GGT88... Megaman 9? Thread by the new guy?!?! Now with 200% more hot azn chix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you know how much Nintendo charges to fix a DS Lite that's out of warranty? Or if they even do it?

Sure I could call them, but that would require effort on my part.

[quote name='whoknows']Any of you know how much Nintendo charges to fix a DS Lite that's out of warranty? Or if they even do it?

Sure I could call them, but that would require effort on my part.[/quote]

what needs fixing?

Top Screen is all rainbow colored.

I want to see if it would be better to fix it or just buy a new one. Gotta play the new Sonic :p

[quote name='whoknows']Top Screen is all rainbow colored.

I want to see if it would be better to fix it or just buy a new one. Gotta play the new Sonic :p[/quote]

The last I heard, they usually charge $50-$80 for replacing/fixing the top screen/area.

[quote name='SL4IN']The last I heard, they usually charge $50-$80 for replacing/fixing the top screen/area.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.

If it's closer to the $50-$60 area I'll do that, otherwise I'll just get a new one. Guess I'll go through all that effort to call and see.

Just need to find the number.

Well at least they answered fast. $75 to fix since it's no longer under warranty.

Does Gamestop take broken DS's? I dont really want to wait forever to get it back.

[quote name='whoknows']Well at least they answered fast. $75 to fix since it's no longer under warranty.

Does Gamestop take broken DS's? I dont really want to wait forever to get it back.[/quote]

Turnaround on getting it back is usually 1 week - 1 1/2 weeks.

I'm through 3/5 stages on Wario Land Shake It!

Definetly going to finish this on a rental. Fantastic platformer, though. Your enjoyment will be directly tied to how much you care about doing the goals for each stage and finding treasure. Those goals are fun, and could probably triple the time you spend playing that game.

I think I will pick it up when it's cheaper, after I finish it on a rental.

Oh and those playstation boxers are awful. It should just say "DON'T SLEEP WITH ME" instead on the front.

It's like those videogame shirts they sell in hot topic. You really fail if you wear those.

Bayonetta is looking a little too DMC-ish. A little too cheesy and camp. A little too much like I don't want to be seen playing it.

MadWorld>Bayonetta, for me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']bayonetta is great. great studio great. wait till you see the combat ;)[/quote]

Gimme ... puhreez?

Just wanted to add for WipeOut HD (besides it being awesome) that track memorization does play a big role in in the strategy. Once you get more comfortable with the air brake, you'll have to know where all the speed boosts/power ups are to get the top spots. Picking the right pod for your style of racing also helps.

Gonna go check out Bayonetta now.

So I started Crysis.. i'm like "meh, just another FPS, i'll play it for a few minutes to check out the scenery".. then I was like "I wonder if I can turn this stupid flashlight off" after killing an enemy and picking up his rifle. It was then that I discovered the weapon customization menu. Then I discovered the suit menu.

I will be purchasing Crysis Warhead the second I finish this.

Crysis and Crysis Warhead are great. I like how Warhead is like Crysis will all of the filler cut out. So if I want to blast some motherfuckers, I can just play that and get my fix quick. :)

[quote name='daroga']What is the best ship for beginners to use on Wipeout? I've just been using whatever comes up first on the menu.[/quote]

Feisar? Yup, that's the best beginner's pod because of the handling.

[quote name='jer7583']Bayonetta is looking a little too DMC-ish. A little too cheesy and camp. A little too much like I don't want to be seen playing it.
[/QUOTE]

The DMC part kills it for me--not the cheesiness, just that I don't like the genre. If it was more of an FPS or third person shooter rather than an action game I'd be more intrigued.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if bayonetta comes off cheesy it's because it's suppose to be over the top... heck, when ur hair is your weapon and clothing it's win/win.[/quote]

If it's anything like DMC, I am already pleased.

I'm picking up LBP and Fallout 3 this month. My rents will buy Rock Band 2 for my sisters, so that saves me some cash. Might get a stick this month.

Sounds like I just saved $10. Apparently, the Fable 2 CE is going to come out at $69.99 instead of $79.99, at the cost of not having a tin, the 5 fate cards or the figure.

Whoa, my NBA Live 09 shipped from Amazon. Crap, was hoping to have a little more time to decide on canceling in case NBA 2K09 turned out better. Oh well...

[quote name='gunm']Whoa, my NBA Live 09 shipped from Amazon. Crap, was hoping to have a little more time to decide on canceling in case NBA 2K09 turned out better. Oh well...[/QUOTE]I'm leaning towards NBA Live 09 myself this season also, but want to compare.

The 360 controller, that's nothing new. Wal-Mart sold controllers with a Play and charge kit for $65, for a while.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm leaning towards NBA Live 09 myself this season also, but want to compare.

The 360 controller, that's nothing new. Wal-Mart sold controllers with a Play and charge kit for $65, for a while.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed that 2K didn't get their demo out sooner so I can compare the two for myself. The official trailer for 2K9 looks fucking SPECTACULAR (imo). I mean, if the moves and animations are like that in the game, it'll kick EA in the ass again.

I'm particularly curious about a feature that won't be demo'd, the Living Rosters--having unlockable animations that will match up with real life plays/players is just incredible in concept.

But yeah, the bottom line is that I already tried Live and I liked it. If 2K9 ends up living up to the expectations, I'm gonna sell/trade Live and just go with 2K9.

[quote name='gunm']Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed that 2K didn't get their demo out sooner so I can compare the two for myself. The official trailer for 2K9 looks fucking SPECTACULAR (imo). I mean, if the moves and animations are like that in the game, it'll kick EA in the ass again.

I'm particularly curious about a feature that won't be demo'd, the Living Rosters--having unlockable animations that will match up with real life plays/players is just incredible in concept.

But yeah, the bottom line is that I already tried Live and I liked it. If 2K9 ends up living up to the expectations, I'm gonna sell/trade Live and just go with 2K9.[/QUOTE]I haven't really watched many trailers, but to an extent, I feel like for something different.

I definitely agree about the concept. That has me wanting it now. I'd love to re-watch my video team play a game on NBA Live 09. I've played the demo way too many times (more so than any other demo I downloaded in the last few months). I want it, but just can't spend the money right now.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Do it. Sticks are awesome.[/quote]

Oh I want it. It's just a matter of selling some shit to cover the 65 for the stick and the 30 for the converter.

Oh my god, 16 gig ipod touches for 140 after cashback. I have to sell this fucking zune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bayonetta =====D ~~~~

Silent Hill in the house!!!

JEKKI... not in the house -_- still at work :bomb:

Silent Hill literally not in the house btw... it's in my man purse

Is it possible to rip HD-DVD's with the 360 HD-DVD drive?

then compress them down to a more manageable file size... like say less then 5GB?

I GOT HIRED AT BEST BUY :)
They called me a prodigy :).
Any other 15 year olds work at Best Buy?
HAHA didn't think so.
Store opening late November. Yay!

[quote name='Azumangaman']I GOT HIRED AT BEST BUY :)
They called me a prodigy :).
Any other 15 year olds work at Best Buy?
HAHA didn't think so.
Store opening late November. Yay![/QUOTE]

grats!! that makes you better than the Jobless Knight!

u should use the opportunity to pick up on sum hot coworkers btw

[quote name='JEKKI']grats!! that makes you better than the Jobless Knight!

u should use the opportunity to pick up on sum hot coworkers btw[/QUOTE]

Hot coworkers FTW! Seems that's the only real advantage to working retail.

Tried out the Sacred 2 demo, and it was actually really fun. Feels a lot more polished than the original game ever did, and everything about the presentation was really slick. The only thing that stuck out as being bad (and by that, I mean absolutely terrible) is the English voice acting, so hopefully they'll let you change that. At least there's an option to turn it off. But yeah, the combat felt really solid, and the world is a lot more hand-designed than randomly generated. Just the brief area I played was more interesting than anything I remember seeing in the original or in something like Titan Quest.

So hopefully, this'll turn out. It's really tough to tell from the demo how it's going to be in the long run when you factor in stuff like quests and loot and exploration. But the combat and presentation stuff is really solid.

Getting another awesome RPG this year would be nice, considering how bad the past several years have been for CRPGs.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Is it possible to rip HD-DVD's with the 360 HD-DVD drive?

then compress them down to a more manageable file size... like say less then 5GB?[/quote]I think that's called a DVD. ;)

I thought the 360 drives could be hooked up to the PC. As to their functionality after that, I do not know.

[quote name='Chacrana']Tried out the Sacred 2 demo, and it was actually really fun. Feels a lot more polished than the original game ever did, and everything about the presentation was really slick. The only thing that stuck out as being bad (and by that, I mean absolutely terrible) is the English voice acting, so hopefully they'll let you change that. At least there's an option to turn it off. But yeah, the combat felt really solid, and the world is a lot more hand-designed than randomly generated. Just the brief area I played was more interesting than anything I remember seeing in the original or in something like Titan Quest.

So hopefully, this'll turn out. It's really tough to tell from the demo how it's going to be in the long run when you factor in stuff like quests and loot and exploration. But the combat and presentation stuff is really solid.

Getting another awesome RPG this year would be nice, considering how bad the past several years have been for CRPGs.[/quote]

Me too! I was surprised how huge a jump in everything it was compared to the first one, especially the visuals.

Yeah, the visuals have a lot more flair to them now... like, before, it just felt sorta... there. But here, the world is pretty lush.

But they've really gotta nail the side quests and progression so it doesn't fall apart like the first game.

[quote name='JEKKI']grats!! that makes you better than the Jobless Knight!

u should use the opportunity to pick up on sum hot coworkers btw[/QUOTE]I will get to that once I get my full license, no joke. I actually do not live within walking distance of places to work at (where I live, there are no sidewalks everywhere, like in CA), which is why I need to get this taken care of first.

Anyway, I played Burnout Paradise forever trying to get a Gold Trophy, but it never registered. I found out a few others had that same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back