GGT #44: An in-depth analysis of Quantum Theory's narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't win anything from the Subway thing. So ok, we probably won't get banned, but do you think they will have the ability to somehow block all the people who got codes from playing the full game?

It's possible, but I don't think they're going to bother trying to track everyone who got a full unlock--it's not worth it.

Again, it's not like people hacked it--the codes with the full game were given out freely.

If you're really worried about it, then just play the game offline during the "beta" period.

How you get the free Lara Croft?

And I've won a few things from the Subway contest - but I don't know what JSP is talking about, there are only 6 Chili Peppers.

Why only half nekkid??

Move is basically what Wii should have been as far as HD capability, true 1:1 tracking and accuracy. I tried some of the demos and such and it's quite a workout. I like how I can get away with sitting on the couch for most of the games though. >_<

Still waiting on my other Move controller. Not sure why, but it shipped separately from the bundle. I really want to play more archery...

Anyhoo, time to shower and hit the hay...

All of my gaming time has been playing reach multiplayer. I'm still only about halfway through the campaign. I wish other multiplayer games had this level of quality for their match making.

All my time's been going into Reach, too. Only have 4 missions left in Campaign on Legendary and only have 4 matches left to do in the Weekly Challenge.

[quote name='Cheska19']Ok so Lara Croft is done downloading. I really want to play, but I'm afraid of getting banned. Do you think they would do that?[/QUOTE]

WTF, girl, are you serious? Why would they ban you? You were given a legitimate code for a free download from Gamespot. When you used the code, you downloaded what was given to you. You didn't go off and jailbreak your PS3 and pirate a copy to play. You're not cheating online. There's absolutely zero reason for banning here. And if you're worried about it getting "locked out" as you didn't actually purchase it, well then, you can play until it gets locked out and if you like it... then throw them the sale.

Either that, or use your Sony connections to get yourself a hookup, Tester. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: @ NT making DmC (still, yes, I know...)

oh4uxf.jpg

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Frosty, I love you.

Also, I agree, Sony ain't going to ban you for something like that, Ches.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man -- I honestly don't remember HS being having that much input lag, but damn... it does seem familiar thinking back on it.

remember when PS3 controllers would randomly de-sync and your character would start running off in one direction? that was the worst. I'm surprised there wasn't more uproar about it. They didn't fix it for quite a while either.

Yeah. I'm not sure if it was ever fixed? Or it quietly went away.
I got an import DS3 that never had the issue, but it would with the launch Sixaxis.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']It's too bad SA2 couldn't have been ALL Sonic/Shadow levels. *sigh*[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about? I loved the Knuckles and Rouge levels (and Rouge had the best music). I like environmental puzzle stuff in general, though, so maybe that's just a personal preference on my part :razz: I quit playing the game and got rid of it after encountering the Camera from Hell in a certain Sonic level.

Then again, that was the DC version. I don't know if they fixed some of the wonky camera stuff for the Gamecube one.

[quote name='ninja dog']remember when PS3 controllers would randomly de-sync and your character would start running off in one direction? that was the worst. I'm surprised there wasn't more uproar about it. They didn't fix it for quite a while either.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dallow']Yeah. I'm not sure if it was ever fixed? Or it quietly went away.
I got an import DS3 that never had the issue, but it would with the launch Sixaxis.[/QUOTE]

Never had this issue. My goddamn Sixaxis controller will randomly have the left analog sick in the "up" direction. No clue why or how to fix it. :(

[quote name='ninja dog']:rofl:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Gross.[/QUOTE]

Someone did the math -- the GIF makes it slow down too much for some reason, so it's not that bad... however, someone claimed it was a 300ms input delay, which they pointed out was WORSE than Kinect.

lol 300 ms. That's a shitload. At 30 fps, that's around 9 frames of input lag. . .

My Sixaxis from March 2007 would desync all the time. Hated it. DS3 doesn't desync at all.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl: @ NT making DmC (still, yes, I know...)

oh4uxf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hmm... is that a samsung? If so, I'm blaming 1/3 of it on it. It's still laughable though. :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Never had this issue. My goddamn Sixaxis controller will randomly have the left analog sick in the "up" direction. No clue why or how to fix it. :( [/QUOTE]

Actually my Sixaxis had that same exact problem, so I just got rid of it.

I did play Lara Croft last night, and so far it's a pretty fun game. I do think some of the trophies may be a little difficult to get :(

[quote name='gunm']Ow, I'm sore from playing Move last night. :p

Either that, or I slept funny.[/QUOTE]

Get used to it lol. My arms were so sore from playing archery, I tried the whole "aim from your hips" but it's A. not a fun and B. I'm not as accurate.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I forgot how to play Bioshock 2 so I had to bump the game down to easy...[/QUOTE]

Say whaaaat? I forgot how to play and kept it on normal. Right on the d-pad is for health packs, you shoot the assholes who fight you and go from point A to point B the entire time. There, bump up the difficulty to normal now. :cool:

[quote name='distgfx']Say whaaaat? I forgot how to play and kept it on normal. Right on the d-pad is for health packs, you shoot the assholes who fight you and go from point A to point B the entire time. There, bump up the difficulty to normal now. :cool:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Gunm, did you get any real Move games (oxymoron) or just Sports Balls?[/QUOTE]

I already have RE5 Gold and Heavy Rain, but haven't tried them with the Move controls yet. Also, I'm still waiting for the second Move controller.

[quote name='distgfx']Say whaaaat? I forgot how to play and kept it on normal. Right on the d-pad is for health packs, you shoot the assholes who fight you and go from point A to point B the entire time. There, bump up the difficulty to normal now. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I just want to stroll through Minerva's Den and destroy everything.

Ok, after reading Ninja Theory's response to the DMC criticism. I'm with the people who are annoyed at them...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I just want to stroll through Minerva's Den and destroy everything.

Ok, after reading Ninja Theory's response to the DMC criticism. I'm with the people who are annoyed at them...[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, just watch out for the
SOLAR FLARE!

LOL @ NT's response - You fuckin' twats, do you want to drive the series into the ground while simultaneously killing the DMC franchise's fanbase? Oh wait, they did that with the trailer.

[quote name='distgfx']Fair enough, just watch out for the
SOLAR FLARE!
[/QUOTE]

After playing Reach on Heroic I just want stroll through something. And I already ran into that thing.

Speaking of Reach, Some part of me is telling to go play it on Legendary... but the reasonable part is reminding of the time I put a hole in the wall while playing Persona FES. So that will probably just end with me being in both mental and physical pain...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Ok, after reading Ninja Theory's response to the DMC criticism. I'm with the people who are annoyed at them...[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Dante was a clueless, self-absorbed wanker too.

Just read that article, and NT's response just came off as being idiotic to me. Yes, I can understand why they changed Dante, but this a reaccuring series, you can't just change the way a main character looks and expect people to response well to it. Just look at what happened with Cole from inFAMOUS.

[quote name='Cheska19']Just read that article, and NT's response just came off as being idiotic to me. Yes, I can understand why they changed Dante, but this a reaccuring series, you can't just change the way a main character looks and expect people to response well to it. Just look at what happened with Cole from inFAMOUS.[/QUOTE]

At least they changed him back; they LISTENED to their fanbase.

[quote name='Cheska19']Just read that article, and NT's response just came off as being idiotic to me. Yes, I can understand why they changed Dante, but this a reaccuring series, you can't just change the way a main character looks and expect people to response well to it. Just look at what happened with Cole from inFAMOUS.[/QUOTE]

Or at least not be surprised by the reaction you get.

Fun fact, The New Dante kind of looks like the Ninja Theory creative director Tameem Antoniades...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Or at least not be surprised by the reaction you get.

Fun fact, The New Dante kind of looks like the Ninja Theory creative director Tameem Antoniades...[/QUOTE]

Fun fact #2, they haven't even started on the combat for DmC. I predict UE3 w/ 30fps mashing; enslaved style.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Or at least not be surprised by the reaction you get.

Fun fact, The New Dante kind of looks like the Ninja Theory creative director Tameem Antoniades...[/QUOTE]

And Robert Pattenson.

That worries me since I have only heard meh things about enslaved.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']And Robert Pattenson.[/QUOTE]
Can't unsee...

Did anyone get the Sony, Nintendo Power, and OXM from Amazon when they were having that huge sale for $5 a piece/annual subscriptions? I feel like I haven't been getting a magazine from each place every month.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Well this is a new low for Sony. I'm not really a fan of the Move but I think it's pretty disgusting to pull crap like this.[/QUOTE]

PSN+ is the new XBL Gold! Gotta "attract" new PSN+ users somehow.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'd be cool for a SSIV GGT Session![/QUOTE]

Only one problem... it'd probably be split down the middle for what system people play on. *PS3*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back