GGT88... Megaman 9? Thread by the new guy?!?! Now with 200% more hot azn chix

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ahadi']And Mega Man is still kicking my ass. Literally 2 hours and I'm yet to beat a level. fucking aye.[/quote]Splash Woman is a decent place to start. The level's not too difficult... BUT

Did I see that you hadn't played Mega Man 2 or 3? Do you have access to the anniversary collection on PS2/3? That might be a better place to start, as 9 is certainly more difficult than 2 or 3. 2's also on the VC I think.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Well, the flaw there is assuming people bitching about the difficulty didn't bitch about the difficulty in Ninja Gaiden etc.

I haven't played MM9, but I never liked the series as I always found it too hard. I just hate hard games. I also don't like action games like DMC or NG (just sent NGII back on Goozex as it was too hard for me even on Acolyte). I don't like hard games, and I especially don't like hard skill based games as I don't have the patience for learning complex combat systems, combos etc.

I mean, I'll play some hard games. I beat Gears in local co-op on hardcore and insane with my buddy, but in general I have no patience for hard games. Dying all the time and playing sections over and over and over just isn't fun for me.[/quote]I think it's really just that the difficulty is way over-hyped. "No one but the corest of the hardcore gamers will ever see the end of this game!" Well, given the amount of time I have to play games anymore, I would never put myself into that category, and yet I just beat it last night. Maybe it helps that Mega Man 2 and 3 are already programmed into my thumbs from way back when? ;)

Mega Man 9 isn't really THAT hard. I could see how the Thunder Man stage's platforming could be tough, but it basically boils down to "jump when you're on the top of the cylinder and jump up, jump when you're on the bottom of the cylinder and jump down" What's so hard to understand about that?

I'm a bit put off by people saying games that require patience and pattern recognition are "too hard" because they can't get through it on the first try.

I'm not sure what to use that $100 on.. I was thinking maybe Wario Land Shake it and some DS games. Or maybe pay off Gears 2 and something else.. idk.

I'm SO excited that the Mother 3 translation is wrapping up soon! I've been listening to the soundtrack to that game on my DS (I imported the cart) and it's so, so good.

[quote name='daroga']Maybe it helps that Mega Man 2 and 3 are already programmed into my thumbs from way back when? ;)[/QUOTE]

That could be it, I never liked Mega Man or other shooters even when I was younger (Contra, Gun Star Super Heroes, Metal Slug etc.). I just never had the patience for games that required a lot of trial and error, pattern memorization etc. Most of the time I just play games to chill, not to challenge myself and get a sense of accomplishment. So I like games that offer some challenge, but are generally fairly easy but still fun to play and even better if it has a decent story to keep me going.

And these days, I just have super limited interests as I seem to only enjoy FPS and the occasional western RPG for the most part. Still dig an occasional fighting game for multiplayer as well as the odd platformer or puzzle game on the DS.

Anyway, played some more of The Darkness last night, didn't get very far in chapter 3 as I had a couple phone calls interrupt me. Only gripe I'd have is the dull sections where you have to go somewhere and talk to someone to move the game forward, can be annoying if you go the wrong direction etc. I'd rather all that crap just be in cutscenes and the levels be more linear--i.e. be a more traditional FPS set up.

Also played a bit more of Kirby Super Star last night, I'm having fun with it and need to find more time to play it as I've barely touched it. Also have Sonic Rush on the way from Goozex.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm not sure what to use that $100 on.. I was thinking maybe Wario Land Shake it and some DS games. Or maybe pay off Gears 2 and something else.. idk.[/quote]

Offhand, I'd say you would not like Wario Shake It. It's geared towards younger audiences, so it's really pretty easy (especially considering you thought Mega Man wasn't very difficult). I think it's fun enough, but it's very short.

hmm yeah the short length was worrisome. Maybe I'll get in on Little Big Planet then.. I dunno?

I'm BORED!!

I'm here at work and finished all my ish for the day...

now I gotta spent the next 3 hours doing data entry type work

:bomb: somebody SAVE ME!!! I'll give u 3 hours worth of my paycheck!!

Got my new phone today :cool: Now I need to grab some headphones that'll work with it and I can retire my iPod. And I need to learn how to mess with the registry files and whatnot to speed it up. Yay for Windows Mobile. It's a Tmobile Wing btw...

I've also decided I'm going to take the time to learn how to use at least one character in Mortal Kombat. And if I find that after an hour of training I still hate the game, then it can be considered official. Now I think I'm going to fire up Ratchet and Clank.

Would anyone be interested in a Tekken 5 DR gameshare?

Bout to fire up Yakuza. I need to slow down so I don't beat it too quick.

[quote name='Ahadi']Got my new phone today :cool: Now I need to grab some headphones that'll work with it and I can retire my iPod. And I need to learn how to mess with the registry files and whatnot to speed it up. Yay for Windows Mobile. It's a Tmobile Wing btw...

I've also decided I'm going to take the time to learn how to use at least one character in Mortal Kombat. And if I find that after an hour of training I still hate the game, then it can be considered official. Now I think I'm going to fire up Ratchet and Clank.[/quote]

Congrats and which MK out of curiousity?

ahhhhhhHHHH I'm going CRAZY now~~~!!!

2hr 10 minutes left!! get here in 10 minutes and SAVE ME!!! Then you can get 2hr paycheck...

[quote name='SL4IN']Ultimate MK3 was the only MK I felt was worth playing besides trilogy.[/quote]

UMK3 is the best out of them all imo. Trilogy was so broken.

Got some goodies for myself today...

2900303314_8759412201.jpg

Sanwa JLF, dust cover, and bat top... and two Seimitsu LS-32-01 sticks.

[quote name='distgfx']UMK3 is the best out of them all imo. Trilogy was so broken.[/quote]

Trilogy was just another revision of 3 with just a bigger character list....

[quote name='JEKKI']
now I gotta spent the next 3 hours doing data entry type work
[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I've been working on some boring, basic data analysis all day. Slightly better than data entry though!

That's why I've been on CAG way more than usual today. Have to take a lot of quick breaks to look at something besides columns of numbers!

[quote name='DarthPuma']Would anyone be interested in a Tekken 5 DR gameshare?

Bout to fire up Yakuza. I need to slow down so I don't beat it too quick.[/quote]

yeah, slow down and let me catch up! :bomb:

i keep reading all of these great things that i'll be seeing probably in 2 weeks i play too slowly. i started last night and got up to the funeral scene - didn't start it though. fun game, i'm glad the GGT was talking it up so much. so over-the-top and ridiculous, and awesome!

[quote name='MarkMan']Got some goodies for myself today...

2900303314_8759412201.jpg

Sanwa JLF, dust cover, and bat top... and two Seimitsu LS-32-01 sticks.[/QUOTE]

Nice bottle of Ice Mountain water!

I have The Witcher. It's Enhanced. I have installed it. I should play it.

First, though, I clean my room, because I need to clean it, and it is size of the shoe box, so it will take very few time.

[quote name='SL4IN']Trilogy was just another revision of 3 with just a bigger character list....[/quote]

Moon Gravity ... that is all.

Dark Cloud is just as good as I remember it...

I can't play Ratchet and Clank for more than like 30 minutes at a time which kind of sucks.

30 minutes left!!!

then I'm free!!

freeeeeeeeee~!!

JEKKISTYLE beats anybody advertised price or your mattress is FREEEEEEEEE~~!!

[quote name='JEKKI']30 minutes left!!!

then I'm free!!

freeeeeeeeee~!!

JEKKISTYLE beats anybody advertised price or your mattress is FREEEEEEEEE~~!![/QUOTE]

ah, yesh, I love leaked albums (deerhoof's new one.) Even better when the leaker is smart enough to use EAC/encode at glorious 320kbs!! It's like a hi-def low def mp3!

The Final Fantasy Marathon featuring FFX and FFVII continues. I wish you could play PS2 games on the PSP. I imagine that'll happen with PSP2? actually probably not, considering how they don't do jack shit for PS1 support.

[quote name='ninja dog']ah, yesh, I love leaked albums (deerhoof's new one.) Even better when the leaker is smart enough to use EAC/encode at glorious 320kbs!! It's like a hi-def low def mp3![/quote]

:whistle2:s:whistle2:k

[quote name='distgfx']:whistle2:s:whistle2:k[/quote]

low def because it's mp3!

hi def because it's a high bit rate!

mp3 because it's an mp3!

588-2300, Empire!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Finally back into TWEWY. Want to wrap it up before the holiday gaming season.[/quote]I wanna play that game sometime... but I do not want to pay $40. Alas.

[quote name='refusedchaos']Cross Edge demo is on the PSN!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know! Gonna try it now and going in with low expectations.

[quote name='Chacrana']The fuck is a cross edge? Sounds like a shitty SRPG.[/QUOTE]

XD it is a SRPG...but its not bad...also the Trusty Bell demo is up too on the jap PSN
crossedge-thumb.jpg

[quote name='Chacrana']The fuck is deerhoof?

You crazier than Richard Dunn doing word association.[/quote]

indie band, awesome, but not as awesome as richard dunn..

2cwmusn.jpg

"that's....that's not your dad. that's not even close to what your dad looks like."

"I'm sorry."

Cool, thx for the heads up on the Cross Edge Demo. I'll try it, though what I've seen so far doesn't look at that great to me. :p

[quote name='Chacrana']But did you see the bit with him in the season finale? fuckin' rollin' at that shit.[/quote]

I haven't watched since the 2nd or 3rd ep of the season :( I need these shits on DVD since I don't have cable and my internet connection can't stream a show at night.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wut?

not a deerhoof fan but I love Danielson Family....

needs a chiptune version.[/quote]

I couldn't get in to Danielson...but chiptune makes everything better. I'd kill to hear chiptune covers of deerhoof songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back