GGT 41 Gave Chac A Ticket For Playing Outrun IRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish rockstar would realize you can make fun missions without half of them being HAHA NOW YOU HAVE A 25 STAR WANTED LEVEL RUN FROM THE COPS.

Okay, went and got a Wii at my PX and while I was there I saw this big ass sign that said they are ceasing the sale of all Medal of Honor games (not just the new one) because of the whole thing about the Taliban being playable in the multiplayer in the new game and I was like, WTF? That's fucking stupid. Then I went into my local GS and they had the SAME SIGN! I got into an argument with one of the employees there about it and they told me that if I had it previously preordered I could either get it moved to the next closest GS (an hour away) or cancel and pick it up at Walmart.

What the fuck? I didn't preorder, but I'm amazed at how many customers they just fucked over and lost.

[quote name='whoknows']Sonic should be in McC3 except they should call it Sonic Vs Marvel and Capcom and have Sonic be unbeatable :D[/QUOTE]

Only if Sonic's stage is Home and you can only control Sonic via Kinect. ;)

And GTA4 was excellent, fuck the haters.

[quote name='whoknows']I finally got around to watching that MvC3 trailer people were talking about and it looks ok.

And for the record Deadpool is one of the most overrated characters ever. He's only funny like 2% of the time.[/QUOTE]
He was funny all the time before he got popular and got more than one book over at Marvel. Since then he's been ruined.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Only if Sonic's stage is Home and you can only control Sonic via Kinect. ;)

And GTA4 was excellent, fuck the haters.[/QUOTE]

80 percent of the missions are fucking garbage.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Okay, went and got a Wii at my PX and while I was there I saw this big ass sign that said they are ceasing the sale of all Medal of Honor games (not just the new one) because of the whole thing about the Taliban being playable in the multiplayer in the new game and I was like, WTF? That's fucking stupid. Then I went into my local GS and they had the SAME SIGN! I got into an argument with one of the employees there about it and they told me that if I had it previously preordered I could either get it moved to the next closest GS (an hour away) or cancel and pick it up at Walmart.

What the fuck? I didn't preorder, but I'm amazed at how many customers they just fucked over and lost.[/QUOTE]

I was listening to people argue about it on the radio a few days ago. The whole issue is incredibly stupid. It shouldn't even be an issue.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']80 percent of the missions are fucking garbage.[/QUOTE]

The same can be said for most games.

Rockstar games this generation have been mostly great. Especially GTA4 and, as much as I didn't think I'd like it, RDR.

I've never once decided that I wanted to quit a Rockstar sandbox game midway through... the same cannot be said for garbage like Mercenaries 2.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Okay, went and got a Wii at my PX and while I was there I saw this big ass sign that said they are ceasing the sale of all Medal of Honor games (not just the new one) because of the whole thing about the Taliban being playable in the multiplayer in the new game and I was like, WTF? That's fucking stupid. Then I went into my local GS and they had the SAME SIGN! I got into an argument with one of the employees there about it and they told me that if I had it previously preordered I could either get it moved to the next closest GS (an hour away) or cancel and pick it up at Walmart.

What the fuck? I didn't preorder, but I'm amazed at how many customers they just fucked over and lost.[/QUOTE]
That is insane. Take some pictures of the signs and send them to Joystiq.

I'm surprised that Rockstar hasn't tried to put Chinatown Wars on PSN/XBLA yet since they've put it on every other cheap/low cost platform that's out there, minus Steam. They could probably get away with a $20 price tag, too.

I don't get the Medal of Honor MP controversy at all. Where was the outrage when it was Nazis vs. Allies in all of those WW2 shooters?

My bf was playing Spidey yesterday while I was playing Battlefield and I have to say the game looks and sounds great. I literally kept pausing my game to watch him play because it looked like so much fun. Plus Stan Lee narrating the whole thing is freakin awesome!! If only a decent X-men game would come out (and no, not just a game about Wolverine).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']He was funny all the time before he got popular and got more than one book over at Marvel. Since then he's been ruined.[/QUOTE]

The only time I remember him good was during the Deadpool/Agent X run... Gail Simone fucking rocked that thing alongside Udon... after Marvel pissed her off the series went downhill IMHO, especially with Cable/Deadpool.

I'm still proud I got all my Agent Xs... one of my favorite runs in comics honestly.

78975-93401-agent-x_large.jpg

[quote name='Cheska19']My bf was playing Spidey yesterday while I was playing Battlefield and I have to say the game looks and sounds great. I literally kept pausing my game to watch him play because it looked like so much fun. Plus Stan Lee narrating the whole thing is freakin awesome!! If only a decent X-men game would come out (and no, not just a game about Wolverine).[/QUOTE]

The chick's voice when she's talking to Spidey in the tutorials sucks ass. :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The same can be said for most games.

Rockstar games this generation have been mostly great. Especially GTA4 and, as much as I didn't think I'd like it, RDR.

I've never once decided that I wanted to quit a Rockstar sandbox game midway through... the same cannot be said for garbage like Mercenaries 2.[/QUOTE]

No, I constantly want to quit GTA IV and Lost & Damned because the missions are shitty. There are way too many missions that are too hard soley because it all controls like shit and any time you're driving at high speeds it's almost unavoidable you're gonna end up hitting a million small but immovable objects, flipping over, etc etc.

[quote name='whoknows']I was listening to people argue about it on the radio a few days ago. The whole issue is incredibly stupid. It shouldn't even be an issue.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DarkNessBear']That is insane. Take some pictures of the signs and send them to Joystiq.[/QUOTE] I'll do that when I head out to the Halo Reach midnight release. It really doesn't make sense because I live on a fucking army base and everyone and their brother buys those games! MW2 was a huuuuuuge midnight release and is seriously the most played game here. They were seriously pushing MoH until just recently when the whole thing about the Taliban happened.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I don't get the Medal of Honor MP controversy at all. Where was the outrage when it was Nazis vs. Allies in all of those WW2 shooters?[/QUOTE] That was my point when I brought it up to an employee and I was told that Taliban are worse than the Nazis ever where and I said that's only because it's fresh in our memories.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The only time I remember him good was during the Deadpool/Agent X run... Gail Simone fucking rocked that thing alongside Udon... after Marvel pissed her off the series went downhill IMHO, especially with Cable/Deadpool.

I'm still proud I got all my Agent Xs... one of my favorite runs in comics honestly.

78975-93401-agent-x_large.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Gail Simone is my favorite writer in comics. I love Agent X so, so, soooooo much.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']That was my point when I brought it up to an employee and I was told that Taliban are worse than the Nazis ever where and I said that's only because it's fresh in our memories.[/QUOTE]
I don't think genocide is better than what happened on 9/11. Both are tragedies, but on completely different levels.

Besides, this is multiplayer, where whatever side your on doesn't really make any difference to those that are playing outside of aesthetics. I've even heard that the military adviser for the COD series supported DICE, saying it was just a game and takes the realistic approach to the situation:

While politicians and pundits have jumped at the chance to attack Medal of Honor, the military advisor who worked with Activision on Call of Duty has defended EA's upcoming shooter. Claiming that Taliban soldiers are "hard little f*ckers," Hank Keirsey goes so far as to say that he has to admire them to a degree.

"Those are hard little f**kers," he says. "From a soldier perspective, I gotta admire certain qualities in those guys. They're not fighting for Al-Qaeda. Maybe one or two of them is. Most of them are fighting 'cos they've always fought. They've got what someone told them is a foreigner in town. They're gonna come down from the mountains with their little AKs and rally with other guys and try to beat the foreigner out of there.

"You gotta get into your enemy's mind set. There's courage on both sides. [The media is] making a connection that these are the guys that cut the heads off of women and kids in the night, then the next thing they do is climb into an aeroplane and fly into our buildings. That's not necessarily the case.

"Al-Qaeda did that. Yes, Taliban may be supporting those guys, because they're looking for some kind of ally and monetary support. But you have to understand your enemy."
http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-military-advisor-defends-medal-of-honor-182161.phtml

I really think the Nazis were way worse than the Taliban and I think that the only reason people don't care about Nazis in games is because they've died out to the point where they're not a global problem and they're a faceless enemy. It really just annoys me though that they decided to stop selling the MoH games on base. Why the fuck would you get your store to complete boycott a franchise when people have been preordering it?

Don't support stores that try and push their ideas on you and give someone else your money. Problem solved.

I've watched a bunch of videos on halo way point, now I'm pretty psyched for it.will probably watch halo legends tomorrow.

do I wanna play Other M tonight?

I have to hook up the Wii if I do. And that's a fucking pain in the ass.

Hrmmmmmm....

Guess some more alcohol will help me decide. I also need to cook dinner.

I recently discovered that I will not be playing Metroid Other M, as I forgot my Wii controller at home.

Oooooops.

Yakuza 3 + Band of Brothers it is.

[quote name='Chacrana']do I wanna play Other M tonight?

I have to hook up the Wii if I do. And that's a fucking pain in the ass.

Hrmmmmmm....

Guess some more alcohol will help me decide. I also need to cook dinner.[/QUOTE]

Im starting to think wine +gaming = great idea.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Im starting to think wine +gaming = great idea.[/QUOTE]

wine + gaming is pretty excellent. Though no alcohol goes particularly well with shmups. With something like Yakuza 3? Oh, it's beautiful. JRPGs in general mix well with wine. Especially old school ones. I suppose $$$gy bullshit like anything NIS releases wouldn't go well with wine though. Maybe O'Douls.

I'm thinking about mixing some rum + coke (with sugar, cuz it's the messican kind) + Yakuza 3, and then I'll probably watch band of broskis.

Not really a fan of what the Whiskey Media subscription offers since I already get some of it and don't care about the rest:

-No Ads (adblock plus already does that, though I could finally be able to adblock dumb images from GiantBomb)
-Downloadable videos (flash video downloader already does that)
-HD Videos (couldn't tell the different between the test WUTANG video Dave offered and the original, though they say it's better for quick looks)
-Gimped Bombcast (if you don't pay, you either get the first hour on time or wait a week to get the whole show)
-Revamped Mobile Site (My iPod Touch can barely stay online, much less do I ever surf sites with it)

The Bombcast thing is the only motivation to pay $50 for it and that feels more like extortion than anything. I can't even find a definitive list of everything the sub offers on any of the WM sites.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not really a fan of what the Whiskey Media subscription offers since I already get some of it and don't care about the rest:

-No Ads (adblock plus already does that, though I could finally be able to adblock dumb images from GiantBomb)
-Downloadable videos (flash video downloader already does that)
-HD Videos (couldn't tell the different between the test WUTANG video Dave offered and the original, though they say it's better for quick looks)
-Gimped Bombcast (if you don't pay, you either get the first hour on time or wait a week to get the whole show)
-Revamped Mobile Site (My iPod Touch can barely stay online, much less do I ever surf sites with it)

The Bombcast thing is the only motivation to pay $50 for it and that feels more like extortion than anything. I can't even find a definitive list of everything the sub offers on any of the WM sites.[/QUOTE]

The bombcast is going to be fully available to everyone now since they hit the target 5000 subscribers.

I would say only do the membership if you really feel it important to support them. I did, but I'm not super eager about all the bonuses. I do like that t-shirt and the HD video is super nice.

I didn't know there was a way to make the Bombcast free. There's nothing on any of these sites about exactly what the subscription gives, so they don't really want me to pay unless I don't care about what I'd get.

This is as close to a main page for the memberships

http://www.whiskeymedia.com/blog/

But they really didn't want to emphasize them or have them be obvious to the casual user, since their experience wasn't really changing much. I think the average visitor to giantbomb or tested or something would probably have no idea that there was a membership available.

lul, I'm like 7 hours into this playthrough of Yakuza 3 and I'm not even to Tokyo yet. For comparison's sake, I played through the entire game the first time around in 15 hours. There is a lot of side stuff to do.

is that game full of bullshit

cause it looked like it was based on the giant bomb quicklook

[quote name='jer7583']This is as close to a main page for the memberships

http://www.whiskeymedia.com/blog/

But they really didn't want to emphasize them or have them be obvious to the casual user, since their experience wasn't really changing much. I think the average visitor to giantbomb or tested or something would probably have no idea that there was a membership available.[/QUOTE]
I guess, but as somebody that would consider paying for it, I have no clue what I'd be paying for. That was the only bit of info I could find and it's outdated. I tried going to the subscribe page for some info and it just has questions about the shirt.

:lol: @ Halo fans raging at the GB review. They're demanding that Black Ops get a 4/5 and finding out what other games got 4/5 scores to compare it to.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Damn, Batman: Brave and the Bold is a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

It looks pretty rad. I wish It was on PS3 or 360 though.

[quote name='jer7583']is that game full of bullshit

cause it looked like it was based on the giant bomb quicklook[/QUOTE]

It's actually really damn good... But I don't know if you'd like it. It's pretty old-school in its design and it's not super fast paced, particularly in the beginning. It's a love it or hate it kinda thing.

People raging at the GB review of Reach? wtf is wrong with these people... 4 out of 5 is a great score.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I didn't know there was a way to make the Bombcast free.[/QUOTE]

They mentioned it in a podcast and during the Big Live show.

Personally I subscribed just to support what Giantbomb is doing. I love the Bombcast, Quick Looks and some of the other features. So I'll gladly subscribe if that means they can do more of it.
But secretly I'm hoping that if enough subscribers beg them for it they'll do another Endurance Run...

[quote name='Chacrana']It's actually really damn good... But I don't know if you'd like it. It's pretty old-school in its design and it's not super fast paced, particularly in the beginning. It's a love it or hate it kinda thing.[/QUOTE]

I like old school in design but I despise bullshit. If I'm doing interesting things then I'll do them happily. If I'm doing bullshit then i get mad.

Are you like fetch questing?

Ah who am I kidding I have two yakuza games on PS2 to play before even thinking about that one. Got a few hours into the first one and the old PS3 BC glitch caused me to have to stop.

Apparently the campaign is similar to ODST's, but worse in terms of narrative. I would have to guess that means it's the same length as ODST's campaign as well.

lol what? odst was like 4 hours long

Reach is a normal halo game length 10-12 hours. Unless you're playing on normal or something. i dunno i just thought ODST was pretty lame but everything I'm reading is saying Reach is the best campaign they've done yet.

Giant Bomb review says 7-12 hours on Heroic, meaning 6-10 on Normal. Keep in mind Giant Bomb also said ODST's campaign was 8-10 hours on Heroic.

I dunno we recently played ODST in legendary co-op in an afternoon. That's maybe 5 hours at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back