GGT 65 - Star Ocean Is For L@meb0ts And Singstar Is For Pansies. But LIPS Kicks Ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Contra 4 bosses have hitflashes but thats portable. I'm not sure if thats the real reason or not.[/QUOTE]

I heard that while looking at some shit on Gamefaqs, so it's a dubious source, to be sure. I really hope that's not true...

The reason I'm questioning this now is because SNK Arcade Classics is supposed to come out sometime soon (the current release date is 7/22) and I want a version of Metal Slug that has no potential input lag issues, hitflashes, and no other, unforseen problems. I didn't think it could be this difficult... SNKPUSA has fucked up... let's see... 6 times now? I think. It'd also be nice to have Shock Troopers, like what was on the PS2 compilation, but playable this time.

When in Windows, you could just plug that shit in and it'll work automatically... so I'd think there'd be some way to get that working on OS x.

saw Dark Knight tonight. Great movie, but I still love Wall-e more. probably dark knight is #2 so far of summer films so far with wall-e at #1.

I'm tempted to download some digital game tonight, but don't know what... I have everything I want so far on XBLA (plus roughly over 6400 MS points sitting on my account I got for dirt cheap...), think I have all I want on Wii VC (no wiiware games so far), and most of what I want on PSN (just got elefunk... good for the price... also eyeing Pixeljunk Monsters but feel a price drop is coming soon)...

I'd get the MGO expansion if the servers actually were working right now.

whatever... might just get KoFXI tomorrow instead.

OK I'm playing Trauma Center to be cool like chacrama aka chacoolma.

Chacoolma!!

I dont think I can commit fully to this game tho so I might as well play Fatal Frame also at the same time... they seem to be a very complimentary juggle indeed.

and got damn pacemaker stage!! I finally beat it after like 30 tries!!

fuck yeah, that pacemaker stage was tough as shit!

Trauma Center games are fantastic supplement games. Something to play on the side while you play through something more involving... I think that's part of the reason I love the series so much.

So I beat Dark Sector today. Without the Glavie, the game would be fucking garbage. But the Glavie is an amazing weapon. So it was a very fun game.

I also got back from seeing the Dark Knight. Holy shit. What an incredible movie.
Seeing it in IMAX next Saturday as well :D

For those who play MADDEN on the 360, I just started League Signups in the 360 thread. Go get your team!

[quote name='Chacrana']When in Windows, you could just plug that shit in and it'll work automatically... so I'd think there'd be some way to get that working on OS x.[/quote]
Really? That sounds awesome.
But what fighters are available on PC?
Could I get Melty Blood/would Melty Blood work with a CDN/US PC on XP?
What other ones could I get?

Azu, yeah, Melty Blood is the only fighting game that you must have for PC. The full title is Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver. B. It's an absolutely phenomenal game -- easily one of my favorite 2D fighters. It basically has the speed of Guilty Gear, but without some of the needless complexity (that's not to say there's no depth though - there is.) You can also use a 3rd party program to play online, though it's not really that convenient of a program, so expect to play on your own most of the time.

Apart from that, though, there's only Street Fighter IV on the horizon for the PC. Presumably Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, as well, if Capcom keeps working the way they are.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Really? That sounds awesome.
But what fighters are available on PC?
Could I get Melty Blood/would Melty Blood work with a CDN/US PC on XP?
What other ones could I get?[/quote]

PC is fighting game heaven...you can play just about anything. Melty Blood + emulators-- MAME, Dreamcast...and PS2 if you have a strong dualcore or quadcore with an 8800gt and up.

and I haven't tried it but GGPO keeps calling my name.

-----

Watched Batman Begins for the first time on bru-lay tonight. I'm not too into blockbusters and high budget shit, but WOW. The best was how it felt like a whole movie while he was becoming batman, then I was sad cause I thought it would end soon...but I checked the timer and there was an hour and a half left. Then I had a heart attack. :D

Can't wait to see Dark Knight next week. And no matter how much Bruce Wayne preaches morals, Christian Bale is stuck in my mind as the evil whitey from American Psycho. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the meaning of this!?
[quote name='JEKKI on GAF']well I play these games on Dreamcast and they are definitely entertaining.

so it's not shovelware... theyre just old dreamcast games on one disc.

and Dreamcast games are always good!!![/quote]
Theres no JEKKI grammar at all!

[quote name='ninja dog']PC is fighting game heaven...you can play just about anything. Melty Blood + emulators-- MAME, Dreamcast...and PS2 if you have a strong dualcore or quadcore with an 8800gt and up.

and I haven't tried it but GGPO keeps calling my name.
[/QUOTE]

The PS2 emulator supports quadcore now? It's been like 2-3 years since I've heard about that thing.

[quote name='suko_32']The PS2 emulator supports quadcore now? It's been like 2-3 years since I've heard about that thing.[/quote]

pcsx2? yeah. it's really coming along. I imagine it'll be up to a 1.0 release within a year or 2. The team has made some serious progress this year and really, a PS2 emulator would be the best thing ever hands down, so they seem very dedicated.

PCSX2 doesn't like running at full speed on my PC. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core runs at about 60% speed. I probably need a quad core for that, or a 4 GHz OC'd Core 2 Duo. My FX-62 just doesn't have the muscle anymore. . . :cry:

I want my PS2 games in higher resolution.

I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight GGT.

I'm on a mission to unlock everything and I don't know how to! (Soul Calibur IV) !

[quote name='Maklershed']You have SC4 already MarkMan?[/quote]

Yes sir.

2683820863_f535d9b266.jpg

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes sir.

2683820863_f535d9b266.jpg
[/quote]

B-b-b-but ... no fair! *stomps in anger*

Well congratulations. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy too. :bouncy:

I just noticed this... but do any other PS3 games have manuals in color?

This is the first one I've noticed with an all color manual.

[quote name='MarkMan']I just noticed this... but do any other PS3 games have manuals in color?

This is the first one I've noticed with an all color manual.[/QUOTE]

Sony's games do, as does Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Ahh gotcha. I was thinking about getting the 360 one, not because I'm that interested in the controls (havent played a fighting game in the arcade since the early days of Tekken) but because it's SC paraphernalia. :)

I personally don't think it's worth it for information value to get any game guide because gamefaqs and a million other sites will have the information you need. But if you're getting it for art or collecting value .. by all means, go for it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I can't find any option in the menus to change the TV's stretch.[/QUOTE]
Look for an option on your remote, might be called "Zoom" or "Aspect".

Edit: Looking at a Sanyo manual, it might be "Pixshape"

This SC IV guide will actually provide something GameFAQs can not. Some insight from some actual competitive fighting game players.

I'm not sure if it will be good or not. But I will support the cause and purchase it as well.

I unlocked all the characters except the apprentice. It was pretty easy for the most part. So yea! SLEEP

Been playing bioshock like crazy (6-7 hours yesterday and my 360 was fine!) and I'm actually liking it more, the more I play.

Here's a random tip I found out about hacking: Press Y if you want to speed up the cycle (instead of waiting around for it like I've been doing haha)

[quote name='pete5883']Look for an option on your remote, might be called "Zoom" or "Aspect".

Edit: Looking at a Sanyo manual, it might be "Pixshape"[/quote]

I tried Pixshape, it has four settings: putting the image in a box in the center, and three widescreen ones of various zooms. Even the "image in a box" one cuts shit off ridiculously.

Interested in...

Soul Calibur IV
Madden 09
Too Human
Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway
Legendary
NHL 09
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Rock Band 2
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FIFA 09
NBA 2K9
Project Origin
Dead Space
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Call of Duty: World at War
Left 4 Dead
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Prince of Persia
Quantam of Solace
Gears of War 2
Tomb Raider Underworld

1942: Joint Strike
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Castle Crashers
Banjo Kazooie
Portal: Still Alive

Resistance 2
LittleBigPlanet

Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Fat Princess

:shock:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']As long as the guide has nice art I'll pick it up.[/quote]
I'm looking at the limited edition guide for the CD. I'm sure Best Buy sell it cheaper then $30. They had that MGS4 LE guide for about $20-$22 when it came out.

My post-E3-looking-forward-to-for-2008 list:

7/?? - BC Rearmed
7/31 - PixelJunk Eden
8/12 - N+
9/16 - DQIV
10/01 - Fable II
10/?? - Bioshock
10/21 - Star Ocean: First Departure
??/?? - Rock Band 2 (PS3)
11/?? - Rockman 9
12/08 - Persona 4

Also Too Human. Maybe.

I was kind of looking forward to Bioshock on the PS3, but I was hearing talk that the extra content may not even come on the disk.

I was listening to the 1up Yours podcast a few nights and Shane said he was talking to Tetsuya Nomura about Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete and was told that in a few weeks we could expect to hear some news about that and another Final Fantasy related announcement. And in the last E3 podcast Shane said it would be a big deal for Sony. I'm not really sure why I'm pointing this out since I think in the end it won't amount to much of anything. It'll probably be a US release date for Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete or maybe some FF games on PSN if we're lucky.

360:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Rock Band 2
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Too Human

DS:

Bangai-O Spirits
Castlevania: Order of Ecceslia
Chrono Trigger DS
Game Center CX

XBLA:

Bionic Commando
Banjo-Kazooie
Megaman 9
Vigilante 8
War World (if it ever releases)

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']It'll probably be a US release date for Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete or maybe some FF games on PSN if we're lucky.[/QUOTE]
Considering that the announcement will be made at an invite-only fan event in Japan, I doubt it would be something related to a US release date. It'll be something bigger than that... like FF games on PSN (which, knowing Squeenix, would be highly unlikely), another FFVII spinoff, or the dreaded (by me, anyway) FFVII remake.

BTW, AC Complete hasn't even come out in Japan yet!

Woo I finished Uncharted and I'm on chapter 11 of Ninja Gaiden!

Chapter 10 is really, really glitchy. And Civ Rev rocks. Do I use my $15 in Reward Zone for FFIV, or Go with the Circuit City $10 gift card..

Too Human*
Tales of Vesperia
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames*
Infinite Undiscovery
Star Wars: The Force
Project Origin*
Fable 2
Far Cry 2*
Fallout 3
Saint's Row 2*
Dead Space
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
Two Worlds: The Temptation*
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
Mirror's Edge*
Call of Duty: World at War
Valkyria Chronicles
Tomb Raider Underworld*
Last Remnant
Resistance 2
Persona 4

* = Rent

Going to be a crazy rest of the year.

Let's see, for me...

Final Fantasy IV
Soul Calibur IV
STALKER Clear Sky
Infinite Undiscovery
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Project Origin
Fallout 3 (maybe)
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Bionic Commando (Maybe)
Far Cry 2
Dead Space
The Last Remnant
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Street Fighter IV
Chrono Trigger DS (GOTY)
Persona 4
Mega Man 9

Obviously things will prolly change as I find out that some games are great or that others suck... but yeah.

What else am I going to buy this year?

Wii
Mega Man 9
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Strong Bad's Cool Game 4 Attractive People

Street Fighter IV
Fallout 3 (probably)
Banjo & Kazooie (800 points or less only)

PS3
LittleBigPlanet
Bionic Commando Rearmed

DS
Chrono Trigger

PSP
nothing

[quote name='MarkMan']This SC IV guide will actually provide something GameFAQs can not. Some insight from some actual competitive fighting game players.

I'm not sure if it will be good or not. But I will support the cause and purchase it as well.

I unlocked all the characters except the apprentice. It was pretty easy for the most part. So yea! SLEEP[/QUOTE]

I got the game early as well. To unlock him, you just have to beat Arcade mode with Yoda/Vader.

Been trying to get through the tower mode. The tag matches are kind of cool. They remind me of Tekken Tag, but it's a lot more flexible since you can cancel any hit into a switch.

Hmm, what games am I looking forward to?

PS3
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Soul Calibur IV
Last Remnant

PS2
Persona 4

PC
Fallout 3
Project Origin
Street Fighter IV

Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery

DS
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania: Order of Ecceslia

I'm missing some, but I can't think right now. And any good fighter that comes out. Plus a 1080p Panasonic plasma. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back