GGT 36 is better than anything JSP can come up with

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']some art from the new iphone game I'm workin on. I'm having alot of fun with this ^_^

lasershark.png
[/QUOTE]

Are you using any particular engine for development, or going from scratch? Love the art style.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yo whoknows, I'd be hella down for some Ikaruga. I am not particularly good but I am not horrible.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking about buying ikaruga the other day. Have an itching for a shoot em up.

What do you have in mind seanr?

also, did anyone ever play the relatively obscure PS2 game Adventures of Darwin? I always thought it looked cool and it can be had pretty cheap, but I really don't wanna waste money if I can avoid it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Finished Broken Steel. I actually think it may be my favorite DLC besides Anchorage. I loved calling airstrikes![/QUOTE]

Wow, our taste is really polar opposite -- I thought Anchorage was straight up garbage. :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow, our taste is really polar opposite -- I thought Anchorage was straight up garbage. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Really? Which one was your favorite then? I think the main thing that made me love Anchorage was the snow. It looked amazing to me and it felt really good to go into a different area that wasn't covered in dirt. I didn't like Zeta/Pitt because they kept glitching the fuck out every time I'd try to play them and I haven't really gotten to Point Lookout yet, I'm keeping off until I get to 30.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']What do you have in mind seanr?

also, did anyone ever play the relatively obscure PS2 game Adventures of Darwin? I always thought it looked cool and it can be had pretty cheap, but I really don't wanna waste money if I can avoid it.[/QUOTE]

Just got Tekken 6 for 10.00. Or Castlevania. Halo, CoD, anything really. I even have Ikaruga.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Anchorage was barely even fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Zeta was pretty cool, except it was TOOOOOOO long and got uber repetitive.
Point Lookout was cool but also kind of lame... I liked parts of it.
Broken Steel was probably the best, as it ended the story better and raised the level cap.
Anchorage was lame... it was pretty bland, environment wise, being just snow and bases, and there wasn't much exploration, just VATS to kill people.
The Pitt was pretty lame.

Broken Steel
---
Zeta
---
Lookout
---
Pitt/Anchorage

--

SeanR, I would've played something with you, but apparently I'm not good enough. :(

One of you guys play Ikaruga with me tonight.

And I want to get L4D. Should I get 1 or 2? Also anyone know where I can get a cheap headset? LIke super cheap.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Exactly.

Zeta was pretty cool, except it was TOOOOOOO long and got uber repetitive.
Point Lookout was cool but also kind of lame... I liked parts of it.
Broken Steel was probably the best, as it ended the story better and raised the level cap.
Anchorage was lame... it was pretty bland, environment wise, being just snow and bases, and there wasn't much exploration, just VATS to kill people.
The Pitt was pretty lame.

Broken Steel
---
Zeta
---
Lookout
---
Pitt/Anchorage

--

SeanR, I would've played something with you, but apparently I'm not good enough. :([/QUOTE]

For me it's...

Anchorage
----
Broken Steel
----
Zeta
----
Pitt

I actually love Anchorage for all the reasons you hate it, XDD! This is like the inFamous thing. Lookout I need to try. I did the first mission, but it was too hard at the time. I'll probably go do it sometime this week.

--------------------
Whoknows, you should get L4D2 it's tons better than the first and I've gotten a lot more hours out of it than I did the first. The melee weapons and the better versus just makes the game perfect.

Original Splinter Cell is some hardcore stuff, I'm on the last level and this requires a lot of patience.

WTF? I was looking through my Backloggery and I beat Kameo last year apparently without remembering it. It can't be a fluke because it's on my CAG Completed Games thing to. Wow, I seriously can't even remember finishing that.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Whoknows, you should get L4D2 it's tons better than the first and I've gotten a lot more hours out of it than I did the first. The melee weapons and the better versus just makes the game perfect.[/QUOTE]

Again, disagree. L4D is better than the sequel, no doubts in my mind. I couldn't play the sequel for more than 10 minutes before I decided it wasn't for me and never played again -- I probably put at least 15+ hours into L4D though.

probably. But I'm sure some more people might got back to L4D when the Sacrifice DLC comes out... Not sure how many considering you can actually play it with L4D2 as well.

My copy of Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X along with a special bonus arrived today. :D

I'm playing Star Ocean 4 today. Put another hour into the game....may play later today.

My place is starting to turn into an Anime/RPG haven due to all the anime/JRPG figures, wall scrolls, pictures, etc. I've been buying.

I've been playing more Ass's Creed 2 today, just murdering fuckers. Now I disarm guards, drop their weapon, and settle the fight like gentlemen, bare handed style. It's like playing Double Dragon.

I played enough of L4D 1 and 2 to form my opinion of "It's the same shit, different day." L4D2 should've just been an expansion, not full priced.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm sure I'll get both eventually.

Do people still play the first one online even? Whats the difference between 1 and 2?[/QUOTE]

4-5 new maps.
Melee weapons.
Like 3 new special infected.

I think that's the gist of it anyway. I played the first act of the first campaign and the weapons felt clunky, the movement felt off -- like I was trudging through molasses or something... and it just wasn't good to me.

*shrug*

Most definitely not worth the full retail they were charging either. $20 DLC at best, if they hadn't fucked up the flow.

I don't really like Left For Dead, but then again I generally don't like games with zombies.

I've been playing Katamari Forever though, and sheesh some of those levels are hard to get a high score on o_O

Just wrapped up Splinter Cell. It was cool to see how the series got started (I began with Chaos Theory), but at times it was really annoying--cheap AI, unclear goals, etc. But still, had a lot of fun despite some spots just being totally aggravated. Now I just need Pandora Tomorrow and I'll have gone through all of the series except the GBA games/DS/N-Gage ports (though I still haven't finished the next-gen Double Agent. That game is bad).

Unless something else turns up I think I'll give the Lara Croft game a try in a bit.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Again, disagree. L4D is better than the sequel, no doubts in my mind. I couldn't play the sequel for more than 10 minutes before I decided it wasn't for me and never played again -- I probably put at least 15+ hours into L4D though.[/QUOTE]
Did you play with people that are good? Maybe you'd like it more with people who know their way around and stuff.

I really think the second is better overall. The new areas, weapons, and the characters just make the game fantastic. The bits of stories they throw your way and the new infected make for a blast. Versus mode in the second game is fuckin' great compared to the first, too! I've easily spent 100+ hours each in both of the L4Ds and L4D2 is the one that I thoroughly enjoyed more, mainly because of the grenade launcher and Versus. The DLC is great, too, L4D2's DLC is probably the best DLC I've ever bought. I've probably played it at least 20 times. Basically, whoknows, if you love L4D's kind of gameplay and story and have people to play with you (it's not worth playing alone), you will get your money's worth with L4D2.

Frosty, why did the game feel slow to you? Are you used to the PC version? My friend was used to the PC version of L4D1 and when he made the console switch for L4D2 that was his complaint.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']probably. But I'm sure some more people might got back to L4D when the Sacrifice DLC comes out... Not sure how many considering you can actually play it with L4D2 as well.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? They finally released more news about it? I hope they do allow L4D2 and 1 players to be able to play together, I was hoping I'd be able to do that when the Passing initially came out.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Are you using any particular engine for development, or going from scratch? Love the art style.[/QUOTE]

Thx for the compliment ^_^

I have to talk with my coder but it sounds like its in cocos2d which is what a majority of 2D iphone games run on.

Here's another random thing...

dolph.png

note: the game has nothing to do with dolphins, but more like explosives ... >_<

I'll have a full game screen up in here once more of the assets are finished.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Don't let JSP make the next thread...[/QUOTE]

This. Somebody needs to have a new thread ready to go in a browser tab, the moment it hits 500, make it. :bouncy:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']This. Somebody needs to have a new thread ready to go in a browser tab, the moment it hits 500, make it. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Will do.

Can't we just contact a mod to take away JSP's thread-creation ability? Or at the very least, immediately delete upon creation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back