Ghostbusters: Slimer Edition Amazon Exclusive - Price Drop: (360/PS3) $110 (Wii) $90

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
6/13 Update - Price Drop!
Price drop:
:360: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $109.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $109.99
:wii: Ghostbusters the Video Game Amazon.com Exclusive Slimer Edition $89.99

Original post
Just found out about this, it appears to be for the 360 and Wii only. Pretty pricey unless you're a total Ghostbuster geek. Of course you will probably be able to get this for under $100 within the first few months of the game's release.

Wii: $109.99
360: $129.99

http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-..._9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239734152&sr=1-9

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yuffiestrife']I wonder how big the bust is?[/quote]

Well anything more than a handful is a waste.

Can anyone tell me what those little figures that are included have to do with Ghostbusters?
I don't recognise them at all.

[quote name='benjamouth']Well anything more than a handful is a waste.

Can anyone tell me what those little figures that are included have to do with Ghostbusters?
I don't recognise them at all.[/quote]

http://www.minimateheadquarters.com/?p=174

They are based on ghosts from the game. There is a picture of the actual design at the link as well.

These things are about the size of lego figures

PS3 version

http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-...1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239797153&sr=8-11

51%2BAQSqq8EL._SS350_.jpg

Now that is weird. It says that there is no Slimer Edition when you click on the PS3 area in your link, but if you search for it, you get the PS3 version. Guess it's just some technical error on Amazon's part. I thought it was a little fishy not to make a special edition for all three consoles.

And as for this edition...yeah. I thought $100 for the Batman: Arkham Asylum CE was way too much. For me, to make an edition worthwhile, they have to either offer a decent amount of stuff at a slightly ($10-25) higher price, or in the case of making me pay more for the extras than the game, they better give me a ridiculous amount of stuff.

[quote name='jacknicklson']http://www.minimateheadquarters.com/?p=174

They are based on ghosts from the game. There is a picture of the actual design at the link as well.

These things are about the size of lego figures[/quote]

Ahhh ok, it's a shame cos this is the one game I might have bought crap like this for, but none of it interests me.

[quote name='Jodou']What a ripoff.[/quote]

How so? The game alone (on the 360 and PS3) is $60. So, you're looking at $70 for the extras. A bust like that, if it's not a piece of crap, would run you a decent amount as a collectible. The issue is whether or not you actually want a bust of Slimer.

I like what they are doing with these exclusives, but always too much. And the authentic sculpture is cool and all but wow, double the price for it. Kinda like the fallout special, cool but way over priced.

[quote name='Nirron']And as for this edition...yeah. I thought $100 for the Batman: Arkham Asylum CE was way too much. For me, to make an edition worthwhile, they have to either offer a decent amount of stuff at a slightly ($10-25) higher price, or in the case of making me pay more for the extras than the game, they better give me a ridiculous amount of stuff.[/QUOTE]

Id pay 100 for batman CE just cause you get that batarang. I mean who hasnt dreamed of winging one of those around as a kid (or now).

As mentioned above, most collectibles busts run from $30-$70 (comic/movie/etc...) except for some really garbage stuff, that's like $15. Exclusive minimates and a keychain make it a reasonable price if you're into those sorts of things, but I'll pass.

Paying $10 or $20 more for a "collectors edition" is worth it to me. Paying 2x the cost of the game, regardless of what you get, is just stupid in my opinion.

[quote name='daminion']Paying $10 or $20 more for a "collectors edition" is worth it to me. Paying 2x the cost of the game, regardless of what you get, is just stupid in my opinion.[/quote]

I don't know about that. How many CEs or LEs are just cases and a bonus disc? Though I probably won't buy this, I much prefer having it out there. It's far more collectible than a foil sleeve and an interview with a game developer.

The new coverart is hideous and the thing is outrageously expensive for what it provides... even by my CE whore standards.

Thanks for the info, OP.

[quote name='tankass']Id pay 100 for batman CE just cause you get that batarang. I mean who hasnt dreamed of winging one of those around as a kid (or now).[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this thought process would be great if they hadn't mass produced amazing quality versions of the Batarang yet...

Slimer FTW!

Unfortunately, I don't really trust these Amazon exclusives. The Shit-Boy 3000 comes to mind :p

Oh, I almost forgot about the GoW2 Lancer, which some considered a flop.

must be nice to be a greedy ass company who doesn't care about the gamer and would prefer to ass rape them. These SE/LE versions are starting to get old and out of control. There is no justification for certain games to double in cost when all there giving you is a glorified piece of plastic...cough...Legendary Edition...cough. Halo 3 ruined this new SE/LE craze for me. The thing was originally $100 then a few months before launch it jumped $30 more bucks. That isn't the worst of it, 2-3 months after launch you could score the piece of shit for around $70. Sorry Bungie, but I will now wait for all your games to hit the clearance rack for this mistake.

Not for nothing, but I don't see the "ass rape" in any of this. If games only came in these expensive packages, I would definitely agree. If you really want to play, say, Halo 3, and all they had was the Legendary Edition, I'd be kind of pissed, too. But we don't have to buy all of the CEs and LEs out there. Just buy the regular game, then.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not for nothing, but I don't see the "ass rape" in any of this. If games only came in these expensive packages, I would definitely agree. If you really want to play, say, Halo 3, and all they had was the Legendary Edition, I'd be kind of pissed, too. But we don't have to buy all of the CEs and LEs out there. Just buy the regular game, then.[/quote]

I think it's more that people wanted a Collector's Edition worth buying because they wanted a CE for the Ghostbusters game. But this just really does not seem appealing at all to me. I suppose I'm just being harsh since it's filled with absolutely nothing I would care to own.

[quote name='GuardianE']I think it's more that people wanted a Collector's Edition worth buying because they wanted a CE for the Ghostbusters game. But this just really does not seem appealing at all to me. I suppose I'm just being harsh since it's filled with absolutely nothing I would care to own.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm actually a huge fan of the $10-$20 over regular edition MSRP with a special case (steelbook rocks) and a bonus DVD with interviews, etc... This "limited edition" appeals to a very specific group of gamers who apparently love slimer, keychains and figures of characters created just for the game. This kind of stuff appeals to a 12 year old boy, not adults who actually have $130 to spend on a video game which may or may not be any good. I strongly disagree that any of these limited editions is very "collectible" as in they will hold their value as there are literally a handful that have maintained or appreciated in value and a huge number that have dropped well below the original MSRP for just the game.

Not every collectible needs to shoot up in value. Hasn't anyone on here ever collected anything...just because? Everytime I see a thread about a CE or LE, all I ever read is, "Oh, this won't go up in value!" Who cares? If you're a fan of the Ghostbusters, you might want this...just because. Doesn't anyone just enjoy things anymore? It seems like eBay has created a culture who only cares about the value of something in the reselling market.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not every collectible needs to shoot up in value. Hasn't anyone on here ever collected anything...just because? Everytime I see a thread about a CE or LE, all I ever read is, "Oh, this won't go up in value!" Who cares? If you're a fan of the Ghostbusters, you might want this...just because. Doesn't anyone just enjoy things anymore? It seems like eBay has created a culture who only cares about the value of something in the reselling market.[/quote]

It should at least be within reason though. I mean doubling the price just for some of the extras seems a little excessive to me. I like to buy CE of games, and not because of the reselling value or if I could, but mainly because it has to be somewhat reasonable to pay a little more to get the extras that would make me happy that I'm a "collector". When they made the price for these collectibles double the price of the original game to get, thats when Amazon themselves made it into a reselling atmosphere and are giving people the notion these are really valueable collectibles they can resell on ebay.

By no mean am I trying to say youre wrong or even this whole idea is wrong, but this is just my opinion. I can enjoy things, but Im not made of money.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not every collectible needs to shoot up in value. Hasn't anyone on here ever collected anything...just because? Everytime I see a thread about a CE or LE, all I ever read is, "Oh, this won't go up in value!" Who cares? If you're a fan of the Ghostbusters, you might want this...just because. Doesn't anyone just enjoy things anymore? It seems like eBay has created a culture who only cares about the value of something in the reselling market.[/quote]

I heart Ghostbusters.....

With that said I will look into this. The Bust is pretty neat-o and depending on the size and quality that might be worth $30+ retail anyway. So I will keep an eye open for this bad boy

I really don't think you can lay the blame on Amazon for creating a reselling atmosphere. These very expensive Amazon-exclusives really only started popping up recently. Reselling has been going on for quite some time.

Anyway, like I said earlier, the game itself is $60. Would you spend $70 on the bust, the keychain, and the figures? If not, obviously, move along. This isn't your bag. Don't blame you in the least bit. I cannot begin to name how many stupid-ass CEs and LEs I have scoffed at over the years...CEs and LEs I'm sure fans of the source material fell over themselves to get to.

It simply disheartens me when I see a culture that is only worried about how much they can sell something for later. If you're buying stocks, yeah, that's a good game plan. But this is something fans of the Ghostbusters might just enjoy. No need to crap on it, just because you don't like the source material that much, and you don't think you'll be able to sell it on eBay for $300.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I really don't think you can lay the blame on Amazon for creating a reselling atmosphere. These very expensive Amazon-exclusives really only started popping up recently. Reselling has been going on for quite some time.

Anyway, like I said earlier, the game itself is $60. Would you spend $70 on the bust, the keychain, and the figures? If not, obviously, move along. This isn't your bag. Don't blame you in the least bit. I cannot begin to name how many stupid-ass CEs and LEs I have scoffed at over the years...CEs and LEs I'm sure fans of the source material fell over themselves to get to.

It simply disheartens me when I see a culture that is only worried about how much they can sell something for later. If you're buying stocks, yeah, that's a good game plan. But this is something fans of the Ghostbusters might just enjoy. No need to crap on it, just because you don't like the source material that much, and you don't think you'll be able to sell it on eBay for $300.[/quote]

Agreed. Some of the people in this thread are sort of retarded and they dont really make a valid argument other than "this sucks" or "ripoff".

But this deal specifically to me I personally just cant get behind. Its a really nice preorder set, and I really want it too, but the price just screws me. So its more of an angry rant for me more so than a pointless one. I mean Id probably pay an extra $30 for it even. But no luck T___T.

i don't know, im a huge fan & i cant wait to get this game, but $130.00 is a lot of green...for that money i can get the reg, edition & another game that week.

I'm kind of annoyed, too. As I mentioned earlier, for the price, they should have gotten the cast to sign it. Steve Johnson is apparently a talented guy and all, but his signature isn't exactly making me rush to the site to put in a pre-order.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm kind of annoyed, too. As I mentioned earlier, for the price, they should have gotten the cast to sign it. Steve Johnson is apparently a talented guy and all, but his signature isn't exactly making me rush to the site to put in a pre-order.[/quote]

Or at least include Bobbleheads of Egon, Peter, Raymond, and Winston. That might actually make me want to pay the extra. I remember the Chris Farley Bobblehead I got with the Holy Schnike edition. Something like might push me over the top to get that. But as it stands, :whee:

bread's done
Back