GGT #44: An in-depth analysis of Quantum Theory's narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, I'm horrible at Street FIghter IV, just played for the first time on Very Easy and got my ass kicked by Blanka 5 or 6 matches in (arcade mode).

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Jeez, I'm horrible at Street FIghter IV, just played for the first time on Very Easy and got my ass kicked by Blanka 5 or 6 matches in (arcade mode).[/QUOTE]

Who are you playing as? If you chose Gen or Makoto, you lost at the character select screen.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']After playing Reach on Heroic I just want stroll through something. And I already ran into that thing.

Speaking of Reach, Some part of me is telling to go play it on Legendary... but the reasonable part is reminding of the time I put a hole in the wall while playing Persona FES. So that will probably just end with me being in both mental and physical pain...[/QUOTE]

I played Persona on Easy. It might be the only way I can enjoy JRPGs. Especially since there is so many instadeath spells in Persona.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I played Persona on Easy. It might be the only way I can enjoy JRPGs. Especially since there is so many instadeath spells in Persona.[/QUOTE]
I might have done that if you could change the difficulty of The Answer. But I think that is automatically set to hard.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Well this is a new low for Sony. I'm not really a fan of the Move but I think it's pretty disgusting to pull crap like this.[/QUOTE]

Regular PSN users will get it free as well, it's just PSN+ users get it first. I don't see what the problem is with that since PSN+ users are paying for just these kinds of things and regular PSN users aren't losing anything.

If anything it hurts early Move adopters who don't want to become PSN+ subscribers, but really not that much since they'll get it eventually too.

The problem is that is PSN+ wasn't there, everyone would have it now. It's exactly what everyone thought it would be like: start off with "new pay service, if you don't get it you aren't losing anything, but if you do you get benefits" and quickly move to "if you don't pay for this, you get fucked out of things you would have gotten already before."

[quote name='distgfx']Who are you playing as? If you chose Gen or Makoto, you lost at the character select screen.[/QUOTE]

Ryu.

CDQit.png

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Well this is a new low for Sony. I'm not really a fan of the Move but I think it's pretty disgusting to pull crap like this.[/QUOTE]

OH! DICK MOVE!

Monarch_%28The_Venture_Bros.%29.jpg

Why would Sony do that to early adopters of it's shitty Wii-mote?

Quantum Theory pre-orders are set to bust charts. Analysts are pointing to a highly positive demo impressions thread in the PS3 forum and a special edition of the GGT dedicated to the game.

Remember where you are next Tuesday, because your grandkids will ask you "Granddad, where were you the day Quantum Theory released?"

It will change lives.

[quote name='gunm']Regular PSN users will get it free as well, it's just PSN+ users get it first. I don't see what the problem is with that since PSN+ users are paying for just these kinds of things and regular PSN users aren't losing anything.[/QUOTE]

It's a dick move that punishes the early move adopters that are not PSN+ members. I mean they just spent how much on that thing and now have move functionality withheld from a game because Sony wants more money from them? It's insulting. Not to mention it will probably lead to more shit like that.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Remember where you are next Tuesday, because your grandkids will ask you "Granddad, where were you the day Quantum Theory released?"

It will change lives.[/QUOTE]

"well son, I was at the gamestop, picking up Quantum Theory along with that rare pre-order code that you kids call the 'Holy Grail.' We were so excited to play, we didn't even stop for Cheetos."

"You're the coolest granddad ever."

"Yep. Sometimes, I think it's sad that all other companies stopped making video games after Quantum Theory was released, but then again, why would they even bother?"

[quote name='Cheska19']Icebeast, thank you so much for posting that. Literally one of the best things I've seen in a while.[/QUOTE]

Huh, guess you missed it when I posted it the first time 1 or 2 GGTs ago. :p

Wonder how many more of the gifs I brought over from GAF in the initial days after the DmC reveal.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'd be cool for a SSIV GGT Session!

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I play on PS3, because I like the D-pad better. I'm in the process now of going back and rebuying all of my 360 fighting games on PS3.[/QUOTE]

PS3 for me. I'd fire up the wireless fightstick if you guys were playing.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm sure Activision will put Bungie on a Quantum Theory knockoff soon, if they already haven't.[/QUOTE]

Bungie is an independent company. As of now they just have a 10 year publishing deal with Activision. Of course that could change... but I doubt it. It would just be M$ for them all over again.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Bungie is an independent company. As of now they just have a 10 year publishing deal with Activision. Of course that could change... but I doubt it. It would just be M$ for them all over again.[/QUOTE]

I know, so I'll rephrase it.

Once Bungie sees the majestic glory of Quantum Theory and its massive sales, they'll quickly be working on a knockoff clone of it.

Better?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Once Bungie Bobby Kotex/Activison sees the majestic glory of Quantum Theory and its massive sales, they'll quickly give Bungie marching orders to work on YEARLY knockoff clones of it.
[/QUOTE]

Now it's better.

:fridge:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I know, so I'll rephrase it.

Once Bungie sees the majestic glory of Battle vs Chess and its massive sales, they'll quickly be working on a knockoff clone of it.

Better?[/QUOTE]
Fixed

[quote name='manthing']Now it's better.

:fridge:[/QUOTE]
lol Watch, Bungie and Treyarch will be churning out yearly Quantum Theory knockoffs.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Fixed[/QUOTE]
Dude, that's like, next gen Battle Chess. I'm hyped.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dude, that's like, next gen Battle Chess. I'm hyped.[/QUOTE]

Actually that does sound kind of cool...

[quote name='hankmecrankme']

Once Bungie sees the majestic glory of Quantum Theory and its massive sales, they'll quickly be working on a knockoff clone of it.

[/QUOTE]

gears_3.jpg

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']It's a dick move that punishes the early move adopters that are not PSN+ members. I mean they just spent how much on that thing and now have move functionality withheld from a game because Sony wants more money from them? It's insulting. Not to mention it will probably lead to more shit like that.[/QUOTE]

It's not a big deal, really. Even if I wasn't a PSN+ sub already, I wouldn't really care. I don't even have that particular game, and it's not like I'm going to buy it just because it now has Move compatibility.

But I'll tell you what a Big Deal is....QUANTUM THEORY!!!11!!

That shit spits FIRE son, I'm tellin' you, QT is going to rock your mutha-lovin' socks off--it's off the chaiiinnnN!!!!!11! :hot::hot::bouncy:

Anyone else play the enslaved demo? The controls don't feel right. And I already hate the Nariko knock off character.

I'm calling it now
nariko playable in DmC

[quote name='BlueScrote']Anyone else play the DmC demo? The controls don't feel right. And I already hate the Dante knock off character.[/QUOTE]

Fixed for the future.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Anyone else play the DmC demo? The controls don't feel right. And I already hate the Dante knock off character.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Fixed for the future.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the crappy MS paint skillz

I'm so out of the loop in regards to knowing what the fuck is happening... been programming alot of random shit that my brain wants a break...

might hop into playing Valk Chron 2 or play Phantasy Star Portable 2 for a bit since I havent even started it yet.

Sigh... currently fighting the good fight on ebay after not receiving my copy of Dodonpachi Daioujou for the 360 :whistle2:/

Well, eventually.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm so out of the loop in regards to knowing what the fuck is happening... been programming alot of random shit that my brain wants a break...

might hop into playing Valk Chron 2 or play Phantasy Star Portable 2 for a bit since I havent even started it yet.[/QUOTE]

whatcha been programming and it what? For your iPhone game?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Dallow, I LOVE YOU!

Edit: For the PvZ thing, not the whole Vanquish thing.[/QUOTE]

PvZ thing is sorta cool, except if you are OCD about trophies/cheeses like I am. You can't play from your normal account, so what's the use? :S

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Two Vanquish demos just prove how inferior it is to Quantum Theory twice.[/QUOTE]

The dude in QT is way cooler than the dude in Vanquish.

Everyone in the GGT should be required to have a QT avatar...and everyone should have the same one.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah you can Frosty.
I just switched to my US account after downloading and it was ready to play.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I've been playing on my Taiwanese tag...

:oops:

[quote name='dallow']Yeah you can Frosty.
I just switched to my US account after downloading and it was ready to play.[/QUOTE]

I thought you might be able to, but people in the thread were saying you had to be logged into the Taiwan account to play... maybe I'll bother with it after all.

[quote name='BlueScrote']whatcha been programming and it what? For your iPhone game?[/QUOTE]

right now I've had to work on another project for Canada that's being projected on a building for a weekend. Basically it's a 2 player spear fishing game where the enemies come out of the windows...

it's going slower than I want but it's pretty awesome... lets just say you can kill mermaids and mermen alongside manatees and castaways. I'm helping build the controllers next week once I'm up there in toronto...

after that october is busy as fuck with lectures I am heading up and being part of a music group shit... that's on top of the iphone stuff >_

well got free pvz

was paranoid we could be banned for it then when the new thread popped up and someone mentioned hexic 2 being free for korean accounts a few years ago then i realized that nothing happened to everyone who did that

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back