GGT 63 - FF XIII on 360 too! Sony fans am cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
BEATEN!

Just wanted to start the thread, let's edit it later ya?

Obligatory fanboyism before this thread gets rolling:

CHRONO TRIGGER DS!

I've been so hype about the game but I dunno even when it comes out (in the US)! :p

MM, when are we gettin' it?

And to continue with the PS3 thing, I gots 13 or 14 games right now.

Please keep this on the down low everyone, I don't wanna get busted for leaking shots of it early.

Without further ado, I give you... CHRONO TRIGGER ON THE DS!!!!

2661654367_619ebf7865_b.jpg

[quote name='gunm']I've been so hype about the game but I dunno even when it comes out (in the US)! :p

MM, when are we gettin' it?

And to continue with the PS3 thing, I gots 13 or 14 games right now.[/quote]

November.

[quote name='MarkMan']Please keep this on the down low everyone, I don't wanna get busted for leaking shots of it early.

November.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Looks great!!!

Since we are talking about PS3 situations...

I own Ratchet, Motorstorm (hate because there are more fun racers and the load times are absurd), and MLB 08: The Show. I rented Heavenly Sword and it was pretty and a mindless button masher, kind of mediocre, got half way through and returned I might pick it up again in the future when I can find it on the cheap. I also rented Resistance when I first got the PS3 but the multiplayer I didn't enjoy as much as Gears and the single player felt kinda... bland. I have much higher hopes for Resistance 2. I think I'm going to pick Resistance up again when it goes Greatest Hits. I own Tekken 5 DR, Everyday Shooter, and Warhawk on the PSN. All I play on PS3 right now is The Show and some Tekken. I plan on getting MGS4 eventually too.

In terms of importance the reasons I bought the PS3 are for Blu-ray, exclusives (LBP, The Show series, Socom, Tekken 6, White Knight, God of War 3, Resistance, Killzone, FF13, MGS4, Twisted Metal, etc. etc.), for having a reliable console when my 360 RRoDs, and PS2 backwards compatibility. (I suspect exclusives will become more important to me this fall/winter).

I NEVER have bought multi platform games for PS3 and never will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I have CoD4, NHL 08, Uncharted, Folklore, MGS4 on PS3. Used to have but traded in after completing Ratchet, Resistance, and Assassin's Creed. I don't have a 360 so PS3 is my only toy right now. Wii never gets played.

PS3... I've got MGS4 LE, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Ridge Racer 7... all of those games are great, and there's nothing else domestic that I want.

[quote name='nyprimus4']
I NEVER have bought multi platform games for PS3 and never will.[/QUOTE]

im opposite...ill never by multi platform games for my 360 since have had a lot of problems with my 360

i have these ps3 games:

Call Of Duty 4
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Enchanted Arms
Folklore
Grand Theft Auto IV SE
Gundam Crossfire
Initial D: Extreme Stage
Medal of Honor: Airbourne
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots LE
Ninja Gaiden Sigma CE
The Orange Box
Resistance: Fall of Man
Rock Band
Time Crisis 4

Had, but traded:
Heavenly Sword
Skate
Armored Core 4

If Microsoft announces an external Blu-ray drive anytime soon (E3) Sony better bring it with the exclusives meaning Socom, LBP, and Resistance 2 better be GREAT games because I am already heavily considering selling the system.

my thing is, y are people saying that they are going to sell their ps3 if MS annouces a blu-ray player? it shouldnt make a difference to you since you already got a blu-ray player...

im stil deabting to sel my 360 or not...the only thing temping me on 360 is GoW 2

[quote name='zewone']Because they only use their PS3 as a BR player is why.[/QUOTE]

yea i know....but id rather have a blu-player that can play games than a external add-on for a system that has a chance to get the RRoD. Plus, you can still use it when your 360 is in repair and have a chance to play games on it..

hey zew, mind if i add u aon xbl? may we can GoW it up sometime

I'm keeping my PS3 for the fighters, and some of it's exclusive games. My 360 is only still in my possession thanks to Virtua Fighter 5 and Lost Odyssey. Rez HD is nice too.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm waiting for the PC Gears of War 2. So I'm going to be waiting for a while. . .[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I might be tempted to pick up the 360 version if there's enough people on CAG playing, but something tells me that it won't be like last time :(

so I'll probably just wait for the pc version. Replacing games is annoying.

The games aren't living up to their billing.
I buy all multi platform games for 360.
I could use the extra cash for games I want on 360.
It takes up a bunch of room.
I'm going to college and don't want to worry about 2 systems. Even having 2 systems now is kind of excessive.
I'm thinking about selling the PS3 with everything excluding my Blu-rays and my 360 without the hard drive and maybe a game or two and buying a brand new core once the "Jasper" chipset comes out in August if it proves to be cooler and quieter then my jet fan for a 360 right now.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm keeping my PS3 for the fighters, and some of it's exclusive games. My 360 is only still in my possession thanks to Virtua Fighter 5 and Lost Odyssey. Rez HD is nice too.[/QUOTE]

yes, the lovely fighters!!!

im only keeping my 360 cause of GoW and GoW 2...have lots of fun with friends on that game

I bought my 80 GB PS3 because it only cost me $270 after tax and everything. Got my 360 because that only cost me $213 after everything. The Wii is nice too. As for multi-platform games, I don't have an allegiance to either console. All 3 have their pros and cons and I love them.

I wonder if Microsoft ever plans on redoing the emulation of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on 360? That would be another deal maker for me as my brother's copy is nearly unplayable.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I wonder if Microsoft ever plans on redoing the emulation of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on 360? That would be another deal maker for me as my brother's copy is nearly unplayable.[/QUOTE]

it depends, all up to the emulation team, who sucks dick for not making Otogi, Gunvalkyrie, or even Panzer Dragoon Orta bakcompat

[quote name='Jest']I love Chrono Trigger but the DS version doesn't excite me yet :([/QUOTE]
Same here, but...

[quote name='MarkMan']Please keep this on the down low everyone, I don't wanna get busted for leaking shots of it early.

[/QUOTE]
...this is exciting! :rofl:

I tried digging up a good Chrono Trigger quote as a possible thread title, but I couldn't find much. It wasn't a very quoteable game to begin with :S

[quote name='JEKKI']got damn Tales of Symphonia is TOO LONG!!!

I'm like 22 hours in and still on disc 1!!!

>_

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I thought about selling my SNES CT before the DS one comes out. . .[/quote]

I would buy it, but I don't want to spend that much money on an old SNES cart...even though I should buy it because I love playing games on my SNES. If you do, let me know what you are asking for it.

I like Chrono Trigger.

GGT, I just have to share.

This is why San Diego Comic-Con owns... what other convention comes close to this type of awesomeness?

---

For those of you interested in programming at this year's SDCC.

Here is the programming schedule:
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_prog.shtml

Ones I plan on attending/checking out:

DISCLAIMER/WARNING: THIS IS WHY San Diego Comic-Con International owns all other conventions for free...

THURSDAY - JULY 24, 2008

11:30-12:30 SPORE: One-on-One with Will Wright— Will Wright is best known for creating the SimCity and The Sims video game franchises, the latter of which has sold more than 100 million games to date. In 2007, he was given the Vanguard Award from the Producer’s Guild of America, making him the first person in the videogame industry to receive such an honor. Wright’s next video game, SPORE, is scheduled for release on September 7. Join Will Wright for his first-ever appearance at Comic-Con! Room 6CDEF
Categories: Gaming | Science Fiction & Fantasy

2:15-3:15 Halo Wars and the Halo Universe— Prima Games, Tor Books, McFarlane Toys, and Microsoft Games Studio bring you an in-depth panel discussion on all things Halo. Panelists include Eric Nylund, author of Halo: The Fall of Reach and Halo: First Strike Onyx; Tobias Buckell, author of the upcoming novel Halo: The Cole Protocol; game universe writers Graeme Devine (Halo Wars) and Frank O’Connor (Halo Trilogy); and Jon Goff and Corrinne Robinson, McFarlane Toys’ brand management team for Halo action figures. Room 6A
Categories: Action Figures, Toys and Collectibles | Gaming

3:15-4:15 Capcom: The Making of Street Fighter IV Producer Yoshinoro Ono (Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams) and associate producer David Crislip deliver an exclusive behind-the-scenes peek at the making of the much-anticipated Street Fighter IV video game, featuring the design of classic and new characters, creating compelling gameplay. Also, a sneak peek at the animated SFIV minimovies being created to complement the game. There will be a Q&A session as well as Street Fighter-related surprises! Street Fighter cosplayers are highly encouraged to attend this event, as it marks the 20th anniversary of the Street Fighter franchise. Room 6CDEF
Categories: Anime & Manga | Costuming | Gaming

4:15-5:15 Afro Samurai: Resurrection Exclusive Worldwide Premiere!— Afro Samurai picks up his sword once again for the second installment of this critically acclaimed, funktastic anime! This action-packed panel features the creators behind the hit, including star and executive producer Samuel L. Jackson (The Spirit), original creator Takahashi Okazaki, musical artist The RZA (Kill Bill), and executive producer Leo Chu (Spike TV). Be the first to see the worldwide premiere of the exclusive Comic-Con trailer, dazzling artwork from the manga, and never-before-seen demos of the pulse-pounding video game. Room 6B
Categories: Animation | Anime & Manga | Gaming | Superheroes

7:15-8:15 Adventures in Anime— Quinton Flynn (Axel from Kingdom Hearts, Reno from Final Fantasy, Raiden from MGS) and Emmy winner Jeff Nimoy (director of Digimon, Naruto, Wolfwood from Trigun) talk about their careers and their adventures on tour, answer your questions, and sing their famous Yaoi Song from AdventuresInAnime.com! Room 6A
Categories: Animation | Anime & Manga | Fandom | Nighttime Programming

9:00-12:00 10th Annual Superhero Kung-Fu Extravaganza— Martial Arts movie master Ric Meyers (Inside Kung-Fu) celebrates a decade's worth of bringing you the funniest, fastest, and most amazing film clips by creating an anniversary show of the greatest kung-fu fights of all time, complete with surprise guest stars and freebies! If you attend only one "Extravaganza" in the next ten years, make this the one! Room 6CDEF
Categories: Fandom | Movies | Nighttime Programming

----

FRIDAY - JULY 25, 2008

12:00-1:00 Prince of Persia Jordan Mechner, the creator of the Prince of Persia video game and graphic novel and screenwriter on the upcoming movie, discusses the global phenomenon that is Prince of Persia, tying together the comics and the video game industry. Room 4
Categories: Comic Books | Gaming | Movies

1:00-2:00 Introducing Resident Evil: Degeneration Producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi (Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 4) and director Makoto Kamiya (special effects director, L: Change the World, Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack) introduce the full-length CG-animated motion picture based on the popular Capcom video game franchise. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment invites you to be the first to see the film's revealing new trailer and take part in a Q&A session with the filmmakers. Room 2
Categories: Gaming | Horror and Suspense | Movies

1:45-2:45 Ghostbusters: The Video Game Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, and panelists from Sierra Entertainment and Sony Pictures Consumer Products discuss the eagerly anticipated Ghostbusters: The Video Game, due out this October. The panel focuses on what it takes to bring fans the next chapter in the Ghostbusters universe, including working with the original cast members and Sony Pictures Consumer Products to create a completely true and faithful interactive ghostbusting experience. Room 6B
Categories: Fandom | Gaming | Humor & Satire | Movies | Science Fiction & Fantasy

2:00-3:00 Capcom: How to Get A Job in the Video Game Industry— Video game giant Capcom presents a panel of respected video game industry veterans to deliver an overview of the wide variety of career opportunities within the industry, personal tales of how they got in, and tips and suggestions for those who want to. Panelists include Chris Charla (VP, business development, Foundation 9—Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix), Morgan Gray (producer, Dark Void), Grant Luke (senior product manager, Street Fighter IV), Francis Mao (Capcom senior director, creative services and former creative director for GamePro magazine), and Tim Ng (Capcom associate public relations manager). Q&A session to round out the presentation. Room 2
Categories: Gaming | Seminars & Workshops

3:00-4:00 World of Warcraft Hear what’s next for World of Warcraft straight from the source! Representatives from Blizzard Entertainment will be joined by folks from Upper Deck, DC Comics and Tokyopop to reveal what’s in store for World of Warcraft gaming, comics, action figure, and manga fans. Plus, while supplies last, attendees will receive an exclusive World of Warcraft Comic-Con gift! Room 6CDEF
Categories: Action Figures, Toys and Collectibles | Anime & Manga | Comic Books | Gaming

4:15-5:15 Xbox LIVE Original Content Panel— You love the games, the TV, the movies, and Xbox LIVE Arcade, now see what is next. Get a sneak peak at the next generation of exciting original video content coming to Xbox LIVE worldwide. Meet the major Hollywood talent creating the content as they showcase their work, participate in a Q&A, and provide a few surprises. Room 6B
Categories: Gaming | Movies

5:30-6:30 Penny Arcade The creators of Penny Arcade are on hand for a one-hour open Q&A session about the game industry, their own foray into making games, PAX, webcomics, Child’s Play, and more! (Please do not bring them food. They do not know any better and will, in fact, eat it.) Room 5AB
Categories: Gaming | Webcomics

----

SATURDAY - JULY 26, 2008

11:30-12:30 Sam & Max, Strong Bad, and the Secrets Behind Turning Comics into Games— Sam & Max may have their roots in indy comics, but the crime-fighting duo is right at home starring in a successful series of episodic games. The cast of the popular Homestarrunner.com web cartoons are following suit this summer in Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People. Why do comics make for such great games? Telltale designers Mark Darin, Chuck Jordan, and Mike Stemmle, artist Mai Nguyen, and Sam & Max creator Steve Purcell will tell you all about the fun (and work) of bringing comics to life. Plus, get a first look at a third, completely new episodic game series! Room 4
Categories: Animation | Comic Books | Comic-Con Special Guest Spotlights & Appearances | Gaming | Webcomics

2:00-3:00 Warhammer Online How do you take an entire universe with years of rich storytelling behind it and transfer it seamlessly—and in a compelling way!—to a new medium? EA Mythic’s Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning is giving the online gaming treatment to the celebrated Warhammer universe, and creative director Paul Barnett will talk about the challenges involved with satisfying the legion of Warhammer die-hards while also providing a solid and unique experience to MMORPG veterans. Room 2
Categories: Gaming

2:00-3:00 Attack of the Show! Attack of the Show! is G4's irreverent interactive daily live "variety" show that paves the inside track to today's entertainment, technology and pop culture. Hosts Kevin Pereira, Olivia Munn, comic book expert Blair Butler and show producers give fans a rare opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at how this show brings tech-obsessed viewers all the up-to-the-minute news on Internet culture, technology, comic books, gadgets, live events and more. Get a glimpse of a day in the life of a daily tech show. Room 3
Categories: Comic Books | Fandom | Gaming | Movies | Television | Webcomics

3:30-4:30 Xbox Creators’ Showcase: Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 Join legendary videogame designers Peter Molyneux (Lionhead Studios) and Cliff Bleszinski (Epic Games) for a sneak peak at their highly anticipated holiday blockbusters, Fable 2 and Gears of War 2. Get a glimpse of these highly anticipated Xbox 360 exclusives, and have a chance to speak directly with Peter and Cliff during the Q&A session! Room 6B
Categories: Gaming

5:00-6:00 The Dead Space IP— Ben Templesmith (30 Days of Night) and Antony Johnston (Wasteland) lead a panel that includes Chuck Patton, AJ Jothikumar and Joe Goyette (Dead Space animated feature) to discuss how graphic novels have become a vital component for top-tier entertainment brands and how multiple mediums (comics, games, and movies) have come together to create a holistic story. While famous comics have spawned successful movies, TV shows, and games, Electronic Arts' new sci-fi horror brand Dead Space has developed a comics series and animated feature to first introduce the universe to key opinion leaders and influencers. Panelists will discuss these new developments, what it takes to develop a successful brand that speaks to audiences across a variety of multimedia, and the implications for the future of the entertainment industry. Room 2
Categories: Animation | Comic Books | Gaming | Horror and Suspense | Movies

6:00-7:00 Capcom Presents: The Making of Bionic Commando and Bionic Commando Rearmed Producer Ben Judd presents an exclusive, never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes peek at the making of the Bionic Commando Rearmed and Bionic Commando for the next gen game systems. Andy Diggle (The Losers, Swamp Thing) discusses writing the Bionic Commando webcomic. Select audience members will be invited to take part in a special Bionic Commando Rearmed gaming tournament to win exclusive Bionic Commando prizes! Plus, meet the real Bionic Commando in person for photos. Q&A session to round out the presentation. Room 2
Categories: Comic Books | Gaming | Webcomics

MarkMan, you obviously overlooked

11:30-12:30 Hasbro: GI Joe As Hasbro ramps up for the summer 2009 blockbuster movie release of GI Joe, Aaron Archer (Hasbro Design), Michael Ritchie (Hasbro Marketing), and Michelino Paolino (Hasbro Design) discuss this year’s product line, entertainment, and other initiatives. Panelists will include special guests that you won’t want to miss, plus Q&A! Room 7AB
Categories: Action Figures, Toys and Collectibles | Movies

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Took me about 55 hours to beat that game, doing all the sidequests.[/quote]I'm thinking I put about 60 hours into my first playthrough, then started a second back when that's the kinda thing I did. I remember the days of playing that on my 13" TV on the living room floor in my first apartment.

[quote name='botticus']MarkMan, you obviously overlooked

11:30-12:30 Hasbro: GI Joe As Hasbro ramps up for the summer 2009 blockbuster movie release of GI Joe, Aaron Archer (Hasbro Design), Michael Ritchie (Hasbro Marketing), and Michelino Paolino (Hasbro Design) discuss this year’s product line, entertainment, and other initiatives. Panelists will include special guests that you won’t want to miss, plus Q&A! Room 7AB
Categories: Action Figures, Toys and Collectibles | Movies[/quote]

Sorry, I tried to keep most of em' gaming related... But yea there is so much content, it is hard to mention all of it without my boner breaking through the 4th wall of the 4th dimension.

My friend and I need to get our shit together and go to one of the comic/toy/game cons next year. We meant to for a long time, then E3 got stupid, so we've put it off.

Yea man, do it! It sucks cuz E3 really was the BEST... I loved it more than Comic-Con...

;(

Next stop is TGS for me. I won't be going this year, but maybe next year.

[quote name='MarkMan']Yea man, do it! It sucks cuz E3 really was the BEST... I loved it more than Comic-Con...

;(

Next stop is TGS for me. I won't be going this year, but maybe next year.[/quote]
Comic-Con is always in San Diego, right?

That might be the best one for me since it's sort of a jumble of everything, though I'm sure my friend would be far more interested in the gaming side alone. Distance won't really be an issue considering I'm in Cleveland (far from every con location) and he's in Kansas City, so we're hours from each other as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back