GGT #47 Hates Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played more GTA myself. I'm going pretty slowly as I enjoy screwing around in Liberty City too much.

Afterwards, I DL'd the Nintendo Channel. It's pretty cool. Can't wait to try the DS demos.

Edit: there's some demos up now as lilboo pointed out to me, but I too sleepy to try 'em right now.

Never played any of the Halo games. But I dislike most FPS games in general anyway. I suck so hard at them. The last one I played for awhile with a group of friends was the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942.

On Disc 4 of Final Fantasy IX. Gonna try to finish it up in the next couple days.

Don't ask me why I'm up this early.

Anyway, played some Mario Kart Wii. Unlocked
Special Cup and Lighting Cup, absolutely can't wait to play Rainbow Road.
Can't wait to play online with some CAG members. I played some Rock Band too last night and unlocked more songs. I need to play DDR Universe 2 on 360 since I haven't touched it for two days (I still like DDR, but Mario Kart Wii and Rock Band have been getting most of my attention). Also need to open Beautiful Katamari.

I just got my grades from college, and it appears I really did pass the second portion of senior design, getting an A; however, due to it being one credit hour, didn't raise my GPA. :whistle2:( I was hoping to end with a 3.6, but I'm ending with a 3.59. I'm such a huge failure. :cry:
[quote name='Krymner']Never played any of the Halo games. But I dislike most FPS games in general anyway. I suck so hard at them. The last one I played for awhile with a group of friends was the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942.

On Disc 4 of Final Fantasy IX. Gonna try to finish it up in the next couple days.[/QUOTE]

I'm terrible at FPS too, but mostly just play them with friends for the social aspect, that's all. That's what makes them more enjoyable.

Not liking FPS in general is acceptable.

But as Halo is the pinnacle of the FPS genre anyone that likes FPS must like Halo.

That's basic logic.

I liked the Halo 3 singleplayer, but I'm put off playing the multiplayer as I feel I'm too far behind to start and I don't particularly want to spend my evening being told to "Get Raped" or to "fuck off you N###er"

Nice GGT title though, seems like you've captured the general feeling there.

I agree with TMK about Sega Superstars Tennis, picked it up for $20 (on 360) on Friday and I think it was well worth it. Game is a lot of fun.

Ended up playing some more Bully last night, I really like the game but the constant loads are a real pain.

[quote name='wubb']Not liking FPS in general is acceptable.

But as Halo is the pinnacle of the FPS genre anyone that likes FPS must like Halo.

That's basic logic.[/QUOTE]

No sense trying to talk logic with this group. They're like a knitting circle with their devotion and hatred towards certain things. See: Devil May Cry and Halo, respectively.

If it's PC, PS3, or Japanese, GGT is all over it.

If you have a problem with the way the GGT is jer, I'm surprised you still post here.

Anyway, I tried out the DS download demo on Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword. Pretty cool game, although not sure if I will buy it.

Jer just wants to make fun of the people that are in here, and the games that most of us like. I am also surprised he still hangs around considering how much complaining he does.

I hope Street Fighter IV doesn't suck nearly as much dick as Soul Calibur 1-3/Tekken1-99.

Those fighting games are wayyy too slow... I need some action in my life! 3d fighting garbage FTL.

Yeah, just heard about that ME authenticating BS. Its seriously kinda making me want to cancel my preorder. It upsets me.

But then, I see something like this, and it makes me happier.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhsh6H-PTVc[/media]

[quote name='tiredfornow']I hope Street Fighter IV doesn't suck nearly as much dick as Soul Calibur 1-3/Tekken1-99.

Those fighting games are wayyy too slow... I need some action in my life! 3d fighting garbage FTL.[/quote]It will. Dimps is making it.

Chacrana we miss you!

I'm home sick today X_X.

TMK, that is a good GPA. At least you're not one of those guys that try to graduate at the bare minimum, I hated those types when I was still in college. I mean, I was no model student, but I was no jackass either (going to class once in a blue moon, barely passing etc.)

I hated college. I ditched a lot due to arcade gaming ;) Haven't gone back yet. Too much stuff went on in life, maybe if I'm bored/reach a roadblock I'll go back to school.

NES. Sleep.

[quote name='jer7583']No sense trying to talk logic with this group. They're like a knitting circle with their devotion and hatred towards certain things. See: Devil May Cry and Halo, respectively.

If it's PC, PS3, or Japanese, GGT is all over it.[/quote]
that's funny, seeing as how a bunch of people here are playing GTA4, an American game, on their 360.

thanks, come again.

i don't have halo but i'd play if i could. i used to borrow my friend's copy for months, but he finally wanted it back. i bet me and inufaye would be enough to win.

^_-

I think Chac is still addicted to P3FES.

Damn, I need a new desk chair. This one is falling apart, but its over 6 years old, so I guess its not supposed to last forever. Anyone got any suggestions for an office chair less than $50? I guess I'll go looking around B&M stores this weekend, but I hate shopping for furniture as much as I hate shopping for clothes.

However, shopping for video games is hella fun. Does anyone here ever go shopping in a mall or a big department store and NOT go into the video game section? I mean, I could just head over to Wal-Mart only to get some toothpaste or something, but I still gotta just look at the video games. I've never bought any games from Wal-Mart but it never stops me from looking.

I always go to Wal-Mart for random stuff and wind up forgetting what I came for because I'm scanning the videogame aisle for deals. Someday that copy of Sega Superstar Soccer (or whatever it's called) is going to drop from $49.96 dammit!

[quote name='Krymner']I think Chac is still addicted to P3FES.

Damn, I need a new desk chair. This one is falling apart, but its over 6 years old, so I guess its not supposed to last forever. Anyone got any suggestions for an office chair less than $50? I guess I'll go looking around B&M stores this weekend, but I hate shopping for furniture as much as I hate shopping for clothes.

However, shopping for video games is hella fun. Does anyone here ever go shopping in a mall or a big department store and NOT go into the video game section? I mean, I could just head over to Wal-Mart only to get some toothpaste or something, but I still gotta just look at the video games. I've never bought any games from Wal-Mart but it never stops me from looking.[/QUOTE]I do the same also. I ALWAYS go to the video game section first, unless something else is crazy important. I may not buy anything, but I always look. I use to keep track of what games every store in my area had.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Yoshi is no good in Mario Kart, man.[/QUOTE]I wanted a Toad Mario Kart Wii picture but did not find one. I'm always Yoshi or Toad when playing Mario Kart games.

[quote name='Krymner']
However, shopping for video games is hella fun. Does anyone here ever go shopping in a mall or a big department store and NOT go into the video game section? I mean, I could just head over to Wal-Mart only to get some toothpaste or something, but I still gotta just look at the video games. I've never bought any games from Wal-Mart but it never stops me from looking.[/QUOTE]

I sometimes don't check the video game section at Wal-Mart just because they never have any deals (whicih I assume is why you've never bought any games there :D ) but yeah I do pop in a lot of times when I'm there for something else just to look around.

1) Halo 3 does really suck. Single player wasn't particularly fun, and the multiplayer is nowhere near as enjoyable as what was in Halo 1. Way to go backwards, Bungie. As such, I won't be in the GGT Vs. OTT thing. Maybe if the name of the game is Unreal Tournament III, we can figure something out since that's actually halfway decent.

2) I still haven't picked up SNK Arcade Classics, because Gamestop hasn't gotten it in stock. In retrospect, I should've ordered it from Amazon, but now, I just wanna get it as soon as possible. Markmayng said he was playing it, so I pose this question: How's the emulation for Metal Slug, Baseball Stars 2, and Shock Troopers. I have no doubt that SNK really did fuck this thing up for some of the games like the IGN review suggests, but I'll get it if those games are spot-on (particularly Metal Slug 1, as it's one of my favorite arcade games of all time.)

3) I'm annoyed that Play-Asia said "yeah, we can get you Metal Slug 3," and now they've said "we can't get you Metal Slug 3." I was able to order it from Yesasia.com, instead, but I dunno how much I trust that semi-broke-ass site. My copy of Metal Slug 6 should be here soon, now that I think about it... also, Beatmania IIDX 10th Style... yeah, the guy I bought it from said "oh, it was lost in tha mail," so he refunded me and I had to buy it from this other guy that was charging $10 more. oh well, gotta Beatoff.

4) Persona 3 FES. I played 54 hours of this game in the last 6 days. I've never done that. Should finish The Journey today. I usually blow through RPGs super-quick, but with SMT games, I like to take my time for some reason. Needless to say, I recommend this to anyone who likes games and doesn't have Downs.

5) I'm prolly getting a Capresso coffee maker... or rather, I've convinced my parents to get one. You guys tried those things? fuckin' nice.

6) That Mass Effect stuff pisses me the fuck off. If it didn't have that extra content, I'd go with the 360 version instead. Actually, I wouldn't bother even with the extra content unless I was absolutely sure that a crack would be out within a day. Why do I have to circumvent shit I buy? I don't know, but the PC deserves to die as a gaming platform because of it.

Shoot, I still play CS Source after all these years.

Despite the lag that pops up every now and then, I've been playing that for about 6-7 years now....scary. It's probably the one on-line game I've ever stayed with.

Mods like GG and zombie kinda branch out the fun too

No Virtua Fighter love in this thread? That's the one 3d fighting came I could play all day. I've got 4 and 4E, but never got into 5.

The magical videogame isles are too irresistible. I do most of my shopping at Target, so always have to check and see if they've added to their clearance section.

Today, I'm determined to turn on my Wii. Hooked it up yesterday, but never got around to playing it. It's either that or pull out the Rock Band drums.

Man, it's frustrating having stuff to do in the morning. All I want to do today is play Persona 3 Fes and finish off The Journey, because I know I'm at the very end. What will I do with my time then?

The answer is The Answer.

Edit: Oh, and checking Gamefaqs, which is obviously a dubious source but the only one I have, it seems that Shock Troopers is one of the games that falls prey to massive slowdown on SNK Arcade Classics. That's a shame. Hopefully they won't fuck up the important one, Shock Troopers 2, on the inevitable second volume.

Or hopefully SNKPUSA will just go under by then.

[quote name='daroga']So, all you PC guys... looking forward to authenticating Mass Effect every 10 days?

Should be sweet.[/QUOTE]

It's not just Mass Effect... it's Spore, and it's every other EA game to ever come out on the PC from here on out.

THQ / Take Two has said they will also adopt Bioshock's similar DRM for EVERY game they put out on the PC from here on it, including Mafia 2. If GTA 4 were to ever come out on the PC, it's going to include this same sort of DRM.

Bethesda just came out and said that they're switching focus from PC's to console's and they are designing console games first and primarily in design - Kotaku just had an article on it where Bethesda talked about Fallout 3.

It has been a very bad couple of days for the PC. Which sucks, I love the PC, espically the truly exclusive games like Stalker, TF 2 (might as well be PC exclusive with the amount of stuff it gets), and Stardock's stuff, but all this DRM'ed shit is ridiculous, and developers are bailing left and right.

Hell, even Witcher 2 is going to consoles now too =/

I just wish more developers would sign on to Steam and most of this ridiculous DRM would leave.

In good news, Blizzard now does digital distribution, and you can sign up your CD key's on it and get forever downloadable version of their games!

So my wife and I watched the Wii Fit video on the Nintendo channel this morning. Her first reaction was, "I know it's not the point at all, but that skiing game with a beer would be really fun."

I think we've got the graduation party activity all figured out.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I wanted a Toad Mario Kart Wii picture but did not find one. I'm always Yoshi or Toad when playing Mario Kart games.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I'll beat you in any of those games and they will still suck. :cool:
Same here, but I actually played Brawl and use Snake. :D[/quote]
Sounds like a challenge.

We need a fighting game GGT defense force. Markman can be the secret leader on the top floor of the castle. I'll be the guy on the 2nd floor because I'm not that good.

Nice tier whoring on Brawl, btw.

Yoshi's gay.

1185901042720.gif

[quote name='kainzero']Sounds like a challenge.

We need a fighting game GGT defense force. Markman can be the secret leader on the top floor of the castle. I'll be the guy on the 2nd floor because I'm not that good.

Nice tier whoring on Brawl, btw.[/QUOTE]

I got 2nd in the SFIII tourney we had last year, and that game isn't my specialty at all... so I call 3rd floor, at least.

Reigning champ of Melty Blood to be sure, though.

whooo~!!!!

I got my stimulas check jus now!!!

600 phattys in direct deposit beeyotch!!

that's my MGS4 PS Triple rite there

[quote name='bornrunnin31']No Virtua Fighter love in this thread? That's the one 3d fighting came I could play all day. I've got 4 and 4E, but never got into 5.

The magical videogame isles are too irresistible. I do most of my shopping at Target, so always have to check and see if they've added to their clearance section.

Today, I'm determined to turn on my Wii. Hooked it up yesterday, but never got around to playing it. It's either that or pull out the Rock Band drums.[/QUOTE]I like Virtua Fighter. Back when Virtua Fighter 2 was out, I actually preferred it over Tekken. Once Tekken 3 came out, Tekken became my favorite. I liked VF3, but not as much. The 4th Virtua Fighter games got me into the series more while the 5th was great too. However, I got Tekken 5: DR and VF5, both on PS3, around the same time. I ended up playing Tekken 5: DR 4X more, so I can safely say it's just more for me, buy VF5 is excellent and I still play that every once in a while.

It's tough to do video game shopping at my local Target because there's two locations in my hometown. One WAY out of my way (like 30+ minutes away), and the other around 20 minutes away). The one that's 20 minutes away is the one I go to, but it's very busy and very difficult to get clearance stuff. They also just don't carry all that much in gaming. In my college town, the Super Target there is excellent at finding clearance stuff. Good news is a new Target is getting built in my area right in-between Wal-Mart and Meijer (in an area I usually have good luck finding stuff, which is closest to me). Most of my game buying comes from Meijer, due to sales and carrying almost every video game I want.

I'll probably play Rock Band today. Hope to finish unlocking songs. :) I want to get guitar over with so I can work on drums and singing.

[quote name='jman619']It is the other way around for me. I prefer 2d fighters over the 3d ones. Mortal kombat is a great example of this. Although tekken, and soul calibur are great for 3d ones.[/QUOTE]I like 2D fighters a lot, don't get me wrong (I'm definitely a huge Guilty Gear fan), but I dunno, I just got into 3D fighters mostly at one point. I absolutely want Battle Fantasia on PS3 (

After playing enough GTA around 20 hours.

I can safely same its the same stupid mission structure and is so repetitive.
I think I can safely say its the most overrated game of all time, eclipsing OoT.

Back to the superior Lost Odyssey.

[quote name='JEKKI']whooo~!!!!

I got my stimulas check jus now!!!

600 phattys in direct deposit beeyotch!!

that's my MGS4 PS Triple rite there[/quote]

Ahh dammit, for some reason the place I went to didn't give info for Direct Deposit, so now I have to wait for it in the mail....and looking at the schedule I'll be part of the last group that gets it in July >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back