GGT 351 Is Rereleasing Every GGT With "GGT REply"

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-3P0 rocking the new left red arm

ep7-128464-1377-1378-11.jpg

OH MY GOSH! I have a crazy theory about the new star wars, its probably been discussed but

So we know Kylo ren is Sith or Jedi, based solely on his lightsaber. Now his real name isnt Kylo Ren his name comes from him being part of the Knights of Ren. The Knights of Ren could be a Jedi council similar to the past orders. Now what if he is a skywalker!? Think about it, in the trailer Luke is speaking to someone and tells them they have the force. What if Kylo Ren was Luke's Son? He went to the dark side similar to how vader was Luke's father and on the dark side. Luke taught him everything he knew but he went seeking more and found vaders remains. As well as finding out Luke has been hiding this info from him. He learned of vader and the empire. He saw the power and wanted it so he became almost an image of vader but learned from vaders mistakes. He recruitied the New Order. Luke in desperate need to stop him seeks out the help of Han. He hasnt seen him for years and he ask him of his daughter who had the potential of using the force but Han who was against decided she not tap into these powers (hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid) it is when Luke meets Rey, Han solo's daughter, she has strong potential and Luke convinces Han to have him train her. In meeting her he also meets a young man named Finn (freind of Rey) who has great power and similar to him in many ways. New Order discovers this and goes after them. Finn sneaks in the First Order at some point to retrieve something (explain why he is dressed as a Trooper).

My other theory is that kylo ren is darth vaders son or clone. Similar out come though. Learning about his father and becoming him.

Also Rey would Be Leia's Daughter as well probably should have mentioned that.

What do you guys think?

Sorry just a nerd rambling hahahah
Okay, so...
Most people think that Kylo is either Han or Luke's kid. I'm leaning towards Luke and that Rey is Kylo's sister. You raise a good point about the clone thing though. He definitely fits the kind of family appearance with the hair and lean features. So far, I think my favorite fan theory is that Kylo is Han and Leia's son and that he went to the dark side as an effect of learning too much too fast from Luke, which caused him to massacre the other Jedi padawans that Luke was training and is why Luke is now in hiding like Obi Wan was at the beginning of New Hope. Apparently this movie is going to be just a ton of parallels of the past movies, so I fully expect that one of the original cast will die at the end of it. Probably Han.

I heard that Finn is actually a Storm Trooper that just bugs out on his first day. I don't know how true that actually is, but I like the sound of him.

it's lego batman who the fuck cares
I dooooo. I think Galifinakis is an interesting addition to the cast. But really, we know this doesn't matter.

That's pretty much what everybody said about it so I don't understand why you needed to prove it to yourself.

Even Zeki didn't go watch it.

yet
Because it was a comic book movie of a main Marvel property, so I felt like I needed to see it.

Plus, I've seen all the other FF movies in theatres.

Even the Roger Corben one.

Fantastic Four are awful characters. Making a good Fantastic Four movie is as impossible as making a good Thor movie.
I disagree with all of that.

They could have Kat Dennings play her, you're acting like there is only one female in the movies.
Those would be some straight up god-tier tits in that costume.

Anyways, Fantastic 4 was ridic. Major spoilers in the spoilers.

The first half of the movie wasn't bad. Decently acted and made sense for the most part. However, the parts that were clearly reshoots and pasted in were jarring and it quickly became obvious which parts of the film were shot at entirely different times. Not enough focus was given on Ben and Reed's relationship and they never really gave enough focus on any of the characters to make them seem like they were real. This would have made more sense as it was originally conceived as a found footage piece (ala Chronicle), but as it was just a regular movie it made the story feel undernourished. The tone for the movie changes entirely too quickly at about the halfway point where Doctor Doom is retrieved from the Negative Zone (Planet 0? That is fucking stupid and unnecessary). They bring him in to study him, but seem to take none of the precautions that they most likely took with the rest of the group and it seems really fucking obvious that he just went crazy from isolation and they didn't know how to handle it. His powers made no goddamn sense and he killed literally everyone associated with the Fantastic 4 project (except the titular heroes) in a single scene and then we're treated to a super protracted fight in the N-Zone in which the Fantastic 4 kill him and then they're given a government funded think tank of their own for NO DISCERNIBLE REASON. How the fuck does that make any sort of sense? I know they're saying this takes place in an alternate universe, so some things are allowed to be different, but it just doesn't make sense that the U.S. Government would give them that kind of special treatment. How did they have so much buildup and then end the movie in 15 minutes? I don't even understand how a movie could be this sloppy. It's almost like they had no story or history to pull from to make it better.

Things I hated: Ridiculous change in tone, Doctor Doom, Kate Mara's wig/hair transformations (couldn't even get the length right?), lack of makeup on Miles Teller (yes, I guess he is a nerd because he has zits), lack of story.

Things I loved: The Thing, everyone getting their powers.

I feel like the only thing they really got halfway right given that this was the Ultimate version of the Thing was the version that this character was based on and they nailed it for me. Clearly, I am in the minority, but I thought he was the one enjoyable part of the movie despite the fact that there was almost none of him. The scene where everyone got their powers made kind of sense since they basically said it was like the Fly and that everyone pretty much just bonded with different stuff during teleportation. Doesn't make sense for Reed, doe.

After that, I think Marvel really needs to take it back and either make it a Netflix original series (there's just too much to cover in movies) or make movies and handle it like Ant Man where Reed and the rest of the team are somehow older and they've been able to have all of these really crazy adventures before superheroes were really in the spotlight. I want Reed to be a know it all asshole, Sue to be dumb and popular, Johnny to be dumb and popular, and Ben to be on the verge of suicide at all times.

Okay, so...
Most people think that Kylo is either Han or Luke's kid. I'm leaning towards Luke and that Rey is Kylo's sister. You raise a good point about the clone thing though. He definitely fits the kind of family appearance with the hair and lean features. So far, I think my favorite fan theory is that Kylo is Han and Leia's son and that he went to the dark side as an effect of learning too much too fast from Luke, which caused him to massacre the other Jedi padawans that Luke was training and is why Luke is now in hiding like Obi Wan was at the beginning of New Hope. Apparently this movie is going to be just a ton of parallels of the past movies, so I fully expect that one of the original cast will die at the end of it. Probably Han.

I heard that Finn is actually a Storm Trooper that just bugs out on his first day. I don't know how true that actually is, but I like the sound of him.

Those would be some straight up god-tier tits in that costume.
More star wars stuff
thats really interesting. I havent been reading any theories on the movie. The part I question is Kylo learning to fast. In Empire, Yoda teaches Luke in a very fast manner, I know the training wasnt complete before he left for bespin. If Kylo is Skywalker I feel like he would be very strong to the force. He wouldnt have trouble learning very quick. Im not sure how they will explain other Jedi, so there being a group of padawans doesnt sound likely. Again Im not sure.

Han being killed would probably destroy everyone. They could have a nod to the extended universe and kill off Chewbacca but its most likely Luke or Han. Luke would make more sense, since everyone would question why this powerful Jedi cant destroy Kylo. Since Luke was looked as by everyone as the one to bring balance to the force. So maybe Luke getting destroyed in the same manner as Obi-wan? I hope they dont just copy similar things from previous movies

Kat Dennings, I would see her play Thor.

I'm over boat thor. Boats sink. The Titanic did which mean they all can.
You dont get it, so imagine a boat, okay have that picture. Now give it a cape. Okay stick with me, give it a hammer and BOOM THOR BOAT!

Oooooooo Kat Dennings can voice the boat thor! But we can have her in the movie as the love interest. We can just have her as every character. Cool? Cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean the part where you'd rather talk about Kat Dennings instead of playing PSO with me?

No, I got that without having to read your edit.

Joel your account is made.

Here's shit that's important I guess.

Configuring a gamepad:
Notes: The gamepad must be plugged in before launching the client.
You must be logged into the game (e.g. be in control of your character) to access control configuration.

Press Home on the Keyboard
Choose Options
Choose Pad Button Config
Set the face buttons to the corresponding action
Set prev/next page buttons to left and right bumper
Set open menu to start

Gamepad controls after Config:
Move: Analog
Change selection in menu: D-pad:
Action buttons: Face buttons
Center camera: left bumper
switch action palette: right bumper

Notes:
I highly recommend you use windowed mode as fullscreen mode has issues when alt-tabbing.

Config:
Extract NeoPSO.zip to a location of your choosing then navigate to that location.
Important If you want to use a widescreen resolution run launcher.exe, if you want to use the original 4:3 resolution run online.exe
Click Options and configure your settings, if using launcher.exe click advanced settings too.
Reccommended: Choose Save UserID/Password from the config to speed up login.

Logging in:
Choose Start Game from either launcher.exe or online.exe.
At the main menu choose Register UserID
Type you username/password
Go back to the menu and choose start game.
Press enter on the patch screen.

Beginner Guide By Geminosit
Some Great Tips by nicoga3000

Joel your account is made.

Here's shit that's important I guess.
Cool cool, will set everything up today. You just need to give the go ahead when we are doing it, maybe start a skype group so we can communicate it better.

Also D23 starts tomorrow! KINGDOM HEARTS NEWS!!!!

tumblr_static_tumblr_mg6kn0clhh1r8pihto1_500.gif

kingdom-hearts-3-teacups.gif

TEA CUPS!!!

Is that first gif from the new game?

Is that Aqua?

Am I now interested?
The gif is from Kingdom Hearts 3D. If you played the games you would see how important Aqua is to the Kingdom Hearts universe. If it wasnt for her a lot of bad things would have happened. She is an awesome character so you should be interested.

Don't you have to get the special ending or read wikipedia or visit youtube to see what happens to her?
Yeah.... kingdom hearts not going to let you see the story that easily. Their secret endings are always awesome but require to do a bunch to get them. I always did everything pretty much so it wasnt a big deal for me but It could be annoying for others.

Thats what I was trying to pretty much to say to nate without being rude and assuming he knew what became of her. The story's are something that can be a bit confusing, especially if you miss like one game on a handheld system.

She's hanging out on the beach with Ansem talking about Sora and/or Darkness cuz that's all anybody does in that series.

It's not that hard to understand.

I downloaded PSO and am ready to play, I think. I still need to configure a controller, though. I was planning on doing that, but I couldn't get my character to move so I couldn't figure out how to actually set up my controls.

So, like.... 

I don't know how to really explain this, but apparently I never finished Peace Walker. 

At least not all of it. My memories on it are pretty hazy, but apparently I just co-oped the last few levels with a friend and forgot so I remember the end of the game, but not really anything else. I am playing it now on PS3 and fuuuuck, this game is good. I am a monster on the battlefield.

I feel like not playing MGSV at release, but I don't really want spoilers so I probably will.

Also Kiefer Sutherland still sucks. I'm glad he died in Pompeii.

I feel like not playing MGSV at release, but I don't really want spoilers so I probably will.

Also Kiefer Sutherland still sucks. I'm glad he died in Pompeii.
Honestly, after trying to play Ground Zeroes last night and realizing that game makes me sad, I don't really want to play V at release either. But I will, because I love MGS, dammit. Kiefer is fucking awful as a voice actor. I hope he talks more in the main game. it'd make me so sad for BB to not talk like he does in the other games just because they couldn't afford Kiefer to say everything.

I fucking hate him pretty much just because of this. I remember telling my girlfriend all about this series when we first met and about how I loved it and how despite the silly dramatics of it that I thought it was the best game series for me because of the messages that I felt were conveyed in each one. Like a week later I showed her the video this is from as an introduction to what is likely to be the big end to my favorite game series of all time and she still can't stop fucking laughing at how ridiculous this looks. Only time I've ever felt betrayed by Kojima. Then again, I am talking about a series where a character almost always has the squirts.

If Kojima was fired over hiring Kiefer Sutherland it would be well deserved.
i don't agree with that completely, but I definitely think there is some truth to that. More likely it's because he used so much money to make Ground Zeroes.

Konami was like "So we heard Kiefer Sutherland as Snake in that one trailer and we're going to have to let you go for making such a terrible decision"

I downloaded PSO and am ready to play, I think. I still need to configure a controller, though. I was planning on doing that, but I couldn't get my character to move so I couldn't figure out how to actually set up my controls.
Make sure the controller is plugged in before launching the title. When you start up the game you will choose to create a character. Use arrow keys and ENTER BUTTON to select and choose things, once you are in control of your character. Press the HOME button on your keyboard. It will pop up with a menu, one option should be to configure game pad. From there just configure it. Use enter to and arrows to select, and press buttons that you want for the game. (Press ENTER and then the button on the controller)

Side note - there will be an option for buttons such as left, right, center etc. Depending on what type of controller being used it will correspond with the bottons if they are shapped in a diamond pattern. Like Playstation style contoller would be-

Center - X
Right- O
Left - □
Top - /_\

Hope this helps a bit

If you have any questions you can use the "PSO Group Chat" on Skype. Nate, I or someone else can talk you through it

The audio logs in GZ weren't terrible and he talks a ton in those.

Regardless, I'm still waiting for the long con to play out.

I'd be lying if I said the whole conflict with Kojima and Konami hasn't soured me on the series. It has. I am nowhere near as excited for MGS V as I was two years ago.

In all seriousness, I always thought Big Boss/Naked Snake should have had a different voice actor than Solid Snake. Maybe not Sutherland, but someone besides Hayter. My main reason for this is I wished they would remake the original Metal Gear game (the MSX2 game) in the style of the current Solid games, with full voice acting. If they did, and Hayter had to do both voices, can you imagine how awkward and confusing it would have been to have had the same actor doing both voices that sound exactly the same when they spoke with one another?

I never liked Sutherland until 24. I loved 24. Don't care for anything else Kiefer has done but 24 was good.

Make sure the controller is plugged in before launching the title. When you start up the game you will choose to create a character. Use arrow keys and ENTER BUTTON to select and choose things, once you are in control of your character. Press the HOME button on your keyboard. It will pop up with a menu, one option should be to configure game pad. From there just configure it. Use enter to and arrows to select, and press buttons that you want for the game. (Press ENTER and then the button on the controller)

Side note - there will be an option for buttons such as left, right, center etc. Depending on what type of controller being used it will correspond with the bottons if they are shapped in a diamond pattern. Like Playstation style contoller would be-

Center - X
Right- O
Left - □
Top - /_\

Hope this helps a bit

If you have any questions you can use the "PSO Group Chat" on Skype. Nate, I or someone else can talk you through it
Yeah, I did all of that, but as soon as I get into the actual game nothing works on my keyboard or controller for movement at all. Only thing I could do was alt+tab out to my desktop.

Yeah, I did all of that, but as soon as I get into the actual game nothing works on my keyboard or controller for movement at all. Only thing I could do was alt+tab out to my desktop.
There was something nate posted about playing in windowed view, maybe try that.

Also Lost Boys, all I am going to say.

I'd be lying if I said the whole conflict with Kojima and Konami hasn't soured me on the series. It has. I am nowhere near as excited for MGS V as I was two years ago.

In all seriousness, I always thought Big Boss/Naked Snake should have had a different voice actor than Solid Snake. Maybe not Sutherland, but someone besides Hayter. My main reason for this is I wished they would remake the original Metal Gear game (the MSX2 game) in the style of the current Solid games, with full voice acting. If they did, and Hayter had to do both voices, can you imagine how awkward and confusing it would have been to have had the same actor doing both voices that sound exactly the same when they spoke with one another?

I never liked Sutherland until 24. I loved 24. Don't care for anything else Kiefer has done but 24 was good.
They could have just used the guy they used for MGS4 for those games.

Also, I don't want those games.

Also, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpRkT9JxdnE

Looks like you made a character. So the game is responding to whatever you used when you made the character, don't see why it wouldn't work in the actual game.

Try hitting F11 to switch keyboard modes if the wasd keys don't move you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back