GGT 89 is my name and I'm a puppeteer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be sticking to my launch day DS Lite, no DSi for me. I don't play it enough to warrant a new one, plus I like the GBA slot.

Using a controller with 2 analog sticks for FPS is OK, but a mouse and keyboard setup works wonders with aiming. For instance, my favorite thing to do in FEAR is to throw a grenade and shoot it out of the air in slowmo. Good luck doing that on a pad. Honestly though, the only games I play with a mouse and keyboard are FPS, RTS, and WRPGs. I use a controller for anything else.

And I wouldn't want to see Crysis on 360. I'd rather they made a new game that played to the strengths of 360, rather than shoehorn a PC game that the 360 would not be able to do justice to.

All I'm interested in, from what I saw, is Mario and Luigi 3 on the DS. Loved the first 2 games, and I'm always happy for more DS games that interest me as there has been very few since late 2006. All I've bought this year so far is Kirby SuperStar, and Castlevania is the only thing I'm aware of the rest of the year that I want.

Yeah, KB + Mouse are waaaay better for FPSes, RPGs, and RTSes (the few that are worth playing, at least), though racing games, sidescrollers, and basically any other action game? Gotta be dat controller. Just wish I had a Saturn pad or equivalent...

Come to think of it, I wonder if d-pad (a good one) + pointer would work better than analog + pointer, since the d-pad would be closer to WASD. Both digital, but you wouldnt have fingers on all the d-pad directions at once. You could also set left/right to strafe

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Thats funny, since I think that the Wii is the only way that a shooter is going to get legitimate controls this side of a mouse.

Dual stick is a horrible solution that is completely unplayable. The very worst Wii FPS is better than the best FPS that a dual stick control scheme will ever produce. That includes Red Steel.[/QUOTE]

Joke account am confirmed.

Someone explain to me how KB/M controls make an RPG better? Like, if it's turn based, what's the difference, and if it's an action RPG, no.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Someone explain to me how KB/M controls make an RPG better? Like, if it's turn based, what's the difference, and if it's an action RPG, no.[/quote]
Hot keys out the wazoo.

[quote name='jer7583']This is going to sound crazy to most people, but I've played like 200 hours of TF2 on 360, and a few hours of it on PC, and I prefer playing it with a 360 controller, against other people with a 360 controller. I just wish the 360 one kept pace with PC with updates and players, though.

I admit my opinion would probably swap if the experience with either version was the other way around, I just hate swapping weapons and moving with the keyboard. The mouse is fine, but the keyboard just feels clunky, especially for smooth movements.[/QUOTE]

Just use a 360 controller on the PC version like I do.

Problem solved.

Hot keys seconded, and most RPGs made for PC are made for mouse and keyboard control, like clicking on enemies to attack and clocking on loot. See any PC RPG for an example. ;)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Come to think of it, I wonder if d-pad (a good one) + pointer would work better than analog + pointer, since the d-pad would be closer to WASD. Both digital, but you wouldnt have fingers on all the d-pad directions at once. You could also set left/right to strafe[/QUOTE]

No, the analog controls for being able to walk at different speeds is far superior to digital control. That's one of the reasons I prefer dual analog over keyboard/mouse controls.

[quote name='zewone']Just use a 360 controller on the PC version like I do.

Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

I tried to, but I couldn't figure out how to get the aiming controls on the right stick. It would only allow me to move and use the buttons on the 360 controller, when I tried to set it up on my friend's computer. It becomes sort of pointless when you can only use the one analog and the mouse on the other hand, because you don't have enough buttons, unless you get one of those uber mice that has like 5 buttons on it.

[quote name='Chacrana']Perhaps I'd hoped for more than 3 games over the next year?[/QUOTE]

3 games over the next year for Wii + 3 games over the next year for DS + 5 or so for the 360 + 1-2 for PS3 means I'm a happy camper. I don't need more than 10 must have titles a year, really.. If there's 52 weeks in a year, and it takes probably 3-4 weeks per game to actually finish, 10-12 is good enough for anybody, especially figuring in multiplayer games I'll play for months and months like TF2.

Thats what the run/walk buttons are for. Two speeds is plenty. Maybe 3 if you crouch.

You might be right though, since controllers have less buttons they cant waste them on such things.

whoo! Del Taco!

the one and only palatable fast food in the world!

In n Out doesnt count... In N Out transcends fast food to a state of something transcended

[quote name='jer7583']I tried to, but I couldn't figure out how to get the aiming controls on the right stick. It would only allow me to move and use the buttons on the 360 controller, when I tried to set it up on my friend's computer. It becomes sort of pointless when you can only use the one analog and the mouse on the other hand, because you don't have enough buttons, unless you get one of those uber mice that has like 5 buttons on it.[/QUOTE]

Hm?

If you type "exec 360controller" into the console, it maps the controller exactly how it is in the 360 version.

[quote name='JEKKI']whoo! Del Taco!

In n Out doesnt count... In N Out transcends fast food to a state of something transcended[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MarkMan']Del Taco...

2 tacos + Deluxe Chili Cheese Fries

4 bucks.

I'm happy.[/QUOTE]
SNES

Analog>D-Pad for any type of 3-D movement..

I thought this was established in like 1996?

SWEET thanks zewone! I'll have to try that next time I play the PC version! I asked at a few forums back then but they were too busy being butthurt about their precious PC game being played with a controller to help.

wiiss71.jpg

wiiss72.jpg

wiiss73.jpg

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Thats what the run/walk buttons are for. Two speeds is plenty. Maybe 3 if you crouch.

You might be right though, since controllers have less buttons they cant waste them on such things.[/QUOTE]

That, and I prefer more than 2 speeds. Adds to the gameplay, i.e. more or less noise with footsteps for sneaking up on enemies, etc. Just more options with analog control.

Digital control should only be used for 2D games.

[quote name='jer7583']Analog>D-Pad for any type of 3-D movement..

I thought this was established in like 1996?

SWEET thanks zewone! I'll have to try that next time I play the PC version! I asked at a few forums back then but they were too busy being butthurt about their precious PC game being played with a controller to help.[/QUOTE]

Before that if you count PC and the fucking hideous old school analog controllers.

[quote name='JEKKI']whoo! Del Taco!

In n Out doesnt count... In N Out transcends fast food to a state of something transcended[/QUOTE]

In N Out sucks. I tried it twice when I was on the west coast for work last month. Terrible.

Del Taco was pretty decent though.

I got it. Dual Remote:

One D-pad for forward/back/strafing. One AIMING crosshair/cursor. Another only for turning.

A bitch to learn, but it fixes the awkwardness of having the turn and fire in the same crosshair. Additionally, with the Motion+, it might be possible to fire offscreen. Like if you whip the firing cursor behind you and fire, you should hit something.

Damn, am I the only one that thinks Del Taco is the most rancid wannabe Mexican fast food?

Then again, I'm probably spoiled from eating Super Taqueria.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I got it. Dual Remote:

One D-pad for forward/back/strafing. One AIMING crosshair/cursor. Another only for turning.

A bitch to learn, but it fixes the awkwardness of having the turn and fire in the same crosshair. Additionally, with the Motion+, it might be possible to fire offscreen. Like if you whip the firing cursor behind you and fire, you should hit something.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Too awkward and pointing controls suck if you don't have steady hands.

And fuck motion controls in general. I want to lay on the couch, get drunk, and press buttons. Games are my down time.

[quote name='MarkMan']Del Taco...

2 tacos + Deluxe Chili Cheese Fries

4 bucks.

I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

two 1/2 lb bean n cheese burritos + chicken soft taco

$3.22

this is how I useta survive back when I worked retail!

LOVE IT!

[quote name='dmaul1114']In N Out sucks. I tried it twice when I was on the west coast for work last month. Terrible.[/QUOTE]

shutup! you suck!!

Ugh, is anyone else sick? I've had a nasty sore throat for two days, and am now sneezing like crazy.

I think it's time for some Wipeout or Yakuza

[quote name='Gabers']Damn, am I the only one that thinks Del Taco is the most rancid wannabe Mexican fast food?

Then again, I'm probably spoiled from eating Super Taqueria.[/quote]

Taco John's is the worst I've ever had. On that note, I'm going to try a volcano taco at Taco Bell today. i hate that restaurant, but I'm always compelled to try their new items. I HAVE SOME KIND OF NEW TACO BELL ITEM DISEASE.

[quote name='daroga']Was Cave Story also being ported to DS/PSP? Or were those unofficial ports?[/quote]

There's an unofficial PSP port. I have it, but haven't played it yet. I think Jer played it though.

The Oboro pics are awesome, but then again, Odin Sphere looked amazing too. about 6 hours in, it became apparent that it had the worst pacing issues ever and a completely cumbersome alchemy/inventory system. It really needed some
kb/m control

[quote name='daroga']Was Cave Story also being ported to DS/PSP? Or were those unofficial ports?[/QUOTE]

The PSP one is PHENOMENAL. Widescreen, no tearing, great sound quality, no slowdown, and it's really tiny, like under 2MB. That's how I originally played it. I keep it on both of my memory sticks!

Doctor Mario Kart - No.

[quote name='daroga']Ugh, is anyone else sick? I've had a nasty sore throat for two days, and am now sneezing like crazy.

I think it's time for some Wipeout or Yakuza[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend had an awful ear infection for like a week that she's just getting over. It's down to like 45ish degrees in milwaukee now. Give it a month or two and it'll be -15 wind chill again :(

I'm originally from Michigan, but even I can't stand that bullshit cold Wisconsin gets.

Oh and Dragon Quest IV is awesome. I'm really enjoying Torneko's chapter, even though i'm just carting armor between Endor and Bollywood or whatever that town's name is that needs the armor.

Which is the good Cave Story PSP? It seems like there's some people ripping it off or trying to charge for it, etc.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Walk/run buttons are standard PC FPS conventions :|[/QUOTE]

Preach it. I'm guessing that people don't remember the old days of PC gaming, like Wolfenstein 3D. . .

For the record, I fucking hated using a mouse to move in those games. :bomb:

[quote name='daroga']Ugh, is anyone else sick? I've had a nasty sore throat for two days, and am now sneezing like crazy.
[/QUOTE]

I just slept off a bug.

I'm also about to pop in Sly Cooper for the first time... kind of excited, though I hope I don't play an hour of it and feel like I've played the entire game. I don't think I'm going to pick up Jak and Daxter again, but Ratchet and Clank I may push through... something about a chicken gun just sounds right to me.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Preach it. I'm guessing that people don't remember the old days of PC gaming, like Wolfenstein 3D. . .

For the record, I fucking hated using a mouse to move in those games. :bomb:[/quote]
Word. Duke3d and Shadow Warrior full keyboard. With the vertical auto-aim, it might actually work with a standard controller :cool:

I remember how much of a bitch it was to learn the mouse.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Walk/run buttons are standard PC FPS conventions :|[/QUOTE]

AKA relics of the past made obsolete by analog controls.

Thankfully, I've not caught a cold yet this fall. *knocks on wood*

Felt like I may be coming down with something last night, but feel fine today so I guess it was just allergies. I have had bad allergies the past couple of weeks.

Silent Hill Homecoming is the best Silent Hill game I have every played. I didn't like any of the past Silent Hill games but this one's quite good.

I wish I could enjoy Silent Hill 2. Alas, I am unable to have the patience for it. Perhaps someday.

Not understanding the complaints about the gameplay, it's great. Clearly the reviewers sucked at the game, very badly. The dodging is spot on, I was able to fight off three nurses at once without taking a single hit.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Hell yeah, LAST BRONX!! My friend bought it for Saturn when it was on life support. I played it more than he did. ;)[/quote]

I'm almost tempted to buy it since it's so cheap, but it probably won't run in XP.

LAYST BRAWNX, URBAYN STLEET BRALLLLLLLL

And this auction reveals that MK Deception and DOAUltimate were NOT the first online 3D fighters:
-Head-to-head network play over TCP IP, IPX, modem and serial link

best description ever too:
......The Ultimate Urban Street Brawl! Introducing the most vicious gang warriors, and they're looking for blood in the streets of Tokyo. They're coming armed to the teeth, with a body count in mind ..... and if you lose this battle, you leave in a bag! The only rules are ...... no rules, so get pumped and be prepared!
I feel like i'm in a 90s action movie!!!!

i have to get a tooth implant on an upper tooth =( anyone else have one or kno someone that did? my dentist said it would be like i never lost the tooth and it would look completely normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back