GGT 89 is my name and I'm a puppeteer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']They are insanely mediocre FPS games. They offer no originality or anything that isn't done better elsewhere. The first game was cool back when it came out alongside the PS2 because it was from the dudes who made Goldeneye (which was still relevant back then) and was a PS2 game, but it actually sucked.[/quote]

The campaign for Timesplitters 1 and 2 were pretty mediocre but the multiplayer was solid. The third game got it all right with a solid and funny campaign as well as a solid multiplayer mode.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']at least back up your claims. I can see how someone wouldn't like them, but they far from suck.[/QUOTE]

The weapons were unoriginal and not fun to use, since they didn't feel powerful. It wasn't like Resistance where you can at least claim the weapons try to be creative - these just weren't any good. And when the core mechanic of a game - shooting - is shit, well, your game is sunk, buckaroo.

The time-traveling in the single player campaign was hacked together and made no sense. It was like these guys couldn't think of a compelling enough setting, so they just decided to use whatever the fuck came to mind.

The level designs were clearly cobbled together with the in-game level editor. There were no surprises or cool moments - it was just "hey dude, run through this level!" They didn't even try. It was actually worse than Halo's level design, and that was one of the most piss-poor excuses for a single player game ever.

The multiplayer was like a sped-up Goldeneye to the point where the game felt completely spastic. So basically, it was worse than Goldeneye, and that was not only 3 years old at the time - it was on the damn N64.

The character designs were a precursor to what's often considered "creative" today. That's slang for stupid as hell. Timesplitters 2 retained the stupid designs.

This:
timesplitters_2_4_250.jpg

Is not cool. It is objectively crap.

The game did nothing well.

[quote name='Chacrana']The weapons were unoriginal and not fun to use, since they didn't feel powerful. It wasn't like Resistance where you can at least claim the weapons try to be creative - these just weren't any good. And when the core mechanic of a game - shooting - is shit, well, your game is sunk, buckaroo.

The time-traveling in the single player campaign was hacked together and made no sense. It was like these guys couldn't think of a compelling enough setting, so they just decided to use whatever the fuck came to mind.

The level designs were clearly cobbled together with the in-game level editor. There were no surprises or cool moments - it was just "hey dude, run through this level!" They didn't even try. It was actually worse than Halo's level design, and that was one of the most piss-poor excuses for a single player game ever.

The multiplayer was like a sped-up Goldeneye to the point where the game felt completely spastic. So basically, it was worse than Goldeneye, and that was not only 3 years old at the time - it was on the damn N64.

The character designs were a precursor to what's often considered "creative" today. That's slang for stupid as hell. Timesplitters 2 retained the stupid designs.

This:
timesplitters_2_4_250.jpg

Is not cool. It is objectively crap.

The game did nothing well.[/quote]

I'll give you that the weapons don't feel powerfull and or are not that fun to use , your right about that.
The time travelling mechanic was weak in the first two games , but was far more fleshed out in the third.
The level designs I'll give you again weren't that great but they sufficed. As far as the multiplayer being just a sped up Goldeneye , I think thats what people were expecting and wanting and personally I like it like that.
As for the character designs , not all of them are that bad , but I think most of them are funny in that goofy kind of way.

All this talk of FPS's makes want to fire one up... ugh. I might re-buy Resistance so I can a) beat it and b) the online was decent enough.

I beat Megaman 9...

fcukin incredible... taking an old skool approach + some of the tightest controls that games today wish they could achieve,

mixed with some of the most brilliant level design to hit a game in years!!

absolutely genius.

Oy. Just finished off The Darkness....and obviously stayed up way too late!

Damn solid game, probably an 8.5/10. Good graphics, decent story, cool powers and was consistently good from start to finish. Some flaky controls here and there on the creeping death and lack of decent enemy AI keep it from scoring higher. But fun game. Hope there's a sequel!

Once I finish this "Allies for Bruma" quest, am I going to have to close any more Oblivion gates? Having to to 6 or so is going to get old fast.

My only association with Timesplitters is friends saying it's amazing and then one of them playing the Cube one at like 6:30 in the morning before school, so I wake up, come into the common room of the dorm, and see him shooting ducks that had guns on the TV as I make my way to the shower. It was kind of surreal actually.

[quote name='JEKKI']I beat Megaman 9...

fcukin incredible... taking an old skool approach + some of the tightest controls that games today wish they could achieve,

mixed with some of the most brilliant level design to hit a game in years!!

absolutely genius.[/quote]Absolutely.

I've gotta let it sit more, but I'm almost thinking I like 9 better than 2, which had been my previous tops. Mostly because it doesn't have anything obnoxious that equates to that Crash Bomb boss in Wily's Castle in 2. That thing is wholly stupid, since I'm bad at it.

Just started Xenosaga Ep 2. I haven't gotten too far into it, and I'm still getting used to the new menus and the combat changes. The combat tutorial wasn't much help. Bascially, it just told me everything I already knew from playing Episode 1, barely just mentioned the new stuff, and then said "Well, that's it. Figure the rest out for yourself." Gee, thanks a lot.

If my new Dreamcast game gets here today, I'll play that. But I don't think it'll be here till next week sometime. hmm... yeah, I dunno what to do.

Hmm, so a little while back Sony enable DVD and Blu-Ray resume play, so that a disc would pick up right where you left off on the PS3. Now, suddenly, mine isn't doing that. Any thoughts as to why? I've not found an option for it in the settings anywhere.

Not sure. Its working fine with me. Just now finished watching Heroes Season 2 on Blu-Ray, and the resume play feature worked automatically without me ever having to set anything up.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on. It just started working fine on its own before, and seems to have disappeared just as well.

EDIT: Hmm, seems discs the BR Java don't resume. I'm guessing both Iron Man and Speed Racer have that...?

Hey , wanted to see if anyone here was interested in any of the games listed in this deal here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=443888401&pf_rd_i=301712

I only need like one or two of these games. If anyone wanted one of these games and wanted to trade for it , than I'd go ahead and pick them up.

Vacation started today , want to try and beat as many games as I can this week to make up for lost time. Any suggestions for some good short games (doesn't matter what system , except PS3).

Slept like shit last night.

Gonna shower and try and get back in to Oblivion. If not... Lego Star Wars all the way!

[quote name='daroga']Stranglehold was fun but short, No More Heroes, Portal, the Half-Life Episodes, etc.[/quote]

I have Stranglehold , I'll pull that out. I've already got a few other games of varirying lengths that I've started working on. WarioWare Smooth Moves , Yakuza , Dynasty Warriors 2 , Phantom Hourglass , Castle Crashers , Cloning Clyde.

[quote name='suko_32']I love Dynasty Warriors and all, but there's no way I could go back to 2.[/quote]

I have all but 4 , and since I haven't played through any of them , I figured I'd start with 2 and work my way forward. I'll do the same with Samurai Warriors.

Good afternoon, GGT. Stayed up late last night reading. Now I'm tired and I think I'm coming down with another cold, too -_-

Hopefully will plug away some more at Fire Emblem today. I also want to take up DDR again sometime soon...

Another cold? Those seem to be starting to get around. Luckily, I'm immune to germs.

Achoo! Sniff.

Um. Yeah.

Finally into the hero's chapter in DQIV. Now the game really starts in earnest.

ok so yesterday I came home from work. fell asleep, ate dinner, watched 1up show, got motion sickness from watching Resistance 2 and Mirrors Edge, went to lie down, fell asleep AGAIN, showered, played games, fell asleep at 4am, woke up at 9am, went back to bed, finally got out at 11.

so... I slept well.

I want to play Silent Hill but it's not dark yet... I shall fill the day instead with non-gaming until nightfall

Studying for my test on Monday in investments cuhlass. Which I don't really need to study for, because it's easy as fuck. I'm semi-thinking about taking the CFA exam on the side sometime, just because I don't give a damn about this stuff, but it's really easy for me... and seeing Chacranajxy, CFA on a resume or something would be cool. Even though I don't plan on doing shit with it.

God, i wanna play The Witcher.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I can't believe no one will by my Zune for 77 bucks.[/quote]

It's probably the method in which they have to buy it. Paying $130 up front then having to wait 2 months to get their money back is a pretty big inconvenience. Don't get me wrong, great price but a lot to go through to get it for that price. Posting a link to what it can do might not hurt either. I knew nothing about the iTouch before chaos listed his, he showed me all it could do and I became immediately interested, shame I couldn't afford it.

Damn, PixelJunk Eden is addictive, especially since I managed to get it for 5 bucks.

Wow, you guys hear about how Epic's trying to take out used game sales by offering a code with new copies that gets you 5 more GOW 2 maps? And like, you gotta go to the midnight launch or some shit to get a gold-colored version of a rifle? You can't buy that shit as DLC from them later, either.

What the fuck's happening to this industry?

[quote name='distgfx']It's probably the method in which they have to buy it. Paying $130 up front then having to wait 2 months to get their money back is a pretty big inconvenience. Don't get me wrong, great price but a lot to go through to get it for that price. Posting a link to what it can do might not hurt either. I knew nothing about the iTouch before chaos listed his, he showed me all it could do and I became immediately interested, shame I couldn't afford it.

Damn, PixelJunk Eden is addictive, especially since I managed to get it for 5 bucks.[/quote]

Yeah, I know it's kind of a bitch to get it that low.

What would be a fair price outside of that for the thing? I've figured up that the Itouch will run me less than 150.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wow, you guys hear about how Epic's trying to take out used game sales by offering a code with new copies that gets you 5 more GOW 2 maps? And like, you gotta go to the midnight launch or some shit to get a gold-colored version of a rifle? You can't buy that shit as DLC from them later, either.

What the fuck's happening to this industry?[/quote]

A code for a new copy of GoW2 for extra maps. I guess that's ok, but getting a golden rifle only if you go to a midnight launch event? BULLSHIT!

EDIT: Wait, you can't buy the maps either? DOUBLE BULLSHIT!

[quote name='DarthPuma']Yeah, I know it's kind of a bitch to get it that low.

What would be a fair price outside of that for the thing? I've figured up that the Itouch will run me less than 150.[/quote]

Dunno much about the zune, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get an iTouch for that price.

[quote name='distgfx']Dunno much about the zune, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get an iTouch for that price.[/quote]

I've found the 16's as low as 200 BIN on fleabay. 30% cashback takes like 60 bucks off of that.

Oooh, a preview for Divinity 2 went up at Gamespot.

This RPG sounds ambitious as fuck, because they've got like a dozen ways to solve a quest and some shit with dragons and bases. But considering that Divine Divinity, one of the worst-named games ever, was also one of the best CRPGs ever, I'm hoping this'll turn out.

And it's fuckin' pretty:
952260_20081001_screen007.jpg

It's also headed to the 360, if that helps any.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wow, you guys hear about how Epic's trying to take out used game sales by offering a code with new copies that gets you 5 more GOW 2 maps? And like, you gotta go to the midnight launch or some shit to get a gold-colored version of a rifle? You can't buy that shit as DLC from them later, either.

What the fuck's happening to this industry?[/quote]

Give people more of a reason to buy the game new instead of used? Now I can see people being upset about not getting the 5 extra maps , but as far a the gold gun , if you care so much about the game to want the gold plated gun , why the hell wouldn't you buy the game new , midnight launch or not?

[quote name='DarthPuma']I've found the 16's as low as 200 BIN on fleabay. 30% cashback takes like 60 bucks off of that.[/quote]

No way, seriously? That low? Holy crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back