GGT #43 is sponsored by Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueScrote']Did they ever explain why Nero has that arm and how the hell he is so powerful? I missed that part of the terribad story.[/QUOTE]

They never did. I was hoping thats what 5 would be about.

Guess not.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Did they ever explain why Nero has that arm and how the hell he is so powerful? I missed that part of the terribad story.[/QUOTE]

Speculation has him being Virgil's son.

Case closed. Automatic badass status attained.

I think some people speculate that he is the son of Vergil.

I liked the story in DMC4. It was simple, but I liked the characters and I cared just enough about what was going on. Also the cutscenes were generally cool and entertaining.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']God dammit. Now I want to buy a copy of DMC4.[/QUOTE]

I still have mine from release day. :cool:

One of the few games I didn't sell.

I remember buying DMC4 from Wal-mart, getting in the car and realizing the case was cracked to shit, then having to go back in and talk to the 90 year-old lady at Customer Service to return it. She probably doesn't know what a vidya game is.

Anectode!

--

I love seeing the Backlog bar on Backloggery get a litlte smaller every time I finish a game.

[quote name='ninja dog']I have:
--Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks
--Onimusha 1
--Onimusha 3

coming tomorrow.

Beating DMC1 tonight

PS2[/QUOTE]
Ignore everything else. Shaolin Monks = GOTM

Ok after that video, I'd love an HD collection.
Man, that was awesome. So over the top.
Sorry I never got to see on my TV. Hmm. Might have to pick them up...

[quote name='Chacrana']This is why the PS2 is the best system ever, and why this gen is not as good as last gen.[/QUOTE]

Def agree with PS2 being the best system ever. It's just fact.

Right now I'm conflicted over what I want to purchase: Red Dead Redemption, or Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Since the hype is pretty much over for Red Dead, can anyone tell me how it is in comparison to say, GTA4? Please take note that being similar to it is not a bad thing, as I loved GTA4.

And what of PS:p2, if anyone here has played it?

DMC4112.jpg

The demo for PSP2 is on the store if you haven't tried it out yet. Felt like a pretty nice little MMO grinder when I tried it -- but I don't know much about PS at all so..

[quote name='ninja dog']It's a shame. They finally made a good MK spin-off game, one that was better than every mainline game since UMK3, and it was the last.[/QUOTE]
I actually really loved the Sub Zero game. I need to go back and replay that sometime.

Also, I realllllly want a DMC collection, too.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
And what of PS:p2, if anyone here has played it?[/QUOTE]

I played some of it (mainly online) and it's pretty good. I really liked the last one too though...

If you like the kind of game PSP is I'd say go for it. Maybe try the demo first.

Beat mission 5 on Halo Reach solo Legendary, slowly making my way to the end of the game (probably could do it faster, but I haven't had much time to play games lately).

Just beat DMC1. Filled my dark soul with liiiiIIIIIIIIiiiight. That game has some of the worst (read: best) dialogue! Then Mission 2 on hard mode took the light away when one of those shadow cat things decimated me in a second, despite my life bar carrying over for NG+ and being in devil trigger.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, those cat things suck.

Did you die at the part where you have to fight like...2 or 3 of them at the same time?[/QUOTE]

There was one part in Normal mode where I had to fight two. I died and when I continued, they were replaced with two lizards. The game was like "yeah, you're too pussy for this right now."
the game was right.

They are fun as hell to fight. They make you learn how to dodge!

also, I never knew the lizards and frosts from DMC4 were originally in this game.

[quote name='whoknows']I still have mine from release day. :cool:

One of the few games I didn't sell.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Mine is the CE. :cool:

I should try finishing the game. Still have to go back through the dungeons with Dante. >_

I also still have my copy of DMC4. Every time I think about getting rid of it, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Tried some Move games, but I don't think I have enough room for it in my game room because it keeps messing up on me. I think if I mounted my TV on the wall it would be okay, but where I have my TV at now I constantly have to keep resetting the cursor.

Time Crisis demo is pretty fun tho. Definitly my fav on the demo disc. And I have to agree with Shipwreck: Disc Golf is my fav on Sports Champions too.

Good gravy, but there is a lot of shit to download off PSN tonight! A bunch of demos for Enslaved, Blade Kitten, NBA Elite, DJ Hero2, and some more Move games. Not to mention a new Pulse and some PSN Plus stuff. I'll just let the thing run overnight.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Right now I'm conflicted over what I want to purchase: Red Dead Redemption, or Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Since the hype is pretty much over for Red Dead, can anyone tell me how it is in comparison to say, GTA4? Please take note that being similar to it is not a bad thing, as I loved GTA4.

And what of PS:p2, if anyone here has played it?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely GTA:Wild Wild West.
It's got a better story.
The shooting mechanics are fantastic and the bullshit factor with "race" type missions is low.
I didn't think I'd like it much, since I'm not really into westerns or cowboys or that sort of shit.
I've gone from "play it quick from the trophies" to "keep it in my collection"... and I haven't even tried the MP.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I wonder if Ninja Theory learned from any of their mistakes making Heavenly Sword..[/QUOTE]

from what i've been reading, they haven't. bodes well for the future

[quote name='ninja dog']from what i've been reading, they haven't. bodes well for the future[/QUOTE]

I only needed to watch 3 minutes of the Enslaved footage to know they haven't. :lol:

house sitting for a really rich pothead is weird as fuck... but also pretty nice.

tired as fuck and tonight I have to program a ton of crap since I gotta be up in Toronto next week doing projections.

Looks like Crystal D is withholding online co-op from the PSN and PC versions of Lara Craft. Why do they keep announcing that the game will be missing this feature the week before it's coming out?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Looks like Crystal D is withholding online co-op from the PSN and PC versions of Lara Craft. Why do they keep announcing that the game will be missing this feature the week before it's coming out?[/QUOTE]

so is the 360 version still getting patched or no?

Enslaved demo is ok. Not really enough to make me want to buy it, but I suppose if there's a good deal on it...

I'm waiting on Enslaved, and I'm not exactly sure when I'll pick up QT since I just pre-ordered Atelier Rorona. I've never played any of the games in the series, but it looks pretty fun and Im just going to stay open-minded about it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']so is the 360 version still getting patched or no?[/QUOTE]
Probably, though I wouldn't touch this unfinished game on any platform with the way they've handled the release.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Looks like Crystal D is withholding online co-op from the PSN and PC versions of Lara Craft. Why do they keep announcing that the game will be missing this feature the week before it's coming out?[/QUOTE]

Why would they withhold online co-op?

[quote name='Cheska19']I'm waiting on Enslaved, and I'm not exactly sure when I'll pick up QT since I just pre-ordered Atelier Rorona. I've never played any of the games in the series, but it looks pretty fun and Im just going to stay open-minded about it.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking at Atelier Rorona as well, but no matter how many times I try to give Gust games a chance, I can never get into them. Usually they end up boring me to tears.

[quote name='Cheska19']Why would they withhold online co-op?[/QUOTE]

Because they can't get it to work right? /shrugs

On track to finish Lara Croft & the GoL before Dead Rising 2 comes in early next week. Hopefully I can fit in another game off the backlog inbetween. Also working on the missions/unlocking Koma in Jump! Ultimate Stars now that I have the main single player finished.

[quote name='panzerfaust']maybe if Enslaved bombs hard enough they'll have to pull out of DmC :pray:[/QUOTE]

"Enslaved bombed because it wasn't western enough." - Inafune

[quote name='gunm']I'm looking at Atelier Rorona as well, but no matter how many times I try to give Gust games a chance, I can never get into them. Usually they end up boring me to tears.

[/QUOTE]

I've never actually cried over one of those shitty RPGs, but Mana Khemia does have the distinction of being the only game I fell asleep while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back