Ghostbusters: Slimer Edition Amazon Exclusive - Price Drop: (360/PS3) $110 (Wii) $90

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
6/13 Update - Price Drop!
Price drop:
:360: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $109.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $109.99
:wii: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $89.99

Original post
Just found out about this, it appears to be for the 360 and Wii only. Pretty pricey unless you're a total Ghostbuster geek. Of course you will probably be able to get this for under $100 within the first few months of the game's release.

Wii: $109.99
360: $129.99

http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-..._9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239734152&sr=1-9

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the camp that the collector's editions are for the most part a lot of unnecesary junkola IMHO...figurines, cards, little comic books, anything plastic, little bags, etc...unless they provide a disk with the old school version of the game, or something game related

Sorry folks, but this Amazon exclusive Slimer Edition for Wii/360 will be put on hold due to Sony publishing the game:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sony-picks-up-ghostbusters-from-atari_3

Sony Computer Entertainment will now be publishing Terminal Reality's Ghostbusters title in a surprise deal signed with Atari today, according to GamesIndustry.biz.

The game is set for a June 19 release alongside the Sony Pictures film, but only on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2 platforms. They will have a period of exclusivity lasting several months until the PSP edition is launched.

It is unclear exactly what will happen to the Xbox 360 version of the game, although GamesIndustry.biz understands that Atari may look to publish it later on.

This will be the third publisher within a year for the Ghostbusters game. The former Vivendi title was dropped by Activision in the merger last summer, before subsequently being picked up by Atari.

"Wow! Talk about telekinetic activity, look at this mess!"

oh wow, that's really odd considering how close to release this one is...sucks for xbox owners =/

I'm still on the fence on this one, with all the games coming out around the same time this will def be a "price drop must have" methinks...maybe when the 360 version eventually comes out?

Surprised, but then again not really since Sony owns Columbia Pictures (and thus the Ghostbusters franchise). I thought they'd eventually wise up and nab it...

Wow, sucks for our PALs.

I'm hoping Amazon drops the price of the Slimer edition like they just did for the Batman CE... unlikely, but I might have to cancel if they don't. :cry: Even with ECA, it seems a bit much.

all these CE just seem like space wasters to me now. although i think a soundtrack or even better an artbook are cool bonuses and i mean bonuses, not the overpriced packages we see now. i missed those days you got free stuff just for preordering. at any rate you'll see these CE's drop in a few months like they all do. at least they don't pretend they're limited.

Hmmm I'd throw down that kind of money only if it came with a remote control Ecto-1

Not trying the thread crap but this set will be 70 bucks in no time.

Just to join the echo, but $130? Really?

$70 I can see.... possibly even $80.... no way would I pay $130 for that.

Quite sad seeing this listed next to 3 video games

Total List Price: $289.97
Price For All Three: $280.97

Anyway, time to update the OP with the fact that a PS3 version exists

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Didn't notice the Minimates were ghosts. I'm even less interested, now.[/quote]

If those minimates are exclusives then there will be some minimates collectors buying it. But there are not enough collectors out there that will buy this so I think it will drop to $60 before they really start leaving the shelf.

[quote name='V Gundam']If those minimates are exclusives then there will be some minimates collectors buying it. But there are not enough collectors out there that will buy this so I think it will drop to $60 before they really start leaving the shelf.[/quote]

Yes the minimates are exclusive to the set according to the pre-order site.

If someone gets this at $60 then they are getting one heck of a deal!

The bust is limited to 6500 pieces too.

It's an Amazon exclusive so I'd preorder if you really want one. The only releases that are really limited are usually retailer specific. And if it's not, you can just return it for a full refund within a month.

[quote name='V Gundam']If those minimates are exclusives then there will be some minimates collectors buying it. But there are not enough collectors out there that will buy this so I think it will drop to $60 before they really start leaving the shelf.[/quote]

Factoring in how many GB fans are going crazy over this, odds are you won't see it for $60 down the line.

[quote name='CheapyD']Price drop:[/QUOTE]

Looks like the miniatures have been removed:

""Slimer Edition" Update: R.I.P Minimates
We recently learned the Minimates we expected to offer with the Slimer Edition have disappeared amidst a storm of paranormal activity. Unfortunately they won't be included with the bundle. We're very sorry for any disappointment this causes. For this reason, we've lowered the price. Those who have already pre-ordered the Slimer Edition will get the item at the new price. "

[quote name='no_exit']Looks like the miniatures have been removed:

""Slimer Edition" Update: R.I.P Minimates
We recently learned the Minimates we expected to offer with the Slimer Edition have disappeared amidst a storm of paranormal activity. Unfortunately they won't be included with the bundle. We're very sorry for any disappointment this causes. For this reason, we've lowered the price. Those who have already pre-ordered the Slimer Edition will get the item at the new price. "[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would characterize this less as a price drop and more as a removal of a big part of the reason people might have wanted this CE and therefore they were forced to adjust the price accordingly.

Which version? Is it worth it in your honest opinion? Hows the game itself? I havent gotten mine yet...

[quote name='splintercell']Well, this just came in the mail, so if anybody has any questions as to the contents, let me know.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='splintercell']Well, this just came in the mail, so if anybody has any questions as to the contents, let me know.[/QUOTE]
photos and unboxing images?

[quote name='Warn3rv3']Which version? Is it worth it in your honest opinion? Hows the game itself? I havent gotten mine yet...[/QUOTE]

The 360 version. The game I won't play until tonight, so there I will defer to probably countless forum threads with plenty of opinions already. As to the limited edition...it probably really isn't, no.

Unlike the Amazon exclusive Fallout 3 package (which however, gave you a bum clock), this isn't really packaged as an "Amazon" set all together at all. In my shipping box were the following separate items:
  • The game itself, just regular edition, not with the cover that Amazon shows, which seems to indicate that they had their own exclusive cover designs. UPC on the back and everything.
  • A little videogame-branded box with the Ecto-1 keychain. The keychain is pretty cute and does make the siren sound from the movies, but for the money I wish it also had real rolling wheels and that the lights flashed along with the siren.
  • The big sheet of console stickers or whatever, which are pretty useless but at least they aren't just flat stickers, but rather somewhat raised. I guess you can slap them on your console or laptop.
  • Finally, a large unmarked white box containing the Slimer bust. As a pleasant surprise, this is actually larger and better looking than I expected. It's a two-part piece, with a pretty hefty base and then the Slimer bit which attaches at the hand. It says it's one of 6500 - and has a certificate too - but neither are numbered and it's made in China.
So it breaks down to maybe $5-10 for the keychain, maybe $5 for the stickers and then $35-40 for the bust, which unless you collect these things you probably won't want to pay. Now, if they had put in the Minimates too, for about $100 total, it wouldn't have been all that bad.

[quote name='splintercell']The 360 version. The game I won't play until tonight, so there I will defer to probably countless forum threads with plenty of opinions already. As to the limited edition...it probably really isn't, no.

Unlike the Amazon exclusive Fallout 3 package (which however, gave you a bum clock), this isn't really packaged as an "Amazon" set all together at all. In my shipping box were the following separate items:
  • The game itself, just regular edition, not with the cover that Amazon shows, which seems to indicate that they had their own exclusive cover designs. UPC on the back and everything.
  • A little videogame-branded box with the Ecto-1 keychain. The keychain is pretty cute and does make the siren sound from the movies, but for the money I wish it also had real rolling wheels and that the lights flashed along with the siren.
  • The big sheet of console stickers or whatever, which are pretty useless but at least they aren't just flat stickers, but rather somewhat raised. I guess you can slap them on your console or laptop.
  • Finally, a large unmarked white box containing the Slimer bust. As a pleasant surprise, this is actually larger and better looking than I expected. It's a two-part piece, with a pretty hefty base and then the Slimer bit which attaches at the hand. It says it's one of 6500 - and has a certificate too - but neither are numbered and it's made in China.
So it breaks down to maybe $5-10 for the keychain, maybe $5 for the stickers and then $35-40 for the bust, which unless you collect these things you probably won't want to pay. Now, if they had put in the Minimates too, for about $100 total, it wouldn't have been all that bad.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info. I think the lack of a different cover for the game or an overall box for everything is straight up deceptive on the part of Amazon. Their listing clearly shows a different cover. It makes me very glad I didn't purchase this "collectors edition".

I would have liked to get the Slimer edition but couldn't justify spending twice the MSRP. I ended up pre-ordering with Gamestop, but since this was my first online order with GS I just learned today that they don't ship games until release day. Lame.

[quote name='bojay1997']Thanks for this info. I think the lack of a different cover for the game or an overall box for everything is straight up deceptive on the part of Amazon. Their listing clearly shows a different cover. It makes me very glad I didn't purchase this "collectors edition".[/QUOTE]
You know, that somehow was more disappointing than I thought it would be. I'm not really a hardcore collector, but I was looking forward to having a different looking game case anyway. Maybe I'll try complaining to customer service and see if something can be done. :)

Edit: In addition, I just noticed that Amazon says that it includes "An exclusive (in the US) Ecto1 Key Chain that lights up and makes a siren sound." Well, it doesn't light up at all. In fact, the box clearly says "Ecto-1 Sound Keychain".

Here's hoping the Batman CE will make someone happy. I have hopes for the batarang.

Any one's Ecto keychain come working? Or is this more amazons Pipboy style shenanigans.

Got the Amazon Slimer Edition today so here are some pics:

CIMG0051.jpg

CIMG0053.jpg

CIMG0049.jpg

CIMG0047.jpg

A few notes:

• The sculpture is quite nice and comes with a certificate of authenticity indicating that only 6,500 have been made. This seems to imply that the total number across all three platforms is 6,500.
  • Unfortunately, the Slimer Edition is the same for each platform. You are simply given a standard copy of the game along with the collectibles. This means collectors only need to purchase one copy.
  • The R.I.P. figures were removed and the price dropped about a week ago.
  • The Ecto-1 keychain makes sounds and is supposedly a US exclusive.
  • I have no idea what you're supposed to do with the Gamer Graffix Skins.

Just saw this on the 360 version from Amazon :

"Slimer Edition" Update: R.I.P Minimates
We recently learned the Minimates we expected to offer with the Slimer Edition have disappeared amidst a storm of paranormal activity. Unfortunately they won't be included with the bundle. We're very sorry for any disappointment this causes. For this reason, we've lowered the price. Those who have already pre-ordered the Slimer Edition will get the item at the new price.

So it's $30 for a keychain and a skin? PFFT, whatever.

EDIT: My math was off a bit. They're asking $110 for the game, a skin and a keychain. $50 for those two little extras? What's worse is people are gonna fall for this.

[quote name='Solatso']Just saw this on the 360 version from Amazon :

"Slimer Edition" Update: R.I.P Minimates
We recently learned the Minimates we expected to offer with the Slimer Edition have disappeared amidst a storm of paranormal activity. Unfortunately they won't be included with the bundle. We're very sorry for any disappointment this causes. For this reason, we've lowered the price. Those who have already pre-ordered the Slimer Edition will get the item at the new price.

So it's $30 for a keychain and a skin? PFFT, whatever.

EDIT: My math was off a bit. They're asking $110 for the game, a skin and a keychain. $50 for those two little extras? What's worse is people are gonna fall for this.[/QUOTE]

It seems that more than your math is off... It also includes a large limited edition Slimer figurine that is quite well made. See my pictures above.

[quote name='sliknik27']It seems that more than your math is off... It also includes a large limited edition Slimer figurine that is quite well made. See my pictures above.[/QUOTE]

It's basically an extra $50 for the bust since the skins and car are valued at roughly a few dollars total. The lack of an overall box and console specific versions basically kills this as a collector's edition. I suspect you will start to see some of these busts show up on Ebay at high prices only to collapse as people realize that 6,500 of something like this is actually a lot and that a bust of Slimer isn't exactly an ideal collectible.

Is it just me or does it look like the slimer bust looks better without the slimer? Just the plain ol' ghostbusters logo looks pretty cool. If they really wanted to crank this offer up, they should have made the bust with led lights in it. Now that would have been awesome! Infact, they could have used the ones that should have come in the Ecto-1 Keychain. ;)

CheapAssGamer.com: Where people won't pay retail for a AAA title that was just released but they will pay 2x retail to get a mediocre game with some limited junk.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']CheapAssGamer.com: Where people won't pay retail for a AAA title that was just released but they will pay 2x retail to get a mediocre game with some limited junk.[/QUOTE]
totally uncalled for.

As a cheapassghostbusters fan (CAB?), I eagerly anticipate this set showing up as a DOTD for ~$50. That ECTO-1 keychain looks pretty awesome.

[quote name='sliknik27']It seems that more than your math is off... It also includes a large limited edition Slimer figurine that is quite well made. See my pictures above.[/QUOTE]

I thought the Bust was the minimates thing, my fault. Either way it's still not worth and extra $50, I heard the bust was little.

I'd be more inclined to purchase it if the game had exclusive artwork that indicated it was from Amazon.com or something - similar to the mock-up box on the product page. Even moreso if the art on the disc was exclusive. I'm a sucker for hard-to-get stuff.

6 to 8 months it will be selling for 20 bucks. collectors editions are funny in that way but sad in the fact that people will pay 100 bucks for useless shit and a game.

[quote name='lokizz']6 to 8 months it will be selling for 20 bucks. collectors editions are funny in that way but sad in the fact that people will pay 100 bucks for useless shit and a game.[/QUOTE]

Pretty doubtful. There aren't enough copies of it to last that long. Everyone seems to think every CE/LE is the Halo Legendary Edition, now.

[quote name='dago2727']Quick question for whomever received this set: Is the Slimer Bust made of resin like most other busts, or is it plastic?
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Anybody know the answer, id like to know as well.

bread's done
Back