GGT 41 Gave Chac A Ticket For Playing Outrun IRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I really like Yakuza 3. I liked the game a lot the first time around, despite the story not being as good as Yakuza 2's... but it's an amazing game when you take the time to explore stuff.

Gahhhh I can't stop playing Gears of War 2... With Reach coming next week I figured it would be ODST & Halo 3 all week. Well that has been the case only 1 day this week so far. And more Gears 2 tonight it seems, since 2 of my friends texted me to get on and play GoW 2 after work.

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, I really like Yakuza 3. I liked the game a lot the first time around, despite the story not being as good as Yakuza 2's... but it's an amazing game when you take the time to explore stuff.[/QUOTE]
It is amazing.

I don't thing I'll play yun or yang but the honda changes sound bad and good.

Lowered damage :( harder jab x hands :(

Apparently there are multiple endings, but Scott's ends with
Ramona leaving, and Scott ends up dating Knives, Envy and Kim....all at the same time.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Apparently there are multiple endings, but Scott's ends with
Ramona leaving, and Scott ends up dating Knives, Envy and Kim....all at the same time.
[/QUOTE]

Movie should have ended like that

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']How do I get to the part of the World Map left of the first stage, with the pipes n shit?[/QUOTE]
That's the Sound Test. Pause it, highlight the Score Ranking option, then hit

L1 twice, R1 twice, L1 three times, R1 three times, L1 once, R1 once.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']So anyone have any suggestions for games like LEGO:HP?

Lots of collecting/puzzles/problem solving, but light on the combat/platforming -- specifically designed for coop...

Chika didn't like LEGO SW... not sure if we should try LEGO Batman or LEGO Indy instead...

Doesn't have to be a LEGO game, necessarily. Prefer PS360.[/QUOTE]

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light?

Lego Batman is actually pretty good, but the gameplay for the Lego games are all mostly the same. If Chika didn't like SW, she won't like Batman unless she's really into Batman.

I bet they had to get the design down for that game way before the movie or book's ending was set in stone, what with the certification process and all.

[quote name='distgfx']Chac's the basis for the website StuffWhitePeopleLike.com... and 15.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='jer7583']I don't thing I'll play yun or yang but the honda changes sound bad and good.

Lowered damage :( harder jab x hands :([/QUOTE]

I think Yang is the 4 engine could be cool. Yun will be fun too, but with Genei-Jin as a super instead of Ultra he has a chance to be pretty nerfed. We will have to see how it plays out.

I'm liking the Hakan buffs. I like messing around with him from time to time.

Genei-Jin as a Super with SSFIV's system means it'll be a lot harder for him to abuse it. I honestly don't know if I would prefer it to be a Super or an Ultra, though.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Why?[/QUOTE]
Because you're mostly earning new plants on the first playthrough, so there's not much room for experimentation that early on.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Anyone know where the best (and cheapest) place to buy a wii would be?[/QUOTE]

Amazon Warehouse Deals, but you have to be pretty devoted to it. Otherwise I'd just get a used one off of eBay or Amazon.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Genei-Jin as a Super with SSFIV's system means it'll be a lot harder for him to abuse it. I honestly don't know if I would prefer it to be a Super or an Ultra, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think it is better that way though, rather than an Ultra and a guaranteed usage in any round.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Only get Lego Batman if you're a big fan of the Batman mythos. I love Lego SW and Batman, and those are really the only ones I can recommend. Lego Indy is boring and seemed more complicated than the other games for no reason other than being complicated. My girl was just completely awful at it, but then she was bad at Lego HP, too, so maybe if your girl is good at Lego HP and likes it then get Indy.

Oh, and as for non Lego games, try RE5? My gf likes co-oping that. I mean, I know you may have a strong dislike for it (I sure do) but if you're just looking for stuff to play with her then it can be nice.[/QUOTE]

I love Batman, she thinks it's okay. I thought the SW complete saga game was okay, but playing it again after HP, it kind of sucks. WTF Tt -- why didn't LEGO SW have split screen? fucking holes.

She wouldn't like RE5 (I thought it was mediocre), simply based off the fact that there would be times that zombies would pop out of nowhere. She can deal with 3rd person shooters (not FPS though), but doesn't like the "horror" type aspect. I'm thinking I might have her try coop with me in DR2 when it drops...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I love Batman, she thinks it's okay. I thought the SW complete saga game was okay, but playing it again after HP, it kind of sucks. WTF Tt -- why didn't LEGO SW have split screen? fucking holes.

She wouldn't like RE5 (I thought it was mediocre), simply based off the fact that there would be times that zombies would pop out of nowhere. She can deal with 3rd person shooters (not FPS though), but doesn't like the "horror" type aspect. I'm thinking I might have her try coop with me in DR2 when it drops...[/QUOTE]

My other have enjoyed Lego Batman most out of the ones we've played (SW: Complete and the original Indy one). Try Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (more of a beat-emup), or maybe EDF: 2017. Never played that one, although everyone raves about it. She also enjoyed playing as the star in Galaxy 2, and New Super Mario Bros Wii.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Anyone know where the best (and cheapest) place to buy a wii would be?[/QUOTE]

Might be selling mine. can't say it's cheap....

also just performed at a rave in costume... >_< weird week already.

anywho... enjoying Valkyrie Chronicles II but the story is shit compared to the original. I'm treating it more as a monster hunter meat grind fun than focus on the story.

Genei Jin is rumored to be comboable to 50-60% damage at the location test. Early info though, so who knows.

They'll either have to have him build EX super slow or make him highly EX dependent to balance it out.

Also,

181387b.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Might be selling mine. can't say it's cheap....

also just performed at a rave in costume... >_< weird week already.

anywho... enjoying Valkyrie Chronicles II but the story is shit compared to the original. I'm treating it more as a monster hunter meat grind fun than focus on the story.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty disappointing to hear. I loved VC I but haven't had time to pickup the sequel.

Went ahead and beat Other M (again; that's 4 for those who are counting). I didn't enjoy as much this time because I was rushing it and only got the minimum amount of items required to beat the game (3%). I wish they didn't count skipped cutscenes into your playtime though. I'd be nice to know how long it actually takes to beat.

that's not USB, looks too small. and wow, this is like 32X levels of bullshit. There was that one cable you had to have to set up the 32x that was sold separately. Worst christmas ever, that was.

hmm... I think I'll go ahead and play Other M tonight. I really hope I like it...

should probably try and get all my law school stuff done for the first half of the week or so.

[quote name='Chacrana']hmm... I think I'll go ahead and play Other M tonight. I really hope I like it...

should probably try and get all my law school stuff done for the first half of the week or so.[/QUOTE]

fuck that, lets play some Quantum Theory online coop

[quote name='jer7583']Genei Jin is rumored to be comboable to 50-60% damage at the location test. Early info though, so who knows.

They'll either have to have him build EX super slow or make him highly EX dependent to balance it out.
[/QUOTE]

More damage scaling Capcom!

[quote name='jer7583']This is the saddest shit ever
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78197

804188b.jpg
$50 for a usb male/female extension cord.. it actually might not be usb but if they made the kinect thing a proprietary cable I'm going to shit.[/QUOTE]

C'mon, it's MS, you know they did.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Wait... Broly, you've beaten the game 4 times already? Does it have that much replayability?[/QUOTE]

It has a lot of replayability to me. Each replay has taken me 2-4 hours because I skip cutscenes; it's not much, but they go by pretty quick. I'm not even counting the numerous times I've done
the Epilogue
which probably has added an additional 5-7 hours by itself because it's just that damn awesome. Like...better than MGS3's ending awesome.

There's basically just get 100% item collection and Hard Mode. I, however rarely play games past a first playthrough, but yet I managed to do both of those.

[quote name='distgfx']More damage scaling Capcom!

C'mon, it's MS, you know they did.[/QUOTE]

This is one thing Sony did right with the PS3. Standard Power cable and HMDI cable and you are set. Also, usb charging for PS3 accessories.

[quote name='BlueScrote']This is one thing Sony did right with the PS3. Standard Power cable and HMDI cable and you are set. Also, usb charging for PS3 accessories.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love the fact there's not much proprietary crap for it. I can use a generic bluetooth headset while playing with my PC Saturn Pad. It is pretty bitchin'

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Amazon Warehouse Deals, but you have to be pretty devoted to it. Otherwise I'd just get a used one off of eBay or Amazon.
[/QUOTE] Thanks! I'll check out Amazon!

[quote name='dallow']http://www.walmart.com/ip/ICO-Shadow-of-the-Colossus-PS3-PlayStation-3/15061046

:eek:[/QUOTE] Notice that it says it should be in around April Fool's Day? Other than that, I'd buy it at a hiiiiigh price!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I love Batman, she thinks it's okay. I thought the SW complete saga game was okay, but playing it again after HP, it kind of sucks. WTF Tt -- why didn't LEGO SW have split screen? fucking holes.

She wouldn't like RE5 (I thought it was mediocre), simply based off the fact that there would be times that zombies would pop out of nowhere. She can deal with 3rd person shooters (not FPS though), but doesn't like the "horror" type aspect. I'm thinking I might have her try coop with me in DR2 when it drops...[/QUOTE]
You actually like the split screen from lego HP? I can't stand the way they split the screen, it gives me a migraine for some reason. Good idea about DR2, I'll try that with my gal. Does she like trying fighting games? I play SSF4 and Smash bros. with my girl and she enjoys them quite a bit even though she's not really great at them.

[quote name='jer7583']
$50 for a usb male/female extension cord.. it actually might not be usb but if they made the kinect thing a proprietary cable I'm going to shit.[/QUOTE]

Why would you care? It's not like you're gonna bu...

NM. Now I see why you're pist.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Thanks! I'll check out Amazon!

Notice that it says it should be in around April Fool's Day? Other than that, I'd buy it at a hiiiiigh price!

You actually like the split screen from lego HP? I can't stand the way they split the screen, it gives me a migraine for some reason. Good idea about DR2, I'll try that with my gal. Does she like trying fighting games? I play SSF4 and Smash bros. with my girl and she enjoys them quite a bit even though she's not really great at them.[/QUOTE]

No fighting games. (1) She doesn't like games where she feels like she's button mashing, and with fighting games, that's what she'd do. (2) I'm probably above average in terms of fighting game skill on most games we'd play. So even with a handicap, I'd probably bash her into oblivion most times... or I'd have to purposely throw matches... either way, one of us isn't having fun.

And while the split screen could be annoying, it's much better than playing without one... I'll be on one side of the screen trying to do something while she's over trying to go the other way because something caught her eye. When all is said and done, we're both pissed off that the studs disappeared while trying to get the other to come to us to pan the camera our direction.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
And while the split screen could be annoying, it's much better than playing without one... I'll be on one side of the screen trying to do something while she's over trying to go the other way because something caught her eye. When all is said and done, we're both pissed off that the studs disappeared while trying to get the other to come to us to pan the camera our direction.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much the issue I had with Lego SW and Batman. I'll be picking up Lego: HP as soon as it drops a bit, as both the lady friend and I are Harry Potter fans.

[quote name='ninja dog']fuck that, lets play some Quantum Theory online coop[/QUOTE]

If the demo had online co-op, I'd seriously be down for that.

[quote name='BlueScrote']That's pretty much the issue I had with Lego SW and Batman. I'll be picking up Lego: HP as soon as it drops a bit, as both the lady friend and I are Harry Potter fans.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what worked for us. Originally she was like "fuck, no, i don't care" because she didn't like LEGO SW. First game she's ever 100% to my knoweldge... though her gamerscore doesn't show it because the save was on my profile so she couldn't get the single play only cheeses (fuck you Tt games. make your coop more accessible. split screen is nice but the glitchy bullshit cheeses? burn in hell. I can just imagine my unborn children playing a game like this and fighting over it because only one of them was getting the cheevos for playing...)

I finally got around to watching that MvC3 trailer people were talking about and it looks ok.

And for the record Deadpool is one of the most overrated characters ever. He's only funny like 2% of the time.

[quote name='manthing']Why would you care? It's not like you're gonna bu...

NM. Now I see why you're pist.[/QUOTE]

lol

Man, I fucking need a job.

SNES

[quote name='whoknows']I finally got around to watching that MvC3 trailer people were talking about and it looks ok.

And for the record Deadpool is one of the most overrated characters ever. He's only funny like 2% of the time.[/QUOTE]

Deadpool doesn't have to be funny to kick ass.
Mercnary ninja using guns and swords? There is no argument to that.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Deadpool doesn't have to be funny to kick ass.
Mercnary ninja using guns and swords? There is no argument to that.[/QUOTE]

He's one of my least favorite comic characters. Watching my roommate play Shattered Dimensions last night made me realize how annoying I find Deadpool to be.

[quote name='whoknows']He's one of my least favorite comic characters. Watching my roommate play Shattered Dimensions last night made me realize how annoying I find Deadpool to be.[/QUOTE]

They can't all be Sonic. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back