GGT #43 is sponsored by Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr. Beef']Sega is selling the DX add-on for Sonic Adventure for $5? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I had the same reaction... But it's the Sonic fans that let them get way with shit like that.

Is there absolutely no way of getting UMD games to work on the PSPGO? Like not the actual disc (duh), but is there any way of transferring the data to the memory stick instead of buying the downloadable version of the games?

[quote name='Cheska19']Is there absolutely no way of getting UMD games to work on the PSPGO? Like not the actual disc (duh), but is there any way of transferring the data to the memory stick instead of buying the downloadable version of the games?[/QUOTE]

There's absolutely no way of doing it, not even through homebrew for the PSP Go.

I'm surprised at how much I've been enjoying Blade Kitten... I had no expectations for it, but I'm finding it to be a fun and light hearted side-scroller. It's not going to light the world on fire, but I like it.

[quote name='distgfx']There's absolutely no way of doing it, not even through homebrew for the PSP Go.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Homebrew dried up a while ago.

[quote name='Chacrana']Le sigh. Goodoldgames shut down. Sucks, because they were really pretty awesome.

Anyway, I'm probably going to buy a PS2 today. My OG PS2 broke almost a year ago, and I haven't been able to play any imports since. I've got a domestic PS2 slim now, so I just need to freakin' buy a Japanese PS2 like I probably should've done in the first place. Then I can finally play Beatmania again, as well as a bunch of fighters and shmups ^_^

And seriously. Swap discs were the worst fucking thing ever.[/QUOTE]

What did you think of "Fate: Stay Unlimited" on the PS2?

edit: Dallow you getting on XBL tonight?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Do they still come up with new Custom Firmwares for PSP or did Sony finally figure out to stop it?[/QUOTE]

No new custom firmwares, just plug-ins that allow you to load newer games or something like that. So... guess nobody cares anymore, lol.

Yeah, no need for them.
As for PSP Go, there's workarounds, but you can do everything you can on a regular PSP except for playing your own ripped UMDs which is a huge bummer.

I tried CFW once back on my OG PSP, but I barely used any of the homebrew stuff and it was such a hassle to play a new game; I always had to find the newest CFW, figure out how to put it on the PSP, worry about bricking it....eventually I just downgraded and got back on the Official Firmware, and even that was a fucking hassle and a half.

My Move bundle arrived today. Haven't seen it in the store yet, so I was a little surprised--the package is a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

Will try it out later tonight.

I don't understand why people still like pre-RE4 RE games. and why some of them are still clamming for a game in that style. It's like they put in "classic mode" into Lost in Nightmares just to show how goddamn awful old RE was.

Ironically, RE tank controls seem to work well for dashing samurai action in Onimusha. Takes a second to get used to though, which equals "omg totally unplayable" in this day and age.

[quote name='ninja dog']I don't understand why people like pre-RE4 RE games. and why some of them are still clamming for a game in that style. It's like they put in "classic mode" into Lost in Nightmares just to show how goddamn awful old RE was.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree. Even RE4/5 is kind of unintuitive to me. I understand the design choice, but it's like it's deliberately clumsy just to make it seem "scarier".

Speaking of which, I'll see if I can get my buddy to come over and continue our co-op RE5 game with the Move controls when my second controller comes in. The contextual actions are kind of flaky and maybe the new control scheme will help rectify that.

Honestly, I love the pre-RE4 games. I like them because they're adventure games, not action games. I like the puzzles and all that. The tank controls do take that minute or two to get used to, but they work fine with the fixed camera angles once you get it.

[quote name='Chacrana']Honestly, I love the pre-RE4 games. I like them because they're adventure games, not action games. I like the puzzles and all that. The tank controls do take that minute or two to get used to, but they work fine with the fixed camera angles once you get it.[/QUOTE]

I think they can make good RE adventure games, but Capcom makes strange game design choices.

It seems like they were very stuck in that old formula. I just quit Code Veronica because I knew everything to do from having played other old RE games. It didn't seem like they needed a complete reboot (as awesome as it is), but maybe some new elements to liven things up. Not that I know what it needed.

[quote name='Chacrana']Honestly, I love the pre-RE4 games. I like them because they're adventure games, not action games. I like the puzzles and all that. The tank controls do take that minute or two to get used to, but they work fine with the fixed camera angles once you get it.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

My thoughts exactly. They are more akin to a point-and-click adventure game than anything else. Approaching the original RE games with the mentality of playing something like Metal Gear Solid or Tomb Raider is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'd like to interrupt the serious business discussion i started to say that if you own a PS3, go get a "beta" code for Lara Croft from Gamespot-- it should come with a full game unlock code. Free, supposedly awesome game!

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I had the same reaction... But it's the Sonic fans that let them get way with shit like that.[/QUOTE]

Who the fuck would buy Sonic Adventure for $15 in the first place?

[quote name='ninja dog']I'd like to interrupt the serious business discussion i started to say that if you own a PS3, go get a "beta" code for Lara Croft from Gamespot-- it should come with a full game unlock code. Free, supposedly awesome game![/QUOTE]

I literally don't even want it for free.

[quote name='ninja dog']Isn't Sonic Adventure one of those Dreamcast games that gets overhyped, but is actually pretty bad?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It always seemed to me that Sonic tried to copy Mario 64 and move Sonic into 3D... and it just doesn't work as far as I'm concenred.

--

I got one of those codes, mamesj -- what's up with the full unlock -- it says it's only for a demo.
Nevermind -- redemption gave me the whole thing -- demo AND unlock.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yes. It always seemed to me that Sonic tried to copy Mario 64 and move Sonic into 3D... and it just doesn't work as far as I'm concenred.

--

I got one of those codes, mamesj -- what's up with the full unlock -- it says it's only for a demo.[/QUOTE]

You did get an unlock code or didn't? Seems like this glitch just started within the last hour or two.

[quote name='ninja dog']I'd like to interrupt the serious business discussion i started to say that if you own a PS3, go get a "beta" code for Lara Croft from Gamespot-- it should come with a full game unlock code. Free, supposedly awesome game![/QUOTE]

Holy shit, you're right! :hot: I entered a code into Media Go and it says I get the unlock too! I love you ninja doggggg!!!!! :applause:

Have you even tried the demo yet Chac? It's actually a very well done game. Best with 2 player co-op of course, but my friends and I enjoyed what we played quite a bit.

[quote name='ninja dog']You did get an unlock code or didn't? Seems like this glitch just started within the last hour or two.[/QUOTE]

Did.

When I entered and redeemed, there were two items on the screen -- demo & unlock. I downloaded them both.

[quote name='ninja dog']Isn't Sonic Adventure one of those Dreamcast games that gets overhyped, but is actually pretty bad?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty much trash. It was fun 11 years ago, but has aged horribly.

[quote name='ninja dog']50% of the demo after an hour. fucking PSN!

but hey, can't complain about free :cool:[/QUOTE]

it's like 2.5gb, dude! if you get speeds where you could've downloaded that in less than 30 minutes, holy fucking shit. Hell, 1.25gb in 30 minutes isn't bad... and FWIW, it took me about 45 minutes total, maybe? it's been about 70 min... but my ps3 has been off for at least 10 minutes, maybe 20+.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']it's like 2.5gb, dude! if you get speeds where you could've downloaded that in less than 30 minutes, holy fucking shit. Hell, 1.25gb in 30 minutes isn't bad... and FWIW, it took me about 45 minutes total, maybe? it's been about 70 min... but my ps3 has been off for at least 10 minutes, maybe 20+.[/QUOTE]

i have a 5mb connection-- it would've been done in a half hour on XBLA. It's looking like an hour to go. I always have this problem with PSN though.

[quote name='ninja dog']i have a 5mb connection-- it would've been done in a half hour on XBLA. It's looking like an hour to go. I always have this problem with PSN though.[/QUOTE]

You actually get the 5mb speeds?

I used to think it was my port settings that got me better speeds -- but I recently put my ps3 back to DHCP to see if that made it happier like it did for my 360.

On Steam I'm getting the demo at 1.8MB per second, which is almost exactly my 15mb rated internet speed.

PSN is a bit slower of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back