GGT 357 Gets Revisited By Some Old Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older you get, the more you miss the good ol' days. Do you all think you'll still be playing video games when you're old as fuck and in your retirement? Nowadays its kinda rare for 65+ year-olds to be playing much video games, but when our generations get there, I suppose that will be different.

The older you get, the more you miss the good ol' days. Do you all think you'll still be playing video games when you're old as fuck and in your retirement? Nowadays its kinda rare for 65+ year-olds to be playing much video games, but when our generations get there, I suppose that will be different.
True, I figure I'm doomed to old age now. Bleh.

I plan on continuing to play at least Nintendo games until I die. I hope to still be able to play Tekken when I'm 60, but arthritis runs in my family and with my younger siblings already being diagnosed with it, I'm beginning to be doubtful that I will live long without it wreaking havoc on my hands.

I wonder if I'll even make it to old age, or if I even want to.

Unrelated I tried playing Sunset Overdrive last night and it was installing for like 5 minutes before I just turned it off. I've already played the game before so wtf. Mo, explain this.

I wonder if I'll even make it to old age, or if I even want to.

Unrelated I tried playing Sunset Overdrive last night and it was installing for like 5 minutes before I just turned it off. I've already played the game before so wtf. Mo, explain this.
I bet you will. I want you to be super ancient. LIke Godzilla.

I think that's just Sunset Overdrive being a shitty game.

Or the Xbone being a shitty console. It doesn't feel like they finished with the UI and it's been 2 years.

I've regretted it at least once a day since I've gotten it. At least I can play Tomb Raider when I have some time though. Mainly wanted it for that and Ikaruga BC. MS seems to be doing to the Xbone what Sony did to the Vita, so I'm not holding my breath for many great exclusives after the few they've already announced.

You uninstalled it or played offline last time and didn't get the update, also you keep saying bad things about the system so it hates you back. It's really a super easy to navigate UI, I like it much more then the PS4 stuff, especially for apps and such, so many features in the PS4 UI are in weird places to find,

I think that's just Sunset Overdrive being a shitty game.
It was an alright game, it was unique at least, I had fun playing through it once but don't think I would play it again.

You uninstalled it or played offline last time and didn't get the update, also you keep saying bad things about the system so it hates you back. It's really a super easy to navigate UI, I like it much more then the PS4 stuff, especially for apps and such, so many features in the PS4 UI are in weird places to find,
I did neither of those things.

I did neither of those things.
You might have played it when it was "Ready to play" then when you turned it off it never finished installing since you said you weren't going to use instant on, I've never had that problem with any game though.

I ended up leaving it on instant on, so shouldn't it have taken care of this by itself?

I just turned it on and tried again and it's still installing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost considered buying a 3DS, a New 3DS, or a 2DS but then I said fuck that noise.

#whatifspiderseyescoulddilate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrVegVI0Us

I'm more excited for Independence Day 2

Although they replaced the black guy with a white guy. Is that racist?

Get a Vita, Indig.

For me.

I <3 you all. Digimon has consumed my life, at least on the video game part of my life. It's a crazy good game.
Wife and I have both been playing it, but I don't think either of us has any interest in the actual story. We just want every Digimon ever. Shit's really fun though.

Fire Emblem is still good. Far Cry Primal is consuming me.

Congrats.

I <3 2ds
Thanks! <3

Joel, do you have the trigger grips for your 2DS? It makes the 2DS the best way to play 3DS games.
I don't. I don't really play any games where I use the triggers, but I like the sound of grips!

PC is the only gaming system in my life. I also have a PS4 as an accessory just in case.
I always imagined this was the case for you and Hank. I wonder about how different my life would be if I dedicated myself to the PC.

I start work in a week. I'm pretty anxious about it right now. This will be the first desk job I've ever worked and I really feel the need to prove that I'm great and need to be kept around because I really don't want to go back to retail ever again.

It probably seems a little ridiculous, but this is the best job at the youngest age that anyone in my family has ever had and it's feeling like a lot of pressure to succeed.

Realistically though, I don't think there's a lot I can do to fail at this. It seems really straight forward. I mean, the first five weeks is just training anyways. I just hope I get the morning shift right now so I can still spend time at home with my lady in the evenings.

Game talk: I played a lot of Broforce in the last week. I'm on the last level, but haven't finished yet because it's a long-ass level and keeps sending me back to the beginning instead of saving the progress I made.

That's okay I guess. Can you rank all 9? Thx

What happened to you and Nico?

Say the word. I'm always game.
Will do

Thanks! <3

I don't. I don't really play any games where I use the triggers, but I like the sound of grips!

I always imagined this was the case for you and Hank. I wonder about how different my life would be if I dedicated myself to the PC.

I start work in a week. I'm pretty anxious about it right now. This will be the first desk job I've ever worked and I really feel the need to prove that I'm great and need to be kept around because I really don't want to go back to retail ever again.

It probably seems a little ridiculous, but this is the best job at the youngest age that anyone in my family has ever had and it's feeling like a lot of pressure to succeed.

Realistically though, I don't think there's a lot I can do to fail at this. It seems really straight forward. I mean, the first five weeks is just training anyways. I just hope I get the morning shift right now so I can still spend time at home with my lady in the evenings.

Game talk: I played a lot of Broforce in the last week. I'm on the last level, but haven't finished yet because it's a long-ass level and keeps sending me back to the beginning instead of saving the progress I made.
Even if you don't need the triggers, is amazingly comfy to hold. Like a controller. It's this http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/accessories/2ds-trigger-grips/113622

Are you working at an ATT store or is it like a call center?

What happened to you and Nico?

Will do

Even if you don't need the triggers, is amazingly comfy to hold. Like a controller. It's this http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/accessories/2ds-trigger-grips/113622

Are you working at an ATT store or is it like a call center?
I hadn't seen those before, but I have seen the weird Nerf trigger extenders. I will buy that to give it a try.

It's a call center. Really doesn't sound that bad, just anxious to start and get a feel for the job.

Just finished Broforce. Shit was fun, but good God, that last 2 levels were stupidly difficult with the weird bug that makes the controller go dead 2 seconds into a fresh start.

Thanks! <3

Probably not much different, you would just be more picky about the standards of your ports. Games would be cheaper and you could decide how good you want your hardware to be.

Don't worry about it, they expect you to screw up since you're new. They're making an investment in you because they think you'll be a valuable asset to the company one day.

Maki > Umi > Nico > Rin > Eli > Kotori > Honoka > Hanayo > Nozomi

I hadn't seen those before, but I have seen the weird Nerf trigger extenders. I will buy that to give it a try.

It's a call center. Really doesn't sound that bad, just anxious to start and get a feel for the job.

Just finished Broforce. Shit was fun, but good God, that last 2 levels were stupidly difficult with the weird bug that makes the controller go dead 2 seconds into a fresh start.
Best grip ever. I cant get a new 3ds because 2DS with that grip is just so nice.

Call centers are alright. I've worked at one. Once you get on the phones you'll probably get the hang of it really quickly.

Best grip ever. I cant get a new 3ds because 2DS with that grip is just so nice.

Call centers are alright. I've worked at one. Once you get on the phones you'll probably get the hang of it really quickly.
If it's actually that great, I will need to give it a try. I can't believe I haven't heard more about it by now. I'm still surprised that people are so down on the 2DS. It's my favorite iteration of the system and I have more fun on it than I have on any other handheld I've had. Screen is a little scratched up on mine, which sucks, but I have dropped the thing around a million times and it's still working like a champ.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. <3

Probably not much different, you would just be more picky about the standards of your ports. Games would be cheaper and you could decide how good you want your hardware to be.

Don't worry about it, they expect you to screw up since you're new. They're making an investment in you because they think you'll be a valuable asset to the company one day.

Maki > Umi > Nico > Rin > Eli > Kotori > Honoka > Hanayo > Nozomi
That's a good point. Now that I have a job I will definitely be thinking more about getting a better PC to play things. Is it bad to go for a laptop if you want to play games? I've been wanting a laptop again lately and it would be a nice excuse to seriously upgrade.

Thank you, Rai. I know it's a small thing to say, but that really, really made me feel better. You're the best!

I picked up a new 3DS XL and I figured the second nub/stick would be the thing I wanted the most, but man having 2 extra trigger buttons is amazing, makes these full 3D games so much more playable on the handheld, just wish more stuff would use them, but it's worth it for Monster Hunter alone, figured I would throw this out there since there's all this 2/3DS talk. Plus the red is a really nice looking color. 

I never did get used to the extra shoulder buttons. Good to know they're around, but I'm personally glad they've remained optional buttons up until now. I don't think I can get back there comfortably without some practice.

That's fair, I put like 5 hours into MH4U beforehand and I bought it at launch, just like the PSP versions, it is one of my favorite series by far, but I can't play without the stick/extra buttons. Now that I got the new system this week I'm already at like 30 hours played for it. Camera control is a lot better then using the dpad/touch screen or doing the left trigger tap for me at least, but I know some people don't mind it. 

Yeah, even on the old 3DSXL I needed a circle pad pro to play MH3U. Couldn't do those touch screen controls. New c-nub made me lose like 700 hours to MH4U. Game's so good.

Sad to hear that Akira Tago has passed away. He developed many of the puzzles in the Prof. Layton games. I played 3 of the Layton games and really enjoyed the challenge of many of the puzzles, especially the more unique ones.

I have only played one Professor Layton game, but I enjoyed it. It's sad that such a great puzzle designer has passed. I wish puzzles were still as prevalent in video games as they were in the 90's. That shit was not always fun, but always managed to make me feel like I was having a real experience playing a game.

Next week I start my job and since my girlfriend has been playing a lot of Tekken Tag 2 lately, I went today and redid all of the Tekken Tunes with new music to fit each stage. Made me happy. It'll be fun whenever she ends up playing it and finding out that I changed all the music. 

I'm probably about to play some Fallout 4 or Lego Batman. I've spent a couple of hours today playing Pokemon Blue. Accidentally ran into Articuno and am continually murdering it by accident because it won't get in my fucking pokeballs. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back