GGT 87's AI Freakin' Cheats, So I Smashed My Controller. That'll Teach 'Em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god I have a short list. I will overcome my backlog, someday.

10/21 - Bioshock
10/21 - LBP (maybe)
10/?? - Rock Band 2
10/28 - Away: Shuffle Dungeon
12/08 - Persona 4

[quote name='Chacrana']When does Dragon Quest IV get good? Coz I'm on Chapter 2, and I dunno so far. I mean, it's got potential, but right now, the battles feel basically like the only strategy is level up. Because the choices you have are either attack, or use like... one spell. So I dunno.[/QUOTE]
Never played DQ before, have you? Gets more complex later when you have a real party and the enemies aren't totally easy, but for the most part thats it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yea... here's my pickups for September minus some stuff I can't show yet :(

2847343288_3dfd08218c.jpg

2861448998_2c54f92cf4.jpg

2864862510_6a6b919e40.jpg

2892264072_496f442a3b.jpg

2891425395_a2fbb9c38c.jpg

2891425973_b1439d0f69.jpg

2891616775_3289d80a4b.jpg

2891617651_c214a490fc.jpg

AND!

Bionic Commando (PS3/360) plays SO awesome. Capcom is going to own early 2009.

Bionic Commando
Street Fighter IV
Resident Evil 5

POWAH

I don't have fancy picktures, but my september pickups were
KoF 11
Yakuza
Burnout Paradise
Megaman 9
Wipeout HD
Ultimate Spiderman

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wow GS, my Shenmue 2 disc is an epic failure.[/quote]

At least you got a case and manual lol.

I don't see myself ever ordering off their website again.

So I'm gonna throw my 360 up on CL sometime today. That Lego batman deal is way to hard to pass up.

[quote name='Chacrana']Man... Bully was so overrated. What a crappy game.

I've gotta make a decision regarding which version of Mega Man 9 to get...[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking PS3 or Wii version.

How can I test which PC games will work on my computer. I think there is a site somewhere...

Because Steam has the MAX PAYNE bundle for $7.50.

Bah, stupid Mega Man 9. If you stop playing and then come back in the middle of Wily's Castle, you start all over again. I figured that was the case, but I was hoping that it wasn't.

Finished all the sidequests in FFX-2 except the 100 lvl dungeon. I also managed to get the Mascot dressphere, which has some really neat abilities to it. I think I'll hold off on tackling the dungeon for Monday tho, and use the weekend to play more DQ4, MM9 and WipEout HD.

[quote name='Foo228']Is pgr3 worth getting for $5? I've heard about bad load times but I guess that can be fixed with the new 360 update.

Also, the gs deal (b2g1) has me interested: dead rising, assassins creed and yakuza for $35ish...yay or nay? (or non-rpg suggestions?)[/quote]

anybody? I'll be going out later today.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well, yeah, but that's the decision I'm trying to make :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh, well I'm leaning towards PS3 myself.

[quote name='Foo228']anybody? I'll be going out later today.[/quote]If the install thing really fixes it, PGR3 might be alright. PGR4 is the better game, though, and is pretty cheap already.

[quote name='daroga']If the install thing really fixes it, PGR3 might be alright. PGR4 is the better game, though, and is pretty cheap already.[/quote]

Bringing pgr4 in the mix makes me think about getting burnout though...especially with all the new additions :hot:

[quote name='Foo228']Bringing pgr4 in the mix makes me think about getting burnout though...especially with all the new additions :hot:[/quote]If your tastes are more towards arcade racers, Burnout is better than either PGR game on the 360. If you like a mix of realism and arcadey, PGR4 is the way to go.

Burnout has less frustration associated with it, certainly.

For those of you going back and forth on Wii vs PS3 for MM9, I think I'd go Wii. I just played through the Mega Man Collection on the PS3(2), and while its close, I think the Classic Controller just feels a bit nicer in its dpad than the dualshock does for these games. A little bit more precise.

And I'd recommend avoiding the 360 version. You need a level of precision that the 360 dpad would never give, and you just can't get from an analog stick on a 2D plain.

I dunno about that, the Classic Controller's D-Pad seems to be raised up a little too high for me. Not to mention it's just plain not comfortable to hold. Having played both version with both controllers, I find it easier for me to move quickly with the PS3's d-pad.

[quote name='daroga']If your tastes are more towards arcade racers, Burnout is better than either PGR game on the 360. If you like a mix of realism and arcadey, PGR4 is the way to go.

Burnout has less frustration associated with it, certainly.[/quote]

That's great to hear (and to finally get a grasp on those games' genres). Burnout is the way to go then as I'm not a fan of realistic racers (hated forza) but arcade is the good stuff for me. :cool:

Condmened 2 feels really different from Condemned.

JSRF is great.

Haven't played KOTOR yet.

I've been watching the Shenmue 2 bonus DVD (the "feature length movie" of the first game). I would have much prefered that disc to not work.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I'm not digging the burnout bikes.[/quote]

They'll grow on ya.

[quote name='Chacrana']K, got that SNES modded. Holy shit is Rockman & Forte good. I haven't played it in a few years, and it's just.... awesome.[/quote]

Awesome is an understatement for what that game is.

Also, did anyone else think Mercenaries 2 was really good for the first day, then got less exciting and more tedious as the days went on, and basically to the point of being totally done with it (as in not feeling like playing it anymore)?

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, man. This is the real Mega Man 9. Mega Man 9 is just Mega Man 2.5.[/quote]

Yeah, it did have the same vibe (based on the demo).....I think I could be better off buying the first two Mega Man's off the VC for the same price then buy 9 down the road.

[quote name='distgfx']I dunno about that, the Classic Controller's D-Pad seems to be raised up a little too high for me. Not to mention it's just plain not comfortable to hold. Having played both version with both controllers, I find it easier for me to move quickly with the PS3's d-pad.[/quote]That is true, I keep forgetting that I've got that Nyko grip on my Classic Controller which improves the CC's ergonomics 300x. Seriously, if you ever use the CC, get this and throw away the remote holder clip thing: http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-C..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1222536160&sr=8-2

[quote name='Filler2001']Yeah, it did have the same vibe (based on the demo).....I think I could be better off buying the first two Mega Man's off the VC for the same price then buy 9 down the road.[/quote]Save even more money and just get Mega Man 2. The first game isn't that great.

[quote name='distgfx']Whoa, that thing looks badass. I can definitely see it being much more enjoyable with that.[/quote]Yeah, it's fantastic. Makes the CC actually work as an N64 controller, and is just comfy to hold.

Datel's CC is awesome.

It has the Wii remote functionality built in so it is truely wireless compared to Nintendo's CC.

Great item if anyone is looking for a better solution.

I did play the Mega Man 9 demo very briefly. And by that I mean I played for a good 25 minutes but kept dying :lol:

But my question is, is this a port of an older Mega Man game, or is it a newly made game in the old skool style?

[quote name='Ahadi']I did play the Mega Man 9 demo very briefly. And by that I mean I played for a good 25 minutes but kept dying :lol:

But my question is, is this a port of an older Mega Man game, or is it a newly made game in the old skool style?[/quote]Brand new game.

Hey fools.

I was wondering is Pure really as awesome as the demo lead me to believe? I love really arcady racing games with tricks to them, and this game happens to remind me of a prettier Excite Truck sans the motion controls. I'm thinking about getting this over the more popular Motorstorm in fact.

Should I get it? And if so, why? ..like is the singleplayer good, but the online bad..vise versa or both good??

[quote name='daroga']Brand new game.[/QUOTE]

That's sick.

Also, Puma, I'm going to send you paypal for Mega Man on Sunday when I'm back at school can actually download the game.

I found a used mayflash on ebay for like 37 shipped, that I'm going to jump on as soon as I sell some more shit and have enough money for the stick and new parts.

How hard is it to get art for a stick and get it on?

Can anyone turn me on to a good hack and slash/brawler/something that's good for co-op? Champions of Norrath just isn't cutting it any more. Is there anything on the PSN or maybe a PS2 game I might have missed through the years?

[quote name='Ahadi']Can anyone turn me on to a good hack and slash/brawler/something that's good for co-op? Champions of Norrath just isn't cutting it any more. Is there anything on the PSN or maybe a PS2 game I might have missed through the years?[/quote]XBLA has a number of them. TMNT, Castle Crashers, etc.

My warranty ends in two months. I know I could extend it, but I can also do it this way and get a brand new 360, Lego Batman, and 5 arcade games for nothing.

[quote name='DarthPuma']My warranty ends in two months. I know I could extend it, but I can also do it this way and get a brand new 360, Lego Batman, and 5 arcade games for nothing.[/quote]

Noice.

Alright, so this is what my list for the rest of the year looks like. It includes some stuff that's still iffy.

Xbox 360:
Gears of War 2

Playstation 3:
Zilch

Wii:
Nada

PSP:
Nothing

DS:
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Chrono Trigger DS

Playstation 2:
Persona 4

Playstation 1:
Persona 2: Innocent Sin (what? The translation's out on Oct. 15th. This counts as a new game, and easily one of my most anticipated)

PC:
Far Cry 2
Fallout 3
Mirror's Edge
Prince of Persia
Tomb Raider Underworld

So, not too much.

My rest of the year:

PS3
Fallout 3
Little Big Planet
Rock Band 2
possible-Resistance, Guitar Hero World Tour, Mirror's Edge (probably just a rental there)PoP (again. probably a rental)

Gears 2
Banjo

PS2
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Street Fighter Anniversary
Persona 4

DS
Might pick up kirby

Also getting an arcade stick at some point, and might get new rock band instruments

[quote name='Chacrana']Alright, so this is what my list for the rest of the year looks like. It includes some stuff that's still iffy.

Xbox 360:
Gears of War 2

Playstation 3:
Zilch

Wii:
Nada

PSP:
Nothing

DS:
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Chrono Trigger DS

Playstation 2:
Persona 4

Playstation 1:
Persona 2: Innocent Sin (what? The translation's out on Oct. 15th. This counts as a new game, and easily one of my most anticipated)

PC:
Far Cry 2
Fallout 3
Mirror's Edge
Prince of Persia
Tomb Raider Underworld

So, not too much.[/quote]

No LBP :(

Anyways, my list is probably a little more sparse

PS3:

Resistance 2
LittleBigPlanet
Call of Duty 5
Saints Row 2
Motorstorm 2
Destroy All Humans
MK vs. DC
Mirrors Edge
DBZ: BurstLimit (maybe.....even though it already came out)

Wii:

Animal Crossing: City Folk
Sam & Max: Season 1

DS:

Castlevania: OOE

DLC:

StrongBad (Both Eps)
various VC games

Castlevania OoE
Little Big Planet
Fallout 3
Chrono Trigger
Those are guaranteed.

Maybes are PoP, Mirrors Edge, Tomb Raider, Resistance 2, CoD:WaW, Farcry 2, Crysis + Warhead, Persona 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back