is kinda like the k-pop vids and some of them are good but I do prefer the j-pop so the GGT can be a learning experience in general and that's gotta be a plus.

bread's done
Back