GGT #42 loves Miku!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dood! I came back from gamestop jus now...

and there's like 3 other ppl in there, me, sum dood, and an old lady.

the old lady says to the dood "can you plz pick up that uncharted drakes game for me" coz she's like at the counter reading the guide.

so the dood hands it to her and he's like "haha you're gonna play this game?"

and she's like "yes"

and the dood starts going crazy!!

this lady is like grandma and she's all a gamer! like that grandma online who cusses at the TV all the time, except this lady is sweet and not mean like that other lady.

so the lady says how she likes PS3 the best and goes on and on about how awesome Ratchet n Clank was.. and she heard uncharted was good so she wanted to play it next.

and the dood told her about Resistance and kept explaining it to her and the old lady got all excited coz she thought it sounded like the coolest game.

and the whole time I'm like dood... freakin grandma man...

[quote name='InuFaye']Its worth it if you run a higher resolution, and it gives a good performance boost for crisis.

Somegames dont support it though, and its much better in XP then vista.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've heard. Since I've been using Vista, that could be a problem. Maybe I'll install XP alongside it. I've always wanted to have an XP install stripped down and built for gaming only. No unnecessary shit. I play at 1680x1050, so it would help a little. Crysis is the only game I have any trouble with, but it's usually decently smooth.

[quote name='JEKKI']dood! I came back from gamestop jus now...

the old lady says to the dood "can you plz pick up that uncharted drakes game for me" coz she's like at the counter reading the guide.

and she's like "yes"

this lady is like grandma and she's all a gamer! like that grandma online who cusses at the TV all the time, except this lady is sweet and not mean like that other lady.

so the lady says how she likes PS3 the best and goes on and on about how awesome Ratchet n Clank was.. and she heard uncharted was good so she wanted to play it next.

and the dood told her about Resistance and kept explaining it to her and the old lady got all excited coz she thought it sounded like the coolest game.

and the whole time I'm like dood... freakin grandma man...[/quote]

that reminds me of the time i meant to put on my blue shoes, but actually put on my green ones.

boy was i mismatched when i went to school with a blue polo and green shoes on. #-o...

and she's like "yes"

and the whole time I'm like dood... freakin grandma man...[/QUOTE]
Dood, are you, like, secretly a Prinny?

That does totally sound like Old Grandma Hardcore, minus swearing (though OGH does sound like a sweet old lady... just not when she's playing a challenging game).

[quote name='Chacrana']Gah! Geh!? How dare you, MM.

I kinda wanna play Gears of War later... hrm...[/quote]

I will play with you if you want later. I also got my P3. Tanks.

and she's like "yes"

and the whole time I'm like dood... freakin grandma man...[/quote]

Sounds Like JEKKI's got a new woman.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']That's what I've heard. Since I've been using Vista, that could be a problem. Maybe I'll install XP alongside it. I've always wanted to have an XP install stripped down and built for gaming only. No unnecessary shit. I play at 1680x1050, so it would help a little. Crysis is the only game I have any trouble with, but it's usually decently smooth.[/quote]

I would honestly wait until the fall to go SLI, the cards will be cheaper, and the games will be more demanding. I was playing at 1920x1080 but I could not comfortably play infront of my TV. I went back to playing at the same resolution you are at now.
I would just stay with the single now, and invest in something else.

[quote name='tiredfornow']that reminds me of the time i meant to put on my blue shoes, but actually put on my green ones.

boy was i mismatched when i went to school with a blue polo and green shoes on. #-o...[/quote]
1 foot, 2 foot, Red Shoe, Blue Shoe.
I can't rhyme like the good dr.

That's a funny story, Jekki. :lol: I bet that granny got skillz and could pwn her some n00bs.

I saw an older man once in the mall food court playing a PSP back before Christmas. Dude looked 80 and was all up into whatever game he was playing. I guess video games appeal to everyone, old and young.

I tried to get my grandmother to play the original GBA years ago. She got a kick out of having Mario "squat" but other than that, she wasn't too interested.

[quote name='InuFaye']I would honestly wait until the fall to go SLI, the cards will be cheaper, and the games will be more demanding. I was playing at 1920x1080 but I could not comfortably play infront of my TV. I went back to playing at the same resolution you are at now.
I would just stay with the single now, and invest in something else.
[/QUOTE]
I was going to wait until they're cheape, and when I feel like I need it. I just need to find a good SLI Intel motherboard.

I think it would be sweet to play against and get whooped on by some granny.

the Nvidia chipsets are supposed to be really unstable though... that's why I opted out of the whole SLI business. Don't feel like dealin' wit' broken shit.

I figured that as long as I was picking up a new soundcard for my computer, I might as well pick up a cooler for my video card (since it's an OCed version of the Ultra so it's hot). That way, I can run all my shit without having the fans turned up. So it'll be quieter.

[quote name='daroga']Yeah, I thought I was doing that. Circle is the action button in MGS1, right?

I dunno, I must have done something wrong. Or Snake hates elevators.[/quote]
which button, though?

the button to call the elevator? that's circle.
when you're in the elevator, you have to go to the bottom left corner and the floor you wanna go to will appear, then you press up and down and press the circle button.

god, so complicated just for an elevator.

I started P3. It is good. The beginning is looooooong. I wanted to save and had to play for a good 20 minutes while my girl sat there and was bored. I can't wait to play more. But I am now watching her play Animal Crossing on my HUGE TV! Thanks Chac.

I'm prouder of the feedback rating i left you than anything.

Random Beatmania vid of the day:
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=giCh2bH6zoI[/MEDIA]

[quote name='InuFaye']how do I know if that shit is legit?

I CANT COPY THAT FLOPPY![/QUOTE]

Nocturne? The seller seems fine, but I guess there's always an element of risk. Also, it's most likely a reprint copy with no sony seal on top.

I bit.

Thats it.

I am done spending $$$$.

It hurts.

Until next week when gt5 comes out, then fes, and then GTAIV.

WALLET AM CRY.

The sound card I want is back in stock on Apr. 14th... must be purchase then. I'll let that shit sit in my closet for a month until I get the rest of my shit.

Damn... turns out the soundcard is back in stock right now, but I just can't convince myself to pull the trigger. I guess it'll be easier if get some more of that stuff sold off first.

Aaanyway, I unexpectedly starting playing through Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I don't know why I started playing it again, but it's still phenomenal... I've played through the game a number of times and this is clearly the absolute best entry in the series... even if Conviction sucks as badly as Double Agent did (which would be a difficult feat), I'm just glad that we got a game as insanely fun as CT.

I never liked Splinter Cell.

Stealth is not my thing.

I am so tempted by this hellgate:london collectors edition on amazon.

TALK SENSE INTO ME.

[quote name='InuFaye']I never liked Splinter Cell.

Stealth is not my thing.

I am so tempted by this hellgate:london collectors edition on amazon.

TALK SENSE INTO ME.[/QUOTE]

1) Hellgate London sucks
2) There are far better RPGs to play
3) It's repetitive as shit
4) It sux.

Never liked Splinter Cell either. MGS is the only stealth game I've ever liked. I hate stealth so much that if a game has an unskippable stealth section I usually just sell it immediately.

[quote name='Chacrana']1) Hellgate London sucks
2) There are far better RPGs to play
3) It's repetitive as shit
4) It sux.[/quote]

Ok thanks.

Ill wait for 7 dollar Target Clearance.

That way it is cheap enough that if its sucks.
Its only 7 dollars, which is the cost of a damn value meal.

OMG. MGS2 ....
I have to fight 25 friggin RAYs at the end? this is going to take even longer than the god damn Fat Man fight. Good thing I stocked up on 2 Rations before saving in the level.

[quote name='InuFaye']Ok thanks.

Ill wait for 7 dollar Target Clearance.

That way it is cheap enough that if its sucks.
Its only 7 dollars, which is the cost of a damn value meal.[/quote]

I'd rather get me some chicken nuggets... and I preordered that damn game.

[quote name='Jest']OMG. MGS2 ....
I have to fight 25 friggin RAYs at the end? this is going to take even longer than the god damn Fat Man fight. Good thing I stocked up on 2 Rations before saving in the level.

I'd rather get me some chicken nuggets... and I preordered that damn game.[/quote]

Chicken Nuggets

Ive got to recommend Enemy Territory for anyone who likes Multiplayer FPS.

Its like Battlefield and Team Fortress and Quake all had an illegitimate child, and named it Enemy Territory.

Its the most fun I have had with a shooter in a long time.
Look for it at your Targets for around 10 bones.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Never liked Splinter Cell either. MGS is the only stealth game I've ever liked. I hate stealth so much that if a game has an unskippable stealth section I usually just sell it immediately.[/quote]
seconded

i almost, ALMOST hated crisis core just for this.

yeah, Mass Effect was screaming for a PC version as soon as it hit the 360. I love it to death, but the user interface demanded a mouse and the 360 couldn't handle the power of the game's graphics at the same time.

also, it's by far the most fun I've had in a shooter with the shooting functions of the game in a while.

oh and:

ka.gif

and

kusojunkan.gif

I don't see anything after the "oh and:" bit...

But yeah, Mass Effect looks like it'll be the experience it was supposed to be now. I'm glad I don't have to go into the game reluctantly, fearing the glitches and major performance issues.

Mario Kart Wii ain't got shit on the SNES version... But I'm having fun with it so far... I guess.

Just got Dark Sector too, guess I'll give that a whirl...

[quote name='MarkMan']Mario Kart Wii ain't got shit on the SNES version[/quote]

To be fair though, none of them have lived up to the SNES version, but they are all generally fun anyway.

[quote name='Jest']OMG. MGS2 ....
[/QUOTE]

depends on what difficulty you're on. Normal mode is only like 6 or 7. They're easy as hell though.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']To be fair though, none of them have lived up to the SNES version, but they are all generally fun anyway.[/quote]

So sad, yet so true...

I had a ball saying WTF every few seconds though while playing the new courses for the first time ^_^

I really enjoyed the first Splinter Cell.

Didn't care for any of the others.

I enjoyed SNES Mario Kart the best. No Mario Kart Wii for me.

Mario Kart is so blah and overdone now.

It seems like they ran out of new "Good" idea back in the 64 days.

Mario Kart is one Nintendo franchise that remains stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back