GGT #45 has covered wars, y'know...in Fortune City, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus_S_Preston

CAGiversary!
99519-deadrising2.jpg

Really would rather not go to long classes tomorrow and just play Dead Rising 2 all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'll get DR2 if it doesn't suck like the first game did.[/QUOTE]

Oh mai oui.

And wtf, half the GGT are trying to be lawyers. That 'splains so much.

I'm gonna be walking 40 minutes round-trip in the hot hot sun just to go to Gamestop to pick up my copy of Dead Rising 2.

It'll be worth it though. Totally, dawg.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Why are people that have both PS3 and 360 getting DR2 on PS3 when they won't have access to Case Zero or Case West?[/QUOTE]

Because they are knights of Mana.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Why are people that have both PS3 and 360 getting DR2 on PS3 when they won't have access to Case Zero or Case West?[/QUOTE]

Who is doing that?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'll get DR2 if it doesn't suck like the first game did.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

Capcom has gone way downhill this gen.

I wont touch DR2 till I play case zero... plus I usually stick with the same console when jumping to sequels.

DR1 is still one of my top fave 360 games and the first that made me feel like this gen of gaming came into its own finally.

Oh crap, I won a PS3 Move bundle via Subway FF, but I think my contact information got messed up and my shipping address ended up being incomplete. Great, one of the few times I win a "big" prize and I probably won't be able to get it. Fired off an email to the prize fulfillment center, but I'm not too hopeful.

Easy come, easy go... :p

Edit1: I'm still playing this stupid game now--won another $5 Subway GC. I'll be eating flatbreads at least. :p

Edit2: Won an SD movie rental for Clash of the Titans...something to watch while I eat my Subway sandwich, I guess. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ninja dog Im pretty sure you were the one asking about Nier. If you weren't sorry, I'm too lazy to check who it was that was actually inquiring about it, but just thought I'd mention it's currently Amazon's DotD: http://www.amazon.com/NIER-Playstat...r_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285666452&sr=8-1. I haven't played the game myself, but I'm picking it up at that price point. I don't see it dropping a whole lot more until next year, and from what I've been reading it looks like it has a pretty emotional story and most people enjoyed the game itself.

As for Dead Rising 2, I won't be picking that up right away, if at all. Kind of burned out on zombie games, although I will admit the game looks fun as hell.

I hear Nier has a pretty clumsy controls. Since it's hack n slash gameplay, I'm not sure that's going to end well.

Reviews are mixed, but there are folks who think the game is "fun" overall. Today's discount plus Fight Club is good enough for me to give it a shot at least...

Well the main complaints seem to be graphics and some control issues, but as almost everyone here should know, graphics shouldn't be the selling point. Just read through a couple more reviews, and the more I heard about how compelling the story is, the more I want to play. Almost all of the reviews I read stated that they couldn't put the game down, and that they went back for multiple playthroughs. That screams a good game to me...

I canceled my DR2 pre-order yesterday, some of the early reviews were troubling and I've got so many games to play at the mo I decided I didn't need it right now.

I'll pick it up at some point in the future.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']A couple of people on here have mentioned it. Just seems weird / kinda pointless.[/QUOTE]

You heard it folks, you're all weirdos and making a pointless purchase if you buy it on the PS3 to play with your friends.

j/k jimbob, it did kinda come off that way though. Gotta go where your friends are, even if it means dealing with a shitty port + less content. -_-

[quote name='gunm']I hear Nier has a pretty clumsy controls. Since it's hack n slash gameplay, I'm not sure that's going to end well.

Reviews are mixed, but there are folks who think the game is "fun" overall. Today's discount plus Fight Club is good enough for me to give it a shot at least...[/QUOTE]
The controls aren't perfect, but it's an action RPG not a pure action game. It really has to be looked at as more of a Zelda style game.

[quote name='distgfx']You heard it folks, you're all weirdos and making a pointless purchase if you buy it on the PS3 to play with your friends.

j/k jimbob, it did kinda come off that way though. Gotta go where your friends are, even if it means dealing with a shitty port + less content. -_-
[/QUOTE]

basically its a matter of inverted peer pressure?

[quote name='Cheska19']Hey ninja dog Im pretty sure you were the one asking about Nier. If you weren't sorry, I'm too lazy to check who it was that was actually inquiring about it, but just thought I'd mention it's currently Amazon's DotD: http://www.amazon.com/NIER-Playstat...r_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285666452&sr=8-1. I haven't played the game myself, but I'm picking it up at that price point. I don't see it dropping a whole lot more until next year, and from what I've been reading it looks like it has a pretty emotional story and most people enjoyed the game itself.

As for Dead Rising 2, I won't be picking that up right away, if at all. Kind of burned out on zombie games, although I will admit the game looks fun as hell.[/QUOTE]

whoa, it's like I willed the DOTD!

I really wanna wait for $19.99 on this.

I have a copy of Viewtiful Joe coming tomorrow and I should finish MW2 at some point.

You get Square Enix member points with their newer games, if that's any incentive to get Nier, lol.

The graphics do look impressively terrible though. But it might be a fun purchase for $20 or under later on.

Good to see your taste hasn't improved.

Woo, DR2 was like twenty minutes away from me two hours ago according to trackering.

*checks mail hourly*

Apparently, the note I left the Fed Ex guy was awesome enough to get him to just leave the package. I now Japanese PS2 having!! OH... MY GAMESOFTS!!!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']All your posts about dodododondopoci japanese shit say otherwise[/QUOTE]

Yes, but all of TMK's posts are about getting whipped with a Kingdom Hearts belt, blowing a load on Sora's face, and then wiping it off with towel that has Sora on it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']All your posts about dodododondopoci japanese shit say otherwise[/QUOTE]

The real TMK would never play a game like that. It's has to be an RPG with swishy looking male characters. Like Nier!

[quote name='gunm']The real TMK would never play a game like that. It's has to be an RPG with swishy looking male characters. Like Nier![/QUOTE]
kaine_nier_Done_by_J4ck_eR.jpg

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Good to see your taste hasn't improved.[/QUOTE]
You're right. It hasn't improved. It's stayed as awesome as it's always been.

Who cares you want to suck a girl's dick.

My DR2 is here but I have to wait until the mail room opens and that won't be until after classsss. Boo hiss

While you seem like a nice guy, I cannot accept your opinions, sir.
The first DR is one of 3 games worth having a 360 for, in my opinion.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I might get Lords of Shadow when it's $30. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

$45+using gcs and getting $20 credit is close enough for me :cool:

PS3 is my preferred controller/platform. So if the port is the same quality, mostly, I'll go with the PS3 version every time. I don't trust my 360. I'm on my 3rd and it's barely ever used, yet it always sounds like it's ready to die. Couple that with not wanting to shell out cash for live?

I bought and played CZ on the 360. I don't really care about the 4 levels I gained with Chuck or getting the combo cards again. I'll get CW on the 360 too if it's standalone like CZ was.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so anyone getting castlevania LoS?

it has markmans seal of approval :p
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23576492&postcount=607[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I might get Lords of Shadow when it's $30. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

For the 70th time, yes, I have it ordered.
$40 (Amazon has a $20 preorder credit on it) for what looks to be a GoW clone combat wise with a little bit of zelda/darksiders maybe in the Castlevania universe? Sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back