GGT 87's AI Freakin' Cheats, So I Smashed My Controller. That'll Teach 'Em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah. I was looking at Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, White Knight Story, and maybe, just maybe, be like the PS2 and cease to be a complete piece of shit after that first 6 months. Because the PS2 had a rough first 6 months, but man oh man did it recover. What we've got with the PS3 is a system with but one of those heavy hitters released and absolutely no hardcore or niche games with any semblance of quality. Not exactly what I anticipated. Where's that surprise hit that comes outta nowhere? Where's the halfway decent RPGs? Where's Capcom? I mean, if we're honestly clamoring for the sequel to motherfucking Resistence of all things, you know there's a serious issue. That'd be like if people lined up for Timesplitters 2. Do you know desperate you'd have to be?[/quote]

Wish I could begin to understand, but I've been pretty happy with mine. I originally got it solely for Ninja Gaiden Sigma but ended up loving Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Warhawk and a lot of the PSN games. I honestly expected it to be my just my NGS system. I expected nothing more of it. Shame it didn't meet your expectations. You have a point though, where the fuck has Capcom been?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I bought my PS3 for Tekken 5 DR, VF5, and MGS4. I'm looking forward to Tekken 6 and that's about it for PS3. 360 is bleak too. PC and PS2 is where it's at right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, man, the only thing I'm even considering for the rest of the year on current gen consoles is Gears of War 2. Everything else like Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 is PC shit, Persona 4 is on that PS Double, and Chrono Trigger DS and Castlevania are on the DS. There's nothing on the PSP either.

It's interesting that this Christmas season is sorta a respite... well, at least, there's like 7-8 games I'm lookin' at from now till the end of the year, which really isn't that much, since some of those aren't surefire successes. Like Silent Hill Homecoming (please be good...)

Edit: I should add, though, while there's not much coming out, it's nice, because this gives me a ton of time to actually play through stuff. There's not a single game I want from now through October 21st, so yeah.

whoo!

I mean... not whoo!!

in the words of Mama Knight... my wallet am cry.

zv1x6d.jpg

17yahh.jpg

the 3 games were copped off goozex.

the 4 were purchased all used at gamestop. It sux coz I dont wanna be a game collector, but rare gamecube games + 30% off + steady paychecks makes me like eh why not...

Wario I bought separately from the 3 since my coupon only allowed up to 3 games

but it's all good, I'm jus gonna beat it then return it to the store within a week... true cheapass style!!

my original plans for the weekend were to do the Megaman 9 thing... now it's Wario, MM9 will wait longer

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, man, the only thing I'm even considering for the rest of the year on current gen consoles is Gears of War 2. Everything else like Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 is PC shit, Persona 4 is on that PS Double, and Chrono Trigger DS and Castlevania are on the DS. There's nothing on the PSP either.

It's interesting that this Christmas season is sorta a respite... well, at least, there's like 7-8 games I'm lookin' at from now till the end of the year, which really isn't that much, since some of those aren't surefire successes. Like Silent Hill Homecoming (please be good...)

Edit: I should add, though, while there's not much coming out, it's nice, because this gives me a ton of time to actually play through stuff. There's not a single game I want from now through October 21st, so yeah.[/QUOTE]
I wish my year was that light. I have a crazy amount of games to buy. Not as many as last year, but still a hell of a lot.

[quote name='distgfx']Wish I could begin to understand, but I've been pretty happy with mine. I originally got it solely for Ninja Gaiden Sigma but ended up loving Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Warhawk and a lot of the PSN games. I honestly expected it to be my just my NGS system. I expected nothing more of it. Shame it didn't meet your expectations. You have a point though, where the fuck has Capcom been?[/QUOTE]

See, but the thing is, those games feel like "some game I played before"-lite. Resistance was incredibly generic apart from the weapons, and even then, those weapons were just cool concepts - they weren't especially fun to use or make you feel like you could just devastate the enemy or something. Heavenly Sword we already discussed - I still think it feels like stylish actioner #355. It's like Bujingai in that regard. Motorstorm felt stripped down, and it had no sense of speed at all. When I play a racing game, I want some white-knuckle shit. That felt like Bulky Go-Karts: The Game. Warhawk... I got nothin. It was just boring. It all feels so damned stagnant. None of this shit's trying to advance their genre or even do something especially well. It's hard to feel anything but apathy.

[quote name='Chacrana']See, but the thing is, those games feel like "some game I played before"-lite. Resistance was incredibly generic apart from the weapons, and even then, those weapons were just cool concepts - they weren't especially fun to use or make you feel like you could just devastate the enemy or something. Heavenly Sword we already discussed - I still think it feels like stylish actioner #355. It's like Bujingai in that regard. Motorstorm felt stripped down, and it had no sense of speed at all. When I play a racing game, I want some white-knuckle shit. That felt like Bulky Go-Karts: The Game. Warhawk... I got nothin. It was just boring. It all feels so damned stagnant. None of this shit's trying to advance their genre or even do something especially well. It's hard to feel anything but apathy.[/quote]

Hm, I see. Oh well, shame you don't like it but hopefully when the games you mentioned come out it will justify your purchase in some way. Wasn't White Knight Story shown years ago before the PS3 was even out? What's up with that?

[quote name='distgfx']Hm, I see. Oh well, shame you don't like it but hopefully when the games you mentioned come out it will justify your purchase in some way. Wasn't White Knight Story shown years ago before the PS3 was even out? What's up with that?[/QUOTE]

Man, I dunno, but it was pretty damn slick looking, and you had like giant Knight-mechs you could use - it looked fuckin' cool.

On another note, I really hope The Last Remnant hits PCs this year, because it'd be awesome to play a next gen Square game... especially one that doesn't suck! I could buy the 360 version, but I'd rather not play a version that's probably going to be janky as hell when I don't have to.

Shit... my expenses so far this year are crazy. I have a junk corner where I just throw all the games I get and probably won't play until Thanksgiving/Winter Holiday ;(

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']So what's up with PS3 Backwards Compatibility? Is it gimped like the 360 or nonexistant?

Also, I now haz Jet Set Radio Future?[/quote]

60GB and 20GB use hardware - 99.9% BC
80GB (motorstorm or MGS4 bundle) uses software - 80% BC
Everything else has nadda. So many damned SKUs...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wait, so the 80 GB with MGS4 has BC, but the regular 80GB doesn't? What? That's retarded.[/quote]

Very, very retarded. They can all apparently play PSX games though! ... psh

Stuff I need to buy this year

PS2
Dynasty Warriors 6
Persona 4

PS3
Bioshock
Resistance 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Tekken 6
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge

Guilty Gear 2
Saints Row 2
Fable 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Left 4 Dead
Tomb Raider Underworld
The Last Remnant
Prince of Persia

Wii
Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World

DS
Princess Debut
Bleach Dark Souls
Castlevania
Luminous Arc 2
Chrono Trigger

Maybe
Cooking Mama World Kitchen
King of Fighters Orochi Saga
Animal Crossing Cityfolk
Rune Factory 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Mobile Ops
X Blades
Eternal Sonata
Star Ocean

Expect me to buy at least half of those maybes. I wish I hated games as much as some of you guys...

[quote name='distgfx']Very, very retarded. They can all apparently play PSX games though! ... psh[/quote]

You know, fuck you, Sony. You had me *this* close to buying a PS3. Eat a cock.

I know my hate for RPGs has saved me hundreds, if not thousands of dollars throughout the years. That list is waaaay longer than mine, makes me feel better about my purchases!

[quote name='Nelo Ice']sonys been like gimping new skus and just adding more HD space i think[/quote]

Bingo, they even have a new one coming out that's 160GB I believe and has Uncharted.

Man, Mega Man 9 is good. Like, really good. Like, Mega Man 2 good. Or almost anyway. Some really evil designs to the levels, though. The bosses largely seem to be pushovers with their weaknesses (even more so than in past games it seems) but the difficulty is more than balanced out by some of those levels. Yikes!

Only Hornet Man stands between me and Wily's Castle. I can't wait to see what kind of horribly mean levels we've got in there!

It looks like the only $60 new games i'll be gettting this christmas are-

Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Gears of War 2

All on 360.

Maybe ask for some games i've missed over the year for gifts or with gift cards, and maybe some more ds games, but that's it. Resistance is lame, and Little Big Planet doesnt look very fun as a pure platformer outside the user created shit. Add to that PS3 versions are either missing Exclusive DLC or just plain suck as a standard, and that system is very lonely.

I got Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on DS and that is awesome. I know it's not respected like street fighter, but UMK3 is a really fun game.

[quote name='daroga']Man, Mega Man 9 is good. Like, really good. Like, Mega Man 2 good. Or almost anyway. Some really evil designs to the levels, though. The bosses largely seem to be pushovers with their weaknesses (even more so than in past games it seems) but the difficulty is more than balanced out by some of those levels. Yikes!

Only Hornet Man stands between me and Wily's Castle. I can't wait to see what kind of horribly mean levels we've got in there![/QUOTE]

The Wily Stage 3 music is so good. I downloaded the soundtrack, and that song and splash woman's track have been in my head all week!!

I think Mega Man 9 Might actually be the best megaman game. The powerups are useful, the stages are so good.. it's almost blasphemy, but it might be better than MegaMan 2..

I might get Far Cry 2 by the end of the year. Definitely gonna get Crysis regular at some point soon. Maybe Fallout 3. Probably Gears 2.

That's...about it. PC (games + emus) + PSP keep me very busy and I have shitloads I want to play with nothing too interesting coming out on the horizon. I just stopped craving/being excited for new games. I think it has something to do with Itagaki not being involved in the game industry right now.

But when Capcom hires him, I'll get excited again. Cause that's what's going to happen...right?

My list looks like this

PS3
Tekken 6 whenever it comes out
Eternal Sonata maybe

Tales of Vesperia sometime
Gears 2 for some online fun

PC
Far Cry 2
Fallout 3

PS2
Persona 4

Also include saving up money for a SFIV stick or 2, and a new TV.

[quote name='daroga']Man, Mega Man 9 is good. Like, really good. Like, Mega Man 2 good. Or almost anyway. Some really evil designs to the levels, though. The bosses largely seem to be pushovers with their weaknesses (even more so than in past games it seems) but the difficulty is more than balanced out by some of those levels. Yikes!

Only Hornet Man stands between me and Wily's Castle. I can't wait to see what kind of horribly mean levels we've got in there![/quote]

nice never played a 2d mega man before unless u cant the advent games on DS c

im getting it on xbla since i have like 12k in points on xbla compared to 1600 on wii so i figure i might as well burn the MS points and i cant play the wii version on my monitor since theres no composite or component inputs

[quote name='ninja dog']This game's graphics are still near the top of the heap on the PS2. I think it might even look better than XII:
2vih288.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I remember when I played through International, it looked quite a bit better than FFXII did. Probably because FFXII was designed for exploring huge expanses, so they had to dwarf the graphics a bit.

this year i want
saints row 2
fable 2
fallout 3
gears 2
left 4 dead
banjo nuts and bolts(ok i may just get the xbla code then return it lol)

fallout i might get for pc depending if i can run it and i would get left 4 dead pc but everyone i kno is gonna be playin it on live

Oh, man, I love the commercial for Sonic RPG on the DS. They start out by showing the Bioware logo, which is basically an admission that yeah, Sonic's name has no meaning anymore. And then they try to make it look all badass and interesting. But you see the game in action, and it's obviously fuckin' not.

So, is anyone going to take a Megaman share?

KoF is pretty fun, though I don't really know what the fuck goes on. Played it with some friends.

Can't return yakuza for a complete copy because there are no lamestops in my area, I'm pretty pissed.

supposed to be asleeep by now, but I decided to see if Max Payne still holds up. Still just as fun to jump in on a room of guys in bullet time and fuck them up with dual berettas.

When does Dragon Quest IV get good? Coz I'm on Chapter 2, and I dunno so far. I mean, it's got potential, but right now, the battles feel basically like the only strategy is level up. Because the choices you have are either attack, or use like... one spell. So I dunno.

[quote name='Chacrana']When does Dragon Quest IV get good? Coz I'm on Chapter 2, and I dunno so far. I mean, it's got potential, but right now, the battles feel basically like the only strategy is level up. Because the choices you have are either attack, or use like... one spell. So I dunno.[/QUOTE]
I fucking told you.

[quote name='ninja dog']supposed to be asleeep by now, but I decided to see if Max Payne still holds up. Still just as fun to jump in on a room of guys in bullet time and fuck them up with dual berettas.[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah. I think I'll mow through Max Payne 2 sometime soon. I keep hearing ramblings about a sequel coming just in time for the movie's DVD release, made by the team behind The Warriors.

I bet it will probably suck balls.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']am I the only person really happy with the super beefed ralf?[/QUOTE]
I'm indifferent about it. Still waiting for them to announce Rock will be in it...

Well shit. 5 pages late. I always fall behind on the weekends :roll:

I went out and picked up Dark Cloud. I started it way back when it first came out and have been telling myself I'd pick it up again. So I finally did. W00t.

[quote name='Ahadi']Well shit. 5 pages late. I always fall behind on the weekends :roll:

I went out and picked up Dark Cloud. I started it way back when it first came out and have been telling myself I'd pick it up again. So I finally did. W00t.[/quote]

I can't believe I actually beat that game. Don't remember when but I did. It was an interesting experience.

[quote name='distgfx']I can't believe I actually beat that game. Don't remember when but I did. It was an interesting experience.[/QUOTE]

All I know is it's been like 5 or 6 years since I've played it, and I have nothing but fond memories of it. So I can't wait to get back on campus to fire it up.

I also may use gamestops b2g1 to snag Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper. I've never played any of them! So I figure they are all cheap enough and one will be free that I'll get my moneys worth.

My list right now (subject to change):

PS3
Eternal Sonata
Valkyria Chronicles
Resistance 2
Little Big Planet
Prince of Persia
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (maybe)
Midnight Club LA (maybe)

Gears of War 2
Fallout 3
The Last Remnant
MK Vs DC
Fable 2
Left 4 Dead
NBA Live 09 and/or NBA 2K9
Banjo Kazooie Nuts N Bolts (maybe)
Mirror's Edge (maybe)

DS
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania OoE
Metal Slug 7 (maybe)

Wii
Tales of Symphona DotNW

PS2
Persona 4
Eternal Poison
SingStar Pop v.2

Last edited by a moderator:
My list for the year:

PS2
Persona 4

PS3
Dead Space
Eternal Sonata
Valkyria Chronicles

DS
Black Sigil
Castlevania OoE
Chrono Trigger

PC
A Vampyre Story

I'm sure there are more that I'll pick up, but these are all on the "for sure" list.

My list for the rest of the year:

Wii
Animal Crossing: City Folk

Yeah, that's it (Rune Factory 2 is a very strong maybe, though). It's all I would need, and besides, still picking through my backlog and money's a little tight :whistle2:(

[quote name='Ahadi']I also may use gamestops b2g1 to snag Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper. I've never played any of them! So I figure they are all cheap enough and one will be free that I'll get my moneys worth.[/QUOTE]Go for it! Never played Rachet, but the first Jak and Sly games are two of the best platformers on the PS2, IMO.

Going to start Rhapsody today. Was gonna do it last night, but was reminded that the first presidential debate was going to be on, so I watched that instead.

My list is pretty small too.

:ps3:
LittleBigPlanet

:ds:
Castlevania
Chrono Trigger (Probably a Christmas money purchase)

:360:
Fallout 3 (maybe; if so probably a Christmas money purchase)

blueshinra, your sig reminded me I need to just sit down and beat the "second player" round of Mario Galaxy. Not even like 120 stars; 60 would suffice for now.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']fuck yeah. I think I'll mow through Max Payne 2 sometime soon. I keep hearing ramblings about a sequel coming just in time for the movie's DVD release, made by the team behind The Warriors.

I bet it will probably suck balls.[/quote]

Yeah, the game was never officially canceled, I don't think. Remedy should've made Max Payne 3 instead of getting caught up in that Alan Wake mess. They could've pooped out the same game with with next gen graphics, a new story, and it would still be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back