GGT 41 Gave Chac A Ticket For Playing Outrun IRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']Not half as weak as your abs.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, cheap shot, bro. I'm workin' on 'em.

Besides, when you're a god on drums you don't need abs.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']People raging at the GB review of Reach? wtf is wrong with these people... 4 out of 5 is a great score.

They mentioned it in a podcast and during the Big Live show.

Personally I subscribed just to support what Giantbomb is doing. I love the Bombcast, Quick Looks and some of the other features. So I'll gladly subscribe if that means they can do more of it.
But secretly I'm hoping that if enough subscribers beg them for it they'll do another Endurance Run...
[/QUOTE]
I'm talking about taking the Bombcast off of the subscription once there was a certain amount of subscribers, which was only mentioned on the WM twitter account apparently. Gimping the podcast like that was a dumb idea, but at least they're willing to listen to current and potential subscribers about what they're willing to pay or not pay for.

I'd rather support them directly by buying merchandise if they offered anything like that than subscribing when I'm not really getting any benefits for it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Whoa, cheap shot, bro. I'm workin' on 'em.

Besides, when you're a god on drums you don't need abs.[/QUOTE]

my cousin drums super hardcore and I can back you up easily on this.

Reading though the Reach comments at GiantBomb made me chuckle. One guy seriously compared the Reach review to the Limbo review

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm talking about taking the Bombcast off of the subscription once there was a certain amount of subscribers, which was only mentioned on the WM twitter account apparently. Gimping the podcast like that was a dumb idea, but at least they're willing to listen to current and potential subscribers about what they're willing to pay or not pay for.
[/QUOTE]

I Know that is what you were talking about. And like i said it was also mentioned during the Big Live show as well(I was wrong about the podcast).

I tried a couple of hours of Pokemon Platinum because my nephew was bothering me about it and because I felt like I should at least give it a try, seeing how popular it is. I really don't get why it's popular with anyone over the age of 12 or so. It's a JRPG with a stupidly high encounter rate, simple and boring battle mechanics, and not much else. It has its charm, but I feel like nostalgia keeps people past their teens playing it.

The SMT series does the monster-collecting thing better. I think I'll move on to Strange Journey!

Played some more of the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2 last night. It's pretty lengthy. I've probably put around 4 hours in it and still have a good amount to go. At least 2 areas, each with 3 Big Daddies/Little Sisters--so 6 big daddy fights, 12 defend little sister while gathering Adam, and I'm guessing 2 Big Sister fights.

I've finished the first area, and done up through the first Little Sister and a bit more in the 2nd. I'd say it's a must play DLC for anyone who really liked Bioshock 2.

After that I knocked out some Gears 2 Horde achievements with CAGs. Did 1-50 on Grindyard, then knocked out 1-10 on the other 3 snowblind maps for that cheese. Good times.

I put more time into Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep this morning after ZERO gaming yesterday (I went out to Kings Dominion most all day). Still really liking the game and easily get sucked into it.

I'm up to 77 UMD PSP games, and somewhere around 10-15 downloadable UMD games (along with various PSN only games). I own more physical games on PSP than any other platform.

Started playing House of the Dead: Overkill with the lady friend last night. The dialogue is hilarious. Nice brainless game.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Started playing House of the Dead: Overkill with the lady friend last night. The dialogue is hilarious. Nice brainless game.[/QUOTE]

Chika and I went through that in 1 sitting. :D

--

Sean, why would you buy a $25.00 disc? I'm sure you could borrow one from someone. :cool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']For anyone who has played and finished RDRemption:

Does killing/capturing Escuella make a difference on anything?
[/QUOTE]

Don't think so.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm not buying anything! The demo actually worked quite nicely.[/QUOTE]

However I'm still not satisfied with my picture.

Contemplating using the game mode settings on my tv, but I think that's too bright. However, I find standard too dark.

I also wonder what I should set HDMI color space to.

[quote name='seanr1221']However I'm still not satisfied with my picture.

Contemplating using the game mode settings on my tv, but I think that's too bright. However, I find standard too dark.

I also wonder what I should set HDMI color space to.[/QUOTE]

I should really calibrate my tv for gaming as well. do you have a plasma or lcd tv?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I Know that is what you were talking about. And like i said it was also mentioned during the Big Live show as well(I was wrong about the podcast).[/QUOTE]
Oh, though requiring people to watch a seven hour video on justin.tv to find out about that stuff is ridiculous and part of the problem I have with the subscription (no central place for this info). It's even more concerning that there was nothing about the Bombcast being gimped on GB's own site nor that there was an opportunity to settle the hostage situation.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Oh, though requiring people to watch a seven hour video on justin.tv to find out about that stuff is ridiculous and part of the problem I have with the subscription (no central place for this info). It's even more concerning that there was nothing about the Bombcast being gimped on GB's own site nor that there was an opportunity to settle the hostage situation.[/QUOTE]

You'd think if a company wanted to support a given business model they'd at least put forth an effort to educate why you want people to spend money for a given service.

seanr, you've piqued my interest in color schemes for my HDMI connected plasma. Will have to look into this some more.

I just read another page saying to use auto. It also said RGB is better for games and YcB is better for movies. Auto will switch depending on what you use.

Most likely Im being overly, Dallow-like picky and the picture is perfectly fine.

The best calibrating you can do is turning off all the special shit that isn't contrast, brightness, or color, setting everything to default, then going from there. This includes anything the PS3/360 offers like extended black levels and Full RGB (which are settings made for PC monitors, though some people like the way they look on TVs.) Then you just balance out contrast and brightness so that blacks aren't gray. From there, change color to suit your tastes. That's as close as you'll get to the objectively best settings on your TV.

Even then, "objectively best" (the best balance between visible detail level and dark areas) might not look the best to you.

[quote name='seanr1221']See, I feel like my blacks get crushed, not that they are grey. But I could be wrong and they're not crushed at all.[/QUOTE]

I did find the Digital Video Essentials disc to be pretty useful in calibrating... though there's only so much you can do with an LCD, particularly when they're on the large side.

Though admittedly, I haven't paid attention to LCD stuff at all for a few years.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Oh, though requiring people to watch a seven hour video on justin.tv to find out about that stuff is ridiculous and part of the problem I have with the subscription (no central place for this info). It's even more concerning that there was nothing about the Bombcast being gimped on GB's own site nor that there was an opportunity to settle the hostage situation.[/QUOTE]
I never said that it was a good idea. I just said they mentioned it elsewhere.

[quote name='seanr1221']See, I feel like my blacks get crushed, not that they are grey. But I could be wrong and they're not crushed at all.[/QUOTE]

In that case, you might have the Full RGB/Extended or Intermediate Black Level setting on (they're the same thing under different names on the PS3 and 360 respectively.) Or one of your TVs black level settings (on my panny plasma, I think it's just called "black level.")
Crushed blacks shouldn't be an issue if you have everything turned off, unless you have brightness all the way down and contrast all the way up.

You'll know if they're crushed if you mess with the settings and find that brightening things up reveals detail in the shadows that you couldn't see before. But that doesn't mean everything is supposed to be perfectly, brightly visible, so that's the subjective end again...adjust brightness until you find there's a good balance of detail and darkness.

but yeah, like Chac said and its been my experience too, it's difficult to get black levels right on LCDs.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']For anyone who has played and finished RDRemption:

Does killing/capturing Escuella make a difference on anything?
[/QUOTE]

Just the cut scenes.

is the 360 slim loud if you don't install games?

just curious...I'd rather have matte black, but it seems like they haven't released an ala carte HDD yet.

[quote name='gunm']Yay, Alan Wake Limited dropped to $39.99 on Amazon. Added it to my Fight Club order--glad I waited![/QUOTE]

do u just email them the same way u would for a preorder?

if so DAMN go fightclub! :lol:

[quote name='gunm']Just the cut scenes.[/QUOTE]

I thought so -- my fame/honor hasn't even been changing -- I'm guessing it's immune to that while you're in Mexico?

--

Unrelated: You have any games you'd recommend that you had fun playing with your kids but could be fun for both me and my girlfriend? I'm just thinking most of the guys in here play the game I normally play... but sometimes you play with your kids (UP?), so maybe you'd have some insight on potential games for me and chika to play together.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Kinect Adventures.[/QUOTE]

My name isn't Jer. It'll be a LONG time, if ever, before you see a Kinect game appear on my gamercard.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I thought so -- my fame/honor hasn't even been changing -- I'm guessing it's immune to that while you're in Mexico?

--

Unrelated: You have any games you'd recommend that you had fun playing with your kids but could be fun for both me and my girlfriend? I'm just thinking most of the guys in here play the game I normally play... but sometimes you play with your kids (UP?), so maybe you'd have some insight on potential games for me and chika to play together.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I forgot to suggest Up as a decent co-op game. It works well when I play with my six year old, although I imagine seasoned gamers might think it's too easy/simple. My six year old actually enjoys the Lego games, especially Batman, but I know you said Chika didn't like.

The kids' favorite stuff is Wii-related. They especially enjoy Wii Sports Resort, although they claim to like SMB Wii, even though it's a bit too frustrating at times for them. I'll end up getting the Sony Move starter bundle as I'm sure they'll love it. :p

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Unrelated: You have any games you'd recommend that you had fun playing with your kids but could be fun for both me and my girlfriend? I'm just thinking most of the guys in here play the game I normally play... but sometimes you play with your kids (UP?), so maybe you'd have some insight on potential games for me and chika to play together.[/QUOTE]

Probably nothing you guys haven't played, but this is what my nephews like:

--Mario Kart
--NSMB
--jesus, mario anything
--Plants vs. Zombies
--Puzzle Quest
--Hexic
--Peggle
--pop cap games in general

Try getting her into SSFIV. It's a pretty easy pick up and play game, just don't destroy her in every round and explain how shit works. Dead or Alive 4 is also a good choice, as its even simpler...as long as the blatant objectification isn't a problem!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']My name isn't Jer. It'll be a LONG time, if ever, before you see a Kinect game appear on my gamercard.[/QUOTE]

Saying things like that about Jer will hasten his departure...

Keep it up.

:lol:

SHADOW OF THE NINJA

[quote name='ninja dog']Probably nothing you guys haven't played, but this is what my nephews like:

--Mario Kart
--NSMB
--jesus, mario anything
--Plants vs. Zombies
--Puzzle Quest
--Hexic
--Peggle
--pop cap games in general

Try getting her into SSFIV. It's a pretty easy pick up and play game, just don't destroy her in every round and explain how shit works. Dead or Alive 4 is also a good choice, as its even simpler...as long as the blatant objectification isn't a problem![/QUOTE]

Too many buttons for her in SSF4 -- 3 punches, 3 kicks, special move motions? Trust me, not for her.

She likes most of you list -- We started NSMB Wii at one point, but started getting irritated with each other on some of the more challenging levels. I'd rather play anything on 360 or ps3 over Wii though -- that system just pisses me off on so many levels. It's got a few okay things, but I just don't like much about any of it -- controllers, games, etc.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Too many buttons for her in SSF4 -- 3 punches, 3 kicks, special move motions? Trust me, not for her.

She likes most of you list -- We started NSMB Wii at one point, but started getting irritated with each other on some of the more challenging levels. I'd rather play anything on 360 or ps3 over Wii though -- that system just pisses me off on so many levels. It's got a few okay things, but I just don't like much about any of it -- controllers, games, etc.[/QUOTE]

what about playing a JRPG together? Something like FFX could be fun. Rhythm games too.

I mean, pretty much anything works other than a FPS/TPS/hardcore action game/other game with too many nuances and buttons.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Too many buttons for her in SSF4 -- 3 punches, 3 kicks, special move motions? Trust me, not for her.

She likes most of you list -- We started NSMB Wii at one point, but started getting irritated with each other on some of the more challenging levels. I'd rather play anything on 360 or ps3 over Wii though -- that system just pisses me off on so many levels. It's got a few okay things, but I just don't like much about any of it -- controllers, games, etc.[/QUOTE]

I'm not your typical girl in the sense that I tend to like the same games most guys do, but I do have some suggestions for you:

-Katamari Forever
-Castle Crashers
-Critter Crunch
-ModNation Racers
-Eternal Sonata/Tales of Vesperia (has 2-3 player co-op)

Also, have you considered getting her a game that only she can play? I know you said you wanted something both of you could play, but maybe if you introduced her to a game with a heavy single player experience, she will enjoy games more. Perhaps something like Heavenly Sword or Folklore, a game with a main female protagonist?

[quote name='Cheska19']

Also, have you considered getting her a game that only she can play? I know you said you wanted something both of you could play, but maybe if you introduced her to a game with a heavy single player experience, she will enjoy games more. Perhaps something like Heavenly Sword or Folklore, a game with a main female protagonist?[/QUOTE]

915566_front.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back