Ghostbusters - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='boyward']How does this game compare to Luigi's Mansion? Pretty similar?[/QUOTE]

Honestly I liked trapping ghosts better in Luigi's Mansion. This one is, obviously, far more elaborate graphically, but in terms of the game play itself, the mechanics become routine after the first couple of levels. It's also much, much more difficult and at times irritatingly so.

I just beat the game today. All in all I had a fun time playing the game. I ended up scanning all the ghosts and finding all the artifacts and my play time was still around 7 and 1/2 hours. I might toy around a little in multiplayer and probably get rid of the game while it still has some value.

In my first play I was able to get all the water fountains and most of the stuff you scan in the levels. I'm still playing in my first play through but when I looked at the stuff to go back it was all 5/6. I'm at the last level and will end up beating it next weekend. I like how they make refrences to the movies in what they say and do. It makes the game feel like it is another movie.

Only thing I didn't like was the online. Took to long to get a game going and when I got in one in each game someone dropped out.

Probably a rental. I've gotten bored of it for the most part, but then again I'm not 7 years old =P

Does anyone want to team up for the multiplayer achievements for this? I am usually the top earner but my team never completes the objectives, and if we do then somebody earns more than I do =( It would save a ton of time to just play with people that knew what they were doing, and I don't mind doing everything 4 times so everybody can win.

I'm down for Multi. I like this game a lot. I got it from ToysRUS when they were giving $20 GC. Pretty good deal I think.

[quote name='FowlBeast']Is this game worth buying or should I just rent it. My son really wants to play thiis[/QUOTE]

I feel like it's a personal decision on how much you like the source material. I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan and I rented it, beat it and fooled around with the multiplayer and sent it back.

I don't really think it's worth owning unless you're a die-hard fan.

need some advise. i can not seem to slime tether the ghost through the gate towards end of the game cemetery i believe. i have tried and tried with no luck. can anyone point me to any tricks on this?

[quote name='evilmojo12542']need some advise. i can not seem to slime tether the ghost through the gate towards end of the game cemetery i believe. i have tried and tried with no luck. can anyone point me to any tricks on this?[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming you're talking about the cherubs. What worked for me was walking backward and hitting them with the slime tether as the try to ram me. Once they are hit by the slime, they momentarily stop in their tracks. At this point, I would then try tethering them to the faces on the gate. This part was easily the most difficult part of the game specially in Professional mode.

should be getting my copy in the mail Thursday if anyone is down for some multiplayer.. After the buy 2 get 1 free sale, stacked with my edge and gift card I roughly spent $18 on this.. SHould be worth it since i loved the demo

bread's done
Back