GGT #83 is DRM Free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can I install it as many times as I want? And have more than one account? I hope it doesn't take up 18 gigs like GTA IV on PC.

[quote name='KingBroly']So can I install it as many times as I want? And have more than one account? I hope it doesn't take up 18 gigs like GTA IV on PC.[/quote]

That's a lot of freaking space.

Done for the night. Got my desktop semi cool looking. Here's a cap:
desktop-2.jpg

Right now I've got the taskbar back on just because It's easier that way so it doesn't look as good. Still need to find a good weather dock, and a to do list that fits the minimalist looks.

I just got done playing Tales of Vesperia for the night. I only stopped because I used an item early by accident
I'm saving it for a Secret Mission
and I got mad, so I quit for the time being.

I'm contemplating just Gameflying Rock Band on 360, downloading the update, and paying the $5 so I can get the songs on my HDD, even though I've never played RB or GH, and don't really have an interest in them. It's stupid to contemplate it, but..you never know.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so MM if you can or can't answer this that is fine...

are the d-pads on these things going to be like the neo-geo/neo-geo pocket pads?

2852212787_0a26837e59.jpg

if anything, i'll be getting one for a non-shitty 360 pad.[/quote]

Those are an old concept we came up with. Impressive you knew it was tac switched (like the Neo Geo/NGPC). But the current design is different and will cater to what the majority of people want... if you catch my drift.

And you said you needed a layout template? For which type of arcade stick? There are so many out there.

Good morning GGT.

Yesterday was so boring. I hope today is more exciting.

Gonna put some massive time into FFX-2, and maybe play some more Warhawk too.

Also, I really really want to get one of those SumoSac beanbag chairs. A friend of mine just got one and I tried it out yesterday and damn those things are comfortable as hell! Our sofa isn't really the most comfortable thing to lounge around on and play games, so having one of those SumoSacs would be so much more awesome.

If anyone cares...

Bloodline Rebellion New Challengers!

September 14, 2008

Special thanks to the good members of Tekken Zaibatsu Forums, some NEW information on Tekken 6: Bloodilne Rebellion has surfaced! Two NEW characters! Alisa Boskonovich and Lars Alexanderson join the King of the Iron Fist Tournament 6! Expect more news later this week as Namco will be showing off T6: Bloodline Rebellion at the 46th annual AM Show in Tokyo, Japan! Check our TEKKEN 6 section for more news and info as it is released!

SOURCE - CLUB-FC

Markman, those pads going to be better dpad wise than the DualShock3? I never found that one to be too bad, and I'm probably getting SF2HD/SF4 on the PS3 since a few of my friends only have a PS3 as an HD system.

Too early to say, but when they're done of course I'll give my honest opinion.

I don't wanna steer gamers wrong. But my goal is to make everything the ideal level of quality fit for the SF series.

So I guess that means Boskonovich might have been successful in reviving his daughter back in Tekken 3/4. Interest. Hopefully she doesn't keep his fighting "style" :lol:

I do like that Bionic Commando Rearmed's DRM is basically "hey, we're gonna just check real quick to make sure you bought the game, but we'll only do it once and we're not gonna pull some bullshit on you." And then it works. Just throw the activated game on a DVD and you're good to go. Capcom gets it. They always do.

Not looking forward to seeing what shenanigans EA's got going on with Crysis Warhead, though.

[quote name='KingBroly']So can I install it as many times as I want? And have more than one account? I hope it doesn't take up 18 gigs like GTA IV on PC.[/quote]

18 gigs?! yikes. where did you read this?

it might be worth it for 60fps GTAIV.

[quote name='Chacrana']I do like that Bionic Commando Rearmed's DRM is basically "hey, we're gonna just check real quick to make sure you bought the game, but we'll only do it once and we're not gonna pull some bullshit on you." And then it works. Just throw the activated game on a DVD and you're good to go. Capcom gets it. They always do.

Not looking forward to seeing what shenanigans EA's got going on with Crysis Warhead, though.[/quote]

Capcom doesn't deserve a pat on the back for that...

[quote name='willardhaven']Capcom doesn't deserve a pat on the back for that...[/QUOTE]

Compared to some other publishers, they deserve a fucking medal for it.

That's some dangerous thinking there sir.

To each his own, but I couldn't pay a dime for a game from a publisher who assumes I'm stealing it.

DRM Free? Bullshit, there has to be some sort of copy protection that I don't know about.

After what MarkMan just said, I am now having doubts about the SFIV pads...

[quote name='willardhaven']That's some dangerous thinking there sir.

To each his own, but I couldn't pay a dime for a game from a publisher who assumes I'm stealing it.[/QUOTE]

Eh, well the way I look at it, it's not any different than buying a game on XBLA.

I like playing PC games, but DRM does annoy me more than anything at this point. It's annoying to constantly need an internet connection to play my XBLA games now. I was playing Geometry Wars one day and the internet went down for a sec. Boom, back to the trial version :roll: Just wait until this becomes standard practice on consoles and PCs. I'm done when that happens. Remember the DRM Hollywood wanted on Blu-rays? That shit got shot down, because it would have been sales suicide.

I shouldn't have to infest my PC with all kinds of DRM crap just to play a game. I understand the need for it, but if somebody's going to pirate, they get to play the game DRM-free, while I have to deal with it. Reading about Stardock and Sins of a Solar Empire and how they are handling it right gives me hope for the future.

Yakuza 2 today, bady!! Can't wait to smash some fucking faces in. :)

I spent my entire yesterday not playing games -_- havent played anything since wednesday (except for friday nite's arcade outing)

anybody wanna trade me my copy of Bangai-O Spirits for your Trauma Center 2?!?!?!

I'm in 25th position for TC2 on goozex -_- I'll be throwin BOS up on there unless sum1 here wants to honor my trade

rock band eye of the tiger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFmhI-6NeBI

I've not played any games since the 4th (been traveling and didn't bring my DS) and didn't play much the two weeks before that. Been a bit burned out on games lately.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I like playing PC games, but DRM does annoy me more than anything at this point. It's annoying to constantly need an internet connection to play my XBLA games now. I was playing Geometry Wars one day and the internet went down for a sec. Boom, back to the trial version :roll: Just wait until this becomes standard practice on consoles and PCs. I'm done when that happens. Remember the DRM Hollywood wanted on Blu-rays? That shit got shot down, because it would have been sales suicide.

I shouldn't have to infest my PC with all kinds of DRM crap just to play a game. I understand the need for it, but if somebody's going to pirate, they get to play the game DRM-free, while I have to deal with it. Reading about Stardock and Sins of a Solar Empire and how they are handling it right gives me hope for the future.

[/quote]

That's pretty much the reason I bought SOASE at full price. I love their DRM stance.

We need more companies like good old games. Completely drm free pc games, free extras with every purchase, works on vista, just wonderful.

Oh, and if anyone has a copy of yakuza 1 and is done with it, cml.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarthPuma']That's pretty much the reason I bought SOASE at full price. I love their DRM stance.

We need more companies like good old games. Completely drm free pc games, free extras with every purchase, works on vista, just wonderful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I still need to pick it up, purely on principle. Plus, it's a good game. ;)

We need to send a message to publishers. This is how all PC games should be.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I like playing PC games, but DRM does annoy me more than anything at this point. It's annoying to constantly need an internet connection to play my XBLA games now. I was playing Geometry Wars one day and the internet went down for a sec. Boom, back to the trial version :roll: Just wait until this becomes standard practice on consoles and PCs. I'm done when that happens. Remember the DRM Hollywood wanted on Blu-rays? That shit got shot down, because it would have been sales suicide.

Yakuza 2 today, bady!! Can't wait to smash some fucking faces in. :)[/QUOTE]

If we get to the point where all games are basically rentals bound by the draconian terms that companies choose, yeah, I'm done with it all.

I bought Sins of a Solar Empire a few months ago, but haven't played it yet. I know the demo showed hella promise.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, I still need to pick it up, purely on principle. Plus, it's a good game. ;)

We need to send a message to publishers. This is how all PC games should be.[/quote]

It really is a fantastic game. Shame I suck too bad at it to finish a game.

[quote name='Chacrana']If we get to the point where all games are basically rentals bound by the draconian terms that companies choose, yeah, I'm done with it all.

I bought Sins of a Solar Empire a few months ago, but haven't played it yet. I know the demo showed hella promise.[/QUOTE]
I'll be done if that happens for sure. I have a pretty substantial backlog, so I'll have shit to play until the day I die. Hopefully, that's a long ways off. ;)

[quote name='DarthPuma']It really is a fantastic game. Shame I suck too bad at it to finish a game.[/QUOTE]
Sounds great. I should go get the demo later. I'm pretty sure I'm going to suck at it too. :)

It's really fun if you have the patience for it.

Think I'm gonna have to install it again now lol.

The awesome thing about it is if you have a couple computers in the house, you can install it on all of them and LAN with friends.

In cool news, I was stoked to see Crysis Warhead is indeed going to be $25 at CC this week, but the Fry's ad has the game for like $23... and by this point, it's just a fucking good deal for what apparently is an unbelievably good FPS.

There's also a $10 gift card thing at CC if you buy Dragon Quest IV, so I think I'll do that and use the gift card on Crysis Warhead. 1Up's review claiming that the game retains its charm but has been modernized enough to feel relevant has me confident that this is a game to own. So I will take care of that.

COUP D'ETAT, mofucky.

[quote name='Chacrana']In cool news, I was stoked to see Crysis Warhead is indeed going to be $25 at CC this week, but the Fry's ad has the game for like $23... and by this point, it's just a fucking good deal for what apparently is an unbelievably good FPS.

There's also a $10 gift card thing at CC if you buy Dragon Quest IV, so I think I'll do that and use the gift card on Crysis Warhead. 1Up's review claiming that the game retains its charm but has been modernized enough to feel relevant has me confident that this is a game to own. So I will take care of that.

COUP D'ETAT, mofucky.[/quote]

I have a 10 dollar amazon gc and a 5 dollar one coming in that I was saving for Fable but you've got me all excited about crysis. Bastard, I could have used that on my Stick.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I have a 10 dollar amazon gc and a 5 dollar one coming in that I was saving for Fable but you've got me all excited about crysis. Bastard, I could have used that on my Stick.[/QUOTE]

A couple things to keep in mind:

1) Throwing money at your stick won't add inches to it

2) Crysis is so much cooler than Fable

[quote name='Chacrana']A couple things to keep in mind:

1) Throwing money at your stick won't add inches to it

2) Crysis is so much cooler than Fable[/quote]

Crysis is definitely cooler than fable, but I need that stick for my tripple so I can have jekki skills.

I'm thinking I'm going to sell a bunch of shit to GS or on CAG to help pay for my SFIV stick. I need to compile a list of all my crap that I don't want.

I just got back from Target where I picked up Lost Odyssey for $30. I'll probably start when I finish Tales of Vesperia.

What's the best place to sell a 360? My Warranty is up in November, and since I'm just gonna get a refurb back I'm going to sell it and pick up an Arcade.

Used my free GOG code for Giants. It looks fun.

Well, I preordered the UK version of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. Hopefully, it won't give me bad teeth. That's a country that needs dental service far more than any African region.

Shit doesn't come out for a little more than a week still, but I've waited to play this game since I first saw it in 2005, so what's a little longer?

Could I get 250 for 360 with 2 controllers, 20 gig hard drive, lost planet, tomb raider legend, and a headset? I'm strongly considering doing that and picking up a new 60 gig premium when they announce the Holiday bundles.

There's no way to get back my arcade games and such if I sell my HD right?

Playing Okami because I'm bored. Still really don't like it. I'll give it a little while longer and if my mind doesn't change it's sold. Same goes for God of War 2.

It amazes me that I have trouble having fun with GOW 2 after I loved the first.

[quote name='distgfx']

After what MarkMan just said, I am now having doubts about the SFIV pads...[/quote]

Late to reply to this but...

Any reason behind the doubts? The ones pictured are nothing like the ones we have now. The one we are currently making is something that will appeal to the majority of the gamers based on our research/testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back