GGT #66: We present you a new quest. Push button B to select a world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Kendal']Yeah, I was just givin' ya shit. :D I still haven't opened mine. But I am saving some gaming for my New York trip.[/quote]
I know, but I'm still trying to convince myself I don't need it right now. I'm about the finish up Mega Man Battle Network 3, so having another game besides Izuna 2 to keep me busy at work would be nice.

One of my craziest 8-bit memories was playing the Famicom version of Bionic Commando. Most surprising title screen ever.

I wish Yakuza worked on the 80GB PS3.. I don't have a regular TV here, just the computer monitor my PS3/360 uses.

So I'm thinking of selling my GoW PSP with a case, a 1gb mem card, the Superbad UMD, the Combat Ops Voucher, along with Lumines, Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, Crisis Core with chrome cover, Silent Hill Origins, Loco Roco and Death Jr. for somewhere in the neighborhood of $250.. bad deal?

oh and regarding the SC4 faceplates at GameCrazy.. we got them in, but they are severely limited.. to the point where they don't even cover preorders so we got shirts in to give away instead.. so. Best of luck to you all.

I've been too busy the last couple of days for much gaming except for a little FFIV, which is full of awesome if ya didn't know. I just played the GBA version a little over a year ago, so everything is still kinda fresh in my mind, but the little story additions are wonderful.

I'm still on the fence about whether I'm gonna pick up SCIV or not. I've spent way too much money on games this month. On the other hand, I do have a $50 GC for Best Buy I got for my B-day that I haven't used yet.

August is almost here. What are everyone's August purchases looking like? The only definite for me is Disgaea 3 (Aug. 18) but maybe N+.

Although I hate paying theater prices, my wife is taking me to see The Dark Knight. I need a break from dying in EO2 anyway.

Looks like I'll be doing half-hour boss rushes to max out my levels and try to make enough money to buy some upgrades before I make attempt #3 at the endgame.

Finally got Enchanted Arms finished yesterday, took me 46 hours, but I am an RPG n00b.

Think I'll finish Blacksite now, then go through Bully and Dark Sector.

Backlog clearing mode.......ENGAGE.

My backlog is sizeable:
skate.
Project 8
Tomb Raider: Legend
Beautiful Katamari
Lost Planet
Final Fantasy 12
Kingdom Hearts 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted
Beyond good and evel
GTA 4
COD 4
Halo 3
Okami
GoW2

This doesn't include DS games, But most of mine are the kind that you don't really finish.

I honestly don't care to finish most of them, other than MGS4....in fact I'm trading in Uncharted for Soul Caliber. Especially Okami. I know if I play the game for more than an hour I'll love it, because I'm a zelda dork, but I don't want to sink forty hours into a game.

I'm slowly becoming a casual gamer....

[quote name='botticus']Although I hate paying theater prices, my wife is taking me to see The Dark Knight.[/quote]
I hate them as well. So I avoid going to the movies unless I'm going with friends or something. With that said I do plan on going to see Dark Knight in the morning since the price of tickets is a little cheaper.

I don't mind theater prices too much. $7-10 around here depending on theater and time of day. I have a nice 50" TV, but nothing beats seeing a movie on the big screen. I do probably go less than I would if prices were lower--but probably not drastically as it's really lack of free time that's cut down my theater going more than anything to do with price.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']The Mana Khemia soundtrack is actually alright. Its got an older style that you might find in a Lunar game.[/QUOTE]I love it. I listen to it more than I actually played the game. :lol:

I just played some SingStar 90's today. I'm better at singing Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby" now.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I love it. I listen to it more than I actually played the game. :lol:

I just played some SingStar 90's today. I'm better at singing Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby" now.[/quote]

Alright stop, collaborate and listen

On the last act of MGS4 and still need to beat Ninja Gaiden 2. Am about to play some Resistance and see if I can get some more of that finished.

This week I will be on vacation, as of wednesday at least. If I'm playing anything, it will be with my macbook.

Also, ebay hates me. I have no bids, and there is only a day left. :(

[quote name='Kendal']I started Outlaw Star and started Izuna 2. I am enjoying both.[/quote]It's been a long time since I have watched Outlaw Star... I'll borrow the boxset from my friend sometime and rewatch it.

It has been sitting on my anime bookshelf opened, but unwatched for probably 2 years. I got it when Right Stuf was having the 25 for $100 sale. I overloaded on anime and this and Escaflone both have been brushed to the side for too long. That one is up next. I think I am going to save Trauma Center 2 for NYC. It is very easy to play for a few minutes and just put it down. The RPGs I got, not so much.

I saw some Kubrick Halo 3 figures at GameStop today. I am going to get them. They will go nicely with my other figures on my TV.

I remember that sale. thanks to that I finished getting Aoi Yori Yoshi and Captain Harlock: The Endless Odyssey. Speaking of anime, I have to catch up on Macross Frontier....

I'm trying to get through the rest of Call of Duty 2, and then fire up GTA IV and see if I like it (didn't care for GTA 3, haven't played any since then). Out of town for work this week though, so will have to wait until the weekend.

After that it's either give Oblivion a go (will be my last untouched game) or pick up Soul Calibur 4. Probably just fire up Oblivion unless some deal for SC4 pops up in the meantime.

[quote name='DarthPuma']This week I will be on vacation, as of wednesday at least. If I'm playing anything, it will be with my macbook.

Also, ebay hates me. I have no bids, and there is only a day left. :([/quote]

Snipers strike in the last 2 minutes, so no worries.

...Unless you mispelled your bid? :drool:

Woo! I got today-

Bully for 360 - $20
Resistance(Not GH) - $30
Warhawk with headset - $30

Fooled circuit city into selling the warhawk bundle for $30!

Nah just got home. I went to church with the girl and then had delicious german foods at mader's. Sausage fest extreme!

The best part was the german chocolate cake, though. Or the all you can drink homemade champagne. I highly reccomend it if you're ever in milwaukee.
http://www.madersrestaurant.com/

I might not get SC4 after this spending spree. $60 games are such a bummer.

Paying $60 for games sucks ass, but I know that I'll play a ton of Soul Calibur IV, so I'll pay full price for it. Now I wait for games to go down before I buy them more than ever.

Just how hard is FFIVDS? I've
never played FFIV,
, and I wanted to get the GBA one, but apparently it's, like, broken. On the other hand, I don't want to constantly have my ass handed to me on the DS.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Just how hard is FFIVDS? I've
never played FFIV,
, and I wanted to get the GBA one, but apparently it's, like, broken. On the other hand, I don't want to constantly have my ass handed to me on the DS.[/QUOTE]
It's not that hard. If you've played old-school RPGs it's nothing you can't handle.

[quote name='Maklershed']Weird question about FFIV - are there a lot of save points?[/QUOTE]
At least one in every dungeon.

Speaking of RPGs: http://rpgfan.com/news/2008/1324.html

Ar Tonelico 2. Yes!!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Nice description of the GGT.[/QUOTE]
Hah, agreed.

Finished Harvest Moon today with something like ten of the possible endings. Also played a bit more Lolo 2 and Mario Kart Wii - save for the Special Cup, I now have all gold trophies in 100cc Grand Prix. I really should play MK more often in general.

No idea what I'm gonna do the rest of the evening...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']

At least one in every dungeon.
[/quote]

So I won't have to worry about losing 30 minutes of play time when I have to get off the bus?

Gametrailers did a good review and mentioned that the difficulty is on par with other JRPGs--only in the later stages of the game will you need to do a little extra grinding.

I was able to pick up Warhawk w/Headset @ CC for $30 as well. We should have a GGT warhawk battle some time.

Batman is awesome.

Also, EO2 is awesome because it is done and back on my shelf. Didn't really get the story at the end (was only half paying attention too), but who cares about story in EO. Don't really have any motivation to play Okami (story of the last few weeks) so I might just bust out Yggdra Union, see if I can't finish off some GBA games now that I don't have FFIV.

Frankfurters, Braunschweiger, Bratwurst, Knackwurst lol

And Filet Mignon for dinner. This is the high life!

Let's play warhawk sometime. It's pretty fun, but I suck at it.

FFIV is harder than you might think. I actually got killed by normal random enemies and had a gameover while leveling. That hasn't happened in a final fantasy in years. At least in the beginning, you've got to be careful.

Yeah FFIV is similar to the recent castlevania's in that you can get destroyed pretty easily in the first few hours, but once you get a few items and abilities under your belt it gets muuuuuuch easier.

I'm gonna go watch some video reviews of FFIV, then.

Shit, why is my PSP backlog huge all of a sudden?

Patapon
Crisis Core
Silent Hill Origins
Disgaea:AoD
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Wipeout Pure
Ape Escape: On the Loose
Death Jr. II: Root of All Evil
Crush
Jeanne D'arc
Prince of Persia: WW
Sid Meir's Pirates!
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Metal Gear A.C.I.D 2
Tokobot
Lord of the Rings: Tactics

Jeez.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I'm gonna go watch some video reviews of FFIV, then.

Shit, why is my PSP backlog huge all of a sudden?

Patapon
Crisis Core
Silent Hill Origins
Disgaea:AoD
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Wipeout Pure
Ape Escape: On the Loose
Death Jr. II: Root of All Evil
Crush
Jeanne D'arc
Prince of Persia: WW
Sid Meir's Pirates!
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Metal Gear A.C.I.D 2
Tokobot
Lord of the Rings: Tactics

Jeez.[/QUOTE]

man... and most of those games take alot of time. I say start with the shorter ones first like Silent Hill, Ape Escape, and Wipeout Pure... hands down though the best from that list is Metal Gear Ac!d 2. Still my favorite metal gear game ever. it's my fave PSP game still as well.

such good design, gameplay, interface, story, etc. there's nothing in it I don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back