GGT #40: Gizmo's Great Adventure

[quote name='Mr. Beef']With the exception of Chain of Memories, fuck all the Kingdom Hearts spin-offs.[/QUOTE]I heard BbS is like a mainline KH game, but without a number.

358/2 Days is horrendous. This one is actually somewhat competent. Like TMK said, it is a "mainline" KH game (or at least that's what I've been led to believe). However, the camera is terrible, like Kingdom Hearts 1 terrible. Maybe even Ninja Gaiden terrible.

[quote name='KingBroly']Maybe even Ninja Gaiden terrible.[/QUOTE]

You're a terrible ninja, FEEL OUT YOUR OPPONENT! If you're talking about that one platforming part underground right before the
bone dinosaur
, then I agree.

Ninja Gaiden's platforming and camera aren't that horrible. then again, i've played it 8493759 times....now I wanna play Sigma right now before class. THANKS GUYS i was just getting over the addiction too, I've only done one play through this year.

[quote name='ninja dog']Ninja Gaiden's platforming and camera aren't that horrible. then again, i've played it 8493759 times....now I wanna play Sigma right now before class. THANKS GUYS i was just getting over the addiction too, I've only done one play through this year.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's just that one part that pissed me off.

The more I play the Vanquish demo, the more I like it.

People were kind of right about the Fable 2 ending, I didn't hate it but it was unsatisfying, in the end I
bought the dog back, was there really any other choice? The fact you just get a letter from Rose was a bit of a crock as well.

It wasn't as good as the end of the first one, I'm keeping my pre-order for Fable 3.

[quote name='KingBroly']358/2 Days is horrendous. This one is actually somewhat competent. Like TMK said, it is a "mainline" KH game (or at least that's what I've been led to believe). However, the camera is terrible, like Kingdom Hearts 1 terrible. Maybe even Ninja Gaiden terrible.[/QUOTE]

KH may have had the worst camera (and targeting system) in the history of 3d gaming.
I kept thinking "this needs to have lock on and work like OoT." and it never did. So I finished the game as soon as I could and traded it back to GS.

I thought KH2 was the only one worth mentioning. It was sort of fun, but mired in hours and hours of shitty cutscenes and not that interesting missions.

That part where you fight tons of enemies in that field with squall and cloud was great though.

[quote name='Chacrana']Whoa. The Dreamcast is 11 years old.[/QUOTE]

11 years since I bought that copy of MvC 2 on DC for my birthday.

Happy days.

nah only MvC 1 was available at launch. MvC2 was a few years later.

[quote name='seanr1221']Spiderman is a lot of fun so far. Solid rental.[/QUOTE]

I played for all of 5 minutes before putting it down and deciding to potentially return later... I think I got to the 1st stealth section.

^It blows my mind that they still haven't figured out how to handle the controls and camera work for wall-crawling after all these years. It really doesn't end up being that big of a problem somehow- since you don't do it very often (which is odd, since that's his primary power...).

I'm watching that new Giant Bomb live show and I turned it on as they were playing Snoop Dog on Rock Band. Jeff is doing vocals and John Drake is dancing like an idiot to the music. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm watching that new Giant Bomb live show and I turned it on as they were playing Snoop Dog on Rock Band. Jeff is doing vocals and John Drake is dancing like an idiot to the music. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Lol I caught that as well. Can't wait for them to show off dance central later.

I'm having lunch at what I thought was a family friendly burger place but all the girls are young, wearing daisy dukes, and have revealing tank tops.
I don't know, I don't really like that.

[quote name='dallow']Ok.... This girls ass is literally 12 inches from my face because the tables are close. I almost laughed.[/QUOTE]

Is that a bad thing?

She looked very clean and was very cute. Didn't mind that part too much.

I just don't like being waited on like I'm some stereotypical guy who wants to ogle them. I just wanted the burger as it was Dallas Readers' choice for best burger

Dallas readers are wrong.

[quote name='dallow']She looked very clean and was very cute. Didn't mind that part too much.

I just don't like being waited on like I'm some stereotypical guy who wants to ogle them. I just wanted the burger as it was Dallas Readers' choice for best burger

Dallas readers are wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'll surely oogle a cute ass, especially if it's 12 inches from my face. I have no problem with hot chicks waiting on me, it's just a restaurant and it's just for fun.

Seanr, you giving it away for free? :D Actually, I already have one of those.

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone want my BioShock CE (360)? The big daddy is still in its package.[/QUOTE]

I'd want it for the statue and art book and would promptly sell the game. :oops:

[quote name='gunm']I'll surely oogle a cute ass, especially if it's 12 inches from my face. I have no problem with hot chicks waiting on me, it's just a restaurant and it's just for fun
.[/QUOTE]
Agreed

I'm watching the Big Live Show and the Giantbomb chat is full of creeps. :lol:

Nah, not for free. Whatever a fair price is.

I think Im going to use BlockBuster to my advantage. I gotta stop buying games just because they're cheap or discounted and only buy the ones I really really want, and rent everything else. This way Im not playing 5 games at once.

I barely finish anything anymore :lol:

[quote name='KingBroly']358/2 Days is horrendous. This one is actually somewhat competent. Like TMK said, it is a "mainline" KH game (or at least that's what I've been led to believe). However, the camera is terrible, like Kingdom Hearts 1 terrible. Maybe even Ninja Gaiden terrible.[/QUOTE]I don't trust any of the spinoffs to be good. KH2 fucked up the story so badly, ugh. I don't even know if I wanna play 3 when it eventually gets released.

[quote name='BlueScrote']People still care about KH?

Why hasn't there been an actual console one since last gen?[/QUOTE]The spin-offs are on handhelds; the main games are on consoles.

[quote name='Chacrana']Whoa. The Dreamcast is 11 years old.[/QUOTE]Dreamcast 2 releasing on 11/11/11?

[quote name='jer7583']I thought KH2 was the only one worth mentioning. It was sort of fun, but mired in hours and hours of shitty cutscenes and not that interesting missions.

That part where you fight tons of enemies in that field with squall and cloud was great though.[/QUOTE]KH2 could've been great if they reduced the amount of cutscenes, changed up how you gain experience from each form, and reduce how often you need to use triangle.

But above all else, they should've never made Roxas' prologue take that fucking long. If it wasn't for his bitchin' boss fight against Axel, I would've thrown the game away.

[quote name='dallow']She looked very clean and was very cute. Didn't mind that part too much.

Dallas readers are wrong.[/QUOTE]"Get that ass out of my face and get me my food, consarnit!"

Was the food good Dallow ?

My perception that the food is terrible is what keeps me out of Hooters, I know you weren't in Hooters Dallow, just using that as an example.

[quote name='Mr. Beef'] "Get that ass out of my face and get me my food, consarnit!"[/QUOTE]

"Mr. Dallow, here is your salad. Please toss it for me".

[quote name='Mr. Beef']But above all else, they should've never made Roxas' prologue take that fucking long. If it wasn't for his bitchin' boss fight against Axel, I would've thrown the game away.[/QUOTE]

THAT and that one boss fight at Beast's castle(2nd one I think) were the worst parts of the game. I've heard the boss is even hard on the easier difficulties.

I did manage to beat KH2 on Pride difficulty. The game gives you tons of shit until you finally learn Cure, then it becomes a cakewalk.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I did manage to beat KH2 on Pride difficulty. The game gives you tons of shit until you finally learn Cure, then it becomes a cakewalk.[/QUOTE]
KH2 was always a breeze.... except for that cheap ass boss at Beast's Castle.

Sony is showing Heroes on the Move on the Big Live Show. It looks like the complete opposite of fun.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']You talking about that chandelier boss?[/QUOTE]

I think so. He was wearing an eye patch.

Oh, THAT guy. He was cool (as a character) but yeah, that boss fight was a humongous pain in the ass. I had to have Mickey revive me a couple of times during that fight.

KH2 ruined the story, made a "fix everything button" with Triangle, and made people go through a fucking stress test in the form of a non-skippable one hour long prologue.

But for everything it did wrong, at least the combat was good. Just like in Web of Shadows, the combat alone was what made me soldier through it.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']KH2 ruined the story, made a "fix everything button" with Triangle, and made people go through a fucking stress test in the form of a non-skippable one hour long prologue.

But for everything it did wrong, at least the combat was good. Just like in Web of Shadows, the combat alone was what made me soldier through it.[/QUOTE]

One hour? I wish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s4OZcV-5fE

Although I enjoyed the shit out of KH2.

KH2 > KH1

action was way better.

bread's done
Back