GGT88... Megaman 9? Thread by the new guy?!?! Now with 200% more hot azn chix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, the little kid version of Arino looks adorable. I kind of miss the Kacho outfit, though.

Also, it does look good. My biggest fear was that the fake retro games would be as hard as the ones Arino plays on the show, but I've since heard they aren't that bad at all. Probably still challenging, though.

[quote name='Ahadi']I'm having a tough time sleeping. Two nights in a row I'm retardedly restless. What do you guys do when you can't sleep?[/QUOTE]
I watch Planet Earth. Puts me to sleep in 10 min flat.

[quote name='Ahadi']I'm having a tough time sleeping. Two nights in a row I'm retardedly restless. What do you guys do when you can't sleep?
[/quote]

Try reading a book, yeah I know reading is for geeks :), but it helps you relax.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Just got back from a fun little trip to Madison, WI. It was pretty fun, but no games for 2 days makes Hank a sad man. :cry:

Time to play something, anything.[/quote]

Did you see me there? I was that homeless guy on the corner of Lake and State near the Walgreens. I may have asked you for 25 cents.

I just finished playing Burnout Paradise online today. I must have went online by mistake, but I still had a little fun. I also managed to get a few trophies as well. I guess I am enjoying the game more then I thought I would. I originally downloaded it on PSN to keep me busy until my 360 got back(Oddly enough my 360 just came back as I finished the install). I haven't really raced that much in the game. I find that I just like to drive around the city.

Nice. Valkyria Chronicles demo coming to Europe PSN this week. Guess maybe I need to make a European PSN account now, cause I'd rather not pay for the Qore thing to get the NA demo if I can get it free.

Lul, got a 100 on my B Law II test.

Gonna play The Witcher s'more tonight, and probably going to achieve pizza.

Also, the ebay seller said the following about my Dreamcast game I won:

Hi ^ ^

Now you item shipped. Tracking : [Deleted for posterity]. You can check it when item ship to USA Location. please you wait item 7-10day. When you recieve item please Positive Feedback for me ^ ^

Thank you for bidder ^ ^

Must be an import.

[quote name='pete5883']I watch Planet Earth. Puts me to sleep in 10 min flat.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Planet Earth is the best thing to watch when you're half asleep. Coz it's so relaxing that in like 5 minutes, you're gone.

I started drinking night time airborne before bed 'cause I felt a cold coming on (on LSAT week of all weeks.) it doesn't knock you out, but the valerian root in it is very relaxing. fun fact: the prescription drug valium is actually derived from valerian root.

Lul, got a 100 on my B Law II test.

Gonna play The Witcher s'more tonight, and probably going to achieve pizza.

jesus at that score.

how you like the Witcher? I hope the wait was worth it.

So I forgot I had a paper due today :whistle2:# so I just emailed the professor telling her that I'm going to email her the paper later because I can't make class due to a family issue. So once I get my reply from her and I've sent my paper, I'm going to have one of my parents email her and tell her that I over reacted to a car breaking down :lol: My mom fucking owes me!

I got to sleep about an hour after posting. I pretended I knew what meditation was and just laid with my eyes shut and focused on calming down my mind. But that sounds really lame sounding typed out hah.

Any way... I guess I'll fire up Dark Cloud.

[quote name='ninja dog']I started drinking night time airborne before bed 'cause I felt a cold coming on (on LSAT week of all weeks.) it doesn't knock you out, but the valerian root in it is very relaxing. fun fact: the prescription drug valium is actually derived from valerian root.

jesus at that score.

how you like the Witcher? I hope the wait was worth it.[/QUOTE]

I'm only about 2 hours into The Witcher, and I just got started on Chapter 1 about 90 minutes into that, but so far, it's got a shitload of promise. It has a few polish issues here and there, but they're minor and the core gameplay feels rock solid... combat is damn fun, and I'm just fuckin' shocked at how many side quests and optional things there seems to be. It's pretty ridiculous. I forgot that this game was all about making choices that aren't black and white, too. Overall, this feels pretty weird for a Euro-developed RPG, in that it doesn't feel glitched to hell and back, and it doesn't feel derivative. So yeah, I'm thinking this game could be worth the considerable wait. We'll see.

At least now I can enjoy the game guilt free tonight, since I thought I semi-failed that test since I took it last Thursday. Guess not :lol:. I may be turning into TMK...

[quote name='Ahadi']Any way... I guess I'll fire up Dark Cloud.[/quote]

So you're still trying to get to sleep?

Oh yes, I went there.

Someone's gonna be pissed off here. Playstation Official Magazine UK gave LBP a 10/10.
Of course a playstation magazine would give it a 10/10.

That's quite a score. But I've still heard nothing about LBP other than the toolkit functionality. So when somebody's got a link to that in a review...

my most anticipated game rite now...

2vvp6d3.jpg

cant wait for TGS!!!

[quote name='Chacrana']That's quite a score. But I've still heard nothing about LBP other than the toolkit functionality. So when somebody's got a link to that in a review...[/quote]

I need to stop typing neo$$$ when trying to go to neogaf. Unfortunately the only site I could remember posting it was maxconsole and they didn't describe why it got the score from the magazine.

[quote name='JEKKI']my most anticipated game rite now...

cant wait for TGS!!![/quote]

I expect great things from this game, if I don't get them I will cry.

[quote name='JEKKI']my most anticipated game rite now...

2vvp6d3.jpg

cant wait for TGS!!![/quote]

Damn, they made a Sarah Palin game already??

But yeah, Bullet Witch Bayonetta is going to rawks some sawks. :D

[quote name='Chacrana']That's quite a score. But I've still heard nothing about LBP other than the toolkit functionality. So when somebody's got a link to that in a review...[/QUOTE]

Same here, I love 2D platformers, but I don't have any interest in creating content. I want to play game, not spend time creating them.

I also don't have much desire to play user created levels. I like nice, linear gamers with some modicum of crappy story keeping me going through the levels.

The whole hair thing in bayonetta sounds lame to me. Plus it looks like DMC style action game (rather than say an FPS with powers like The Darkness) and I hate that genre.

[quote name='Chacrana']Right, but The Darkness kinda sucked for like... 1/2 the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm just a bit chapter 3, but I've enjoyed it all so far. Bioshock would be a better example of kick as FPS with extra powers--though I know you don't think much of it either.

Your tastes in games sucks man! j/king. We just have very different tastes.

I straight hate action games or any other skill based games. I don't have the patience for learning a ton of moves, combos, counter attacks etc. Just don't have the time or attention span for games with steep learning curves these days.

Need games I can jump right into and have the controls/moves etc. down in a few minutes--guess that's why I pretty much only like FPS and the odd western RPG these days.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The whole hair thing in bayonetta sounds lame to me. Plus it looks like DMC style action game (rather than say an FPS with powers like The Darkness) and I hate that genre.[/quote]

:twoguns: :dunce:

j/k ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']When did I not think much of Bioshock? I have never said that.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I just misread your posts. I thought I recalled you saying you didn't think much of it in a thread where people were arguing that 2008 was shaping up to be better than 2007.

Which I'm not seeing as I think 2007 has pretty much sucked thus far and Gears 2 is the only game I'm super excited for. There's some others I'm interested in and will likely end up liking a lot, but it's just not 2007 with Bioshock, Orange Box, Halo, Metroid, Mario, CoD4, Mass Effect etc. which were all personal AAA games. The big games this year have been stuff I just don't dig like GTA, NG, MGS and a lot of the big fall games are action games which I don't like or RPGs which I don't have time for.

[quote name='ninja dog']Did you see me there? I was that homeless guy on the corner of Lake and State near the Walgreens. I may have asked you for 25 cents.[/QUOTE]

So that was you? I remember pushing over some homeless chump after he begged me for a quarter, then I told him to get a fucking job. Sorry about the boots to your back. I almost went Christian Bale in American Psycho on you and stabbed your ass. ;)

Honestly, I've been up there a few times in the last year or so, and every time I see some college dudes, I wonder if one of them is you. But odds are, I've not seen you, since it is quite a big city. We wanted to stay for Robert Randolf and the Family Band at The Majestic, but we needed to get our asses back to the land of shit roads and tolls.

I'm the one who didn't like Bioshock. I'll take all the blame for that. :)

Rehash, but I also don't care for Bioshock. It's like the first part of the game is amazing. Then, and I'm not sure how else to describe it, but it just got tiring for me after a while. I don't know if I'll ever finish that game. :p

I remember getting bored with the Bioshock demo on the 360 after I realized I couldn't aim worth shit like... as soon as I got a gun. That, and it looked washed out like seemingly everything else on there, but like... x4.

Oooh - there is another PS2 game coming out before the end of the year!

Beatmania IIDX 15!! What? This is only relevant to me!? Damn you all!

I haven't played Beatmania in a few months, so I know my skillz are rusty, but Ima be pickin' this shit up right away.

[quote name='Chacrana']Oooh - there is another PS2 game coming out before the end of the year!

Beatmania IIDX 15!! What? This is only relevant to me!? Damn you all!

I haven't played Beatmania in a few months, so I know my skillz are rusty, but Ima be pickin' this shit up right away.[/QUOTE]

It's somewhat relevant to me!

My problem was that, instead of the AI getting smarter or better, the "goddamned SPLICERS!!" just took more and more damage to kill. Same fucking tactics from the first enemy to the last, just that they take more damage to kill. Totally lazy balancing. This enemy does the same attacks with a pipe that I've been seeing for ever, but he takes 8 shotgun blasts to kill? It's not fun or challenging, just boring.

I've said that Bioshock is just Doom 3 with powers, and I stand by that statement. It's nothing special.

I'm just a hater.

The negative Bioshock comments make me vomit violently.

Silent Hill V ... to get or not to get. Guess I could steal it from chaos by punching him in the face... or would that be rude?

[quote name='distgfx']The negative Bioshock comments make me vomit violently.

Silent Hill V ... to get or not to get. Guess I could steal it from chaos by punching him in the face... or would that be rude?[/quote]

get it for free from yf360games
this is not a cheap plug in to get me a referral i swear

[quote name='Nelo Ice']get it for free from yf360games
this is not a cheap plug in to get me a referral i swear
[/quote]

Those sites have never worked for me, but if registering is all I gotta do to get you a referral then link me.

[/QUOTE]

I know I like to shit talk Bioshock. It's one of my guilty pleasures. So I'll let you or anyone have a free shot at my favorite games I've played lately. Here you go.

Bionic Commando Rearmed PC
Crysis Warhead PC
FEAR PC
Outrun 2006 PC
SF3 3rd Strike
SoulCalibur IV PS3
Devil May Cry 4 PC

That should get the ball rolling. Hate away!! :)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I know I like to shit talk Bioshock. It's one of my guilty pleasures. So I'll let you or anyone have a free shot at my favorite games I've played lately. Here you go.

Bionic Commando Rearmed PC
Crysis Warhead PC
FEAR PC
Outrun 2006 PC
SF3 3rd Strike
SoulCalibur IV PS3
Devil May Cry 4 PC

That should get the ball rolling. Hate away!! :)[/quote]

Bionic Commando Rearmed PC - Good
Crysis Warhead PC - Good
FEAR PC - Good
Outrun 2006 PC - Never played
SF3 3rd Strike - God like
SoulCalibur IV PS3 - Good
Devil May Cry 4 PC - Good

Aw screw you, all the ones I've played on that list kick ass.

DMC sucks.....not really. I just hate the action genre. All those are solid games.

And screw the Bioshock haters. Still my favorite game of this generation (and last as well). I see some of the gameplay gripes, they just didn't bother me much. The atmosphere more than made up for it for me.

I tend not to be as annoyed by little gamplay flaws (the splicers just taking more damage rather than getting smarter) or technical issues (slow down in Mass Effect). Probably because I just game a lot less than most of you guys so I'm not quite as nit picky on things like that. Those types of things probably stand out more with the more time you put into gaming, the more games you play etc.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']So that was you? I remember pushing over some homeless chump after he begged me for a quarter, then I told him to get a fucking job. Sorry about the boots to your back. I almost went Christian Bale in American Psycho on you and stabbed your ass. ;)

Honestly, I've been up there a few times in the last year or so, and every time I see some college dudes, I wonder if one of them is you. But odds are, I've not seen you, since it is quite a big city. We wanted to stay for Robert Randolf and the Family Band at The Majestic, but we needed to get our asses back to the land of shit roads and tolls.

I'm the one who didn't like Bioshock. I'll take all the blame for that. :)[/quote]

With the amount of homeless harassment a person gets walking up and down state st., I'm surprised that hasn't happened more often!

that would be funny if we've seen each other in public and didn't know it.

that reminds me. I've only met someone irl who I originally met on the internet once. the person recommended me this website and I said I knew about it and we chatted for a few minutes. I was really caught off guard, was pretty weirded about the situation (the person I met was actually pretty nice though.) :lol:

Silent Hill V ... to get or not to get. Guess I could steal it from chaos by punching him in the face... or would that be rude?[/QUOTE]

cause BS was filled with lots of bs

get SHV!!!!! come on, i know you cant resist some necro lust:D

[quote name='refusedchaos']cause BS was filled with lots of bs

get SHV!!!!! come on, i know you cant resist some necro lust:D[/quote]

Just for that comment, no, I won't.
Just kidding, I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']My problem was that, instead of the AI getting smarter or better, the "goddamned SPLICERS!!" just took more and more damage to kill. Same fucking tactics from the first enemy to the last, just that they take more damage to kill. Totally lazy balancing. This enemy does the same attacks with a pipe that I've been seeing for ever, but he takes 8 shotgun blasts to kill? It's not fun or challenging, just boring.

I've said that Bioshock is just Doom 3 with powers, and I stand by that statement. It's nothing special.

I'm just a hater.[/quote]This is all very, very true.

Bioshock was the nicest wrapper a very mediocre shooter ever got!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back