GGT#71 still watches The Dark Knight and plays Sony gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm, thx MM. I dunno how I feel about less buttons and slower pacing. I guess I'm ok with it because I'm old and slow now. >_

For real though, my biggest wants for this year are probably Castle Crashers, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, and both Banjos (XBLA and retail).

Certainly buying:
LITTLE BIG PLANET!!!!!
Fallout 3
Spore
Fable 2
Disgaea 3
Gears 2
Banjo
Rockband 2/GH WT
Mirror's Edge
Maybe buying:
Rhapsody
Left4Dead

watching opening olympics thing... very be-you-tea-full. I wish the announcers would shut up. It's like they don't think I understand concepts :lol:

Making some sushi for myself as well tonight. I'm making it a point to eat it regularly since it's easier on my body than american food. >_< It's a learning process to make >_

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hey, Yoshi's Island 2 is Yoshi's Island with 2 screens.[/quote]

That would explain a lot, I only got to play it for a little.

sweeeeeeet!!!

human resources cant get their shyt together... theyre still doing my background check.

which means... I dont gotta start work on monday!!!!

more vacation!!! 3 cheers!!

JEK

JEK

JEKKI!!

one more day to play more games... but I still gotta beat Fatal Frame by sunday... it's my goal!!!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Juvenile
Eccentric
Krazy
Kangaroo
Infantile.

Oh yeah, I said it[/QUOTE]

true dat yo, especially the Juvenile part.

That's you with that bad ass Benz ha

That's you that can't keep yo' old lady cause you keep fuckin her friends ha

You gotta go to court ha

You got served a subpeona for child support ha

That was that nerve ha

You ain't even much get a chance to say a word ha

I know i ain't trippin don't your brother got them birds ha

You ready to bust one of them ninjaz head ha

You ain't scared ha

You know how to play it ha

I know you ain't just gonna let a ninja come and punk you ha

Stunt and front you ha

Straight up run you ha

You know who got that fire green ha

You know how to use a triple beam ha

Shit ain't hard as it seems ha

You keep your body clean ha

You got a lot of girbaud jeans ha

Some of your partners dope fiends ha

You really don't want to fuck with them ninjaz ha

You come up with them ninjaz ha

You stuck with them ninjaz ha

Alright, I think I'm gonna say eff selling this computer and getting a laptop and just upgrading the shit out of it. I figure my little xp problem is either failing mobo, or failing cpu. I'm running a 7900 GS 256mb, AMD Athalon x2 3800+, 2 gigs of ram and a crappy N-force motherboard, and a 500w psu. Few months ago I tried to re-install windows, got a need file asms error, blah blah blah.

I want to:
Switch to intel processors, and get a nice core2duo suitable for gaming
Get a nice new mobo
Get a nice new video card

Processor wise, I'm not sure what I want, though I need it under 150.

MOBO wise, I'm looking at this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131275
or this:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128337

Video card wise:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130379

That MOBO plays nice with the video card, right? I know my 500w psu can handle it.

Good choices? I'll finally buy crysis if I do this, just to say I can run it well.

EDIT: This seems like a great processor for the price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115032

These three things are compatible, right. I'm guessing I'll be able to do some serious gaming after this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow. my home made sushi tastes horrible... I did learn from my mistakes tonight, so next time will be even better![/quote]

I could go for a California Roll right about now.

Went to trade in Uncharted for SC4. They were only gonna give 23 for it so I had to decline. :cry:

so yesterday I was at the grocery store and saw this... which leads me to believe Fat Princess has a sequel already:

gprincess.jpg

ugh...got an 11 hour day at work tomorrow.

Probably gonna play some burnout tonight since I downloaded the update last night. Either that or some Lost Planet Colonies.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm not at my house, [/quote]

Me too, and I brought my 360.

Oh, shit, I forgot to bring any controller.

fuck me.

What games are must gets for me? I'm not really sure.... The only game I'm a 100% sure I'm going to get is Fallout 3. I might think about getting Disgaea DS but I already own it for the PSP...

Edit: And Left 4 Dead is a game I NEED.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone get anything from the GS 50% off sale?
i have edge too btw
im lookin at the darkness the club or prey
i kinda want prey just cuz i could get it for like $4

I can see the love for Left 4 Dead, and its great. I can't really find any interest for it, but it's probably because I never liked zombie games other than Doom and Wolfenstein and even that was a stretch for me.

I love zombie games, Left 4 Dead is a must for me. The idea of making it heavily based on cooperation is interesting but most of my friends who have a 360 have 56k. Despite that, I still want.

MM, despite all the Kojima pics you've got and meetups with him, I still think this is more badass:

2719192734_3af5a1d9c3.jpg

and damn. that's the best SF poster design I've ever seen. anywhere sell it?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']MM, despite all the Kojima pics you've got and meetups with him, I still think this is more badass:

2719192734_3af5a1d9c3.jpg

and damn. that's the best SF poster design I've ever seen. anywhere sell it?[/quote]

I don't give a crap about meeting Kojima but I'll be damned if my envy level didn't rise from that.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']
bioshock-intro-12.jpg

"A man chooses, and a slave obeys"[/quote]

Would you kindly tell me what you thought of Bioshock?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It was my second favorite game of last year. I loved it. I'll be picking up the PS3 version as well later this year.[/quote]

You and me both, can't wait to see what they've added! *praying for new Big Daddy from concept art*

Gah, I've still got to beat it. IT was my most hyped game, got halfway through and stuck at the stupid part with the enemies that burst into roses (the last wouldn't appear) and quit.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Gah, I've still got to beat it. IT was my most hyped game, got halfway through and stuck at the stupid part with the enemies that burst into roses (the last wouldn't appear) and quit.[/quote]
FINISH IT NOW

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Seriously. Why are you posting on CAG and not finishing it?[/quote]

I have no will to do it. I've gotten past that point, and played a couple of times, but I have zero fun while doing it.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']already started
and i mentioned it earlier but its open to anyone with an ign account insidero rnot
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/redfaction/restricted.aspx[/quote]

Page tells me it's restricted.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/redfaction/na/

That one works though. I couldn't play if I wanted to though, no gold.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still don't understand why people praise Bioshock more than Mass Effect... to each his own.[/quote]

Because RPGs blow ... to me. Sorry, just never liked a single RPG out there and I've tried a bunch of them. Hell, you can see in my gamertag I gave ME another go.

[quote name='distgfx']Page tells me it's restricted.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/redfaction/na/

That one works though. I couldn't play if I wanted to though, no gold.

Because RPGs blow ... to me. Sorry, just never liked a single RPG out there and I've tried a bunch of them. Hell, you can see in my gamertag I gave ME another go.[/quote]

Mass Effect never felt like an RPG to me to be honest. It felt like probably the best shooter of all last year IMHO... only combat in a shooter I've loved in years.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Mass Effect never felt like an RPG to me to be honest. It felt like probably the best shooter of all last year IMHO... only combat in a shooter I've loved in years.[/quote]

That's actually the main problem I had with it, the gameplay, like on most RPGs. It just felt like a really bad shooter to me overall. I probably should mention that I play games solely for gameplay, everything else is an afterthought for me. I liked everything ME did, just not how it did it.

Edit: Heh, I contradicted myself, I shouldn't say it's a shooter if I think it's an RPG.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I have no will to do it. I've gotten past that point, and played a couple of times, but I have zero fun while doing it.[/QUOTE]

The last parts of the game suck anyways, so you really aren't missing out.

I tried playing Bioshock on PC but I have problems playing FPS with mouse/keyboard. So I don't know if that is why, I didn't really like the world/atmosphere, or I don't know if I just didn't dig the gameplay. I'll give it a rent on PS3.

[quote name='Jest']I tried playing Bioshock on PC but I have problems playing FPS with mouse/keyboard. So I don't know if that is why, I didn't really like the world/atmosphere, or I don't know if I just didn't dig the gameplay. I'll give it a rent on PS3.[/QUOTE]

I thought the setting/atmosphere was amazing...gameplay however is a completely different story.

Jesus H, can someone good with computers tell me if this is a good mobo or has another one to suggest?

I know I picked good on video card, pretty sure the processor is pretty good, but I cannot find a good mobo!

Bioshock and Mass Effect were both good. I dunno why people act like Bioshock is shit after you hit some of the more fetch-questy parts. I mean, there's not that many of them, and it's not like there's a ton of backtracking or anything...

But anyway, Pineapple Express was dog shit. Seth Rogan just can't write, and he can't tell a joke, either. I'm not too bitter about it though, because I got my friend to give me money to buy the ticket (he didn't buy my ticket, because that would be gay, and thus, not permissible.) Was still a complete and utter waste of time though, unless you still find the word "fuck" to be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back