Ghostbusters (PS3) discussion thread

Now that this is patched- it's time for me to start boosting trophies.

Will people who already have the platinum still trigger the special ghosts or is it a 1 time thing?

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone up for some multiplayer? When are you guys usually on?[/QUOTE]

If I'm on I'm always up for some online gaming with fellow CAGs. I will probably sign on here in a few minutes. I usually play campaigns when I'm on.

[quote name='nbballard']Now that this is patched- it's time for me to start boosting trophies.

Will people who already have the platinum still trigger the special ghosts or is it a 1 time thing?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's a one time thing. I haven't triggered the polar or glutton slimer since I got them.

Quick question: When does this game save your progress? Is it ONLY after going back to the firehouse? Or does it save while in a mission too?

I was in the middle of the library mission(going after the Grey Lady)when I got tired the other night and I decided to quit.

So, I pop in the game tonight to pick up from where I left off(figuring I'd have to redo SOME of the library, if not all) and the only option available to me when I got to the menu was 'new career'.

WTF!?!?!?!

I played for like 4-5 hours the other night and I figured since it said it does that autosave bullshit that every fuckin' game seems to do now(give me the option to do a hard save on my own dammit)I figured it had been saving up my progress every so often.

Is this a known glitch or what? I've seen something mentioned about a 'patch' to fix this issue or whatever, but I haven't looked into it any further.

If this is a known issue(games not saving), then I guess this game is going up on my TL less than 3-4 days after I got it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Quick question: When does this game save your progress? Is it ONLY after going back to the firehouse? Or does it save while in a mission too?

I was in the middle of the library mission(going after the Grey Lady)when I got tired the other night and I decided to quit.

So, I pop in the game tonight to pick up from where I left off(figuring I'd have to redo SOME of the library, if not all) and the only option available to me when I got to the menu was 'new career'.

WTF!?!?!?!

I played for like 4-5 hours the other night and I figured since it said it does that autosave bullshit that every fuckin' game seems to do now(give me the option to do a hard save on my own dammit)I figured it had been saving up my progress every so often.

Is this a known glitch or what? I've seen something mentioned about a 'patch' to fix this issue or whatever, but I haven't looked into it any further.

If this is a known issue(games not saving), then I guess this game is going up on my TL less than 3-4 days after I got it.[/QUOTE]

Each chapter has certain checkpoints where it saves. The only problem is you're not really given a clear indication of where they're at Usually it happens each time you get done busting some ghosts and there's a cutscene.

The patch had to do with the on-line multiplayer. Until recently it was glitched to where you could not get all of the trophies and had a lot of freezing issues.

I got a bunch of cutscenes, so it must've saved my progress, but I guess it was corrupted.

At least it's a fun game, so it won't be a chore to re-do the progress I lost. I'm just annoyed about it though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I got a bunch of cutscenes, so it must've saved my progress, but I guess it was corrupted.

At least it's a fun game, so it won't be a chore to re-do the progress I lost. I'm just annoyed about it though.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me when I was playing through career mode. When I wanted to stop for the night I always knew I would have to redo some of it because I never knew exactly where it saved. The only way to tell where the savepoints are at is when you beat a level and go back to it from the main menu. You'll see a list of scenes and those are basically all of the checkpoints in the game. I know that doesn't really help with the current levels though.

I've had fun playing it. The career mode is entertaining but short. It does offer a little replay value if you go back through to round up all the scans and the artifacts. That and going back for the trophies. I bought the game in July and I'm still playing because of the on-line co-op mode. It's really a lot of fun IMHO.

Alright, I just tried going into career mode again in this game and I had to pull the 'go into multiplayer, then exit' trick to get my 'continue career' option to show up. WTF!?!

I don't know. But if it happens again(I'm gonna try it again later tonight), then I think it's going up on my TL without me even trying to finish it. I'm not gonna put up with having to go into the multiplayer JUST to get the save to load right every damn time.

If you want the platinum with this one- good luck! Online is so barren right now. Snails pace trying to finish every round type. Had hard enough time just trying to get a slime dunk game before, going to be impossible now! Lol... Anyone else still working on this?

I did manage to play a 4 player round of survival. 1st time in a long time and it was pretty darn fun!

I got the platinum about a month ago but I still play on-line once a day or so. If you catch me on there I'll play some matches to help you out.

Lately I've noticed a ton of rookies on there that bitch out after the first round b/c they're so far behind in cash.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']No it didn't! Just my ps3.[/QUOTE]
I'll be wanting to play this online somemore once I get my copy back.
I was happy when metaly talked about rotating this with some other games (worms, and bomberman I think) on Saturdays, but that didn't happen. :cry:

[quote name='mguiddy']I'll be wanting to play this online somemore once I get my copy back.
I was happy when metaly talked about rotating this with some other games (worms, and bomberman I think) on Saturdays, but that didn't happen. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Let's still do that. I've been itching for some Worms lately.

That doesn't sound right.

[quote name='metaly']Let's still do that. I've been itching for some Worms lately.

That doesn't sound right.[/QUOTE]
I have Worms and Bomberman, I don't think I played Bomberman since I bought it. :lol:

Just let me know when on Saturday and I'll be there. :lol:

So, have the rest of you had the continue career glitch where you have to go into the multiplayer option to get continue to show up? I'm just wondering, since this is annoying as hell.

Thanks. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this. It's frustrating as hell, but I don't wanna put this game up on my TL without finishing it, since it cost me a Tales Of Vesperia guide.

Mind ya, I really should try and finish Red Faction FIRST, since I've had it for over a month plus now, though I just liberated Oasis again last night(since I had the game prior to getting rid of my fat model PS3).

How's the MP for this game? Is it as friggin' picky as RF:G with requiring a better connection or can I get away with the slower speed I have like I do in GTAIV?

Ok yeah I noticed that too... There are a lot more rookies and less high ranked players. Guessing most finished with the thing and traded it over to the newer players. Who happen to be just as bad as not finding anyone to play with HA.

No clue how I am going to finish protection as most like to linger around the disrupter and not lead the last golem away/freeze him and wait for time to run. That mode a destruction are the two I gotta finish.

Also I think my Payday! trophy may be glitched still. I could of sworn I got it once... but it looks like you have had to sync it with the server right away to have it lock in, but now I can't get it to unlock. I'll finish this chart for gozer's most wanted first and we'll see... grr.

Ok well I finished my check list and still no go on gozer's. weeeee...

I'm reading stuff like if someone leaves a match it doesn't count and the thing is still glitched. Was a battle to get this far to 97% but whatever lol.

If anyone wants to work on the co-op trophies with me, feel free to add me, my PSN is gettinmoney662. I just started playing and haven't played online yet so it may take me some time to figure out what to do in each mode but I'm also a fast learner, haha. So yeah, if you want to play some of the campaigns together, hit me up.

Regarding those supposed graphical differences, I've played through both demos now, and didn't notice any. It's not a super great looking game (by 2009 standards) either way, and if they're there, you must need to see them side by side.

Had an easier time fighting those ghosts at the end of the demo on the Xbox version, but that may just have been because I'd already played through it once.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If anyone wants to work on the co-op trophies with me, feel free to add me, my PSN is gettinmoney662. I just started playing and haven't played online yet so it may take me some time to figure out what to do in each mode but I'm also a fast learner, haha. So yeah, if you want to play some of the campaigns together, hit me up.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played any of the co-op stuff, so feel free to add me.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I haven't played any of the co-op stuff, so feel free to add me.[/QUOTE]

I need to wrap up my online trophies too. when do you guys think you will play? :) I play the MOST saturday and sunday during the day. I can usually squeeze in a Thursday night too.

Is there a checklist/guide out there to help make sure you've played every level in every mode?

[quote name='nbballard']I need to wrap up my online trophies too. when do you guys think you will play? :) I play the MOST saturday and sunday during the day. I can usually squeeze in a Thursday night too.

Is there a checklist/guide out there to help make sure you've played every level in every mode?[/QUOTE]

It pretty much depends on my schedule at work but I usually play every day, mostly nights.

[quote name='nbballard']I need to wrap up my online trophies too. when do you guys think you will play? :) I play the MOST saturday and sunday during the day. I can usually squeeze in a Thursday night too.

Is there a checklist/guide out there to help make sure you've played every level in every mode?[/QUOTE]

You pretty much have to make a checklist and mark the levels off as you complete them. That's what I had to do to get the Payday trophy. I'm usually on in the evenings (after 5:00PM CST) or later evenings on weekends. If I'm on I'll help anyone out that still needs to get the platinum.

Finally got my TV and PS3 unpacked today. For those of you that sent me PSN requests I've finally accepted them. Sorry it took so long! I'm hoping to get back on later this evening for some on-line Ghostbustin'

Next time you guys group up for multiplayer I'd be down. I haven't played since the patch game out. I need to finish busting Slimers and some of the Most Wanted.

bread's done
Back