GGT #66: We present you a new quest. Push button B to select a world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Going to be all SCIV for me as well. Though I do have Spectral Force 3 reserved. Not sure if I'm going to buy it yet though.[/QUOTE]

I want to like SF3, but I have a hard time believing it's worth the $60 they're asking for.

So is FFIV DS about as hard as FFIV GBA? I thought that FFIV GBA was harder than the original Japanese FFIV. Still more than doable with some grinding.

US FFIV is easy as shit now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']man... and most of those games take alot of time. I say start with the shorter ones first like Silent Hill, Ape Escape, and Wipeout Pure... hands down though the best from that list is Metal Gear Ac!d 2. Still my favorite metal gear game ever. it's my fave PSP game still as well.

such good design, gameplay, interface, story, etc. there's nothing in it I don't like.[/quote]

I know, man. I'm most of the way through Silent Hill and Ape Escape, so I think I'll probably do them first. I'm a good way through Jeanne D'arc, too, so I might go back to that afterwards.

I picked up AC!D 2 when it was released, after loving the shit out of the first game, but I only ever got a few missions into it -- not because of the game itself, but because I had other games to play.

I'm just going to work through it slowly, because i know there aren't many PSP games coming out in the near future I plan on buying that would distract me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was so excited to work through most of my GBA backlog over the Winter/Spring, but now I just keep buying more games for it cheap and watching it expand.

I'm a sick, sick puppy.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I know, man. I'm most of the way through Silent Hill and Ape Escape, so I think I'll probably do them first. I'm a good way through Jeanne D'arc, too, so I might go back to that afterwards.

I picked up AC!D 2 when it was released, after loving the shit out of the first game, but I only ever got a few missions into it -- not because of the game itself, but because I had other games to play.

I'm just going to work through it slowly, because i know there aren't many PSP games coming out in the near future I plan on buying that would distract me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was so excited to work through most of my GBA backlog over the Winter/Spring, but now I just keep buying more games for it cheap and watching it expand.

I'm a sick, sick puppy.[/QUOTE]

I usually sit down and really try to figure out what games interest me quite a bit. after that I remove a few titles I have... I'm genna be getting rid of alot of PSP games I have soemtime soon... it's my largest collection but I find I haven't finished some of my stuff...

so far my PSP backlog is:

GTA: VCS (about 80% done... plan to get it over with soon... just got burnt out playing it so much before GAIV release)
The Warriors (probably 40% done. I like it, but took a break due to extensive play...)
Gurumin (40% done as well... too much in game stuff)
Valkyrie Profile (the game is too demanding IMHO... I go to play it off and on and totally forget what to do)
Tokobot (barely started it)
Brave Story (currently playing this on my PSP off and on...)

aside from that, I'm just glad all my backlog is partially complete so it's easy to get back to. even my regular backlog is just a few games:

Phantom Dust
God Hand
Elebits

I just got to the point in Lost Odyssey yesterday where if I go any farther I can't come out so I've been doing sidequests and other things before I finish the game. I'm trying to find time to play it between my new job (50 hours my first 6 days, 13 straight days without a day off) and finding time to see my friends and family.

Step Brothers was good. I wouldn't say it was Will Ferrell's best work, but it was definitely way better then an average Ferrell.

Played some co-op Katamari before, and a bunch of FIFA. About to pop in some Stranglehold.

Stranglehold is such a video game, in a good way. I don't like when games try to incorporate some realistic elements when you know they are trying to go completely realistic... and they fail at that. Stranglehold knows it's a video game, and a good one too.

Didn't get to meet the guy today to pick up VF5 Online, Mass Effect, Orange Box, and Battlefield Bad Company for $70 but plan on meeting tomorrow. I didn't want to go and meet some creepo by myself at a cafe so I'm bringing my brother tomorrow.

I plan on picking up this cabinet as well tomorrow. I've been using a DVD rack that spins that stays on my shelf with my 360/PS3/Center channel/Main speakers/Speaker receiver. I wouldn't say the space is cluttered but I would rather have a stand up shelf behind my chair because I have so much space in my room. All my speaker wires are amazingly concealed except for back left because that speaker is on my Logitech speaker box, so that speaker wire runs across the floor. I'm going to attach a piece of similarly colored wood to the new DVD cabinet and place the speaker on top of that. I'll run the wire for that speaker on my wall around the room. Waa lah all wires will be concealed.

So $70 for games + $3x.xx for the DVD cabinet. That's two days of work for me, feels good to know I worked for that money and now I can put it into something I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Kendal, I always imagine that, as you're posting, you have the same expression as your avatar.

Atari Jaguar.[/QUOTE]

same here... even when I see your name on PSN I think of that face >_

I wish I could have it as my avatar on XBL and PSN. I was going to make an animated gif of it and another pic of Dirk from the Mavs. It was going to be the greatest dumb faces of the NBA. I am not even a fan of San Antonio, but the pick is great. If I find the Dirk pic, I might ask someone to photoshop it.

NES Advantage was the original fighting stick.

I have a 1600 point card I was going to use on 1942 and probably Bionic Commando. I'll end up buying more cards throughout the summer but in terms of $10 how much value does Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 and the SF Beta hold? Is Commando 3 good? Is the beta good?

[quote name='nyprimus4']I have a 1600 point card I was going to use on 1942 and probably Bionic Commando. I'll end up buying more cards throughout the summer but in terms of $10 how much value does Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 and the SF Beta hold? Is Commando 3 good? Is the beta good?[/QUOTE]

that $10 is better spent for when the actual SFIIHD game comes out. hold off unless you're a twin analog shooter freak.

Whoa...I'm surprised by all the praise for Ac!d 2 here, I personally couldn't get into it when I first got it (even have a strategy guide).

Guess it'll be worth trying to start up again...can't remember why I even stopped

Fat Princess > Castle Crashers

except for the title.

Edit: ehehe I dunno if the above is true or not. Both look interesting in their own way.

And Wolf of the Battlefield is decent enough, but then again, I'm drawn to old-school 2D/3D isometric shoot-em ups.

What?! This was a free live weekend and I completly missed out? Seriously, you guys should bring this kinda thing up...

Played some Madden 08 with the Browns against a friend instead of Stranglehold. This is why my backlog is so big! I always get distracted with sports games/shooters. Prepping for Madden '09. He's trying to talk me into going to the midnight launch with him, never been to a midnight launch in my life. Waiting until 10AM the next morning of the game's release always seemed more logical.

I wish it was on a weekend as I would definitely go but it's a Monday night. I'll probably go anyway.

I'll probably save the points for good retail games as no, I'm not a big fan of twin stick shooters.

[quote name='Foo228']Snipers strike in the last 2 minutes, so no worries.

...Unless you mispelled your bid? :drool:[/quote]

No watchers though. :cry: Dropped it down 50 bucks.

Not gaming related, but I just asked my stepdad if he wanted to go with me to Weezer/Foo Fighters (on September 15, i.e., he takes me) and he was like hell yeah. :D

SC4 1 more day.

[quote name='Foo228']What?! This was a free live weekend and I completly missed out? Seriously, you guys should bring this kinda thing up...[/quote]

WHAT THE fuck.

Finished off Call of Duty 2 tonight. Great game, last level was a bit anti climatic though, had no idea I was at the end of the game until the credits rolled.

Now I'm set to fire up GTAIV when I get back in town on Friday from a business trip.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Finished off Call of Duty 2 tonight. Great game, last level was a bit anti climatic though, had no idea I was at the end of the game until the credits rolled.

Now I'm set to fire up GTAIV when I get back in town on Friday from a business trip.[/quote]
Call of Duty 2 defined the Xbox 360 experience for me in 2005. Still in my top 5 of Xbox 360 games.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Call of Duty 2 defined the Xbox 360 experience for me in 2005. Still in my top 5 of Xbox 360 games.[/QUOTE]

the game that did that for me was Dead Rising. It's probably the first game I felt like I was actually playing something on a "next-gen" system.

So does anyone here have a complete Izuna 1? I found one on eStarland, but would rather throw money at CAGs than other places.

And by throw I mean over hand four finger fastball at your nuts.

I just got past the tutorial and they are already referencing the first game. So now I want to play it before I move too far in this one.

Any of you especially computer savvy? My problem is I cant get online with my laptop for some reson. It connects to wireless connection, but I can go to any websites and it worked fine yesterday. If I'm in safe mode it works, but not when I'm in my account normally.

Now gaming related, is the original Siren worth playing? I kind of want to give that a shot before I get the new one. (Yes, I know the new one is a re-invisioning of the game or something like that).

I just played the first episode of Siren:BC. All 5 minutes of it. It was so short I was like WTF? That's it?? If the other 3 episodes I bought are as short and shallow, I doubt I'll buy any more anytime soon. I mean, the demo was longer than the first episode.

Final day of Comic-Con... whew. I can finally rest.

I didn't get to take as many pics of the gaming stuff as I wanted to, but I'll be posting some news/info/impressions from my time playing the stuff out there... got work early in the morning... so bbl, sleep!

ATARI LYNX

[quote name='whoknows']Any of you especially computer savvy? My problem is I cant get online with my laptop for some reson. It connects to wireless connection, but I can go to any websites and it worked fine yesterday. If I'm in safe mode it works, but not when I'm in my account normally.

Now gaming related, is the original Siren worth playing? I kind of want to give that a shot before I get the new one. (Yes, I know the new one is a re-invisioning of the game or something like that).[/QUOTE]

check what programs run when you start, check if anything runs that you dont know about...also try system restore

i though the original Siren was decent, the controls kinda killed it though. It can be had cheap so i would give it a go.

I have had 800 Wii points for the better part of a year and I refuse to buy any more or buy anything until Nintendo recognizes that they made a console called the SNES and it was awesome!

I might buy something with my points soon, just so they aren't sitting there, doing nothing. Not like Nintendo is missing my money. They already have it. I hate these point systems. Sony got something right when they made the wallet system. Well for the most part.

At least Nintendo's points are equivalent with dollars. Compare that to the Xbox Live point system...

I think I currently have 900 points on my Wii, left over after my purchase of Harvest Moon. Word has it that Ys Book I & II is coming out on VC next month, so I'll probably spend them on that (how much are TG-16 games anyway?), provided something better doesn't come along.

TurboGraphix games are 600 points. I had no idea Ys Book I & II were coming out on it. The VC so far has really been exceeding my expectations.

I refuse to spend any more on WiiWare or VC until Nintendo adds some kind of storage solution for the Wii that doesn't involve me having to delete/redownload stuff I already bought.

And GRiD is awesome. But hard. The "Instant Replay" thing is ok, but I'd rather just reset the whole game. :p

I'm wondering if I should've picked up another copy of Warhawk w/headset to give as an xmas gift to my bro-in-law. Ah wells. The red GH cases are pretty cool-looking, and there is now an opportunity for the game to get even cheaper during a sale (B1G1s, etc).

[quote name='Kendal']RPG Maker, yes or no?[/QUOTE]

You'll have to invest in some serious time to make a RPG in that game. It's definitely not for everyone. Once you final product is done it's pretty neat though.

found these ... all from Segaga the awesome DC game:

SGGG22.jpg

SGGG9.jpg

SGGG1.jpg

SGGG6.jpg

SGGG8.jpg

SGGG10.jpg

SGGG11.jpg

SGGG13.jpg

SGGG15.jpg

SGGG20.jpg

SGGG23.jpg

[quote name='Krymner']I just played the first episode of Siren:BC. All 5 minutes of it. It was so short I was like WTF? That's it?? If the other 3 episodes I bought are as short and shallow, I doubt I'll buy any more anytime soon. I mean, the demo was longer than the first episode.[/quote]

From what I hear the 1st chapter is extremely short, but the other chapters are longer. Apparently the game is about 10 hours long.

ReRo: Lol, I would buy most of them just for the name alone.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']From what I hear the 1st chapter is extremely short, but the other chapters are longer. Apparently the game is about 10 hours long.[/quote]

Well that's comforting to know. I'm gonna try episode 2 later today.

I've played a little more FFX. Need to do some of the sidequests now that I'm on the airship and can backtrack everywhere.

I've also almost talked myself into getting SCIV this week.

For some reason I bought Blast Works. Reason being it's cheap. Figure I can sell it off immediately if it's not my cup of tea, videos look interesting at least.

Maybe a pick-up-and-play Wii game will get me to turn the system on and potentially play more Okami.

Has anyone here played Yggdra Union? I went back to it for the first time in over a year to try to sneak through BF15, and it's just not happening. It's hard enough getting through a group of level 6 people (my party is level 7-8), but if you don't go through the level in exactly the right way, you also have to fight a swarm of level 8 enemies. Wouldn't necessarily be so traumatic except for the goofy health/morale system.

Yay, I'll have my copy of SCIV tomorrow. And since I'm not working I should have most of the day to play it.

Also, fans of Gundam 00 might enjoy this may or may not be a trailer for the 2nd season... but if this is a trailer for S2 it's the most awesome anime trailer EVER!!!
I found it subbed as well... but I'm not sure about posting that link here since I'm not familiar with the site.

[quote name='Kendal']I have had 800 Wii points for the better part of a year and I refuse to buy any more or buy anything until Nintendo recognizes that they made a console called the SNES and it was awesome![/QUOTE]

I have about 2200 points left waiting for more SNES titles as well. The last time we got an SNES title was in March, so I haven't spent points on hardly anything aside from WiiWare titles.

I'm teetering between buying FFIVDS as well right now, I'm trying to wait it out for as long as I can in hopes that a deal pops up. I might get FFTA2 first instead.

[quote name='botticus']For some reason I bought Blast Works. Reason being it's cheap. Figure I can sell it off immediately if it's not my cup of tea, videos look interesting at least.[/quote]

Have you had a chance to play much of it yet? I figure for $10, there's almost no risk of buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back